Author Topic: Suika Fortress - Year 11: Game has come to an end  (Read 84356 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Suika Fortress
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2009, 01:41:18 AM »
Not a bad build at all. I tend to have professional soldiers as opposed to recruits, myself. But early in, it's a good idea.

Also, I bet we could get Rhapsody of Scarlet Weather as a fortress name.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2009, 01:52:39 AM »
I second Immaterial and Missing Fort, or at least Immaterial and Missing (something).

Also, should we bring any cats dogs KNIFES THE STABBY DOG (WITH SHIFTY EYES)?

To be honest, the few times I've played I haven't had enough problems with early security issues to need more than people with axes and picks handy to dogpile the occasional nuisance... and a walled-off fort with the front lawn actually a trap farm. But I play Easy Mode, so I'm not sure how well that would go otherwise.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2009, 03:21:48 AM »
I went and tried to work on the fort names you suggested.

Based on what I found out:

"Purple Power" worked
Guiness isn't in the list of names that can be chosen
Immaterial and Missing isn't in the list of names that can be choosen
"The Bloody Anus of Bloody Angels" worked. (Not exactly a name I go for. :P)
"Cave Fortress" worked
Found "Weather" but not Rhapsody or Scarlet. Perhaps something simalar like "Musical Weather of Wrath"?

As for the teams name, Shanghai doesn't exsist, but the more literal english translation "Overseas" (Over the sea) seems to work. Want to accept that for the team name?

Other things that come to mind, what exactly did you have in mind to use the spare points for Natchwanderlied? Assuming we were to drop the anvil and do everything you based it on we would still have about 750-780 points. I assume you'd use it for beer. :P But I want to make sure....

As for me in terms of the spare point I have, I would use them to get 2 Sakuyakurris (dogs), 2 Chenkurri (cats), and a few extra plump helmets and plump helmet spwans for good measure.

My reasons: Sakuyakurris can be trained to become wardogs which can be a useful for taking on small creatures or aid in battle if a dwarf is forced to fight. They can be a good line of defense while getting prepared.

Chenkuuris are good for control the vermin popultion that may try to take your seeds. They'll catch them and kill them. The only responisbility you'll have to do for the chen would be to make sure you pick up the corpse after it drops it and put a dump outside to throw away small corpses to prevent the corpses from stinking up the place. Also if we by some luck get chenkurris of the opposite sex, population control will have to come into play. Cause anyone who's played DF before should know the dangers cats can bring as they keep populating. Especailly if the suikas become fond of the chenkkuri. So in a way I also view chenkurri as a good emergency food sourse. Just make sure you put it out of it's misery before the Chenkkuri can use it's charm to make the minisuika fall in love with it and adopt it.

Plump Helmet and their spawn. Obviously because they're good food to have since it may be hard to come by meat at times. And everytime you eat a plump helmet you'll get a seed or two to add to the farm. So a little extra seeds and food can't hurt.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 03:42:36 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 03:40:09 AM »
Uh, I'm inclined to think NOT bringing at least some starter food/seeds is a bad idea. Unless you meant "more."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Totaku

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2009, 03:58:52 AM »
Of course I meant "more", bringing less than what is the default supply is a bad idea.

At least in terms of surviving, I can usually get the group a running start, but like I said I'm willing to fiddle with other combinations as well. Cause I never know when I'll find something that'll work like giving someone record keeping skills. Though I donno about giving it to the farmer in paticular unless we plan to save it for a later time like say when we have some good number of migrants to fill in the farmer's shoes. :P

Just giving my 5 cents on the subject matter. I'll have a decision reach likely by tomorrow or the follow day and then we shall embark, but I'm still looking forward for more opinions just to see if anything will work.
Now I Twitter

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 05:05:28 AM »
All of those plans sound good, Totaku.

I'm pretty easy to please; I tend to start fortresses on random just because, so I can adapt.

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2009, 09:41:22 AM »
Fort Drunkenmist or Beeraxe

and teamname

The Demon of Distance or Overseas
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 10:12:14 AM by T34G3 »

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2009, 04:51:35 PM »

Other things that come to mind, what exactly did you have in mind to use the spare points for Natchwanderlied? Assuming we were to drop the anvil and do everything you based it on we would still have about 750-780 points. I assume you'd use it for beer. :P But I want to make sure....

Usually I go with 6 dogs and 2 cats. The rest are spent on turtles and at least 300 units of beer. If you can, invest in some cheaper leather, cages, or metal bars.

Also try to get 1 unit of every cheap meats and fish. This will give you much-needed barrels.

Totaku

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2009, 04:56:47 PM »
Alright everyone, I'm busy making final preperations before we start the adventure.

Here's where we stand at the moment:

The suika set up is as follows:

"T34G3" - Miner
Jan-san - Woodcutter / Carpenter
Ramis - Mason / AxeSuika
Serpentarius - Farmer / Brewer
Unnamed Suika (will likely give to Rika) - Animal Caretaker / Hunter
Totaku - Butcher / Cook
Purvis - Mechanic / Stone Crafter

Would anyone like to take the animal trainer/ Hunter position? Cause otherwise I may alter the animal caretaker down to a novice level and train weaving for Rika's benifit, cause when there is lack of animals that suika will need something else to keep her busy.

Reason I get a animal caretaker / hunter is usualy because I get a crossbow with some ammo for free. But also because I let the hunter go about finding game after he trains the Sakuyakkuris.

Also with the points I have left I can get 2 Chenkurri, 2 Sakuyakurri and 3 plump Helmet Spawn. I should be quick enough to get a farm running though as long as there is soft soil under ground. Otherwise, an irrigation system will have to come into play. But judging on the rescourses I think we can find a soft area with no problem.

Think I should alter any of the option here before we embark?

Finally the names I've decided on...

Fortress Name: Beer Axe, The Fortress of Drinking (This sounds very Suika like so went with it over the other choices)

Team name: Team Overseas (AKA "Shanghai") The only one who provided a team name, and even though I couldn't find the original name. At least I have an english equivalant to the Chinese name.

Anyways, any final decisions before we embark on our journey?

Also just noticed Natch's post. I may actually look into altering the meat supply to get more barrels.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 04:59:47 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2009, 05:26:26 PM »
Can you rename the first name of my Suika to Altrevir?

Totaku

Don't worry I've changed your name to that. Now without further ado Let Suika Fortress BEGIN!!!!

“I shink I made up my mind now on the goods I’m going to let them take.”

“Are your sure you made up your mind Suika, once you settled on the decision you can’t turn back on it. All the groups will then take off to different area and begin on their trip for survival.”

“Yesh, I’m sherten….*hic*”

“Very well then, as of this point onward you will only be able to give advice to your copies. Your are not to allow to help protect them in anyway they must fend for themselves.”

“Yesh I know…”

“Then let’s begin shall we? I will keep an eye on you as things progress cause I really want to see how this turns out. Until next time…”

Yukari giggles as she disappears into the gap and vanishes..

Suika then turn to her copies as she stands confident and points outward to the distant horizen.

“You herd Yukari, we musch prove to her that we can survive! Go forth my little copies. Head to your destinations and STRIKE THE EARTH!!! For we will prove that onis can shurvive!”

And with that the Suika’s took off in their cart as their yukkuris pulled them off to their new areas….

At last the Suika’s embark on their joinery to the foothills of the Youkai Mountain! May the fortress Beer Axe, the Fortress of Drinking last long and prosperous!

1st day of the first month of spring

The lily white has come and gone. And it was just then the Suikas had finally arrived at their destination! Stepping out of their wagon that were pulled by yukkuri, the minisuika began their adventure…. In the foothills located near the Youkai mountain... Right from the get go, Jan-san began chopping wood while Altrevir went off to look for an area to dig.

Meanwhile the Suikas began to explore the area, they discovered that as of right now their region was rather quite….very quiet in fact. No signs of wild game were located in their area for the time being so it’s likely they will not be hunting for food….

Also there was a lava pit nearby our area if we can harness it's power, it could prove to be very useful....

It wasn’t long till the Suika spotted a nice area where she set forth to dig a tunnel.

Tutorial: Designation: In the menu option, you use designation to tell a dwarf to perform certain laboring tasks. These can range from chopping wood, digging, building stairs and so forth…

Press D to open the designation menu

From there you’ll have a list of tasks a Suika can perform. You must either use the + or – keys to navigate to the appropriate spot of press the letter that coordinates with the command in this case “d” for dig.

Once you select that command you must select the area you want to dig in. Once you find that area, press enter. Then you have a set point where the digging can start, from there you can control with width and length of how big the tunnel can be.. Once you decided it’s size hit enter again and you’ll have selected the digging area. Your Suika will soon begin to dig if she knows how to dig.

10th Day of the First Month of Spring

A problem occurred during Altrevir’s work. As she kept running into a series of damp rock as she kept digging out the tunnels that were going to be the new home for the Suikas. When she went above she realized the ponds that were near by would be a hazard waiting to happen so without further ado she left the tunnel….

And began to channel out the pond so that the water would drain down a hill. This at least solved the problem of an early cave in and possible water leakage.

16th Day of the First Month of Spring

Jan-san got tired of waiting and began to set up a temporary shop for her Carpentry. This would allow her to take the time to begin building beds for the other Suika while Altrevir continued working on the underground rooms…

How thoughtful of her…

Tutorials: Site buildings: With materials you can build buildings such as workshops, supports and other things like it… First you must press b to open the building menu, then from there select the thing you wish to build by going through the menu using the + and – keys. In this case we will do a work shop a shortcut key for that is “w”. 

Remember shortcut keys are always right of the name of anything you designate or build on most occasions.

In the workshop menu go through the list of in this case select Carpenter’s workshop “c”.

Now you must decide where to put it and then where and water material you will use. Since we lack stones at the moment we will use wood.

Once that’s done, the Suika with the job skill in that field will build the workshop and then can begin to work on whatever she can make based on what the workshop is meant for.

Just remember, you must have the supplies needed for the Suika to perform the task or she will stop.

Assigning tasks in the workshop:

Very similar to the building except you press “q” to set building tasks and pref. Select th shop you highlight and enter. Then from there go through the menu and select the tasks you want to perform and then press enter. Or use the shortcut key. The Suika will then start working when she gets the chance and start building based on the orders that are given.

9th Day of  the Second Month of Spring

Looks like Altrevir’s digging lead to the discovery of Pyrite. It’s cool that we have discovered some gems just a short ways under the ground base where the Suikas were planning to build their bedrooms. But looks like the plans for this place be build may be changed up a little bit since we found this little treasure here. Altrevir say we need to mine it later when we she feels comfortable digging up the gems. Hopefully by then a gem cutter will come here. We could make a profit of these things.

14th Day of the Second Month of Spring
Jan-san informed us that the beds were ready. Since out rooms were still under repair we decided to carry our bed to what will soon be out workshops until the rooms our finished…. Ah it’s so good to sleep on something other than the floor for once…

16th Day of the Second Month of Spring
Everyone was concerned about my habits of barely doing anything. Since there was little to work with for now until we grow some Plump Helmets. The suikas suggested that I go look around the stream, as there was apparently a lot of fish starting to appear in the area. I went to look and to my view there were plenty of good tasty fish. I suppose after a few drinks I can run up and attempt to catch some of them. There seem to be salmon, shad and Perch all swimming upstream. I suppose this was a good time as any since the mating season has begun for the salmon, so here’s hoping I’ll bring home some good fish for the other Suikas to eat….

PS. We may need to get a make a fishing dock around our fortress too since the majority of the fish appear to be swimming up small canyon…. Where we are digging at. The water appears to be at level in that area…

Tutorial: Assigning Labor tasks to your Suikas: Other than the professions your suika is good at you can tell the Suikas to perform other tasks.

First press “v” to view unit and then move until you have a suika you can select in range. From there you’ll have number of options:

“g” General allow you to see what kind of skills your Suika has to offer.
“i” Inventory allow you to see what kind of equipment your Suika is wearing and using.
“p” Preferences allow you to select the type of labor work, weapons if they choose to work in the military, or work dogs they can be assigned with. (This will be what we will look into.
“w” Wounds explains the condition your Suika or other creatures are in. More on this at a later time.

From Preferences you select “l” for Labor and then there go up and down using the + and – keys respectively. Press enter on the skill you want to train and use. In my case fishing. Now your Suika can start working on a new task.

Do note, that if the Suika has no skill on that category, it’ll take her longer than one who is skilled at working in that category. But at the same time, if they work at it, they will eventually become as good as a professional worker.

20th Day of the Second Month of Spring.

The Still has been build. Now Serp can start working on drinks for us once we begin harvesting some food (Hooray!) Now we need Jan-san to make some barrels and assign a port that will be specifically for our drinks.

Also someone needs to keep an eye on the Chenkkuri’s and their “trophies” they’re bringing in… It’s stinking up our bedrooms. It’s fortunate most of the stink is gone by the time we go to sleep.

22nd Day of the Second Month of Spring

It appears the lava pit near the river is the home of some fire imps. They do not seem very friendly though. We’re unsure it they spotted the wagon or not, but as Suikas we must take caution with these things. So as for now, Ramis has been temporarily assigned on guard duty till all the supplies have been placed in the home and the wagon and Carpenter shop that are outside have been broken down. Last thing we need right now are these little suckers ruining our life as we just got here over a month ago….
Tutorial: Assigning Suikas into the military:

Sooner or later a Suika is going to be needed to fight against enemies so it’s always best to have someone who can fight to handle the situation, otherwise they’ll run till cornered…

You must press “m for military from there you’ll see a list of Suikas from there you must select from the list who you want to join in the military.

You can simply press a on the Suika you want to assign to fight. And then she will become a recruit in the military.

You can press an again to make her return to a regular non-military suika.

Also you can assign squads by selecting the enter button to promote, this will allow you to make that suika the leader of the squad and then from there select other suikas you want to be in that squad and press enter they will appear under the squad leader.

Once you’re done assigning a squad press space and then when you press “a” on the lead of the squad groups all the suikas in that squad will be recruited.

Do remember once you recruit them they will stop all labor work and perform patrol duty.

Assigning squad patrol duties:

Upon recruiting a suika into the military you can assign the Suika some tasks. Just press x for the squad menu and make sure you put your course near your squad. You can set up patrol point where you press enter in the areas you want her to patrol. Make a stationary post where they will stay on one spot and guard the area…. You can even cancel patrols or stationary areas too.

I don’t think I’ll need to go into detail here about shortcut keys you’ll see for yourself.

26th Day of the Second Month of Spring

Rika’s mining work has paid off as she now decided to work as a miner! Now we got double the work force for now! At least till some animals start appearing here…. if there are any….

3rd day on the Last month of Spring

The Fire imps for some reason went back into their lava pit. Who know what they wanted to up here, but I don’t want to find out. Jan-san going out to get some wood to make some chairs and Ramis has been called off of guard duty for now. As soon as our mining Suikas, Altrevir and Rika finish building the rooms for us, they’re next project is to start building areas for the workshops. So some of us can get some work started in the safety of our underground home.

4th Day of the Last Month of Spring.

Finally found a good fishing spot down in the south. Seems pretty easy to catch one there. So I’m going to continue fishing there for a while…. If I get enough fish I’ll start cooking them.

5th Day of the Last Month of Spring

Rika and Altrevir discovered Realgar on one of the rooms they were mining out for us…. appears we will have to do some more remodeling eventually…
10th Day of the Last Month of Spring

We finally managed to move out beds our beds moved into are new spots now we can sleep by ourselves in our own little rooms now…

12th Day of the Last Month of Spring

We finally got the Mason’s workshop built. Now Ramis can start working on some tables and doors for us. We’re going to probably look further into doing other things, but I think doors and preparing a dining room take priority. Other than that Rika and Altrevir are currently making plans to expand the storage rooms before starting on the workshops…

Final Spring Report

As of right now, we pretty much have all the supplies inside the fort. The only thing we need to worry about is getting a room to cage our little yukkuri we took with us and then afterward, moving Jan-san’s shop into the fort. Once that’s done we can start working on other project.

Food supply is doing well thankfully as Serp got the garden going early on so food should be a problem. Plus with me fishing and getting good catches through the season I’m certain we will be well stock on food as the seasons continue. And during brakes Serp will brew some drinks for us. Ah it’s so good to get things moving at least…

Things on the to do list:

Get the workshops going for everyone so we can start producing goods for the up coming trading seasons….
Design a dock for fish in the canyon. Seem a lot of fish like to swim around where the rivers intersect.
Get a Trade Depot running
Start setting up traps incase the pesky imps or other creatures start attempting to sneak into our fortress…
Learn how to dissect fish so I can cook some meals. :P

Here's how things look on the first floor.

And the Second floor...

We only begun and I shall continue this later on... also looking at how long it take to actually sit down and plan things out. I'm debating if I should give a week long period instead of 5 days. I'll figure that out later. For now. This is where we stand. If you all like to give feedback on the current progress please do. The year is still young, for I only covered Spring so far!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:14:35 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Are there any actions you want is to avoid? Such as walling off the magma pit to keep the boogers from getting us, or setting up virtually invincible trap layouts?

Totaku

Are there any actions you want is to avoid? Such as walling off the magma pit to keep the boogers from getting us, or setting up virtually invincible trap layouts?

Actually Walling off the lava pit doesn't sounds like a bad idea. Thought it may be a little risky. Considering the fact it'll take a while since no one has building skills (I don't think, could be wrong though) for that kind of thing, but I think Ramis comes closest to that catagory... still a bit of a risk...

Laying down traps was my plan orginally. Though I planned to use them around the entrance and main hall. I only experiemented with them but....would caravans be at risk if I set traps in the main entrance hall? Cause I was going to make the trade depot right in the intersection where the doors are at.

Edit: just double checked the wiki say it's only triggerded by hostiles so I guess it's safe to put down. ^^;
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:38:58 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Yeah, a good trap layout and design can make a fortress pretty much invincible. Which is why I'm asking.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
I'd say go for it.  However, I'm constantly paranoid too.  Regardless, we only have one fighter on the team right now and maybe the miners, though they aren't trained directly in combat.  It's best to put up some traps in case the imps get devious.

Totaku

Suika Fortress - Year 1: Summer Report: Fishing, Traps and Cats , Oh My!
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 12:39:09 AM »
9th day of the First Month of Summer

Summer is in full swing and the Suikas are busy as ever. As of today some of the workshop rooms have been clear up and are now open for use. Purvis finally got the mechanic workshop open. Perhaps now we can start working on levers and components to make some clever devices?.

21st of the First Month of Summer

The Wooden cages have been built! We can now move the yukkuris into the fortress and keep them in there. Once we move the Kimemaru, Yukuunae and Sakuyakuuris to their cages we will brake down the wagon and live our lives in the fortress without worry.

6th of the Second Month of Summer

We finally got every yukkuri into the fortress and broke down the wagon so now we can start living in the fortress. As of right now, Serp has stop brewing beer so she can focus on her crops. Meanwhile, everyone?s busy making preparations for building and expanding our underground fort.

I?m currently trying to see if I can convince the miners and some of the other team members to look into plan to construct a bridge over a canyon so we can fish as well as travel across the river underground.  This should be a fun project if they approve it.

We have lots more to do. But for now, we can at least say that we are cozy since we assigned a bedroom for each of us to have.

10th of the second month of Summer

Ramis has taken on working on building the depot. He?s managed to complete it despite not know much about Architecture. At least now our trading station is up. Now we have start working on goods to trade. Thankfully, Purvis can aid us in this. She should be getting around to working on the craft station after she finishes the door lever.

13th of the Second month of Summer

Purvis finished construction of the Crafts Suika shop. It?s still a ways before trading time, but we must make haste if we want to make enough goods to trade whenever the traders come.

30th of the Second month of  Summer

Serp has requested to keep in charge of the records of our finances and supplies. So the Suikas decided to let take the responsibility. My question is will she find time to actually work on this? I mean she has a garden to tend and drinks to brew. I hope she knows what she?s doing?

9th Day of the Last Month of Summer

We began making preparation for setting up traps along the entrance of our Fortress. As we need to take caution with whatever threat may be luring outside. So far our big concern are those fire imps. Who know what they?re up too?.

Also I keep gaining fish lately. As of right now, I caught a few salmon. I?m getting pretty good at this.

13th of the last Month of Summer.

At last, I got Ramis to being work on the bridge that will serve as the fishing dock and a passage way to the other side of the canyon. Once it?s complete I shall be fishing over in this spot because I?m certain the fish here are quite active here since the rivers intersect.

I should get enough to actually begin learn to dissect them in the winter?.maybe..

Still as of right now, no word on any Migrating Suikas?It?s still only the seven of us?.

26th of the last month of Summer.

We finally got the training barracks we up when it comes time to train out soldiers. It may be just the seven of us, but with the fact there are fire imps here we need to take precautions against it. Whatever means are necessary?

28th of the last month of Summer

The construction of the bridge is finally happening. It shouldn?t be long now before we I have a new fishing dock to work with.

Also our chenkurri has given birth to Kochenkuuri...three of them in fact. Even though they're cute, I?m still concerned since there are so many of them. Preparations must be made with the yukkuri?

Final Summer Report

The Suikas are beginning to round up the Kochenkkuris and placing them in their cages. Hopefully this will help keep thingd under control. We will deal with them later once they grow a little bigger?. Hehehe

Mean while were all busy building all sort of different things ranging from traps, we are still work on the switch to the main gate which should be complete sometime in the fall? and finally with Autumn drawing near we may be seeing other Suika coming to out area soon?.hopefully.

For now let?s continue work as usual!

As of this point:
First underground Floor:

Second undergrond floor:

As for now, I'm half way done with my year. I will hopefully get the other half complete in the next day or two.

As for now I'm open for feedback.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 12:47:03 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 1: Summer Report: Fishing, Traps and Cats , Oh My!
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 01:22:50 AM »
Looks good, so far.

Make sure we got some stone crafts going so we can get our trade on.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2009, 01:50:41 AM »
Nachtwanderlied is signing up

Yes I am

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2009, 10:16:39 AM »
This seems interesting. I'm downloading the game to play myself, but I'll hold off actually taking part in the relay for now. I suppose I'll be spectating for a while. Nice work so far.

Totaku

Suika Fortress - Year 1: Autumn Report: Suika Traders come to Beer Axe!
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2009, 11:17:01 AM »
It's time for me to continue my report. I'm nearly done with my year run thankfully. But for now here's the Autumn report!

2nd of the first month of Autumn

The Aki Sisters are in full swing and the leaves are starting to change? we must make haste for winter is coming near?

Just to start off, just shortly after the chenkuuris gave birth to the kochenkkuris the Sakuyakkuris gave birth to Kosakuyakkuris.

I think we?re going to have to put Rika to work on training the Sakuyakuuri soon?

3rd of the first month of Autumn

All the Kochenkkuri have been rounded up. We won?t have to worry about the yukkuri being adopted for now. Hopefully they?ll be fed well cause when the time comes?. I shall look forward to taking them to my shop when it?s built?.hehehehe

5th of the first month of Autumn

Ramis managed to finish building the bridge that now serve as the new fishing zone. So I will now fish here. But I would like to note that as it is autumn the Salmon aren?t traveling as much?. So it may be a bit late to fish, but I?ll have to try for now and see? Ramis will continue working on the other end of the bridge in a bit?

Inside though, Purvis is busy working on some of the toys and other stone crafts for the up coming trade?.they should be coming soon?
Tutorial: Setting up Zones:

Zone serves as a way to set up methods to organize different places where certain activities take place. They can range from dumping useless rotten corpses, setting up fishing zones, or even making meeting areas where the Suika will gather.

To make a zone press "i" Setting up one is very simalar to desginating a area to dig or chop trees. Just press enter and set the area. Once you set the area you can go through the menu to decide how to set up how zone. with the + or - key. You can make the zone serve any purpose for you and decide if it' is active or not.

You can remove a zone by pressing x and like remove designation, you set up what area you want to remove.

15th of the first month of Autumn

A caravan is coming! It appears groups of other mini-suikas from another land are coming! Purvis, hurry up and finish the recent stock you got running! I got to go over and talk with the traders when they arrive.

18th of the first month of Autumn

The suika-trading caravan has arrived in our fortress. Fortunately Purvis is nearly done crafting the goods. And it appears a suikan Lasion want to talk as well. Let?s hurry along so we can negotiate a deal!

23rd of the first month of Autumn

We delivered our goods to the trading post and I took on the responsibility to talk with the trade dealers. Even though we had roughly 450 gold worth of items for trading, we only had enough to make a deal for another pickaxe, a tin cage, and a few pieces of meat.

Apparently they thought I did well as a trader even tough it was my first time, so I guess I may consider taking control of the trading post when I?m not fishing.

Finally, Purvis talked with the Lasion and gave in some demands for foods, weapons, and some metal cages.

27th of the first month of Autumn

The Suika Lasion came back with an offer of her own. Apparently her group is in high demand for drinks and and prepared meals. I know Serp could make a profit off of the drinks when she goes back into brewing. As for me, I could make a profit as well? but the chenkkuri must get big and plump first. I better hope a year will be enough time?.

5th of the Second month of Autumn

The Suikas has placed up a kennel to begin training our Sakuyakkuri. We shall make them become war sakuyakkris as soon as Rika gets some free time.

7th of the second month of Autumn

I finally got my butchery shop built; as for right now there isn?t much I can do about it, but this change over time?.hehehe?

I guess I should get the Kitchen ready too?.

12th of the second month of Autumn

Rika?s finally goes through training the Sakuyakkuri, now they are trained to kill any intruder on sight! They shall prove to be valuable assets to our team.

21st of the second month of Autumn

The Suikas from the other region have left?. With their goods in tow under a last minute move I purchases some fish and a few more meat with some goods Purvis made before they left. With the amount I got I think we have a rather well rounded supply of food.

Also no new migrating Suikas have come to our region?

12th of the last month of Autumn

At last the lever finally works. The lever we designed for the doors in the main hall can now be opened and locked. So now we can seal the main gate incase things get ugly. Also I?ve been rather busy cooking food with the food I?ve got from the trade. At least were have something different to eat rather than raw plump helmet for once. Perhaps we should make some yukkuri dumplings. :P

13th of the last month of Autumn

The Bridge was completed back a little while ago and we have set up door and started digging through the area. The Suika digging crew has decided to start digging underground on the other side of the river. We don?t know what we?ll find here. But as of right now there?s talk about more room construction. What for? Who knows? It?s been rather quite since the migrants still haven?t come so we?re left in the air somewhat. ^^;

As for now though Purvis has suggest we turn our bridge into a drawbridge.

30th of the last month of Autumn

The construction of the drawbridge was complete! Ramis was the first to test the bridge. It turned out that it worked even though he was a bit concerned about it, as it didn?t react right away. He nearly fell into the river before the bridge finally closed. So thankfully no one way hurt. As for now we Suikas have a second line of defense now.

Final Autumn Report

This season was focused mostly on trading and more construction, but at the same time we now have way to defend ourselves incase of an enemy invasion. Though I?ll admit? I didn?t expect a near accident from the bridge? Perhaps we should make some doors to shut  (or move the lever further back) before we pull the bridge lever just so we can avoid unnecessary fatalities?

As for now Letty WhiteRock is upon us?.

Here's where the fortress stands as of this moment. I had to alter the grid size to make the entire fortress area stand out.

First underground floor:

Second underground floor:

As of right now all I can think of to do is continue to build more rooms as usual. But what should I consider making for over on the other side of the river? More areas to shop? An alternet dining room? Some suggestions would be helpful here. I'm surprised more Suikas haven't come yet. I have a strange feeling were probably about to get a massive swarm of them....

Anyways open for suggestions!
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 1: Autumn Report: Suika Traders come to Beer Axe!
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2009, 12:05:30 PM »
Build "The Noble Killer" (Pun very intended).

Just make a large room.  Whenever we get a pissy royal that's unhappy and shows signs of going insane (or is just hurting us in terms of economy or something), show them to the room.  Then proceed to hit the switch and kill them in whatever fashion you prefer.  I have yet to get something like this working, but I'd think drowning would be an easy way of doing this stuff.  Then just drain it back outside.

Repeat and rinse for the next major threat.  Bonus points if you set this up in such a way that we can also trick imps, goblins, etc. into walking into it.

And yes, I hate nobles.  Dungeon Master kicks ass though.

Nachtwanderlied

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 1: Autumn Report: Suika Traders come to Beer Axe!
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2009, 12:34:24 PM »
just make them sleep on a cage trap

and sell them

Totaku

Suika Fortress - Year 1: Winter Report: Snow Thief and the 7 Suikas
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2009, 01:53:06 AM »
7th of the first month of Winter

Letty Whiterock hasn’t been showing much activity as of yet, the weather is cold, but the river is still flowing and the salmon are still active. As of right now Purvis is busy work on a new line of crafts in between working on mechanic parts. He’s becoming rather good at making these actually…

Jan-san been gathering wood for building more chairs and beds…

Serp is still tending to the garden…

And mean while Kita and Altrevier are discussing a new passageway to be opened on the other side of the river. I suppose it’s a good idea and all. But what exactly do they have in mind?

23rd of the first month of Winter

Serp’s decides she want to work on getting some value of our good in order so now she’s requesting an office to work in. The Suikas are building a large room for her to work in. Let’s see how it turns out…

25th of the First Month of Winter

A thief somehow snuck in undetected and stole our steel bolts! This raises a lot of question on what to do concerning our security. With only 7 Suikas here we have only so much to work with…. I’m am posing that Ramis be stationed for guard duty once more while Jan-san is still busy chopping wood. Once she’s finished were all going in and shutting the gates till further notice…

9th of the Second Month of Winter

Serp’s new office and bedroom have been fixed up for now and she’s currently working hard on crunching in the numbers of our goods. We will probably renovate her room some more later…

13th of the Second Month of Winter

Looks like Serp’s work is paying off, she’s doing remarkably well with collecting to information on the supplies and value. We could have a pretty good idea pretty soon how much we have…

20th of the Second Month of Winter

Jan-san’s asked to go cut wood outside so Ramis has been assigned to guard duty once more since the thieves may still be on the loose… we have to be cautious of our surroundings…

Also Serp finally finished crunching in those numbers….all I can say is we definitely have enough supplies for now to keep us busy through the winter. Also I need to get more fish…

6th of the Last Month of Winter

Jan-san’s finished chopping the trees and so we have sent everyone back inside and shut the gates once more. I wonder why there haven’t been any immigrating Suika coming here… It would be so useful if we had some here….

16th of the Last Month of Winter

As of right now the team has decided to dig further underground. Probably cause they want to find some other mineral now…They may also attempt to connect the tunnel between the floors as well.

18th of the Last Month of Winter

Production has stopped at the tunnel…. It appears the rocks are damp…

The Suikas are concerned about the matter so we may have to hold off on digging…. However maybe we could actually continue to dig….if we can set a floodgate in the way…. But personally I think it would be safer if we just not bother and just look for a new path… deep underground.

30th of the Last Month of Winter

Serp has returned from her long season of bookkeeping and returned to start working on the farm once more and probably some booze once again…. In the mean time we build more rooms… likely to stash our stockpile deeper into to prevent stealing as easily as it occurred here…

The annual report

Since we got here we can say that at the every least we managed get ourselves inside and survive a full year! Yay! Even though there little wildlife here we do have plenty of fish and our only concerns are the fire imps in the lava pit… How we’ll deal with them? I donno? But I’m certain that as the seven of us Suika know. Dealing with such nasty little creatures will be a bit too dangerous right now considering our low numbers…

Also….WE NEED MORE SUIKAS!!

And as of now we must go for the Lily White is upon us to announce…

SPRING HAS ARRIVED!
My turn is officially over.

The Suikas have survived a whole year with little difficulty and yet in such small numbers it was astonishing to see only 7 of them manage to pull it off. No Migrants had come for that whole year.. And yet they managed to build enough to supply them and then some.

Here’s hoping next year will bring more mini Suika…

--

Spring has arrived in Gensokyo and Suika was paying a visit at the foothills of the Youkai Mountain to check on her mini suikas.

“Wow, dish is amazing! They did dish all by themselves?”

“That’s exactly right Suika…They have been rather busy through this year.”

Yukari appeared from the gaps before Suika.

“So does this mean I prove mai point to ya?”

Yukari begins to giggle.

“My, you really are feeling confident in yourself today Suika. To be honest though, this first year was but only the beginning…”

“Jush what exactly do ya mean Yukari? *hic*”

What your miniature creations have been going through is but the tip of the iceberg. This upcoming year for them will be very different...”

“How’s that?”

“Well I believe they should be meeting with some other yukkuri Ok soon. Ones that can be rather the jealous type.”

“Huh? Jealous over my work? Hahahahaha! They must shink thar something special”

“I would advice you to be careful for if you provoke them in the wrong way….they may retaliate…I would hate to see all your work come to waste so soon”

“So what am I suppose to do then?” Suika seemed a bit confused as she was scratching her head…

“That is for you and your Suika to figure out… only you can tell them what they should do”

With that Yukari stepped back into the gap and vanished….

“*sigh* I gesh we shall see how things go tish year….”

--

Anyways, here's where the fortress stand as of right

Surface:

Underground Flood 1:

Underground Floor 2: Main area, work shops, trading post

Underground Floor 3: Living quarters, nobleman's living quarters

Underground Floor 4: (remember, to tunnel to the right has damp rock....becareful

Purvis, it's your turn! Get the file and embark on your quest to create an awesome Suika Fortress! Remember to put the file that is inside in the save folder. You can then open it when you play the game.

Be sure to update regularly as you go through the seasons.
http://rapidshare.com/files/267139286/Beer_Axe.zip.html

Also I'm signing up again!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:05:16 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 1: Winter Report: Snow Thief and the 7 Suikas
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2009, 02:02:52 AM »
Thieves already? Damn. Keep the valuables as far from the entrance as you can, ideally you want to have to pass through at least one crowded hall to get to them.

If you can, make some rope and tie a dogkkuri near the entrance.

Totaku

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2009, 02:36:57 AM »
Mmmm good thought there, I didn't think about having Sakuyakkuri being put on a rope to alert of any thives that should be useful.

Well the next set of traders should be coming in soon, so maybe you can get enough toys ready to buy some rope.

Good luck on your run!
Now I Twitter

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2009, 05:59:22 AM »
Forgive me for not screenshotting so much, but hopefully storytime will make up for it.

"Totaku," says Purvis, the day spring arrived. "I wish to be asking the questions."

"Oh?" Asked Totaku, after a rousing drink of the finest dwarven wine.

"I cannot get out to set the new traps, comrade," says Purvis with a frown.

"Ah," says Totaku, "You'll love this, I set a lever to control all the doors. Now we can close them all in one fell swoop! We shall be safe always!"

Purvis' frown deepens. "But I can get out the back door. You have not made us any safer! What is wrong with you! You addled dummkopf sillyhead! AAAAGH!"

Nostrils flaring, Totaku stiffs and says, "You're also a drunk!"

Purvis growls. "Fine, fine. Where is the dining room"

"It's downstairs," says Totaku, "are you hung over?"

"Of course I am!" Purvis says, throwing her hands to the air, "But there is no dining room!"

Totaku narrows her eyes, having had enough haranguing for one day, "It's just past the stairs! Forge some better beer goggles!"

"That is not a dining room!" says Purvis, waving her arms rapidly.

"What!"

"You have to tell us it's a dining room or it's just a bunch of chairs and tables! You stupid ninny! What is wrong with you! Why are you such a drunk!?"

Totaku stiffens. "You are also a drunk!"

Quivering joins Purvis' arm waving. "Shut up! AAAAAAGH!"

"You better not be tantruming, or it'll be the cages for you!"

Purvis stop and spits. "Fine! But now I am in charge!"

"Fine! I was sick of being in charge anyways!"

And having reached a concord, the pair spend the rest of the day uselessly inebriated.

"Jan-san," Purvis asked, "Why is that kochenkkuri following you around?"

"I think it adopted me, mein herr!" says Jan-san. "Is it not wonderful? I have a friend!"

"AAAAAGH!"

Purvis spent the rest of that day uselessly drunk.

"The Parsekkuri have come!" announced Rika.

"What!" Purvis shouts. "Get the goods! Get Totaku's useless arse off the fishing! Load up those goods!"

"We only have a couple goods," says Sepentarius, checking the books. "Maybe we can get a thing or two?"

"AAARGH! Fine! I will make some toys! To hell with the traps! They will only keep us safe!" And with that, Purvis stormed off to the craftsman shop, usefully drunk.

"Those fools!" says Purvis, as she examines what Totaku traded the lone flute that had been ready.

"Yes!" agreed to Totaku, before cackling.

"I do not understand," says Altrevir. "What is this thing that makes us cackle?"

"I shall inform you!" Declares Purvis. "The fools have sold us Sun berries!"

"They can only be found in the goody faerie places, do you see?" adds Totaku. "And they grow everywhere. In good time, we shall have dozens of them! It will be us who will be swimming in barrels of the finest sunshine!"

A gasp ran through the fortress. And then:

"Migrants!" cried Ramis.

"Egads!" shouted Purvis. Arms waving, she runs to and fro, "Expand the fields! Make more beds We need doors! AAAAGH!"

"But we have already expanded the fields!" says Rika.

"Just expand the fields!" shouts Purvis. "You... You... double drunk!"

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2009, 06:49:33 AM »
interesting. i still must get used to the gameplay before thinking of signing up.
Termnl_yt ht_i_sba. enfi_et uao_nri e_ewc_ gfo_f ineo kh_ tr o

Totaku

Lol we all be drunk! Har Har!

But in all seriousness the hatch should lock with that lever. :P

Anyways for now, great work obtaining sunberries, this will be very useful to the Suikas in the fort. : )

Now as for the migrants, is it possibily for you to add these names into the new group?

Xan: wants to be a miner / Axsuika
Pancakes McMancakes: (Via IRC) wants to be the siege operator/ bridge operator.

I know there are others, but they haven't provided much information so I guess you can go wild with giving them any position. :P
Now I Twitter

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Purvis looked over the new Suikas with a keen eye. After a moment of trying to count how many of them were just her seeing double, she gives up. "Just mill about with the uselessness! I will give you jobs later! Get out of my sight!"

Then she notes four particularly Suikas, lacking any particularly trade. "Not you! You will fight for my amusement! Now!"

The unskilled Suikas frown. One says, "Wha-"

"I said now! Make with the doing!"

Thus did the four fall into an impromptu wrestling match, lest they be cast out. So intent were they on the act, they never noticed that Purvis had walked off after giving the order.

"You know," says Rika, "We could make for them some leather armor, if we want them to get good at that..."

Purvis whirls on her with a snarl. "Nincompoop! Do you not see how we have no leather!

"Aha," says Rika, holding up a finger, "But we do have Chenkkuris."

"Egad!"

"And we could be of using the sheriff~" continues Rika.

"Not now."

"I have the plan," says Purvis to Ramis, another recently arrived mason, and a couple of other Suikas whom he had roped into the work. "We are going to make the farm above ground, for the sun berries that the foolish parsekkuris have sold us!"

"But the goblins!" cries a milker.

Purvis points at her "Shut up! You are going to build the wall! Then we may farm in even the worst of invasion! Do it now!"

"But I-" says the milker.

"NOW!"

Before the situation could degenerate further, a recently arrived craftsSuika burst into the chamber with a cry of "ARGARGAHRAGHRAGAAGAHBLKECHBLECHBLORGLE!!!!"

"It is the fey mood!" cried Purvis, not even looking back as she fled, "Run for the hills, for surely we shall all die in obscurity!"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:19:45 PM by Purjewry »

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 2: Spring: Suika Craftsman goes nuts!
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2009, 02:05:38 PM »
Oh great, now the craftsman's going nuts? Did she take over the craftsman shop? Might be a good idea to see assuming she's there at the shop what material she's looking for... and hopfully she'll get them...then she'll be full of awesome!

Otherwise you may want a guard or two stationed there as a procaution and maybe a steel cage trap( any other trap for that case too.) :P Last thing you need is a Suika going in a berserker mudering spree. XD

Edit: OK scratch that, looks like she's become rather useful now. XD
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:14:41 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter