Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 230543 times)

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #960 on: September 12, 2015, 06:23:51 AM »
Just had one fucking gigantic bad luck streak on TLC stages 1-2.
Like an hour of play time, I didn't even get to stage 3 =_+

EDIT: A few hours later, had a pretty decent run that made it to Iesua's survival. I would've 1cc'd had it not been for 2 full bomb clips though, on Sky Paradise Orchestra (stage 5 midboss spell) and Immanuel's Bloodline (Iesua second spellcard).
The rage bit is the fact the reason I gameovered on the survival is the fact one of the bullet spawning glow-worm... things literally spawned on me :colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:33:36 PM by Nolegs the Cat »

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #961 on: September 12, 2015, 09:53:50 PM »
Obviously, the universe doesn't want me to play Riverbed Soul Saver, because my computer SHUT IT'S SELF DOWN while I was playing.  ??? WHY
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #962 on: September 13, 2015, 12:58:40 PM »
*Profane profanity and angry anger*
LET IT BE KNOWN THAT ON THIS DAY THE CURSE HAS BEEN PARTIALLY LIFTED. FAILED HALF PAST 4 11 TIMES IN A ROW AND FINALLY CAPPED IT XD. Also, broke 5b for once (ended 5.13b, nice break from all the 4.8b I've been getting)

« Reply #963 on: September 24, 2015, 04:28:39 AM »
After a long break I saw LoLK's PD mode and thought, I won't have the 1cc anxiety even if I have to retry over and over again so hopped on and furthest I went is Doremy's 1st spellcard. I kept dying and retrying w/o a bomb thinking I can pass through the bullet gaps. Over a hundred times. Then I looked up a Perfect video and saw you just have to spin and spin.

... :o  >:(

Thank God you can start over from the last checkpoint.

« Reply #964 on: September 24, 2015, 06:53:10 AM »

;_______________;

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #965 on: September 24, 2015, 06:54:49 PM »
If only you 420grazed a little more, you could have had that 1CC.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

« Reply #966 on: September 25, 2015, 04:14:56 AM »
It gets worse. A bit after that run, I tried again, had one of the best runs throughout Stages 1-4 (Doremy and Sagume went pretty well), Stage 5 was alright, rocky as always, then I get to the Junko boss fight.

No more lives left, timeout, only a few bombs.

Die at 00.05 on the timer. If I didn't die, I would've gotten an extra life and easily beaten the final attack. Why does this happen.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #967 on: September 27, 2015, 10:34:10 PM »
I managed to get a perfect run past Mokou's rings of doom for the second time in recent memory, and I ended up derping stupidly on Hourai Doll for the second straight time. >.< I'm not even that angry about that, aside from the usual "I have to put up with this stage again" stuff, but I still didn't expect my nerves to fail me as spectacularly as they did. I just want to perfect this stage so I can have a reason to never play it again...
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #968 on: October 04, 2015, 04:43:36 PM »
I just want to perfect this stage so I can have a reason to never play it again...
This is me and RSS Phantasm right now.  My spell card history for Ruri's second spell is 407/418.  I'd put the over/under on the total number of attempts I've made at this stage at 3300 and rising.

It doesn't help that I got a one-miss where I died to a very easy nonspell.  That was two weeks ago.

This isn't even that hard <__<  It's just twitchy and random.

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #969 on: October 05, 2015, 06:48:07 AM »
Yaorochi on unreal is brutal :V
Not like I can do Len'en Unreal but hey, it's fun.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #970 on: October 05, 2015, 10:35:27 AM »
Well, I think I just lost 250-300m on the stage 6 enemies ;-;
1st wave had 2 of them at complete opposite sides of the screen then died 3rd wave. End score was 5.19b so I think I would've just missed out on a slight improvement on my PB. Funnily enough, I didn't notice I was on a good run until the end of stage 5 when I thought "Wait, my score is 3b already???" (2nd time I've managed that). Could've been a PB if I hadn't messed up Reisen; deathbombed Illusion Seeker since I barely got clipped then the last nonspell refused to let me turn the stream. I tried 3 times before running out of space. All that meant only 4 bombs for her final, could've easily been 6...On the bright side, I think I found a visual cue for a cancel on stage 4 that would get me a few hundred time points or so more.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #971 on: October 06, 2015, 03:11:14 AM »
There must be something wrong with me if I can't do well in EoSD Lunatic, and yet can 1cc UFO Lunatic three times in a row on the first credit. -_-

I should probably just ignore the former. I'm not having much fun with it.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #972 on: October 06, 2015, 04:15:09 AM »
Yeah, EoSD is a pretty different beast compared to all the other Windows games. I don't know how much time you've spent on EoSD so far, but if you really don't find the game fun, you're probably better off moving on from it. I went through the same thing with EoSD years ago, so I know where you're coming from when you say it's not fun for you, but obviously it's still your decision.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #973 on: October 06, 2015, 04:18:06 AM »
I personally enjoy EoSD Lunatic a lot, and I've practiced it a fuckton to the point I'm definitely capable of 1ccing it... shrug

Honestly though you shouldn't grind any of the games if it isn't fun. Just use stage practice and play what you enjoy :3

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #974 on: October 06, 2015, 04:29:22 AM »
Yeah, EoSD is a pretty different beast compared to all the other Windows games. I don't know how much time you've spent on EoSD so far, but if you really don't find the game fun, you're probably better off moving on from it. I went through the same thing with EoSD years ago, so I know where you're coming from when you say it's not fun for you, but obviously it's still your decision.

I've gotten quite close to 1ccing it a couple times, but I've spent a lot of attempts a couple hours ago screwing up and not even reaching Stage 3. It might just be an off day, but it was pretty demotivating.

I personally enjoy EoSD Lunatic a lot, and I've practiced it a fuckton to the point I'm definitely capable of 1ccing it... shrug

Honestly though you shouldn't grind any of the games if it isn't fun. Just use stage practice and play what you enjoy :3

It's not one of my favorites, but I do like some patterns here. I might still go for it, but damn, some of the RNG in this game is irritating. :/

« Reply #975 on: October 08, 2015, 10:34:10 AM »
Dunno, I find EoSD brain-dead easy up to and including Meiling even on Lunatic, compared to say SA or UFO - or even IN for that matter.

Stage 4 and onward, however, especially Patchouli and Remilia (who has at least 3 ridiculous cards that are set - Patchy at least you can choose between 4 different sets), are pretty up there in difficulty even compared to stuff like Seija and Orin.

So I dunno why you're having issues with the early stages ._.;;
Lunatic 1cc: 6, 7, 10, and 11 with All Shots; 8 with All Teams & Both Routes; 12, 13, 14
Extra Modes Clear (All Shots): 6 (0-3), 7, 8 (0-3), 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Other: 9.5 & 12.5 All Clear; Have tried 7.5, 9, 12.8, and a few fan games
Currently working on: Maybe I'll try IN solos or something
Score? Survival? Who cares - it's bullet-dodging catharsis, and I didn't even continue~!! *dances*

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #976 on: October 08, 2015, 10:37:54 AM »
Different people, different strengths and weaknesses. I don't know what exactly ZM dies to normally, but it might just be something what requires him to do things he's bad at. I know that I couldn't 1cc EoSD anymore if I tried because I put all my skillpoints in precision/character control and memorization abilities and let my reading/dodging tree rot.

Albeit it is odd that he can do UFO, but not EoSD. I assume it's due to the large amount of difference in playtime between the game.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #977 on: October 08, 2015, 12:13:24 PM »
Different people, different strengths and weaknesses. I don't know what exactly ZM dies to normally, but it might just be something what requires him to do things he's bad at. I know that I couldn't 1cc EoSD anymore if I tried because I put all my skillpoints in precision/character control and memorization abilities and let my reading/dodging tree rot.

Albeit it is odd that he can do UFO, but not EoSD. I assume it's due to the large amount of difference in playtime between the game.

Pretty much. Everything in UFO just feels so natural for me, while EoSD's randomness bugs the hell out of me at times.

« Reply #978 on: October 08, 2015, 06:07:47 PM »
So. IN Alice Solo. I'm assuming you have to be able to time-out half the stuff in the game to be able to do it? Even the stages feel like semi-pacifist >A>
Lunatic 1cc: 6, 7, 10, and 11 with All Shots; 8 with All Teams & Both Routes; 12, 13, 14
Score? Survival? Who cares - it's bullet-dodging catharsis, and I didn't even continue~!! *dances*

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #979 on: October 08, 2015, 07:36:24 PM »
So. IN Alice Solo. I'm assuming you have to be able to time-out half the stuff in the game to be able to do it? Even the stages feel like semi-pacifist >A>

At least she's good against Mokou... :derp:

« Reply #980 on: October 10, 2015, 11:43:06 PM »
ALMOST 1cced MoF Normal twice today. BOTH deaths on Mountain of Faith.  :qq:  :qq:

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #981 on: October 11, 2015, 12:38:43 AM »
Was playing EMS. GO'd on Stage 6 midboss spell.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

« Reply #982 on: October 12, 2015, 12:04:04 PM »
At least she's good against Mokou... :derp:

She extra she dun count.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #983 on: October 20, 2015, 04:25:59 PM »
CIDFBGIUMZKMRDG THE MOON AND REISEN FINALLY TURNED ME INSANE HELP

(explanation: On the first 2 fairies on 6B, I normally position myself by having Yuyuko's right familiar circle the M on "BGM". Today I had it circle the B  and I didn't know why I died there until I looked at it in a replay...)

EDIT: I've lost the ability to count to 3. Tried to use the scoring method for Kaguya's 4th last spell on her 3rd last spell. That ended swiftly and embarrassingly.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:27:04 PM by Mr Jovial »

« Reply #984 on: October 23, 2015, 05:02:12 AM »
EDIT: I've lost the ability to count to 3. Tried to use the scoring method for Kaguya's 4th last spell on her 3rd last spell. That ended swiftly and embarrassingly.
Thanks for making me laugh so hard that... Well, I'll just say I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time! But yeah, I'm sure we've all had epic derp moments like that before (including me).

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #985 on: October 23, 2015, 06:42:55 AM »

Don't worry about it. It happened to me too and I know other people that did that. It's not a common mistake, but a lot of IN players seem to have done it before.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #986 on: October 24, 2015, 04:49:59 PM »
JynXdammit, why is ExLumen so hard? I can capture the first card only 20% of the time and I doubt that it's even static. I've been practicing for an hour and didn't reach Saragimaru at all.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #987 on: October 25, 2015, 09:34:01 PM »
Finally got to play TH15 for more than a breif period.

Wow. It's hard. Like; really hard. I can't even beat Stage 2 normal. There's no other touhou game where I cannot even make late Stage 4 in normal.

Then I went into Pointdevice. My god Stage 3 is harder than some Stage 5's.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #988 on: October 27, 2015, 02:32:05 AM »
I've forgotten just how uncomfortable it is fighting Seiga. She might be the only part of TD that's any harder than Stage 3, and she's proving to be my biggest roadblock to any sort of no-bomb/miss run. Damn jellybean bullets ruin everything. >.<

« Reply #989 on: October 30, 2015, 04:30:06 PM »
Solo Alice turns Keine into Keine-EX lol

Seriously, when First Pyramid respawns rofl - not to mention her first Boss Non =0=
(Funny thing is, just as I was thinking that during the run, I captured it :getdown: )

I still failed the run, cause I went Final B since I had 2 lives in stock (& 1,100 left) and didn't know how to do triple fairies with Ms. Nanotube Laser.

Much better run than last time, though - less bombing, more dodging and dying - so maybe there's hope, idk :fail: