Author Topic: 東方八ヶ岳 〜 Reawakening of Youkai Mountain (Concept)  (Read 7632 times)

Himura Hashimoto

Hello there, everyone. Y'see I've come up with this fangame concept called "Touhou Yatsugatake ~ Reawakening of Youkai Mountain". This may not be an actual game, but I decided to share the story here anyways.

Prologue
The girls have been given an invitation to a party by a mysterious two-headed creature. It has the head of a cat on one end and the head of a dog on the other. The invitation read:

"Party at the Jumpscare Manor

Wear your best attire and be sure to bring a guest along. We'll be eagerly waiting for your arrival♥

From, S. Hashimoto"

Yukari Yakumo reads the invitation and is ecstatic when she reads that the party is being held at the mansion of an old friend of hers, so she drags Reimu Hakurei and her shikigami Ran Yakumo along with her.

Shortly after receiving her invitation, Marisa Kirisame discovers a divine spirit known as Rin Satsuki playing her erhu in the Human Village, but not many people were willing to listen to her music. Needing a partner to attend, she convinces the spirit to join her by agreeing to help her attract more people to listen to her music if she agreed to be her partner. Rin agreed, and the two set off for the mansion.

Remilia Scarlet accepts the invitation simply because she was bored and she likes parties. Sakuya Izayoi goes along in order to keep the mistress out of trouble.

Meanwhile, while Youmu Konpaku was going out to Eientei in order to pick up some medicine for Yuyuko who had come down with a cold, she encounters the two-headed creature with the invitation. She reads it and suspects there was something about it. She then encounters Fujiwara no Mokou who then guides her out of the Bamboo Forest after picking up the medicine. Youmu tells Mokou about what she discovered and Mokou agrees to go along with her since Yuyuko was unavailable.

But the other girls will soon find out that what they hoped would be a party turns out to be something much bigger....

Boss Characters

Asahi Nagashirokawa (Stage 1 Boss, Stage 2 Midboss)
Ameko Kiyomizu (Stage 2 Boss)
Shinobu (Stage 3 Boss)
Afaneia (Stage 4 Midboss #1)
Thanatos Xibalba (Stage 4 Midboss #2)
Sumiko Hashimoto (Stage 4 Boss)
Zilia(ris) (Stage 5 #1 Midboss)
Himura Hashimoto (Stage 5 #1 Boss)
Mellon Parelthon (Stage 5 #2 Midboss)
Shinju Hashimoto (Stage 5 #2 Boss)
The Moriya Shrine Crew (Stage 6A Midbosses)
Aoi Yamaguchi (Stage 6A Boss, Stage 6B Midboss)
Fujiwara no Akane (Stage 6B Boss)
Olivine Yamaguchi, Lapislazuli Yamaguchi, Jasper Yamaguchi (Stage EX Midbosses)
Mayonaka Yamaguchi (Extra Stage Boss)

I'm trying to create scenarios for each of the characters, starting with the Grotesque Barrier Team (Yukari Yakumo, Reimu Hakurei, and Ran Yakumo).  The list'll be updated depending on what new scenarios I manage to make. Right now, just tell me what you think.

Grotesque Barrier Team's Stage 1 Scenario
Grotesque Barrier Team's Stage 2 Scenario
Grotesque Barrier Team's Stage 3 Scenario
Grotesque Barrier Team's Stage 4 Scenario
Grotesque Barrier Team's Stage 5 Part 1 Scenario
Grotesque Barrier Team's Stage 5 Part 2 Scenario

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:35:00 PM by Himura Hashimoto »

Himura Hashimoto

Re: 東方八ヶ岳 〜 Reawakening of Youkai Mountain (Concept)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 05:53:23 AM »
But nobody came.... :ohdear:

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 05:40:58 AM »
Shall I play the Nobody Came OST from Undertale?
And do not worry. I am a Nobody lurker who's been here with four posts and got locked out of his account! Here I am now!

All kidding aside, is this basically a jumpscare game then? Mixed with something like Phoenix Wright and Danganronpa? An investigative murder type game? Looks like it at least from what I'm seeing.

Himura Hashimoto

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 01:21:51 PM »
All kidding aside, is this basically a jumpscare game then? Mixed with something like Phoenix Wright and Danganronpa? An investigative murder type game? Looks like it at least from what I'm seeing.

Well, it's just a standard Touhou danmaku shooter. Try reading the profiles of the characters to understand. I linked them in the description.

Himura Hashimoto

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 11:35:36 PM »
Okay, now I've updated the list~

Himura Hashimoto

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 09:59:02 AM »