Author Topic: Lunacy Star [Remake] Version 0.8 ~ now with 6 stages  (Read 4974 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Lunacy Star [Remake] Version 0.8 ~ now with 6 stages
« on: October 17, 2013, 04:14:04 AM »
Lunacy Indeterminate presents to you a Difficult and Touhou-esque Bullet Hell Game
~ ~ Lunacy Star ~ ~

The SECOND VERSION, this time with LESS HORRIBLENESS

UPDATED GRAPHICS and MUSIC and STORY

in the demo, featuring THREE WHOLE STAGES FULL OF STAGE AND BOSS

totally WACK SCORING based upon BULLET DELETION

with new FEATURES including ALWAYS WATCHING YOUR PERFORMANCE.

TRY IT, PREFERABLY THE INSTANT YOU FINISH READING THIS VERY SENTENCE

Version 0.8 (38.1MB)
Version 0.8 for those who Already Have 0.1 (27.7MB)
Version 0.1 (17.6MB)

Things that exist:
  • Six stages
  • Six shottypes
  • High score keeping
  • Attack perfection record keeping
  • Continues
  • Sound test
  • Configurations menu
  • TURBO MODE

I've gone and started on a re-doing of this nasty ol' thing to make it less horribly unbalanced and unfair and dumb-looking and all that good stuff.
    Rest assured that I've taken great pains to make sure that this version is not horribly unbalanced and unfair and dumb-looking.

Also, there is a sequel to this game, but it's only better looking than the original version of Lunacy Star 1. I don't intend to re-make that, however.

If you do try it, be sure to share with me your thoughts on the players and patterns and music and junk! Or if you wanna just post a highscore, that's cool too :3
    Mine on Lunatic is 204,213,400. 1,950,393,570.

Thanks for checking stuff out!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:30:29 AM by チソウ タイゼン »

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
Re: Lunacy Star [Remake] Version 0.1
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 11:58:44 PM »
Looking forward to this. I enjoyed the original Lunacy Star, and hopefully I'll enjoy this one even more. Though I recall you didn't finish the previous one; how much do you think this will contain in the future?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:11:43 AM by Trickysticks »
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Zil

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 11:16:23 PM »
I played it for a bit. Certainly more balanced than the old one. Nothing struck me as too difficult but a few things were maybe too easy, like the second boss's timeout. Also the laser shot seems too strong, compared to any of the others.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 05:51:07 PM »
Looking forward to this. I enjoyed the original Lunacy Star, and hopefully I'll enjoy this one even more. Though I recall you didn't finish the previous one; how much do you think this will contain in the future?

Ah, it should be the same as before. General 6 stages, plus an extra, plus a tutorial Zero Stage for people who don't know what they're doing.
I'm trying to cater to non-bullet-hell players with this, and the lenient-as-fuck lives system, and the infinite continues.
There will be 60 spellcards to capture in one main game run, 25 in the Extra, and then the Zero stage will feature 7, for a total of 92 individual attacks, or 272 perfection records to attain.

I played it for a bit. Certainly more balanced than the old one. Nothing struck me as too difficult but a few things were maybe too easy, like the second boss's timeout. Also the laser shot seems too strong, compared to any of the others.

Well, I am trying to keep it from lapsing into the total bullshit that the game turned out to be the last time, hehe. Thanks for checking it out.
The game DOES pick up a lot in Stage 4, by the way. I'm in the middle of writing Stage 5 and it's hell and one half to get through on the hardest difficulty.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 05:13:11 PM »
I'm trying to cater to non-bullet-hell players with this
> Easy mode S1-5 as hard as IN Normal
the newb friendliness
IT'S KILLING ME
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 05:51:23 PM »
Alright...
Still seems to rely on faster patterns, which is a stylistic choice that's totally fine (just not my preference).
Deaths don't clear the screen, so I would have to bomb immediately after dying.
I was able to bomb right before the Stage 2 midboss, and have said midboss die (or at least its first pattern) and the game awarded me a 'perfect' for this.
Like the original , feels really unbalanced :/  It's better about this and there's less flat out "how is this even possible" stuff, for me, but there's still patterns that I can't follow and then the next one is a trivial capture.

Definitely shows promise though

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 03:33:22 AM »
> Easy mode S1-5 as hard as IN Normal
the newb friendliness
IT'S KILLING ME

I'll make a note to nerf things further.
Also give the player more lives perhaps. Can't go wrong with maxing out at 18 lives and 20 bombs.

Alright...
Still seems to rely on faster patterns, which is a stylistic choice that's totally fine (just not my preference).
Stage 4 and beyond features many more micrododge-oriented patterns.

Deaths don't clear the screen, so I would have to bomb immediately after dying.
I do apologize. I've implemented this in the development build already, however.
I was able to bomb right before the Stage 2 midboss, and have said midboss die (or at least its first pattern) and the game awarded me a 'perfect' for this.
This as well.

Like the original , feels really unbalanced :/  It's better about this and there's less flat out "how is this even possible" stuff, for me, but there's still patterns that I can't follow and then the next one is a trivial capture.

Definitely shows promise though

I'd have to know which individual attacks you're referring to, but I'm glad to know that I'm doing a little better than last time, haha. Thank you so much for playing.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 11:50:36 PM »
Please also, submit your highscores, I am compiling them. There will be another release, featuring the remainder of the game, hopefully by the end of the year.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 12:55:04 AM »

WHAT DO I WIN
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 03:28:15 AM »
raitaki are you srs
you predated my release of 0.8 .-.

Also

WELL ANYWAY

Version 0.8 (38.1MB)
Version 0.8 for those who Already Have 0.1 (27.7MB)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:48:54 AM by チソウ タイゼン »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Re: Lunacy Star [Remake] Version 0.8 ~ now with 6 stages
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 04:34:44 AM »
Oh, I would greatly appreciate commentary on the game's rebalancing as of this version. There's now a hypering function and I suspect that its existence trivializes survival.

As for progress,
I've implemented the game's spell practice.

I just need to actually put together replay viewing and the Extra and Zero Stages and then I'm.... more or less done.
Backgrounds, maybe, too, would be nice. I'll have to ~*try*~ really really hard not to do them last.