Author Topic: 東方導命樹 ~ Mystical Power Plant 體驗版  (Read 63013 times)

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: 東方導命樹 ~ Mystical Power Plant 體驗版
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2013, 02:34:14 AM »

Omote and Ura loops!

Suicide bullets and Daifukkatsu-like Ura Midbosses!

And someone has been playing Saidaioujou!

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 02:50:45 AM by Jaimers »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2013, 02:55:46 AM »
Ah, so Life-Stealing Tree Mode is very different than the base game, isn't it? Do you unlock it by 1ccing the main game?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2013, 04:30:02 AM »
Ah, so Life-Stealing Tree Mode is very different than the base game, isn't it? Do you unlock it by 1ccing the main game?

Apparently, as the Touhou Wiki puts it, Up, down, up, down, up, up, down, down must be entered on the title screen.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2013, 04:35:39 AM »
That works in the demo but not in the full version. Trust me, I've tried it multiple times. From what I see in Jaimers's screenshots, it's a selectable option which I assume is now unlocked after 1ccing the game.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2013, 04:42:01 AM »
That works in the demo but not in the full version. Trust me, I've tried it multiple times. From what I see in Jaimers's screenshots, it's a selectable option which I assume is now unlocked after 1ccing the game.

Oh, whoops. Sorry.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Touhou Mystical Power Plant (東方導命樹) Full Release
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2013, 10:42:15 AM »
After trying it for a bit, I can't help but notice how powerful Byakuren's shot is. Some spellcard with slow startup can be captured in less than 8 seconds with proper placing. And the sound, oh the sound! It's like I'm playing Touhou with a chainsaw!
Now I can't get the image of Byakuren with a chainsaw vajras out of my mind.

Jaimers

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2013, 11:50:03 AM »
Yes you unlock it after 1cc'ing the main game.

Shin Tenmu?!

Seems like the Ura loop makes some drastic changes. Aside from the suicide bullets, once you enter the Ura midboss the rest of the stage and the boss is completely different.
The bosses no longer have spellcards and instead fight like more like a Cave boss.

So yeah Ura is basically Mystical Power Plant Cave edition.

Also YESSSSSSSSSSSS LASER WHEELS this is now officially the best thing.

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2013, 01:04:13 PM »
If anyone figures out what the skills do, please post them here.  I'm guessing Marisa's power/movement is pretty much what it says, and that Reimu's Reflexes is the longer deathbomb.  Not 100% on what avoidance/spirit recovery or absorption/continuation/ingathering do though.

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2013, 01:34:48 PM »
Avoidance makes your hitbox smaller.

Spirit Recovery increases the Invulnerability after using a bomb or dying.
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2013, 02:16:40 PM »
Is it my impression or the normal mode of this game is somewhat harder if compared to the normal from other Touhou titles in general?

Sweetness and love~ ♥

SacredWind

• Ordinary Magician
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2013, 02:24:02 PM »
Part is harder, part is easier, like stage 5 boss is easy (for me, at least), and part stage 4 boss is fine, and some parts are  what is going on ???. I think the first 3 stages are easier (minus last spellcard stage 3), and stage 4 onwards is harder (especially stage part, it reminds me of UFO  :( )
Nicknames: Sacred, SacredWind.
Touhou Achievements:
Easy 1cc: PCB, SA, UFO
Normal 1cc: IN, MoF, TD

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2013, 02:27:02 PM »
I agree with that. Just gave Stage 5 a try on stage pratice and lost like 5 lives on the stage part, but then beated Stage 5 boss without losing lives. I found the difficulty of this to be rather unbalanced, like Stage 6 boss' first non spell that is harder than most of her spell cards.

And yeah, Stage 3 boss' last spell is pretty much an autobomb for me, I just don't risk capturing it, even though I did that once.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2013, 04:02:07 PM »
How do you get this game to work? The only thing I can find in the directory is [DIR.]H, which doesn't seem to do anything when I try to run it.

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2013, 04:10:30 PM »
Are you sure that you downloaded the right thing? It should be a zip file (approx. 200 mb). Switch to Japanese locale or use applocale to unpack the game (otherwise you will have messed names for some files which can prevent you from playing in some cases) and run config.exe/th_dnh.exe
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2013, 06:04:58 PM »
So I tried doing a Normal 1cc with Sanae and Kanako B.
All I have to say is this: Fuck. You. Tenmu.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2013, 06:09:09 PM »
Fuck. You. Tenmu.

I think she looks a lot like Futo, but maybe that's just me. (Also, dat Duplex Barrier 2.0)

Anyway, here is my humble easy 1cc of the game. That was a pretty rushed 1cc, though... so it's nothing really impressive. But I'll attempt Normal mode some more once I get better patience, and finish stuff with another game here.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:11:43 PM by Synnae ~★ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2013, 06:32:19 PM »
Merged the MPP topics together.
Let's fight.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2013, 06:52:06 PM »
Okay, I 1cced it on Normal. Turning the background off does wonders for the FPS and makes it so that it actually runs at 60 FPS at least 75% of the time.
Also, holy crap, that last spellcard... just... wow. I am afraid of that final boss now. So. Much.

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2013, 06:52:33 PM »
Well despite a bad run I didn't game over but rather the game crashed during the latter part of stage 5 due to some kind of script error.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Jaimers

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2013, 07:26:37 PM »
I keep getting an error whenever I try to play the game. I get to select my shot option, but then when it's about to load Stage 1 this error pops up.

I moved all the files from the bug fix over, and I unpacked them using AppLocale, but it still won't work. Anyone have any ideas?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2013, 08:47:47 PM »
So apparently Wanwan uploaded the OST to the game himself (as mentioned on the game's site). Here's a link to it if you want it. Obviously it currently doesn't include the Extra Stage music because, well, yeah. ^^;

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2013, 10:02:57 PM »
Are you sure that you downloaded the right thing? It should be a zip file (approx. 200 mb). Switch to Japanese locale or use applocale to unpack the game (otherwise you will have messed names for some files which can prevent you from playing in some cases) and run config.exe/th_dnh.exe
Yeah, extracting the files in Japanese locale did the trick.

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2013, 01:30:15 AM »
Alright screw it. Game crashed again during the final boss on my second play. I hate Danmakufu with scripts of this nature.

I at least copied the error out for this one:

??
   let objEnemy = GetEnemyBossObjectID[0];
   while(!Obj_IsDeleted(objEnemy) && ObjEnemy_GetInfo(objEnemy, INFO_LIFE) > 0 && EC==0

Second time the game crashed right before a nonspell goes to a spellcard.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:39:44 AM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Drake

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2013, 02:18:57 AM »
Also, holy crap, that last spellcard... just... wow. I am afraid of that final boss now. So. Much.
Considering the last spell card is tantamount to bomb milking for a huge portion of your score, it shouldn't be that bad as long as you have two or three lives in stock.

Then again if you had that many resources it probably wouldn't be that scary to begin with.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2013, 06:11:39 AM »
Well, I did have a LOT of resources going into the last spell card (I had I think six or seven lives?). I was just kind of caught off-guard by it, considering it starts off rather tame.

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2013, 06:28:27 AM »
So I hear it helps to download the bug fix which explains my random crashes.

Also I just saw that final spellcard. I used one bomb on it mostly because I wasn't sure what to expect. Surely enough it was the bullets from below that hit me initially but I somehow dodged the entire remainder perfectly. Still pretty intimidating.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2013, 09:08:38 AM »
I haven't 1cc'd this yet, but overall the music is amazing, I especially like the stage 4 theme.

Also, Kodama fusion! That's pretty cool, even though I was expecting a triple boss fight to be honest.

I like how they added some of the effects from the Th14 demo, nice touch there. :V

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2013, 10:45:42 AM »
At last, I got a change to try the game (installed windows just for that) at least at easy with ~52 FPS.
I liked preview videos of the game and I wasn't disappointed with actual game. Very nice music, game mechanics, bosses, and quite good patterns/spellcards. Even if it's not an official game, it really looks like one. Ura mode (is it the right name?) is a nice addition but difficult as hell, even in easy. The only noticeable drawback is the balance, it really should be improved. Otherwise, it's a good game. Looking forward to try Extra when it will be added and I get my GPU card back.

Mesarthim, Lady Mima, I have a feeling that your problem is that you downloaded danmakufu separately, not using the one which was provided with the game (at least, I see that Lady Mima runs the game from not native folder). It's possible that you use incompatible version (even if it's newer). And yeah, you need to be sure that you use bugfix (though I have no idea what exactly it fixes).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:53:00 AM by Vectorfish »
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2013, 12:29:03 PM »
Well, I did have a LOT of resources going into the last spell card (I had I think six or seven lives?). I was just kind of caught off-guard by it, considering it starts off rather tame.
The second part of it is probably the hardest.  The third part gets super easy if you
Spoiler:
kill the loli at the bottom before she starts shooting

Oh, and if anyone understands scoring in this game please share.  Do point items have a set value everywhere or is PoCing still better?  Does graze do anything?  What do those little gem things do for you when you max your skill gauge?  So hard to test stuff like this when your score keeps rising whether you're doing stuff or not.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:48:58 PM by ♥♥♥東方Hugger♥♥♥ »