Author Topic: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion  (Read 371833 times)

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
Re: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion
« Reply #840 on: December 29, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »
I was actually thinking of this, how likely would it be for Iku to make a comeback in this game since she's the Dragon's spokesperson and this is a Religious battle? The Dragon, being Gensokyo's Deity, should also live off of Faith, no?
I'm kinda guessing here, but I think the diety of gensokyo would have the ability to base his existence on something a little more reliable than faith. Gensokyo would essentially fall into a horrible state of anarchy if the dragons were to disappear because they lost too much faith.  :V
I finally got ahead!

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #841 on: December 29, 2012, 04:00:36 AM »
wait just curious but which day in Comiket is 13.5 coming out again? was it the 31st?

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #842 on: December 29, 2012, 04:05:44 AM »
I think Touhou-related things come out at the second day.
It's December 30th.
Signature

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #843 on: December 29, 2012, 04:24:32 AM »
Sungho's right, it's on the 30th.
Two (almost one, at this rate) more days until the trial of Hopeless Masquerade and the fangame Phantasmal Summoners. So excited~!
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #844 on: December 29, 2012, 05:10:32 AM »
I'm kinda guessing here, but I think the diety of gensokyo would have the ability to base his existence on something a little more reliable than faith. Gensokyo would essentially fall into a horrible state of anarchy if the dragons were to disappear because they lost too much faith.  :V

True, but at the same time I remember somewhere it was mentioned that there was a huge Dragon Statue in the middle of the Human Village and people constantly prayed at it.

I might be wrong though, I don't remember where I got this information.

UTW

« Reply #845 on: December 29, 2012, 05:25:35 AM »
It's 2 PM on the 29th there now, so just under a day until doors open, with information leaking out not very long after. After all there were people beating TD and drawing art the morning of and we knew all there was to know by the afternoon.

True, but at the same time I remember somewhere it was mentioned that there was a huge Dragon Statue in the middle of the Human Village and people constantly prayed at it.

I might be wrong though, I don't remember where I got this information.

It's in PMiSS.

Dragon is everything Gensokyo is based on. The Dragon and creation myth just "is". It's more than a state religion. It's a fact of life, as far as anyone is concerned, I imagine. Everyone prays to Dragon already. Whether he has a representative or not in this duel, faith in him won't falter or increase. He doesn't need faith, or converts, but the other upstarts certainly do.

Besides, if there's someone to best represent faith in Dragon and faith in Gensokyo, as a result, it's not Iku. It's Reimu, no matter what her title here or anyone in Gensokyo says.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:31:30 AM by UTW »

« Reply #846 on: December 29, 2012, 06:22:12 AM »
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but fighting games don't have extra stages...
Spoiler:
Unless Mima breaks that trend, cuz she's Mima... :V

Sugoi! Arcana Heart 2?
Spoiler:
Mimacelsia?
:p
(not exactly a proper Extra Stage, though, as in, one long stage with a long boss fight instead of a 5/6 stage run)

or, if she's not an extra boss fight, or an extra stage fight, secret playable character, she can still be a score attack boss :p
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #847 on: December 29, 2012, 08:28:39 AM »
Besides, if there's someone to best represent faith in Dragon and faith in Gensokyo, as a result, it's not Iku. It's Reimu, no matter what her title here or anyone in Gensokyo says.

No, it's Iku, Iku is a direct emissary of the Dragon. Reimu has nothing to do with it except it last being seen when the Hakurei Barrier was made.

Also, Iku could be involved to stop people's faith leaving the dragon. Stop people converting.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #848 on: December 29, 2012, 12:45:24 PM »
Pretty sure there's a line somewhere where either Yukari or a youkai says it doesn't matter how much faith Reimu has, as long as the barrier holds. Actually, maybe it was in a SWR ending in regards to the shrine being destroyed over and over.  The only one who's really annoyed about the lack of faith in the Hakurei Shrine is Reimu and the Hakurei shrine god (the latter being actually stated in an intro to a game somewhere. It's cited in the wiki). I thus highly doubt the dragon would be represented by Reimu.

Also, I never said the dragon NEEDED faith.  Course, there's nothing to prove it likes its worship too, admittingly,
Spoiler:
but I'm about as interested in proving that statement as I am in proving Meiling is a dragon or Mima is the Hakurei shrine god.  IE, not very.

« Reply #849 on: December 29, 2012, 01:00:43 PM »
Spoiler:
but I'm about as interested in proving that statement as I am in proving Meiling is a dragon or Mima is the Hakurei shrine god.  IE, not very.

Why Mima is the goddess of Hakurei:
Quote from: Touhou wiki
Originally, she is sealed in the hokora attached to the shrine, but she manages to repeatedly break free of the seal.
Apparently, she is quite knowledgeable about the past of the Hakurei Shrine, even down to knowing exactly what the function of the Yin-Yang Orbs is. In her profiles, she is described as being a "deity-like existence" of the shrine
She is like the deity (evil deity) of the Shrine by now, but her personality is more human-ish than human.

But to be realistic... Yes, Mima won't be coming back and is not related to the Hakurei deity.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #850 on: December 29, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »
No, it's Iku, Iku is a direct emissary of the Dragon.
She's a Messenger of the Dragon Palace (aka an oarfish). That's something completely different.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #851 on: December 29, 2012, 08:58:22 PM »
Hey all, I'm opening up #touhouwiki on irc.ppirc.net as HM demo spoiler/discussion zone, also to help update HM wiki articles as fast as possible.  Please join~

« Reply #852 on: December 30, 2012, 12:45:24 AM »
Just the best character confirmed for the demo.

« Reply #853 on: December 30, 2012, 12:53:03 AM »
Nice Ichirin.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #854 on: December 30, 2012, 12:55:54 AM »

JOYOUS DAY

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle

« Reply #856 on: December 30, 2012, 01:09:50 AM »

Fuck.

Yes.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #857 on: December 30, 2012, 01:17:52 AM »

This means only one thing!

UNZAN BROFISTS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #858 on: December 30, 2012, 01:30:42 AM »
RESOUNDING APPROVAL.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #859 on: December 30, 2012, 01:39:58 AM »
On the day I will be able to get my hands on the demo, the prophecy shall become true!

It shall rain brofists.

« Reply #860 on: December 30, 2012, 01:44:34 AM »
I'm looking forward to watching the players who are really good at fighting games post videos once the full version comes out.  Though I'll have fun with it too despite my clumsiness at the fighting genre (I still love to play them).

« Reply #861 on: December 30, 2012, 01:58:38 AM »

Some varying levels of OH GOD WANT SO MUCH.

« Reply #862 on: December 30, 2012, 02:11:13 AM »
Dragon is everything Gensokyo is based on. The Dragon and creation myth just "is". It's more than a state religion. It's a fact of life, as far as anyone is concerned, I imagine. Everyone prays to Dragon already. Whether he has a representative or not in this duel, faith in him won't falter or increase. He doesn't need faith, or converts, but the other upstarts certainly do.

No, if the Dragon god was a religion, which I don't believe it is, Iku would represent it. Reimu already has a god of sorts, but she doesn't even worship that. Reimu is more likely to fight the Dragon god than to worship it.

Also, not everyone prays to the Dragon god, it was pretty clear that the only reason why people pray to that statue was because of its weather gimmick.

She's a Messenger of the Dragon Palace (aka an oarfish). That's something completely different.

She works for the Dragon god. She would be the most likely candidate if worshipping the Dragon god was a religion, which I don't think it is.

Why Mima is the goddess of Hakurei:

Yukari knows far more about gods and the Hakurei shrine than Mima. You could actually see Yukari teaching Reimu about gods and the like.

« Reply #863 on: December 30, 2012, 02:17:06 AM »
BROFISTS. Joyous day indeed.
The fourth character will probably be a taoist. Tojiko?

« Reply #864 on: December 30, 2012, 02:22:24 AM »

Yeah, yeah I know I'm late.

« Reply #865 on: December 30, 2012, 02:24:31 AM »
If Youmu isn't in...

But SHE WILL MAKE IT!!!
...Somehow!

UTW

« Reply #866 on: December 30, 2012, 02:31:01 AM »
I wanted to hijack and clarify what I said before the flood comes. Admittedly it is a whole lot of speculation, but my point wasn't about Reimu or rather the Hakurei's personal position and relation with the Dragon. Yes, Iku is technically closer, working for the Palace and all, but it's rather about who embodies what. It's who is ultimately best suited to represent Dragon and Gensokyo, if not in official stance, then in spirit.

Gensokyo needs Dragon and the Hakurei Barrier, which likely couldn't have been formed without Dragon. Gensokyo needs the Barrier which needed Dragon, to last. Gensokyo and the Barrier are essentially the Dragon's whim, its existence, with a few others, and its lasting legacy, Gensokyo, the Barrier, the Dragon, it's essentially all as one. And whatever the Hakurei does and their duties entail, they're dedicated to the lasting of the Barrier, and so come to embody Gensokyo and the Dragon's legacy itself.

Also, yeah, I doubt the Dragon cares about faith, because like I said, there's no faith to be gained or lost, necessarily. As far as anyone is concerned, it's fact. Is there any doubt the Founding Fathers formed the USA? Unless you're a conspiracy nut, no, not really. The belief, faith, or rather the truth that Dragon had some huge hand in forming Gensokyo and owes its existence to him wouldn't be altered by someone also choosing to follow Reimu or Byakuren or whoever. As I said, it just "is", no matter what.

Now back to the demo release. Ichirin's new costume is pretty damn cool. She was on my wantlist, so I'm looking forward to playing as her. Too bad I likely won't be able to run the thing until an upgrade of some kind.

« Reply #867 on: December 30, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »
Those are some serious eyelashes.

I guess it will sky rocket Ichirin's popularity if she is to be the mouthpiece of Myouren.
No longer simply Unzan's hitbox.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #868 on: December 30, 2012, 02:43:05 AM »
Those are some serious eyelashes.

...I thought she had giant brows, but you're right, those ARE eyelashes. Uuuugh, what kind of monstrosity is this!? Dx

Thanks god her costume is awesome. Alternate costumes are something that happens very very rarely in Touhou.

« Reply #869 on: December 30, 2012, 02:44:39 AM »