Author Topic: 東方桃源宮 ~ Riverbed Soul Saver Phantasm Stage + 東方白塵記 ~ White Names Spoiled Past EX  (Read 43812 times)

Maple

• Mukyuu!
I meant the one marked 4 on the practice page. Did you try it with ReimuA?

Now i tried with ReimuA (homing amulet), Again, some lag in the first part of first try, but captured it in the 3rd attempt. Maybe, just maybe it's your computer. Seeing your signature, you tell about how
Spoiler:
crap
tastic your computer is when playing RMI and PIB. PIB lags a lot for everyone due to messy code, but RMI works perfectly for me.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Now i tried with ReimuA (homing amulet), Again, some lag in the first part of first try, but captured it in the 3rd attempt. Maybe, just maybe it's your computer. Seeing your signature, you tell about how
Spoiler:
crap
tastic your computer is when playing RMI and PIB. PIB lags a lot for everyone due to messy code, but RMI works perfectly for me.

Yep, I found out that the backgrounds in RMI was the culprit. Unfortunately, to play without them you need to launch the game in 256 colors.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Okay, so on a translation note for the song titles added with the Phantasm patch, for anyone that wants to correct me:

生命無キ涜神ノ亡都 translates to something like "Dead Capital of Lifeless Blasphemy" or something to that extent.

インヤンシーサーペント translates more literally to "Yin-Yang Sea Serpent".

EDIT: Or someone already threw stuff on the wiki. Nevermind me then!
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆

draganuv15

Also I just noticed that the actual sprite they use for fighting Ruri is just her Stage 3 one but the right side up.

Also beating the Phantasm with Reimu C is harder than I thought.
Spoiler:
The way the stage is laid out makes it kind of difficult to reliably collect everything, even when you're in Hyper Mode. While I could fight the Extra boss with a full 9 lives I think I could only conceivably fight the Phantasm boss with 6 or 7

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
Also I just noticed that the actual sprite they use for fighting Ruri is just her Stage 3 one but the right side up.
Yep. Didn't even bother to change the pupil colour. Tsk.

Beat Extra by an hair's breadth. Phantasm, though... I don't remember PCB Phantasm being this hard. Two tries took me to the third spell, but I suspect further improvements will come hard.

Also what are you talking about peeps the music is the best thing. Especially the boss theme, like it far better than Yato's.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Also what are you talking about peeps the music is the best thing. Especially the boss theme, like it far better than Yato's.
Yato's theme was disappointingly short.  Honestly the only BGM I really unhesitatingly like in this game is the Extra stage theme, which is kind of sad considering like half of MPP's soundtrack.  The Phantasm boss's theme is growing on me after Spell Practice though.

Spoiler:
I managed to get to the Phantasm boss's 10th spell card, which thankfully bears no resemblance to Border of Life and Death (but makes me wonder if ido has been playing Copy Kitty).  The nonspells get a lot easier once you realize you can destroy the familiars, but the difficulty ratchets up five notches starting with the eighth nonspell.  The eighth spell is really crazy, I simply don't know how to do the ninth spell (which isn't static), and while the tenth spell is easier than all of these it's still very easy to get hit on the second half.

Just peeking into the code I do know that the final spell is also a survival card and also isn't static.

The mechanic behind the ninth spell is that the boxes that the thorns pass through close in on themselves.  The issue is that I think every other set of thorns is aimed at you.  Also, every ten seconds the thorns explode, which really isn't helpful given the butterflies zooming around.

Also, the eighth spell has a timeout phase when 12 seconds remain.

Also while I'm looking through the files, Kiyohime's sprite actually draws the pentagram, which is kind of cool.

----

Three hours of experimentation later, I figured out how the ninth spell is done.  Capturing this without spending so much time on a route seems pretty unlikely tbh.

----

Spoiler:
After completing Phantasm (admittedly with a hyper)... um... there's a thing.  It's indeed quite a thing.  It's a thing where spell cards don't unlock after playing them for some reason.  But I got to the beginning of Stage 5 with ReimuB.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 07:55:49 PM by ?q »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
A doublepost, so sorry, but there were two patches released to the game.
One fixes the spell card counter for Overdrive, which notably lets you practice the spells.
The other is a bug fix for the LIBERATION mechanic, which someone who uses hypers can talk about more than me.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.

This is the difference between the files for lib_evolution.dnh. I think it's fixing a bug regarding different sizes of point items, based on the google Translate? Not sure.

Edit: ...What's with the google thing. ._.;

Second Edit: So try number two on Phantasm got me to the survival this round.
Spoiler:
Hahaha oh god why is this a thing why is it a thing.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:53:44 AM by Validon98 »

MY GAME CRASHED WHEN I CLEARED TARUMI'S SPELLCARD! TWICE!

I love bombing up spellcards, but I hate explosive games.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Holy. Fucking. Shit. Overdrive mode is amaaaaazing.  :*

Like they were going for a Cave style mode in Mystical Power Plant before but I think they nailed it pretty good this time.
Stage and boss design are quite amazing and the constant hyper mechanic reminds me a lot of Crimzon Clover Boost. All of the masses of extra enemies to balance it also makes it incredibly fun.

Cleared it after a few attempts with MarisaA. I went into stage 5 blind and lost pretty much all of my resources there because that stage is quite insane. This meant I had to take on the final boss blind on my last life which was pretty hype.
Is it just me or is stage 3 from the normal game missing in Overdrive though? Also you can't seem to practice the stages and there are a bunch of Overdrive spells in spell practice that are still locked?
The difficult select also mentions something about switching shottypes by pressing userkey 1 but I haven't' figured out how that works yet.

Oh yeah there's also a Phantasm stage in there somewhere. I liked that it was actually difficult, I actually had to put in some effort to beat it!  And I do think that it's designed a lot better than Extra. Although that 70 seconds of memogarbage of a survival spell can just fuck right off.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
How do you access Overdrive mode? *is interested*

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
How do you access Overdrive mode? *is interested*

I'm pretty sure that it's unlocked the same way that MPP's Ura was unlocked.

Complete the Phantasm Stage.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Ohhh. I think before I do that I'm going to unlock Phantasm for ReimuB or another front-focus type first, then give it another shot.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
Is it just me or is stage 3 from the normal game missing in Overdrive though? Also you can't seem to practice the stages and there are a bunch of Overdrive spells in spell practice that are still locked?

I think Stage 3 is missing since the obvious '5-stage CAVE shmup' formula was meant to be invoked by ido and the dev team.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
I think Stage 3 is missing since the obvious '5-stage CAVE shmup' formula was meant to be invoked by ido and the dev team.

Yeah but usually stage 5 is a super-long stage followed by the final boss and then the TLB. There is not even a stage in the last stage here.  :V

I should mention that Overdrive is unlocked for all shottypes so you only have to beat Phantasm once.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
And third attempt of Phantasm, this time with ReimuC, tanked on the survival again. That survival is just... no, no, I can't stand it. It's really confusing and I have no idea how to get past it without essentially running around like a maniac and deathbombing when I get hit.

Somewhere in my replay, though, in one of the nonspells, Reimu essentially enters "bullets, what bullets, fuck that I'm Reimu" mode and somehow doesn't get hit. It's the only reason I kept this replay. :V

http://puu.sh/fo50l/3ea62887f8.dat

EDIT: Specifically the nonspell where she summons the red shikigami that fire lasers off at you, although the spellcard where she summons the stars around you could count too. :V

SECOND EDIT: How did I do this?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:30:41 PM by Validon98 »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Like they were going for a Cave style mode in Mystical Power Plant before but I think they nailed it pretty good this time.
Stage and boss design are quite amazing and the constant hyper mechanic reminds me a lot of Crimzon Clover Boost. All of the masses of extra enemies to balance it also makes it incredibly fun.
The thing I noticed is that usually in games with these kinds of bosses, you wait for a certain pattern to get a really good bullet clear - but in this game there's no incentive to do that; you just want to power through spell cards as quickly as possible.

Stage 3 does not exist.  I mean come on they didn't bother to update Ruri's sprite for Phantasm :V

There are several Overdrive spells that are unused at this time.  Given that the devs threw out two patches yesterday I think it's safe to say that another update is forthcoming.

Kiyohime's survival spell is every bit as awful as everyone's saying it is.  If you memorize the first two waves (bottom left corner until the red familiars re-aim, top left corner until the orange familiars re-aim) that's may get you far enough in that you won't have to bomb too too much?  I have a video showing a route for the whole thing but I don't even expect myself to remember all that fourteen minutes into a run.  Also, though this probably doesn't need to be said, don't use hypers.

but why do they put "03_C_OverDrive.dnh" in the script?

edit:
he dodged until time out , so the game crashed.
 :wat:what a bug.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:54:09 AM by rsy_type1 »

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Loving the look of WNSP extra and RSS Phantasm!

RSS Overdrive, on the other hand?

EDIT: Never mind. Maybe I shouldn't watch a FutoC video before judging, it made everything look like impossible walls... I'll go watch it played with a more main-stream shot-type, then post my judgement here.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 12:49:24 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
So... It's been awhile.
But anyways aside from my VERY long absence I think I'd like to mention a thing some people might not know since the game is still Japanese, that patch might take awhile and probably few people checked the Wiki for a translation.

So that little message below the Overdrive difficulty mentions that you can change a few shot types by pressing User Key 1 (defaulted to C). Basically the shot types that are affected by this are Marisa C and all of Futo's shot types which means you don't need to be shot gunning all the way or expecting to bomb a huge danmaku wall.

Even got a video about it here.

Also it probably should be noted that even with Overdrive having more spell cards listed than what's available, the image file for the Spell Practice menu also shows an option called Overflow among a 15th spell card  listing.

I kinda have a theory that there isn't going to be a new ido game for this year and it's all basically going to be refinements and additions to Riverbed Soul Saver for the rest of this year. We might get something from NRT and the same people who made WNSP this year but I think for now ido is buckling down with Len to try and fill the game up with as much intended content as possible (might even involve Last Word spell cards if the difficulty tags indicate anything).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:02:54 AM by Gray21oh »

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
So while I've barely touched Riverbed I have question for WNSP. Second boss third spell: Prime Sign "Prime Number Financial Crisis" on Lunatic. Is there an easier way to go about this spell? It took me like 30~ runs in spell practice before I finally captured it because I didn't actually realize it was COMPLETELY static depending on how it is aimed (slowpoke.jpg).

I end up huddling pretty close below her and dodging in this tiny square that forms between bullets exactly inbetween where two of the red orbs went past and then move inbetween the middle of where they were aimed next and use that small square between bullets. Is there any (other) safer spots? Though I have this spot down pretty well as long as I pay real close attention. My spot is only reliable at close range though, long range is too hard to re-position before the next wave. (Spell went from like 0/30 to 8/41, I'd say this is working)

Though her first spell gives me crap too. I cannot track the directions of all of the star walls that form and bend.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 05:24:58 AM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

So while I've barely touched Riverbed I have question for WNSP. Second boss third spell: Prime Sign "Prime Number Financial Crisis" on Lunatic. Is there an easier way to go about this spell? It took me like 30~ runs in spell practice before I finally captured it because I didn't actually realize it was COMPLETELY static depending on how it is aimed (slowpoke.jpg).

I end up huddling pretty close below her and dodging in this tiny square that forms between bullets exactly inbetween where two of the red orbs went past and then move inbetween the middle of where they were aimed next and use that small square between bullets. Is there any (other) safer spots? Though I have this spot down pretty well as long as I pay real close attention. My spot is only reliable at close range though, long range is too hard to re-position before the next wave. (Spell went from like 0/30 to 8/41, I'd say this is working)

Though her first spell gives me crap too. I cannot track the directions of all of the star walls that form and bend.

It's exactly as you say- completely static. It's also completely symmetrical, so all you really have to do is find a safe spot you like (there are tons in the card) and do your best to get there every time. On Lunatic, though, you probably want to find a couple safe spots and go to whichever one is easiest to access atm. I recommend practicing it on hard a LOT before practicing it on Lunatic.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
It's as you said, an aimed pattern.  Figuring out how to stay in the safe spot as Uka moves and rotates the pattern takes a little practice, but this approach is the best one I've found.

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
It's as you said, an aimed pattern.  Figuring out how to stay in the safe spot as Uka moves and rotates the pattern takes a little practice, but this approach is the best one I've found.

That's actually what I'm doing now. I'm surprised I found that on my own considering when I first tried it on Lunatic I was being destroyed on the first wave a lot. I can't accurately track openings down further because of the many angles the bullets come at.

Guess it was more of a confirmation of "Are other people doing this so I'm not doing it a potentially hard way?"

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Hmmm. At first I was a little disapointed that the Phantasm boss wasn't more Lovecraftian, but now that I've seen her spell cards it looks like she might be an avatar of (or otherwise related to) Nyarlothotep. I'm really curious to see her dialogs translated now...

After I beat RSS phantasm, I didn't see the button "save replay", you have the same problem? After unsuccessful phantasm runs replays successfully saves, after extra beating - too.
Easy: PoDD, FW, LoLK
Normal: SoEW, UFO, HSiFS
Hard: LLS, MS, EoSD, PoFW, MoF, SA, TD, DDC
Lunatic: PCB, IN
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, HSiFS; Phantasm

Maple

• Mukyuu!
February 26th: They have updated their blog with...moonrunes.

Says something about extra and phantasm overdrives. No download links, just a preview. Since the screenshots show 0 score/lives/bombs and the BGM name on the bottom, it must be like MPP again, selectable only from spell practice.

Also, sorry for coming 3 years late, but they have a game called 東方偽神霊廟 ~ Heaven Desires. Game proper and BGM are two different downloads. Requires being installed in Danmakufu 0.12m as The Last Comer. It's a substitute for Ten Desires stages 4 to 6 + extra stage. Players are raymoo and maris [sic, you'll see why when you see the character portraits. they get better]. Plays similar to TD (you have been warned).

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
For some reason, the 1.02 game consistently freezes up just before Momohime shows up (1.00 also does that about once in a hundred, but I've played through 1.02 three times and they ALL freezes on that spot) on my computer. Is there some way to fix it?