Author Topic: Spectral Nexus' Scripts  (Read 10636 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Spectral Nexus' Scripts
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2013, 10:55:25 PM »
Really? That's weird, I haven't changed anything but the sound effects and a few images, as well as replacing a nonspell and spellcard. I don't know what's causing that...
By the way, I'm using the GetPreviousScriptDirectory function you suggested, which is pretty similar to GetCurrentScriptDirectory, so I don't that'd cause any problems.
It's also apparently working fine for Darkness1 as well... weird.

Yeah. I don't know if it has to do with the duplicated lib folders, but...

I've given feedback to the creators on so many of these scripts that I'm too tired to do this kind of rigorous debugging anymore. I don't know what the problem is; all I know is that it's not working for me.

Note: I only tried Normal Mode.

Spectral Nexus

• Idealistic Aspirer and Unacheiver
  • Hella trippy.
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2013, 11:05:34 PM »
Yeah. I don't know if it has to do with the duplicated lib folders, but...

I've given feedback to the creators on so many of these scripts that I'm too tired to do this kind of rigorous debugging anymore. I don't know what the problem is; all I know is that it's not working for me.

Note: I only tried Normal Mode.

I'm not certain but maybe it has something to do with the fact that you use a Mac?
lol i dunno :V
Anyway, thanks for all the help! You helped me a lot by introducing the GetPreviousScriptDirectory function to me!  :D
COMPOSING FOR: Magical Moon Story / Mystic Memory Drive (Full Game)
- Old Chateau Story (Stage 3 and Title Themes)
- Ephemeral Unnatural Balance (Stage 2 & Stage 5 Themes)
- Illusionary Visual Twilight (Full Game)
- Hopefully a few of my own future fangames! :-D

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2013, 11:23:24 PM »
I'm not certain but maybe it has something to do with the fact that you use a Mac?
lol i dunno :V
Anyway, thanks for all the help! You helped me a lot by introducing the GetPreviousScriptDirectory function to me!  :D

You're very welcome. There's an entire thread devoted to Danmakufu functions here. I don't know where it is though; you'll have to read the FAQ sticky and look through the links to find it. (I didn't make that function, but it has proven its worth).

And I am very glad that you chose Marisa. There have been so many Reimus that... I don't know anymore... -_-

Contest 10: Reimupocalypse.

Spectral Nexus

• Hella trippy.
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2013, 08:34:33 PM »
Sorry if this counts as necroposting, I hope it's okay though, seeing as it's my personal topic? Anyway...

Halloween Contest Entry - DEATH FAIRY OF DOOM!!!

Link - http://www.bulletforge.org/u/spectral-nexus/p/mini-halloween-contest-entry/v/v11

*Updated
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:25:28 AM by Spectral Nexus »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2013, 10:09:57 PM »
Great scrip, though the concentration effect and the weird extra script attached to the end were a little out of place.

A little bit of advice.

[10/28/13 5:46:38 PM] Harley (gtbot): its only common because CloseScript is used immediately and SetAutoObjectDelete is default to false

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »
If special effects get stuck after spells/nonspells, you can add a check to automatically delete the object if the boss isn't alive or rather if the boss's object has been deleted.

Something like,

Code: [Select]
while(!Obj_IsDeleted(whateverthebossobjectis)){
yield;
}
Obj_Delete(whatevertheobjectis);
}
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:26:06 PM by Infinite Ultima Wave »

Spectral Nexus

• Hella trippy.
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2013, 11:09:47 PM »
If special effects get stuck after spells/nonspells, you can add a check to automatically delete the object if the boss isn't alive or rather if the boss's object has been deleted.

Something like,

Code: [Select]
while(!Obj_IsDeleted(whateverthebossobjectis)){
yield;
}
Obj_Delete(whatevertheobjectis);
}
I've tried that, but for some reason it doesn't work, you can see it being used in my script, but it won't actually perform it. Maybe I'm adding it in the wrong place, but I've placed in many parts of each task and they still won't work. Weird...

Great script, though the concentration effect and the weird extra script attached to the end were a little out of place.

A little bit of advice.

Thanks, I've fixed the little bit at the end. I had a hard time with the concentration effects generally as well, as you already know. Although I have fixed the problem, it's caused another one. Because SetAutoDeleteObject stands for the whole script, every time one nonspell or spellcard is beateb, the STG Frame, Enemy Marker, Difficulty Banner etc, delete also. I've tried using a task to call it back at the beginning of the next step, but you can still see the removal of the effects after each step finishes. I have no idea of how to fix this, because I don't think that there is a function with the equal use of SetAutoDeleteObject but for one object.

EDIT: I DID IT! Thank you everyone!

YAY! I did it! All I needed to do was make sure that the loop only carried out while the boss was alive, similar to Ultima's idea. The problem was, I moved the loop checking if the boss was alive so it could fire after the loop, to after the loop, meaning that the whole loop would still carry out afterwards, even if the boss died, and would only stop once the loop had carried out. After an hour of coding random crap, I finally got the idea, with your help. Don't worry though, the problem is being fixed and the link will be up hopefully today, latest tomorrow. Thank you everyone!!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 11:43:14 PM by Spectral Nexus »

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2013, 12:04:29 AM »
Glad I could help. Also, you may want to yield a few frames before the boss is deleted and before closing the script.

TalosMistake

• Master of Aura and Shade
  • I'm Talos, not Talo~~
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2013, 08:48:49 AM »
Halloween Contest Entry - DEATH FAIRY OF DOOM!!!

Wow! very good stuff here. So much better than your RaNGE contest #10. Good job, Spectral Nexus!

Spectral Nexus

• Hella trippy.
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2013, 04:22:50 PM »
Wow! very good stuff here. So much better than your RaNGE contest #10. Good job, Spectral Nexus!
Thank you Talos! Thank you everyone! This really means a lot!

If only I knew how to use ph3 during the RaNGE #10 Contest...

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2013, 09:19:15 PM »
I think my net is working correctly today so I'm going to try your script. Also, you might want to include the default_system for those who don't have it anymore. Just in case. I'll edit this post later.

EDIT: Played it, very nice, the patterns look really good too. Music is nice, and the visuals work well together. The first non spell seems like it ends to fast which makes it really easy.
all in all a good script. The death explosion animation doesn't fit at all, it just looks weird.

I also encountered the playerscript crash glitch twice in a row.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:34:25 PM by Infinite Ultima Wave »

Spectral Nexus

• Hella trippy.
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2013, 10:00:21 PM »
I think my net is working correctly today so I'm going to try your script. Also, you might want to include the default_system for those who don't have it anymore. Just in case. I'll edit this post later.

EDIT: Played it, very nice, the patterns look really good too. Music is nice, and the visuals work well together. The first non spell seems like it ends to fast which makes it really easy.
all in all a good script. The death explosion animation doesn't fit at all, it just looks weird.

I also encountered the playerscript crash glitch twice in a row.
Yeah the explosion was just for the laughs because I couldn't make a decent explosion effect! I'll try to make a decent one for future scripts, Sorry!  :V
I don't know what's causing the player glitch unfortunately, I don't think it's happening with any other people either, what player script are you using? Does the script run properly with another player (maybe Rumia?)

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2013, 10:10:50 PM »
Don't worry about the playerscript thing. Its the same glitch people were talking about in the help thread. It happens on my scripts too.

Since you asked, I was using Mr.Blue's Reimu script.(the one that comes with all of my scripts)

Spectral Nexus

• Hella trippy.
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 05:54:49 PM »
Danmakufu Jam #001: Parsee Mizuhashi

Link: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/spectral-nexus/p/danmakufu-jam-001-parsee-mizuhashi/v/v001

NOTE: I've revamped the first post a little bit, for easier access to all of my scripts so far.

Spectral Nexus

• Hella trippy.
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2013, 06:18:13 PM »