Author Topic: [Art] Hinacle's Fancy (Not Really) Thread~  (Read 2575 times)

[Art] Hinacle's Fancy (Not Really) Thread~
« on: February 06, 2013, 11:51:26 PM »
Hellooooo there~
I'm gonna be posting sketches in here whenever I remember to do so. I have two so far. They're my first attempts at One-Point and Two-Point perspective.

I need some help on this one I need a theme for this house (I.e Victorian). And fix some errors (dat driveway) and then shade it.
And then the second thing I have to show is thiiiiiis:

I still need to finish it in-case you can't tell. I need to turn that rectangle into a bus annnnd it's giving me trouble. Also I need to shade it too. I'll probably ask the kid that sits next to me for help. Now that I think about it I need to also finish that sketch of that room. Uuuuh, that's about it.

Any tips or critique for a newbie to perspective? I want to get better at this because for once I'm actually having fun drawing things.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: [Art] Hinacle's Fancy (Not Really) Thread~
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 12:30:06 AM »
For that first one, are those walls supposed to be slanty, or is that 3-point perspective?
2-point perspectives have no 3rd point( or should I say the 3rd perspective is infinitely far away) so straight walls should be parallel to each other, and perpendicular to the "ground". If you just Google "2 point perspective", you can see that the buildings' walls are straight up and down, and parallel to each other.
Perhaps it's just me?
Keep up the good work~
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 12:35:52 AM »
For that first one, are those walls supposed to be slanty, or is that 3-point perspective?
2-point perspectives have no 3rd point( or should I say the 3rd perspective is infinitely far away) so straight walls should be parallel to each other, and perpendicular to the "ground". If you just Google "2 point perspective", you can see that the buildings' walls are straight up and down, and parallel to each other.
Perhaps it's just me?
Keep up the good work~

Ahh I see. I'll try fixing those errors and post updated picture. Thank you~
E: It might be the angle of where I took the pics for the first one.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:42:35 AM by Hinacle »

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 09:32:42 AM »
Try to start from a large box approximating your shape. Place it that way that it will seem right. Then, mark vanishing points.
That way you will probably fix this distortion effects.

Also, many FPS offer good practice for perspective drawing.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »
I like the first one, but the lefty point of the building looks a bit exagerated, and I can't really suggest any improvements on the second one. Nice work~
Now draw some Touhou >:3