Author Topic: TAS scoreboard  (Read 77965 times)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
Re: TAS scoreboard
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2013, 07:03:17 AM »
SA graze doesn't affect the clear bonus. In Extra it's 40m * lives + 8m * power + 1000 * (left part of PIV). A no-death run that finishes with 4 power should have a clear bonus of around 515m, as far as I know.

As for why the IN Extra TAS has a higher graze count, remember than IN graze counts triple at -80%, and quite a lot of graze was accumulated in the stage portion (where there's no reason for Youmu to graze focused).

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2013, 03:26:03 PM »
It seems kopiapoa has reached a score of 3,042,425,564 in DDC Lunatic (video: stage1 2 3 4 5 6), as well as 1,222,423,550 in DDC Extra (video).

Notably, in the Lunatic run, 4 continues were used to build up additional PIV on Sekibanki. DDC is possibly the only game in the series where continuing can actually result in a higher score.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 01:30:03 AM »

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2013, 06:00:22 PM »
Kopiapoa reached a score of 6,795,505,260 points in SA Lunatic with ReimuC.

YouTube video

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2013, 06:05:58 PM »
The replay link on the wiki page is giving me a 404 error for the SA ReimuC run.
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2013, 08:14:20 PM »
The replay link on the wiki page is giving me a 404 error for the SA ReimuC run.

Speaking of unavailable replays, can somebody upload the PCB Extra TAS somewhere else? The ZIP file gives a "corrupted" message when I try to unzip it - possibly a language issue.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »
Speaking of unavailable replays, can somebody upload the PCB Extra TAS somewhere else? The ZIP file gives a "corrupted" message when I try to unzip it - possibly a language issue.
Will this work?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cwce1bao58k8695/th7_udKi01.rpy
My Touhou Replays

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2014, 07:47:13 PM »
みるふ managed to cap the score counter in PCB Lunatic with MarisaA, as he reached a score of 10,180,331,240 points, and PCB caps at 9,999,999,990 points.

Video links (Nico Nico Douga):
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

The link to the replay is in the description of the first part.

Zil

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2014, 08:37:07 PM »
holy shit

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2014, 10:10:06 PM »
Zil, you didn't know? we posted every fucking link in kusoplay, haha.

The run was amazing to watch. I loved the spellcard values. Delicious, delicious TAS

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2014, 02:18:15 AM »
I uploaded my own single video for the new TAS. You guys are cool with that, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ2MVHDolHY
My Touhou Replays

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2014, 07:32:15 AM »

So after a while without nice TASes, Kopiapoa finished a full run on UFO Lunatic, with a total score of 6,613,087,980; scoring over 1.45 billion above Ansa's run! :getdown:

That shows the big difference between an un-rerecorded and a rerecorded run.

Replay. Hope he puts up a video link soon Video

And for those who don't know, there's a bug in UFO that crashes the game if you get over 1 billion score from a single UFO, so it involves some point management too late in the game.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:27:45 PM by Jirachi »

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2015, 12:57:33 PM »
Bump because I just discovered a TAS of SoEW Extra. Unsurprisingly, it scores much more than the realtime record. What I did find surprising, however, was that the number of point items collected stops at 128. Rather surprising to use a signed byte instead of an unsigned one here. The person's working on MS Extra and their current target score is 220 million.

KirbyComment

• Former disciple Poddophile
    • Twitch
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2015, 05:09:55 PM »
Bump because I just discovered a TAS of SoEW Extra. Unsurprisingly, it scores much more than the realtime record. What I did find surprising, however, was that the number of point items collected stops at 128. Rather surprising to use a signed byte instead of an unsigned one here. The person's working on MS Extra and their current target score is 220 million.
Wow! That is just insane. To mention, the part where the purple birds fly towards you is where you get the most amount of points in the stage by far and it looks like TAS just manipulated the RNG to be perfect. In real time you can't do that, plus ReimuA makes that section alot riskier in real time, hence why the WR is done with ReimuB.

It's interesting to see that these games can be TASed. I'm honestly especially curious how high of a score TAS could get in PoDD...  :3
Latest high-score get! :

SoEW Lunatic ReimuA - 42,942,800 (WR)  - Replay
PoDD Lunatic Mima - 133,650,710 (WR) - Replay
LLS Easy ReimuA - 71,657,220 (WR) - Replay

Zil

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2015, 05:53:02 PM »
Whatever the counterstop is. Wouldn't be very interesting to see, imo.

I'm a bit surprised to hear the target in MS Extra is only 220, as I'd say 210 is within human limits. It would be cool to see how he times the cancels on Alice at least.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2015, 07:50:51 PM »
I wish SoEW's score counted up faster. Interesting just how high TAS luck manipulation can take it-- in hindsight it's not too surprising given how luck-based the stage is in real-time play.

That reminds me, there's a TAS of SoEW Lunatic (Part 1, 2, 3) that wasn't posted here earlier, also by メタモルフォーゼ ("Metamorphose", if I'm reading the katakana correctly). It reaches a score of 47,460,500, but strangely enough, it seems to be of a 3-stage demo. I never realized the PC-98 games even had demos.

Also, if I recall correctly, Emerald posted an unrecorded TAS score of HRtP (using one of the emulators' built-in savestates) before, reaching around 18 million.

I'm curious how high the PC-98 games can go on Lunatic (well PoDD would probably just manipulate first-round Yumemi to last indefinitely, but the others). Aside from HRtP they don't even have serious real-time scores yet to compare to...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 07:53:32 PM by Karisa »

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2015, 05:01:02 AM »

Why is the player trying to graze lots of bullets? I've never heard of anything involving graze.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2015, 05:18:30 AM »
Why is the player trying to graze lots of bullets? I've never heard of anything involving graze.
For entertainment purposes, especially where the grazing will lead to no loss or gain of points.

Also, on the subject of my December TAS, I'll share my screenshot for those who weren't in IRC at the time. There's a good chance it can exceed 18M. I spent my time and effort clearing Makai, so Jigoku is an uncertainty, although it seemed trickier.
The improvements that could be made are a few sacrifices for time bonus, as well as clearing the stages quicker than before and interestingly enough, final boss bullet cancels.

I was also able to produce actual recordings of some perfect stages on another test run being done at 60fps (unlike my 30fps TAS), although the emulator crashed later on and caused the savestates to glitch out. It's generally impossible to perfect under normal conditions due to RNG, thus the emu savestates preserve the saved RNG.

Looks like NP might work better with TAS utilities than my easymode approach, although I can't find any resources on HRtP TAS runs myself.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:39:35 AM by Emerald »

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2015, 02:22:31 AM »
Bump because I just updated my TAS scoreboard with this:

MS:
* Extra - メタモルフォーゼ (2015-06-02) - 257,949,630 - Mima - 25763 - http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26381282

No miss, no bomb. Even with perfect play he still only gets a rating of 194.95 points on the evaluation screen.

KirbyComment

• Twitch
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2015, 10:43:33 PM »
Dang! That looks amazing. I'm looking forward to the full-game TAS (a.k.a Lunatic)
Latest high-score get! :

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2015, 11:44:11 PM »
Bump because I just updated my TAS scoreboard with this:

MS:
* Extra - メタモルフォーゼ (2015-06-02) - 257,949,630 - Mima - 25763 - http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26381282

No miss, no bomb. Even with perfect play he still only gets a rating of 194.95 points on the evaluation screen.

What happens if you reach 360 million?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

KirbyComment

• Twitch
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2015, 02:34:37 PM »
After coming back to SoEW scoring again, I decided to take a look at the runs that would use continues (so basically the TAS).

I figured out that you can get Full Power from just the very first set of enemies alone. You have to kill yourself at 0 lives which drops 5 S-Power Items, then you use a continue and kill 2 enemies per Game Over, which gives you a total of 11 S-Power Items, and 8 of those will give you Full Power (tested on Normal Mode). You can't use 3 continues in a row and then kill 6 enemies. That'll just give you 2 extra S-Power Items.

So doing this for Lunatic would make you lose 2 Point Items I think, but you'd gain points from the Power Items, allowing you to make this value 12,800x4 very quickly. The clear bonus will be lower Point Item-wise, but I'm pretty sure your rank will make the Stage value higher and also the Lives value due to getting one or more extra extends from the extra score, so that should make up for the lost score. I think this would be the most optimal strategy for TAS.
Latest high-score get! :

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2015, 07:40:06 AM »
The wiki seems to have a record level of 504s right now.

Anyway, SoEW Lunatic 84,250,420: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27624547

KirbyComment

• Twitch
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2015, 11:00:44 AM »
Well that surely is interesting. Instead of using continues to get Full Power really early, it instead uses max resources to get more Point Items from the suicides. Though that does lower the clear bonuses a bit, though I'd assume you gain more score from the Point Items. I'm kind of confused as to why he pacifies the Flower Tank's second last phase for like an hour.
Latest high-score get! :

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2015, 02:49:20 PM »
Well that surely is interesting. Instead of using continues to get Full Power really early, it instead uses max resources to get more Point Items from the suicides. Though that does lower the clear bonuses a bit, though I'd assume you gain more score from the Point Items. I'm kind of confused as to why he pacifies the Flower Tank's second last phase for like an hour.

Perhaps to explain some mechanics in the video.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2015, 02:32:35 AM »
I'm kind of confused as to why he pacifies the Flower Tank's second last phase for like an hour.
I'm guessing rank slowly increases over time, so stalling on the first boss maxes out the rank for the clear bonus?

KirbyComment

• Twitch
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2015, 09:52:28 AM »
I'm guessing rank slowly increases over time, so stalling on the first boss maxes out the rank for the clear bonus?

That's what I assumed, considering the rank was maxed out (6,400) when the stage finishes. Seems kind of weird, and also how you have to wait it out for such a long time, but yeah rank would be my best guess too...
Latest high-score get! :

KirbyComment

• Twitch
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2016, 05:28:38 PM »
So someone directed me to this TAS of the demo version of LLS.

The demo seems to have one very interesting difference. That being that there's no graze cap, allowing this run to get graze numbers way into the thousands. This run also Game Overs at 99,999,990 on purpose, so I assume the demo didn't have a way to display values above that and maybe in the demo the game would crash or something if it went above that number. It's also pretty cool to see the differences in this demo version in general, as some visual effects and some patterns seem to be alot different.
Latest high-score get! :

Das

• w e w
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2016, 06:21:01 PM »
Glad to see you posted this here (Its Pearlescent v: )

However I find it odd how that TAS isnt on Arcorann's page, maybe it's due to it being the trial version and not the full game, but I atleast expected a notable mention of sorts somewhere.
I'm not sure if the game crashes past 100m or he just decided to game over at 99,999,990 on purpose to be cheeky. Perhaps someone could possibly look into this?

It'd be interesting to see what the full game would be like if there was no graze cap. I can imagine scores being much higher if this was the case.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2016, 06:41:23 PM »
I'm not sure if the game crashes past 100m or he just decided to game over at 99,999,990 on purpose to be cheeky. Perhaps someone could possibly look into this?
This is the same player メタモルフォーゼ (Metamorphose) as the other PC-98 TASes, so they'd clearly know that LLS and MS go into letter scores from 100m onward. I'd assume either this demo crashes, or loops back to 0 after 99,999,990.

Maybe the description explains it? I barely know any Japanese, and Google Translate didn't really help, but from looking up the kanji, I think this says that the 9th digit of the score is invisible?
④スコアの9桁目が存在しない