Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 230541 times)

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #990 on: November 07, 2015, 01:49:03 PM »
woop woop just threw a PB at Kaguya's 1st last spell  :colonveeplusalpha:

Quite a few other mistakes though. Stage 2 dropped 4k time points due to atrocious cancels, stage 4 I deathbombed twice (Asteroid Belt and Shoot the Moon...) and messed up the midboss item collection since I was a bit below the PoC. Stage 6 I deathbombed Life Spring Infinity (BY DOING A BAD THING THAT EVEN CAUSED 2 OF MY 1MNB RUNS, WHY DID I DO IT :c) then failed Kaguya's 1st last spell by misreading an aimed bullet. Thought it would go above me but it hit me instead. Ended ~50m below my PB. Oh well.

« Reply #991 on: November 07, 2015, 05:52:26 PM »
So a couple days ago I tried UFO again and couldn't make it past Brofist.
Today I capture everything except her last card, as well as sunken ghost ship (also got it during simulated full-run in Practice mode couple days ago - for some reason it doesn't feel all too hard anymore lol)

Then I make it to Monk with 2-5, and for the first time ever I could actually read her 1st card and capture it lol
I find the trick to be focusing on the circles (and not the diamonds) by watching mid-screen.

But her 2nd easiest non (3rd one) decided to hate me today, and let me only go up to superhuman - I even timed out 4th non ;n;
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:04:34 AM by Pakken11 »
Lunatic 1cc: 6, 7, 10, and 11 with All Shots; 8 with All Teams & Both Routes; 12, 13, 14
Extra Modes Clear (All Shots): 6 (0-3), 7, 8 (0-3), 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Other: 9.5 & 12.5 All Clear; Have tried 7.5, 9, 12.8, and a few fan games
Currently working on: Maybe I'll try IN solos or something
Score? Survival? Who cares - it's bullet-dodging catharsis, and I didn't even continue~!! *dances*

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #992 on: November 11, 2015, 03:14:14 PM »
So a couple days ago I tried UFO again and couldn't make it past Brofist.
Today I capture everything except her last card, as well as sunken ghost ship (also got it during simulated full-run in Practice mode couple days ago - for some reason it doesn't feel all too hard anymore lol)

Then I make it to Monk with 2-5, and for the first time ever I could actually read her 1st card and capture it lol
I find the trick to be focusing on the circles (and not the diamonds) by watching mid-screen.

But her 2nd easiest non (3rd one) decided to hate me today, and let me only go up to superhuman - I even timed out 4th non ;n;

Huh, which shot were you using? Timing out the final non is kind of...

« Reply #993 on: November 12, 2015, 12:56:14 AM »
Huh, which shot were you using? Timing out the final non is kind of...

Sanae-A at like 2~3 power or something lol
Lunatic 1cc: 6, 7, 10, and 11 with All Shots; 8 with All Teams & Both Routes; 12, 13, 14
Score? Survival? Who cares - it's bullet-dodging catharsis, and I didn't even continue~!! *dances*

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #994 on: November 12, 2015, 06:18:56 AM »
Sanae-A at like 2~3 power or something lol

Ah wow, that'd be annoying to take out lol

Have you considered using other shots for Lunatic?

« Reply #995 on: November 13, 2015, 12:54:42 AM »
Ah wow, that'd be annoying to take out lol

Have you considered using other shots for Lunatic?

She's actually the easiest for me, since it has both focused power and wide range (homing).

I already have a 1cc on her, but just decided to try it again after like 10 months lol

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #996 on: November 13, 2015, 07:47:07 AM »
She's actually the easiest for me, since it has both focused power and wide range (homing).

I already have a 1cc on her, but just decided to try it again after like 10 months lol

Really? Wow, that's pretty interesting, considering she's one of the weaker shots. Great bomb and decent homing, though. And she really is comfy to use.

You should use ReimuB, as well. :3

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #997 on: November 13, 2015, 08:57:52 AM »
The more I play of Touhou 15 the more and more convinced I am that it's difficulty is massive.

On Normal; Rango's nonspells are comparable to Futo's. Stage 2 in LLK is comparable to Stage 5 in TD.

Don't even get me started on Doreymi. Her spells and nonspells [They feel like beefed up Satori nonspells] are both stupidly hard for Stage 3, in comparison to other Stage 3's.

For funsies I went into Easy to see how far I'd get there. I still had to continue against Doreymi and had game overed fully by Clownpeice; who literally goes 'screw you survival spell as my first spell'. I can't even beat Stage 3 in this game on Easy Mode; while I can get to Stage 4 boss normal in every other game, even the harder ones like UFO and SA. From what I saw of Stage 4 Easy; surprisingly; it wasn't that bad, although the gimmick [Every Stage 4 boss has a gimmick [Primsrivers changeing based on who you hurt more. Aya's survival spell, Yoshika] or changes based on character/shottype [Every other one]] of 'I summon things' could be annoying.

It's strange; Stage 4 tends to be overall the hardest stage and the longest; but LLK Strage 4 felt rather short and not that hard. Stage 5 felt really long in comparison.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 09:00:09 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #998 on: November 13, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »
Really? Wow, that's pretty interesting, considering she's one of the weaker shots. Great bomb and decent homing, though. And she really is comfy to use.

You should use ReimuB, as well. :3

I really don't like Needle Reimu.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #999 on: November 13, 2015, 04:12:10 PM »
I really don't like Needle Reimu.

Needle Reimu is ReimuA. ReimuB is homing Reimu.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #1000 on: November 13, 2015, 06:48:43 PM »
Yeah, pretty much what Sakurei said. ZUN switched them up for UFO (well, technically SA first, if you consider Suika to be a homing shot). I'm surprised you don't like Needle Reimu, though. She's very powerful against bosses in UFO, having the highest damage output out of all six shots. Her bomb also last the longest and does tons of damage, too. She only really has tougher stages.

« Reply #1001 on: November 15, 2015, 09:43:34 AM »
Yeah, pretty much what Sakurei said. ZUN switched them up for UFO (well, technically SA first, if you consider Suika to be a homing shot). I'm surprised you don't like Needle Reimu, though. She's very powerful against bosses in UFO, having the highest damage output out of all six shots. Her bomb also last the longest and does tons of damage, too. She only really has tougher stages.

Oh. Haha ._.;;

Well, I don't like Reimu in general - prefer Marisa a lot more :V

And with UFO stages are a bigger issue for me, mainly thanks to all that UFO chasing and blowing up - which is why I prefer Sanae-A over B.

And I believe Homing Reimu does less damage than Sanae-A - or at least it was harder to blow up UFOs when I wanted to.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #1002 on: November 15, 2015, 06:11:15 PM »
Oh. Haha ._.;;

Well, I don't like Reimu in general - prefer Marisa a lot more :V

And with UFO stages are a bigger issue for me, mainly thanks to all that UFO chasing and blowing up - which is why I prefer Sanae-A over B.

And I believe Homing Reimu does less damage than Sanae-A - or at least it was harder to blow up UFOs when I wanted to.

...SanaeB wrecks stages harder than SanaeA, though. Takes out UFOs easier, too. Their boss performances are just about similar aside from SanaeB having a waaaaay better Byakuren (and she has a nifty shotgun if she can get close to the others).

ReimuB does a little less than SanaeA, yeah, but I still feel she has better bosses (smaller hitbox, damage isn't that much less than SanaeA) and better stages (better homing).

« Reply #1003 on: November 16, 2015, 01:04:12 AM »
...SanaeB wrecks stages harder than SanaeA, though. Takes out UFOs easier, too. Their boss performances are just about similar aside from SanaeB having a waaaaay better Byakuren (and she has a nifty shotgun if she can get close to the others).

ReimuB does a little less than SanaeA, yeah, but I still feel she has better bosses (smaller hitbox, damage isn't that much less than SanaeA) and better stages (better homing).

I tried Sanae-B before and had UFOs escape on me several times.

And Homing Reimu might have better homing, but again for me she doesn't have enough focused damage to kill UFOs and big fairies when I want to.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #1004 on: November 16, 2015, 01:08:36 AM »
I tried Sanae-B before and had UFOs escape on me several times.

And Homing Reimu might have better homing, but again for me she doesn't have enough focused damage to kill UFOs and big fairies when I want to.

Hmm, perhaps you just have to get more comfortable with her shot and try to use the frog spread to its full potential.

Understandable.

Here's a replay of my best ReimuB 1cc.
It shows how great she is in action. :D

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #1005 on: November 17, 2015, 07:24:02 AM »

MoF LNN run lost at VoWG. T____________T

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #1006 on: November 22, 2015, 12:12:07 AM »
Ouch. Keep going, you can make it!

Also... can I put this here? if it belongs somewhere else, I'll move it...

So uh, played Mushihimesama since it came out on steam.

Too used to death-bombing, keeps getting me killed  :V

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #1007 on: November 23, 2015, 01:01:57 AM »
kefit.wav - Now available in salami flavor
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #1008 on: December 02, 2015, 02:25:15 PM »
Casual trial at LoLK legacy normal
2 deaths on stage 2, 3 on stage 3
Come on
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #1009 on: December 18, 2015, 11:33:55 PM »
I can't even 1cc LoLK Easy now.  :V
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

« Reply #1010 on: December 23, 2015, 01:42:52 AM »
Reaches Scarlet Gensokyo with no lives left. Please don't wall me Remilia.

Damn...

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:47:05 AM by kana0603 »

« Reply #1011 on: December 23, 2015, 06:29:36 PM »

How does SanaeB compare to MarisaA? I've been using MariA since UFO came out since I can shoot straight through enemies, but unless I'm doing something wrong she doesn't seem like she's cut out for Lunatic :(

Mr Jovial

« Reply #1012 on: December 29, 2015, 12:31:21 PM »
woooooooooooooo just realised my keyboard has some weird rubber banding issue that has likely been plaguing me for months...gonna rip out the button and put another one in yay

EDIT: Now my right arrow key feels super sensitive. And by super sensitive I mean no longer has a "Push harder to confirm you wish to press this key" confirmation thing.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:11:28 PM by Mr Jovial »

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #1013 on: December 29, 2015, 02:06:41 PM »
How does SanaeB compare to MarisaA? I've been using MariA since UFO came out since I can shoot straight through enemies, but unless I'm doing something wrong she doesn't seem like she's cut out for Lunatic :(

Sorry for the late response. ><

SanaeB is definitely more suit for Lunatic than MarisaA. The latter hits harder and pierces, but she has a bigger hitbox, her focused and unfocused speed may pose problems, her bomb isn't exactly helpful in gathering UFOs, and her options can mask bullets. I have no idea why MarisaA has such an annoying time in Lunatic in comparison to the other shots. Even MarisaB doesn't have it THAT bad (I mean, she does, but she's better at resource gain.).

« Reply #1014 on: January 02, 2016, 12:49:51 AM »
On the way to 1cc PCB Normal, really good start but then comes Youmu... and some stupid mistakes/failed dash...
Sad for the 2 bombs on Youmu's last SC, since I often manage to dash through all of these really consistently, but this time..no..
Well, I play Touhou since 10 days (and a bit 3 years ago), so I don't think that's really bad but still..

Anyway, if someone have a bit of time to give any advice (inb4 : Bombs more !), here is the replay : http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=39124
Thanks !

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #1015 on: January 14, 2016, 11:20:14 AM »
Also failed a spell I have ~2/3 overall capture rate of 4 times in a row - two clips, twice getting walled =/
Shelia's second spellcard in stage 3 perfect attempts.
Sigh, sigh, sigh.
At least I'm more consistent with her first spellcard.

zero_breaker

• Is chuuni before 2nd year
  • Must... resist... procrastination...
« Reply #1016 on: January 18, 2016, 02:46:05 PM »
God, I'm never going to make it past LoLK Stage 5 without bombing a lot, am I.
Tried doing Pointdevice Normal a while ago - made the mistake of bombing in Stage 4, resulting in me having no bombs to deal with Stage 6's PK Starstorm because I spent all of the rest in Stage 5.
Redid the whole attempt, managed to brute force through up until Stage 5, at which point Clownpiece promptly destroys me (and my confidence after making it past the last segment without running into bullets) with her starter non-spell.
Maybe it's just my keyboard being wonky, but eh. Probably would just be barely better with a new keyboard.

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #1017 on: January 20, 2016, 12:28:53 AM »
Copy/pasted from achivement thread, for my WNSP lunatic 1cc:

I had only one death until Minayu, bombed her first non as usual, got really unlucky twice on her first spell (death, then bomb), got unlucky on her next nonspell and had to bomb right at the end, captured Ground Stained Russet Brown, got unlucky and had to bomb at her third nonspell, died once and clipped with full bombs on her next spell, then spent one bomb at her last spell.
I've nearly done a no-death Minayu run =_=
So naturally in my first real run I get a stupidly bad run of her. =/ :colonveeplusalpha:

« Reply #1018 on: January 20, 2016, 08:57:27 PM »
There is absolutely no reason any stage 2 boss should be as difficult as Kyouko. Jesus christ STAY STILL JUST LET ME SHOOT YOU

Mr Jovial

« Reply #1019 on: January 26, 2016, 01:39:38 PM »
Attempted Half Past 4 44 times recently. 41 of those were captures. 42 of them escaped from the central spot. The 2 that didn't were the only 2 that I did in an actual playthrough. So for recent stuff, for practice runs I'm on 41/42 captures, when it matters I'm at 0/2. Why :C
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 01:46:15 PM by Mr Jovial »