Author Topic: Touhou 15 「東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom」 Patch 1.00b released  (Read 216002 times)

Spoiler:
Hmm, yea, the names of Junko's spell cards make it kinda clear that their simplicity is on purpose.

I saw someone say that ZUN said (in the omake?) that another reason for their simplicity was so that people could enjoy purely dodging danmaku just for the sake of danmaku.

Kinda an odd decision for a final boss, although considering that the Extra Stage is "Stage 7" as well as the storyline context, narratively Hecatia + Junko is the final boss, not Junko.  The fact that Junko jumps in for some spell cards makes the purposeful simplicity even more obvious if you compare her spell cards to Hecatia's... again, alongside the spell card names.

No spoilers!! -Helepolis

EDIT:  Sorry, I forgot :(
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:04:04 AM by Tiamat »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
So I just tried the final boss with Reimu and her hitbox made most of the rings go from pixel-perfect bullshit to a complete joke.

This is like Sukuna's Grow Bigger card all over again.

Formless God

That final boss is a huge wasted potential. I liked the fact that elegance is into the shitter for real, but there are plenty of things that are more fun to play against than rings.
Maybe he will nail it next time
In the meantime the scoring and Legacy in general are all kinds of fucked the more I think about it. He should've just kept the initial resource scheme

P.S. Ahahahaha she
Spoiler:
comes back in the extra stage
with TWO exact same attacks as 3rd nonspell, except one of them uses red bullets. One of her spells is a single slow as ass ring. What are you smoking ZUN
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 10:51:35 PM by ayy lmao »

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
Here's a quick translation of all the new Spell Cards for anyone who's interested: http://pastebin.com/dRq5gLZ8
Too late, nothing will stop me from calling the Stage 5 boss's spell cards "Quick Man" and "Double Quick Man". :V

microfolk

• I'ts absolutely
Too late, nothing will stop me from calling the Stage 5 boss's spell cards "Quick Man" and "Double Quick Man". :V

... that's why I hate those spellcards so much.
I didn't make the connection, thank you for allowing me to focus my hate.

Spoiler:
Do any of the endings tell what became of Junko after the events of the game? I'm assuming Seiran, Ringo and Sagome went back to the Moon, Doremy stayed in the Dream World and Clownpiece and Hecatia returned to Hell, but I doubt Junko would be welcome in any of those places. Is she in Gensokyo? She already proved that she has no problem being around impurity and I can't see her being anywhere else.

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Where are all of you getting the game?
Were all of you at Comiket 88? because I kinda doubt it...

Did some of you get it from Playism?

Also
Spoiler:
Clownpiece: 'MUUUUUUUUURICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, FUCK YEAH!
That stage 5 boss looks like complete hell though.
Spoiler:
Two survivals, really?

How does the stage 5 boss compare to dreamy Doremi?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:23:03 PM by Nolegs the Cat »

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Were all of you at Comiket 88? because I kinda doubt it...

Did some of you get it from Playism?

Apologies to moderators. It starts with a P and ends with a Y.

Also
Spoiler:
Clownpiece: 'MUUUUUUUUURICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, FUCK YEAH!
That stage 5 boss looks like complete hell though.
Spoiler:
Two survivals, really?

How does the stage 5 boss compare to dreamy Doremi?

<><><><> is much harder than Doremy.

Start of Stage 1: 2 lives
End of Stage 1: 4 lives
End of 2: 6 lives
End of 3: 7.3 lives
End of 4: 7.3 lives
End of 5: 4 lives
Right before Junko: 2 lives
And I continued on her second spell, but then, I haven't practiced Stage 6 at all.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:47:56 AM by Helepolis »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Formless God

my dad works at shanghai alice

Nolegs the Cat

my dad works at shanghai alice

10/10 best explanation
buy me gaem plz

Also LoLK is like UFO 2.0 from the looks of it :V

10/10 best explanation
buy me gaem plz

Also LoLK is like UFO 2.0 from the looks of it :V
hmm what do you mean? Reminds me of SA the most IMO.
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
hmm what do you mean? Reminds me of SA the most IMO.

Hard but gives a boatload of resources.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
P.S. Ahahahaha she
Spoiler:
comes back in the extra stage
with TWO exact same attacks as 3rd nonspell, except one of them uses red bullets. One of her spells is a single slow as ass ring. What are you smoking ZUN

For the single ring spellcard I'm pretty sure that the bullets used there are modified big round bullets whose hitbox is their entire sprite.
It's like ZUN really tried to make her as unlikable as possible.
I was quite liking
Spoiler:
the Extra stage
until she barged in and took a giant shit on the floor.

Komeiji11

• The Gloomy Power of Love
Speaking of Touhou 12, remember how its stage 6 was a reference to Space Invaders? This stage 6 reminded me of Patchouli's Silent Selene, which is fitting I suppose.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
I like the game, but I'm not a fan of the last 2 bosses, sorry ZUN. The first time I legitimately hated a boss in Touhou. Otherwise I'm enjoying it. Still need to warm up to the difficulty though.

Formless God

For the single ring spellcard I'm pretty sure that the bullets used there are modified big round bullets whose hitbox is their entire sprite.
It's like ZUN really tried to make her as unlikable as possible.
I was quite liking
Spoiler:
the Extra stage
until she barged in and took a giant shit on the floor.
Ah so that's why the player I was watching just ran all the way to the corner
Yeah everything about her has to be intentional. I still smile every time I remember your bombing festival :ohdear:

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
Spoiler:
Too much 'pristine' and 'primordial' on Junko's spellcards, did she meet Raiko?

Spoiler:
Also Yukari appears on Marisa's ending, I wonder what does she have to say about all of this

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
Spoiler:
Too much 'pristine' and 'primordial' on Junko's spellcards, did she meet Raiko?
Spoiler:
I'm guessing that has to do with her status as a pure, divine spirit.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Wow the difficulty in the second half of the game feels all over the place, even on Lunatic. Haven't spent any time in Practice Mode yet, but I don't see myself getting hung up there for too long before I go for a Legacy 1cc, especially with all the resources you can get. Just need to learn which chapters are good for grazing and which are not.

Spoiler:
Hmm, yea, the names of Junko's spell cards make it kinda clear that their simplicity is on purpose.

I saw someone say that ZUN said (in the omake?) that another reason for their simplicity was so that people could enjoy purely dodging danmaku just for the sake of danmaku.
If that second line is true, I would counter that by saying
Spoiler:
is there even that much there to appreciate to begin with? There comes a point where an attack can be so simple that it's no longer engaging even from a gameplay perspective, and some of Junko's attacks definitely fall into that category. The only exceptions to this IMO are her first two spells and her fourth nonspell (although that last one is still easy, it actually still looks cool despite the simplicity).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Totalheartsboy

• The Hidden Truth
  • Dreams are your hidden futures.
Managed to do a 1cc Legacy on Easy mode with Sanae. Woohoo~
Spoiler:
Sadly looks like the good ending is only avaible on Normal difficult and above difficults.

In my opinion Stage 4 is quite tricky but if you know how to evade you won't lose lifes.
Kishin Sagume has a difficult non-spellcards specially in the third phase.

Stage 5 is literally lasers that will aim very fast.
Clownpiece has the hardest spells for a 5th Stage character she just won over Shou in hardest spellcards.

And finally while Junko forces you to micro-evade. I love her theme and her apperance, im dont understand yet why many are giving hate to her.

Also i made it past half the extra stage. Manage to pass all of Doremy spell cards. But lost against a fairy before the ex boss.

So I watched Jaimers's playthrough on YouTube. I think his description said it all, but wow, its balancing looks like a bad fangame's. Most of the cards don't look my type at all, I don't like how you beat them by learning their one-off gimmicks rather than using your dodging skills.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Also, I translated
Spoiler:
Junko's
name

Spoiler:
純 jun (pure)
狐 ko (fox)

Wow, such creativity

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Managed to do a 1cc Legacy on Easy mode with Sanae. Woohoo~
Spoiler:
Sadly looks like the good ending is only avaible on Normal difficult and above difficults.

Clownpiece has the hardest spells for a 5th Stage character she just won over Shou in hardest spellcards..
Spoiler:
There's actually just a Legacy Ending and a Pointdevice Ending. They're both good ends, but in Legacy ending you're in pretty bad shape despite winning, which makes sense considering most people's legacy wins will come through fifteen deaths and over thirty bombs.

Clownpiece's difficulty actually doesn't rise very much as you turn up the game setting; it's a weird effect where Easy and Normal are crazily hard, but she only gets a tiny bit harder on Hard and Lunatic. Still, for her, even a tiny bit is a difference... but ZUN, I think you've forgotten what easy and normal difficulty mean! XD

One thing that weirds me out is on the higher difficulties,
Spoiler:
there's still some spellcards that are strangely super easy, like Junko's one with all the different colored fireballs. Like, compared to everything else it's outright trivial. Maybe ZUN didn't think it's gimmick would be easy to tell? It's just "start at the middle", though...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 01:46:44 AM by Selery »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Nolegs the Cat

So how does LoLK hard/lunatic compare to UFO and SA?
In difficulty.

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
Welp, took me forever but finally beat normal mode of the game. I must say, I actually enjoyed it pretty damn much. The difficulty was so bloody hard at times but I enjoyed pretty much all the boss fights. Think the new cast of characters especially are impressive as well, nowhere near what I was expecting but I'm pleasantly surprised. And of course, the soundtrack lived up to the hype I had as well. I liked the added electronic feel to some of the tracks, my favorites were definitely the stage 4 and stage 6 themes. Speaking of which,
Spoiler:
both Junko's stage theme and her boss theme are some of the best tracks I've heard in the series, I am so damn impressed.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Spoiler:
Is Clownpiece  second-to-last spellcard even possible? Seriously, it's nuts.

Komeiji11

• The Gloomy Power of Love
From what I can tell
Spoiler:
in Marisa's ending Yukari tells her that Sagume is probably an Amanojaku and then Marisa explains the occult stone origin. Then she calls Yukari out by telling her she thought she was supposed to be protecting the boundary but... Then Yukari just says she was busy and I think takes the occult ball Marisa still had with her somehow, hmm... Remember to please take these translations with a grain of salt as I'm still learning...

And I think you have to do legacy for the no miss ending, either that or do perfectly on point device, but I'm pretty sure the game told me to do legacy for the no miss clear.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:02:35 AM by Komeiji11 »

Formless God

Spoiler:
Is Clownpiece  second-to-last spellcard even possible? Seriously, it's nuts.
Ha ha ha imagine if the lasers were curvy

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
Spoiler:
Actually, Junko's fireball card seems harder on Normal than Lunatic.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

And I think you have to do legacy for the no miss ending, either that or do perfectly on point device, but I'm pretty sure the game told me to do legacy for the no miss clear.
Spoiler:
From what I've read in 4chan, it seems each character has two endings. You get one of them by beating Legacy without getting hit, or more simply by just beating Pointdevice (no extra conditions, just beating Pointdevice). And the other one you get by playing Legacy and getting hit at least once. Apparently they are both good endings.