Author Topic: 东方夏夜祭 ~ Shining Shooting Star. (release)(ultra patch added)  (Read 74536 times)

Das

• w e w
Re: 东方夏夜祭 ~ Shining Shooting Star. (release)
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2016, 06:05:28 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPQIhAWwdSI&feature=youtu.be

Extra clear using Koishi.

First off, two things.

1 : Koishi is OP

2 : The extra bosses' spell cards are different based on character selection (First 6/7 spells idk the number)

Fun ass game 8/10 would play again

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2016, 06:12:00 AM »
After having comfortably 1cc'ed the game on Normal and Hard, this game is definitely worth the play. I haven't got around to Lunatic yet, but I was able to clear extra with Koishi and Sanae. I get the feeling that once I watch my replays, I'm going to be incredibly dazzled by the colors and patterns. All the songs sound good, but the stage 4 boss is what stuck with me. Once I start playing Lunatic, I'll probably have some other favorites.

Some things I noticed:
- If you pause the game as Reimu and focus, it will flip the ying-yang orb. Oddly enough, if you have Shinmyoumaru out and pause, pressing focus flips her in some direction. *Seija confirmed TLB.
- Also, Reimu has two bombs. Non-focused bomb uses needles, and the focused bomb is Reimu's giant ying-yang orb.
- Before the midboss in the Extra Stage starts her first spellcard, you can damage her for a noticeable amount while she's on screen doing nothing.
- The hexagon-shaped bullets from the Extra Stage (which reminded me of refractors from Megaman Legends) seem to have next to no hitbox. I swear I moved inside of it and moved out unscathed.

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2016, 06:13:25 AM »
Since bullet clears fill up your meter and certain fairies delete bullets when they die, it's possible to get the last words by timing your kills for when there are the most bullets on screen.

It's also really easy to get borders with Koishi. Since her bomb doesn't do any damage but clears the screen on activation, do the len'en trick. Bomb-bomb-suicide without shooting on super dense patterns, like the midboss non in stage 1, the final spell in stage 2, and really any spell in stage 3.

It's a bad idea in general since it eats up resources, but if you want to see the last words there you go :v It works for other players too, but it isn't as easy since their bombs might kill the boss before you have the chance to fill up your borders.

...I have to say, this game is like LoLK 2. It's incredibly fun to abuse resources in the first half. The last 2 bosses are kind of bad but that's 2 bosses out of 6. I've only got extra with Sanae, but her extra is soooooo muuuuuch fuuuuuun. Koishi's stage 4 survival is awesome too.

Also, can someone explain to me what's going on in Reimu's stage 4 survival? Is it really just knives?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:17:17 AM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2016, 06:21:58 AM »
Reimu's stage 4 survival seems to be based on Shinmyoumaru so yeah knives is basically all it is.

Bullet clears fill meter up, okay.

Last two bosses are actually nice though, Maybe the last boss has some stupid attacks (nonspells come to mind) but overall all of the bosses in this game are pretty doable.

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2016, 06:59:47 AM »
The 5th boss's nons are just too much for me. Her first spell is wtf too, though I've always had troible dodging that sort of thing (like Kanako's opening non). The 6th boss isn't so much hard as cheap. What with a guse flash opener, sudden super fast lasers in your face, red and orange waves are random then suddenly yellow's aimed at you. She's like another Clownpiece.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

AbdulGalaxia

• space binch
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2016, 10:59:19 AM »
Manged to blind 1ccd the game, gotta say when you reach stage 5, it gets ridiculous. (Especially Stage 6 boss ugh.) But overall it's a pretty good game.
I may do a better 1cc in the future~
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:02:14 AM by ReimuHakurei2 »

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2016, 11:35:23 AM »
The 5th boss's nons are just too much for me. Her first spell is wtf too, though I've always had troible dodging that sort of thing (like Kanako's opening non). The 6th boss isn't so much hard as cheap. What with a guse flash opener, sudden super fast lasers in your face, red and orange waves are random then suddenly yellow's aimed at you. She's like another Clownpiece.
5th boss' nons are all really easy to me? Purple is the hardest and that's mostly because the second part of it can fuck you over occasionally and sometimes the yinyang's bullets too. The fire is the only hard part of the first card, and that can be dodged to the side to make it a bit easier. Her second card is probably the only actual hard attack she has, and even then that is just circling the screen with minor dodging.
6th boss is kinda cheap yeah, but the rainbow star survival is really really easy once you know how to move each wave cos it's static(?) past the first three  (but those are easy to dodge esp if you know whats up). Her nons are for the most part ridiculous though (her purple star non is worse than her OP actually). I love her final card, and her final last spell though. Very good design imo. Her second last spell is really really weird though.

Attached a complete NMNB of stage 5 boss (including last spell) in case u wanted to check it out.

EDIT: actually, I think i've got the hang of the Guze Cannon opener, cos I've been aggressively trying to NMNB the final boss (very very possible for me at this point, outside of the second of the last spells) and I've capped the opener like at least 15 times in a row now. Idk how this happened.

EDIT EDIT: every single hecking time I make it to her last non with a NMNB I fricking die there, ugh. I've only capped it maybe two times, so I think it's the hardest non. Also I think at this point I've died more to her first card than her opener and that makes me mad.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:46:18 PM by ZoomyTsugumi »

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2016, 12:49:31 PM »

Did a first day lunatic 1cc of this game with Koishi, had 4/1 left at the end. Pretty easy game, I just made a few silly mistakes at the stage 6 boss, this could've had 5 lives left I guess, since I had two deaths against it but both were rather silly derps on stuff I've captured before.

First Day Lunatic 1cc with Koishi Replay I'll work on getting the run up on Youtube, will probably try out Extra later.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2016, 06:57:18 PM »
I tried using sizer, it didn't work.
Okay, I ran both Sizer and SSS in administrator mode, and Sizer works, but then everything is still unreadably blurry.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

AbdulGalaxia

• space binch
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2016, 08:16:09 PM »
Managed to get a better 1cc at this game on Normal, there was a point in stage 4 where i was surprised i didn't get hit. (Hitbox powers woo)
Stage 6's Boss first nonspell is still a HUGE hit to the face, it's too fast. (To me.)

Didn't try the other characters yet but i heard that Koishi is a little powerful in this game? I'm not too sure??

I  would like the name of the boss characters and their abilities (If they have one.), some of them are a favorite to me (Stage 1 boss, Stage 3's midboss and Stage 6 boss.)
Stage 4 and Stage 5 boss look like Yukari and Sanae respectively. I like Stage 4's mirror ability (It looks like it, i'm not too sure.)

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2016, 08:23:27 PM »
Koishi's wide spread destroys stages and her bomb is like Reisen's in LoLK. She's noticeably weaker than the others, though. Where Sanae can kill a pattern before it even starts, Koishi gets 2-3 extra waves. Sanae and Reimu are both just as good imo.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2016, 08:44:38 PM »
Did a blind extra stage clear of this stage, only did restart due to a derp at the start but that doesn't really matter.

Had 3/2 left too, thanks to the bomb that was active being given back at the end of Koishi's stages.

Replay

Pretty good run, even if it was blind.

I'll try to get this and my first day lunatic 1cc runs up on Youtube later too, might take a while though. I asked a friend to render the files for me as my pc is apparently incapable of doing so.

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2016, 09:13:36 PM »
Overall I'm pretty pleased with how this game turned out to be.  From the demo I admit I thought the OST to be a bit lacking, but the later stages definitely changed my mind.  I _loved_ everything about stage 4.  The boss battle is also tons of fun and I loved her design. 

Makes me wonder what's the plot behind the characters this time.

Spoiler:
Also, are the stage 2 and 5 bosses the same person?

I'll try to get this and my first day lunatic 1cc runs up on Youtube later too, might take a while though. I asked a friend to render the files for me as my pc is apparently incapable of doing so.

Sweet!  I can't wait to see how the whole game's danmaku in lunatic is like.  Also, the last words. 

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2016, 09:25:59 PM »
Boss practice mode starts you off with full borders, so you can easily see the Last Spells that way if you want.

I  would like the name of the boss characters and their abilities (If they have one.), some of them are a favorite to me (Stage 1 boss, Stage 3's midboss and Stage 6 boss.)
Stage 4 and Stage 5 boss look like Yukari and Sanae respectively. I like Stage 4's mirror ability (It looks like it, i'm not too sure.)

(please note that this is just me shoving the profiles into Google Translate and then looking up a sentence here or there to check specifics. i cannot read chinese so dooooon't quote me on any of this)

• S1 boss: Ami, a fairy with the ability to fight on summer nights. (i... think)
  • S2 boss: Rakuki Momosame, a human with the ability to use a bow and arrow. S5 boss's little sister.
  • S3 midboss: Koreirei, a fairy with the ability to manipulate fire.
  • S3 boss: Seiryuu Sya (Xi??), a youkai willow with the ability to manipulate the growth and maturation of trees.
  • S4 boss: Kage Mimeima, a tsukumogami with the ability to manipulate reflections.
  • S5 boss: Rakukun Momosame, a human with the ability to pray for the star god's descent and blessings.
  • S6 boss: Tensei Muriya, a star god (former human) with the ability to manifest any wish.
  • EX boss: Rika Kirigakure, a hermit with the ability to manipulate the four beauties of nature (wind, flowers, snow and moon).

The Momosame sisters are from a village that once worshiped Tensei. Ages ago, when the people of various villages lived in fear of youkai, her powers as a star god drove the youkai away and brought the villagers safety. Her faith gradually declined, partly because the decline of youkai meant her powers weren't needed, and partly because said powers worked by converting people's lifespans into wish energy. As such, she happily passed into Gensokyo.

By the present day, the only remaining village that worshiped Tensei was the Momosames'. Rakukun shouldered all the family tradition as the elder sister, while Rakuki was kept away from all of it and learned to hunt. They also found and adopted Kage (a mirror that became a tsukumogami while shut away in a wealthy collector's cabinet), who came to love them as family. Unfortunately, their village was destroyed in a landslide, leaving the three of them as the only survivors.

After passing into Gensokyo, the sisters came up with a plan to summon Tensei and have them grant their wish to revive all the victims of the landslide. (On the way in they also met Rika, who built the giant summoning altar for them.) What they didn't know, however, is that a wish of this scale would consume Rakukun's entire lifespan. (Since one of the endings shows
Spoiler:
Rakuki tearfully embracing an alive Rakukun ;A;
, though, I imagine Tensei refused to grant the wish.)

Also I did some Googling and this legend is straight-up Seiryuu's backstory (although in the Touhou version she revives later through faith). Some of the other characters' backstories-- Rika in particular-- seem like they're drawn from historical source material too? But I haven't found any good matches yet, so I dunno.

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2016, 10:13:32 PM »
Heeey, the plot's even more interesting than I expected.  Thanks for the translation!

That answers up pretty much every question I could think of the plot.  If anything I wonder what kind of place the stage 4 happens at, because the whole scenery looks much different from everywhere else in the game. 

AbdulGalaxia

• space binch
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2016, 10:49:38 PM »
If anything I wonder what kind of place the stage 4 happens at, because the whole scenery looks much different from everywhere else in the game.

Probably somewhere related to the character's ability, i think it's some kind of mirror? Not too sure.

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2016, 06:08:23 AM »
Cleared Sanae's Extra

Since the extra boss is essentially different for each character, it may be worth it to post runs of all the characters.

All in all, extra only took two tries. The only person I haven't cleared it with is Reimu, and that's because I didn't 1cc the game with her yet. When I used Marisa, I lost all my lives, but was somehow able to finish the extra stage by continuing right there on the spot.

Not as clean of a finish that I wanted, but we're barely getting off of Day 1 here with the release. Koishi makes the game too easy, so why not let another shrine maiden have a go at it?

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2016, 07:38:47 AM »
From what I played Marisa has the hardest Extra stage by _far_

Curiously, her stage 4 battle is also the most difficult in my opinion.

If I were to rank Extra's difficulty, I'd say Marisa > Reimu > Sanae > Koishi.

Not only Koishi's shield makes her extra much smoother, but most of the bosses' ice themed spellcards aren't so bad.

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2016, 07:52:04 AM »
Marisa's extra seems to have a lot of spellcards that you just won't get on your first go. Well...extra in general seems that way.

I still have to clear Lunatic with everyone, so I can't judge her stage 4 fight properly.

Though, on Marisa's survival card in stage 4, no matter where the pillar of light falls, Marisa gets free graze off of it. She's just breaking everything. :ohdear:

Edit - just tried Marisa's extra again. Marisa doesn't deserve that as an extra...her and Koishi should switch spellcards.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 08:09:47 AM by FleetingGaze »

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2016, 11:42:12 AM »
Marisa's stage 4 fight seems like something you'll understand the second time you try it, the big spark thing can be misdirected, the first surv is basically that too, I honestly got an 1MNB against that boss in practice due to the final survival, I should still learn where all gaps are as it is entirely static.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2016, 01:24:16 PM »
This game is beautiful.
I especially love how one stage's background after a boss fight transitions directly into the next and then changes as it progresses. In that regard, I also want to say that the stage backgrounds are absolutely well animated and really detailed at parts (namely stages 2 and 5). The music tracks have a distinct style from ZUN's, but they still sound pretty fitting for a shmup, and god I love the build ups and climax of pretty much all themes from stage 4 onwards.

However, it has a huge difficulty spike in stage 4 (could be only me though), although I think the stage 4 boss is a tad bit easier than the stage 3 boss, and the stage 5 boss is absolutely merciless. Almost had to use a continue to defeat the final boss on EASY mode. Holy moly.

Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2016, 03:02:47 PM »
So, there's a full game run on Youtube now (link) in case anyone wants to watch before trying it out.

Looks like an awesome game -- the music is great all the way through. Seiryuu's and Rika's themes are my favourites.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2016, 04:38:07 PM »
Did an NMNB of the fourth stage boss with Marisa, also got that up on Youtube now Stage 4 boss NMNB with Marisa

For those of you who're more fond with replays, since boss replays are actually possible, I have one here: Replay

Also lunatic 1cc should be up soon.

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »
Oh wow, you actually made Master Spark look easy.  I need to try her out again then.

By the way, what are your thoughts on her second spellcard on Marisa, too?  That was also another thing that was really tough for me.  All other characters' variations of the second spellcard are easy for me compared to Marisa's. 

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2016, 05:14:27 PM »
Oh wow, you actually made Master Spark look easy.  I need to try her out again then.

By the way, what are your thoughts on her second spellcard on Marisa, too?  That was also another thing that was really tough for me.  All other characters' variations of the second spellcard are easy for me compared to Marisa's.
Actually rather easy, taking a moment to stand in the position where all four of Marisa's focused lasers cross each other on the boss gets it done quickly, the dodging is not so hard. The danmaku is fast but I guess it was somewhat easy to estimate and dodge (I haven't ever failed it.) Kind of felt exhausting the first time I tried the second spellcard though, but in all honesty I feel like it is a pretty simple and barebones dodging card that simply is very bright to make sure you can't hold track of the danmaku. (Although it is nothing too bad, so being focused for a moment is not a too big problem.)

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2016, 06:08:38 PM »
Sorry for doubleposting but I've gotten my lunatic 1cc with Koishi up now, for anyone wondering what lunatic looks like you can see it in my lunatic 1cc video here I can definitely do this with Marisa and other shots too, but I'm not sure wether I'll upload gameplay of that, I'll upload Extra later I guess. I want to thank Pazzy for recording, rendering and uploading this for me.

Also did a normal mode scorerun because I wanted to see what scoring is like, I managed to get 3,045 billion right away, run was pretty good and only had a few minor mistakes. Pictures/Replay

There honestly is a problem with playerdata, at times it does not count your clear or it doesn't even show your score at all. For somereason it does not show my normal mode 3,045b score there. Replays speak more than that section, though.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 08:17:20 PM by Zigzagwolf »

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2016, 09:56:59 PM »
This game sadly doesn't run for me.

Either it crashes while loading when not using applocale, and when using applocale it crashes when reaching stage 1 Midboss(?).

Someone here knows how to fix this problem?

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2016, 10:00:00 PM »
This game sadly doesn't run for me.

Either it crashes while loading when not using applocale, and when using applocale it crashes when reaching stage 1 Midboss(?).

Someone here knows how to fix this problem?
You need LocaleSwitch, Applocale will not work, LocaleSwitch and the second language setting should make it run perfectly fine.

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2016, 10:53:06 PM »
Worked for me, thanks :3

Overall game seems pretty easy, was able to 1cc normal first attempt.
But the difficulty courve is pretty hard, it gets pretty fast/cheap on stage 5 and 6.

Extra is something completely different, seems a lot harder than your usual "ZUN"-Extra.
While the extra theme is one of the best themes I ever listened to, the stage and especially the boss are just bad... at least on the reimu route... I didn't like the extra.

But yea, the main game is pretty good :3 I like it and I will put more effort into the game and try to get a hard 1cc done.

On a side note: It's funny how extra allows you to continue. I think that's a first. Never saw that before neither on zuns games nor on other fangames.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2016, 01:35:27 AM »
Final boss' yellow lasers in her second card are apparently not static so I think it's safe to allow a green border break (which you should always reach on  that spell assuming you don't miss anything) for a perfect fight. Cos bringing it down to luck it's ridiculous when the rest of the fight is stupid hard to perfect anyway.

Speaking of which, I've perfected the fight all the way up to her galaxy card but I killed the run there ugh. I'm gonna be so mad if I get all the way to the survival and die there cos that is the easiest card she has.  Dying on her final normal card would be hell as well.
(also i'm not trying for a NMNB of her last spells too cos while that would be super nice and lovely her second last spell is stupid and the other two aren't worth the trouble to attempt it considering the first half of the battle exists)

EDIT: HI GUYS I NMNB'D THE FINAL BOSS EXCEPT HER LAST SPELLS FINALLY
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:43:27 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »