Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You - Translation (Decrypted .dat files)  (Read 130698 times)

Re: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You - Translation (Decrypted .dat files)
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 03:12:58 PM »
Okay, the first version of the menu patch is complete. As far as I know, it translates everything pertinent to gameplay that was actually changeable without access to the .exe. In other words, no spirit names. It also didn't get anything in data4.dat (names, mostly), but we're working on that now. To use it, backup your old data5.dat and replace it.

If you post the exe I can try my tools. I can't guarantee it'll work; the game is still gamemaker, right? That might complicate things. But it's worth a try. I'll also need a spirit name so I have something to search through the output for to see if it worked.

Okay, I got the exe. My tool didn't pick up anything of worth. I can't do any more than that automatically.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:20:32 AM by qazmlpok »

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2015, 03:10:57 AM »
Started playing through the game again to see how the menu patch works, and it seems to work pretty well. The massive truncation of pretty much every skill is a little jarring, but I guess that's an unfixable problem.

I'm finishing up the Kanako chapter and there are a couple things that are off:
http://puu.sh/hwSA2/ecf1c3df8b.jpg I'm guessing this is missing a newline

The Shimenawa/Sky God's Blessing description doesn't mention that it zeroes the MP cost of flight. I'm not sure if the JP description mentions this and I don't think it's a bug since iirc it functions the same way in Eternal. The cost of flight in general is pretty miniscule though so covering the focus cost in favor of it is understandable.

Looking forward to the full(est possible) translation, it's a shame about the .exe and Eternal's chances for translation.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:28:43 AM by Nook »

Alcoraiden

• Do not go gentle into that good night
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 03:22:59 AM »
Hey, we managed to get this one open. We might manage the others.

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2015, 08:11:16 AM »
Yeah there are minor errors all over. I think we've caught most of the menu typos (the Team/Solo BGM select was switched, the description of Shikigami went off the screen, Youmu's last spell had the wrong effect listed, etc) in this version, but without a bunch of people testing things out there's no way to find everything.

As for the part people actually care about, the story, translation of like 99% of the main plot (prologues, non-optional mission dialogue, postlogues) is complete. All we need now is people with the free time to actually paste the text into the game's dialogue files and format as needed. And I guess at some point we should do the rest of the boss convos, the battle dialogue, the other bonus conversations on 28R, and the chronicles but to be honest we'd like to move on to FMW3's plot. We might just pass what we have to someone else and let them do it? Eh, who knows. 

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2015, 07:00:28 PM »
Yes, as mentioned above - there is a problem with the length of the text is due to the fact that developers have cut a some window in the size of You, old versions-translate will now go beyond ... This problem can also be in Ei.

I think to change some variants?

Alcoraiden

• Do not go gentle into that good night
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2015, 01:53:23 AM »
Yeah there are minor errors all over. I think we've caught most of the menu typos (the Team/Solo BGM select was switched, the description of Shikigami went off the screen, Youmu's last spell had the wrong effect listed, etc) in this version, but without a bunch of people testing things out there's no way to find everything.

As for the part people actually care about, the story, translation of like 99% of the main plot (prologues, non-optional mission dialogue, postlogues) is complete. All we need now is people with the free time to actually paste the text into the game's dialogue files and format as needed. And I guess at some point we should do the rest of the boss convos, the battle dialogue, the other bonus conversations on 28R, and the chronicles but to be honest we'd like to move on to FMW3's plot. We might just pass what we have to someone else and let them do it? Eh, who knows.

It'd be nice to see it completed, just so no one has to go back and clean up the last bit.

Totalheartsboy

• The Hidden Truth
  • Dreams are your hidden futures.
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »
Its great to see that after months this project is back again :D and you guys have made an incredible job with the translation.
But you still need for someone to test if everything is right?

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2015, 09:28:45 AM »
Also available if you need an editor/proofreader/tester/guinea pig :D

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2015, 10:53:39 PM »
When we say it's 99% translated, we mean we have the translation sitting in a text document. Inserting that text into the actual game files is where the project is stalling right now, so there isn't much to test.

If you want to help though, we could definitely use people willing to copy-paste a lot. No experience with Japanese or programming is necessary. Obviously you can also proofread while doing that.

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2015, 06:30:41 AM »
Well, I could copy-paste, as long as you have pointers on what to copy-paste where that is. XD

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2015, 07:01:46 AM »
Join #touhou on synIRC and jump in then. We've got like, one person working on this at the moment.

Totalheartsboy

• The Hidden Truth
  • Dreams are your hidden futures.
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2015, 06:02:01 PM »
Well if you guys want i could help in this. Just i only need to know what to do and test it. If it's okay for you of course...

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2015, 04:22:32 PM »
hey remember us

We finally finished pasting in most of the translated dialogue and have started editing. Since it's been forever since the last release, I figured I might as well post what we've got. So here.

Like I said it's not edited yet, so don't be surprised if some dialogue goes outside their text boxes.

Still to do: Tutorial dialogue, remaining Boss Convos, alternate Dialogue Branches (is there seriously anyone who doesn't pick Alice in 29M), Bonus Convos.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:30:54 PM by BlitzBlast »

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2015, 04:38:21 AM »
hey remember us

nah I've only been checking here and on SA every day

Great news, looking forward to the edited patch.

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2015, 08:02:26 PM »
Looks awesome! I've been checking once a week or so to see how this is going. I downloaded it just to see - just wondering, is the battle dialogue impossible to translate (Stuck in a different data file?)

Still, definitely going to play it when the final version is out. I've been trying to not read your LP so that I can follow this.

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2015, 04:30:22 AM »
It's not impossible but changing data file with the battle dialog at all causes the game to crash in at least one place, for some reason. Also, we're just not really close to finishing that yet.

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2015, 11:57:29 AM »
Just a couple of small problems I've been having with the new patch; it seems to be causing issues on Chapter 33 (At the very least on Reimu's route, though I'd assume it's the same for both).  Specifically an inability to initially access the stage from the prep screen, and crashing when Yuyuko starts a spellcard (Or, at the very least her first one Only occurred for the first).

Removing the data5 and replacing it with the original does fix this, but it is only a temporary measure. Dunno if you can do anything about this, but thought I should give a heads up.

Regardless, it does work well! Thanks for all the work you've put into this, and hope the rest goes well!

Edit: It also appears to occur after Yuyuko's final spellcard has been broken (Not Saigyou Ayakashi's Resurrection Butterfly, the spell prior to that).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 01:37:44 PM by Riku Lucifen »

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2015, 04:13:21 PM »
It took a while, but we finished editing the script. Here's the new translation patch.

At this point, all of the main story except some of the events in the first half of the game has been translated. More specifically, the patch only covers the most optimal Nitori situation (carried over FMW E data where you persuaded Alice in 2M, persuaded Nitori with both Marisa and Alice, and captured Kappa's Pororoca) and the "I did what the game told me to do" chapter 21 route (defeat Momiji before Aya). There's still a lot of untranslated boss conversations too, but that's why this is just v0.9 instead of full on v1.0.

More happily, all of the latter half has been translated, boss conversations and branching story paths included. You can thank Clarste for that. Chapter 33 should work now too.

There's also been a lot of little adjustments to the translation. Stuff like Berserk becoming Prevail (FMW P actually changed that), Instinct Dodge being shortened to Instinct, and in what is perhaps the most nitpicky edit of all time, the Rat Tail is now the Mouse Tail because I went through the entire script standardizing Nazrin as a mouse solely because that's what the wiki says she is.

yes, i know that "nezumi" can refer to either a mouse or a rat, i just wanted to be consistent okay

and i didn't change rat bite or cornered rat because, uh, she's a mouse acting like a rat or something I DUNNO

I can't entirely promise that all of the boss convos will fit in their dialogue boxes, and testing all of that is kind of an exercise in frustration. So comment if you see any breaking their windows.

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2015, 03:58:00 AM »
Cool.

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2015, 11:20:32 AM »
A small note in my recent playing of the game(read: just finished Scarlet and moved onto here), I've replaced the data5.dat with the patch(most recent one at that)annnnd I've come across a not so insignificant issue: opening the spirit command menu locks the game.  Not in a horrible screechy death noise kind of lock, but I literally cannot move the cursor, nor exit the spirit command menu.  I'm wondering if some pointer is off regarding opening the Spirit Command menu?

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2015, 07:59:59 PM »
A small note in my recent playing of the game(read: just finished Scarlet and moved onto here), I've replaced the data5.dat with the patch(most recent one at that)annnnd I've come across a not so insignificant issue: opening the spirit command menu locks the game.  Not in a horrible screechy death noise kind of lock, but I literally cannot move the cursor, nor exit the spirit command menu.  I'm wondering if some pointer is off regarding opening the Spirit Command menu?

Which character are you opening the menu with? We used to have a bug with Reimu, and it's possible it got rolled back somehow. Somehow.

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2015, 10:05:12 PM »
That's weird, we only got that issue when we tried translating the Spirit names. I had a few other people check and they didn't report any problems, so I'm not really sure what's happening on your end.

Uhhhh maybe you're not using the latest version of FMW P? You should be using v1.0.8. You can find the version patches here if that actually is the problem: http://ux.getuploader.com/sanbondo/

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2015, 11:50:02 PM »
You know the fact that I didn't realize 1.08 was the most recent version would help.  Yeah it was Reimu so that's the issue.  Much obliged and sorry for any undue confusion!

Small edit: Since I seem to be incredibly incompetent and bad at this whole thing, how in the world do I get the updater to work?  I keep getting the message "Unable to open UDM file" when I try to open the file.  Is there something that's not pointed correctly on my computer in that regard?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:06:49 AM by Ssbmfreak36 »

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2015, 12:43:53 AM »
Nice work on the translation, it's good to see it coming along well. My apologies for not posting in a while, I've been meaning to do so but I've always been busy or have forgotten.
Anyway, I found out recently that the problem with translated spirit names freezing the menu was a result of the unit data files storing them with their specific names, instead of using identifiers. The game will accept the translated strings once every data_unit_*.txt file in data4.dat has been modified to reflect the changes in Data_Spirits.txt.

An example:

Result:

The same unit files also contain unit names and attacks, though I haven't tested either myself. The readme did mention that you all had discovered the latter, so this may or may not be new information, but to address some of the stuff that was mentioned as "missing":

• The opening scroll can be found in data1.dat.
  • Chapter and location cards are located in data9.dat.
  • Unless I'm missing something, Data_Spells.txt in data5.dat contains the spellcard names.

One last thing, the issue with translated terrain is marked as plain is because the map data in data10.dat stores the tile type by name, similar to how spirit names are. I'm currently halfway through writing a program for translating those files, so hopefully I'll be able to post that soon.

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2015, 01:04:20 AM »
Oh huh, my crazy idea to fix spirits actually would have worked.

Also the spellcard names are in data5, but they don't appear to be linked to the names that actually appear in the chapters (or at least when I had someone test it they said it didn't work). I think they're just for the glossary?

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2015, 05:08:06 PM »
Oh huh, my crazy idea to fix spirits actually would have worked.

Also the spellcard names are in data5, but they don't appear to be linked to the names that actually appear in the chapters (or at least when I had someone test it they said it didn't work). I think they're just for the glossary?

Hmm, I figured that would be the case. I went ahead and did some poking around, it turns out that the spellcard names are actually located in the data_bullet_*_en.txt files, inside data4.dat.

Result:

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2015, 09:34:27 PM »
Glad to see this project is still alive.  I thoroughly enjoyed the first game and am trying my darndest to get all the update stuff working(figured out that I just needed to change the main folder to something all english to make the UDM files work), yet I've run into one problem that no amount of Google searching seems to be able to fix.  When Blitz linked the getuploader stuff with all the patches, it was missing 1.04 which means I can't actually fully update to 1.08.  Someone may wish to remedy this if they have that file so that everyone who came on late(much like myself), can enjoy your incredible efforts to make this all happen.

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2015, 06:35:06 PM »
Small edit: Since I seem to be incredibly incompetent and bad at this whole thing, how in the world do I get the updater to work?  I keep getting the message "Unable to open UDM file" when I try to open the file.  Is there something that's not pointed correctly on my computer in that regard?

I think this might happen because you have installed the modified data5.dat
If you have a backup, of the original data5.dat, try to put it in the data folder, then, the updater should effectively work.
If I am not wrong, all you have to do is to specify the directory of your game and let the updater do his work.

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2015, 03:56:48 AM »
First off, bug report! There's an extra space right before an event trigger in Chapter 25M's script. This causes the game to completely freak out and play every single conversation one event early. You still have all the text so I don't really feel like it's worth releasing a separate version just to fix though, so wait for the final version.

Second, in light of people's difficulties getting the version to work, I uploaded all of the necessary data files. It's a pretty big download though, so I would honestly still recommend just using the updater if you can.

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2015, 12:57:40 AM »
An issue that I've seen people mention and claim to be fixed still shows up for me, strangely enough.  Whenever I go into ANYONE'S Spirit Command menu(And this is in the first chapter btw), the game soft locks.  No unholy screeching sound just the fact that my cursor is stuck and no key works.  I've even tried to use the soft reset stuff but to no avail.   I've updated to 1.08, done all the data5 stuff, so that's not the issue.  Thoughts?