Author Topic: 東方桃源宮 ~ Riverbed Soul Saver Phantasm Stage + 東方白塵記 ~ White Names Spoiled Past EX  (Read 43813 times)

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
I noticed there's something new on their site... and a rainy theme...? Perhaps their next one will have something to do with a rainy season case...?

I, honestly, don't think you should get your hopes up; this game is apparently not like what the ido group has usually done. Besides, normally the cover would show up at least a month before the full game came out if there was a demo and such, and not be revealed immediatley.

I'm surprised that ido and Wanwan have mended their working relationship back together, as well.

e:Also interesting to note is that this site is apparently one of Maceknight's creation/relation, and he collaborated with Gore to make Re:Phantasmagoria of Imagine Breaker. Hm...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:54:24 PM by Soichiro W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Looking at it via Google Translate, it seems to be another project similar to Treasure Castle Labyrinth and Heavenly Gathering of Clouds. In other words, it's essentially the full Touhou package (music, scenario, characters), but without the actual gameplay aspect of it (which is kind of depressing, I'd like to see another actual game by ido :V), although instead of it being a collaborative music collection, ido and Wanwan are going to be the composers and that's about it (others are doing the scenario and characters despite it not being an actual game, more like the framework of one). Which reminds me, I actually did look a bit into Treasure Castle Labyrinth, and not only was the music pretty decent, the bits and pieces I was able to gather from the scripts are pretty interesting too (I kind of wish they were fully translated, but it seems no one wants to).

As for the name of the project, it's called 東方魔宝城 ~ Book of Star Mythology (Touhou Mahoujou ~ Book of Star Mythology, or Eastern Magic Treasure Castle ~ Book of Star Mythology). For some reason, the silhouette on the cover looks like Angra Menog from Devil of Decline, sort of.

EDIT: ...Or I misread the translation, the part I thought that said "this isn't a game" just means something like "we're only doing the music, we have nothing to do with the danmaku." So this IS going to be a game as far as I can tell. Ho boy, this is something to look forward to, even if it's just because I enjoy Wanwan's music. :V

Second Edit: Also, this game's apparently getting released at the next Autumn Reitaisai, so that should be roughly November-ish (I don't know when this year's is, I looked it up and I saw November was when last year's was, so about then).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 06:39:13 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Translation of the blog post:
We have accepted a request from the circle "Mace's Secret Base", and will be participating in the production of the Touhou-style BGM collab project, "Touhou Mahoujou ~ Book of Star Mythology".

This is only a music project; there will be no actual danmaku.
The full version is planned for release at Autumn Reitaisai.

Contributing members
Scenario & text: Oyasu Miruka
Character design: Gagawa Ichi
Character art: ANMITA
Music (1 track each): ido / Wanwan

So it is in fact a collaborative music CD. Maceknight is the one in charge of the whole project, which has no relation to Heavenly Gathering of Clouds (despite following its general style). Miruka was the scenario writer for TLC, MPP and RSS, and Gagawa Ichi was the character designer for said games.

Here's the announcement video on Niconico: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26574655. I'm really looking forward to it!

edit: And here's my translation of the video text: http://pastebin.com/Jcxh5uBH why was the paste removed. give me a second
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:57:42 AM by gilde »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
...Damn. Well, I guess it is something to look forward to, but I kind of wish that when it comes out, the text for it can be translated (same for Treasure Castle Labyrinth and Heavenly Gathering of Clouds, I'm interested in the text they have even if there's no game attached to them).

...Damn. Well, I guess it is something to look forward to, but I kind of wish that when it comes out, the text for it can be translated (same for Treasure Castle Labyrinth and Heavenly Gathering of Clouds, I'm interested in the text they have even if there's no game attached to them).

Oh, I can translate it when it comes out no problem! I love this sort of thing. I can also do HGoC and TCL for anyone who's interested (though I guess that'd be a topic for another thread).

Video translation attempt two: http://pastebin.com/LJiLWJbQ (here's hoping it doesn't vanish this time)

Thanks for the translation. Seems to be a kind of supergroup effort for Touhou fan music, which is (*?ω`*) as heck.
check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Apparently, something is going on.

I'm not sure whether this is real or a prank, but I'm pretty giddy over all this.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

This isn't actually an ido game. It started out as a collaboration music CD (like Heavenly Gathering of Clouds). Ido and Wanwan each composed one song for the CD. But the game itself is made by someone else (Mace's Secret Base). Essentially, it's a game made by an entirely different group. It may or may not be good to make a new topic for this.

But that's kind of irrelevant. I'm excited to see a new game in production! And it seems like they already have a good bit done.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Huh, so they're going to actually make a game based off the music when originally it was just going to be a music collab? Huuuh. That's... kind of awesome. I just hope that the game itself is a little better than Mace's last production. I mean, Re: Phantasmagoria of Imagine Breaker was kinda okay, but who knows, we'll just have to wait and see.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
Huh, so they're going to actually make a game based off the music when originally it was just going to be a music collab? Huuuh. That's... kind of awesome. I just hope that the game itself is a little better than Mace's last production. I mean, Re: Phantasmagoria of Imagine Breaker was kinda okay, but who knows, we'll just have to wait and see.

PoIB was abysmal.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

I could be wrong, but I don't think these are the same people as PoIB.

That was Maceknight, whereas this is Mace's Secret Base. According to their website, this group has never made a game before. Plus they're borrowing ido's engine (like WNSP did) which would be kind of silly if they already had the PoIB engine.

But they do have similar names, so like I said I could be wrong.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X

Mace didn't make PoIB, he did the music for majority of the ost. Gore was the creator of the game and also the one who did the art. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think these are the same people as PoIB.

That was Maceknight, whereas this is Mace's Secret Base. According to their website, this group has never made a game before. Plus they're borrowing ido's engine (like WNSP did) which would be kind of silly if they already had the PoIB engine.

But they do have similar names, so like I said I could be wrong.

Mace's Secret Base is the name of Maceknight's website lol
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:34:26 PM by Sage Ω (Ultima) »

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
Book of Star Mythology has since been confirmed to be an actual game now, it has screenshots and everything;

https://twitter.com/maceknight/status/645584078364762112

http://osayou.net/tokusetu/mahojo/wip/

http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2015/09/post-03e1.html

If this means another thread, then that's fine by me; I just wanted to let everybody know.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
Book of Star Mythology has since been confirmed to be an actual game now, it has screenshots and everything;

https://twitter.com/maceknight/status/645584078364762112

http://osayou.net/tokusetu/mahojo/wip/

http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2015/09/post-03e1.html

If this means another thread, then that's fine by me; I just wanted to let everybody know.

We already knew since nine days ago. Thanks for the third link, though.

From ido's post it seems that the programmer is raichu.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
We already knew since nine days ago.

Nobody posted about it here, though (as far as I can tell), but I guess this is just for the ones that didn't know already  :V
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
Nobody posted about it here, though (as far as I can tell), but I guess this is just for the ones that didn't know already  :V

I already posted a link.

I'm not sure whether this is real or a prank, but I'm pretty giddy over all this.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
So the guy who did Youkai Kori Kassen is working on this, huh? Good to hear that, although now I'm certain the danmaku's going to be a little on the harder end of things.

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Triforce symbol for hard?
I want to see Easy/Lunatic.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Triforce symbol for hard?
I want to see Easy/Lunatic.

If you look, Normal also has a Triforce symbol in one of them. I think it's to differentiate mode types. The Triforce symbol seems to signify some sort of Pointdevice-like mode, while the yin-yang seems to signify some sort of Legacy-like mode.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
I already posted a link.

Oh, okay, damn. Apologies for my attention span. But atleast discussion re-ignited here?
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
Ooh if the ANMITA I'm thinking of is the same person who's doing the character art in this game, then I'm pretty hyped for the whole thing.

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
Judging by the visuals on the screenshots, I'm sure my computer is going to die
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
I am always getting happy of this author's work. It is extreme high quality and compared to earlier work, this is again a next level. Seems like they are doing it LoLK style with the chapters and such.

Edit:
Imo it deserves its own thread.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Random aside, looks like The Last Comer got a patch out of the blue, from a basic run of the Japanese through JParser, it's something about fixing the music.

EDIT: Looking at the contents of the patch itself, seems like they changed the way it works so it no longer has to rely on having two different files per track (before it had a "opening" and "loop" part of each track), instead only needing one file. I don't think it'll affect the English patch for the game, so it should be fine to just install alongside it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:02:26 AM by Validon98 »