Author Topic: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion  (Read 371902 times)

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
Re: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion
« Reply #720 on: December 19, 2012, 02:42:59 PM »
Spoiler:
two other maids
Spoiler:
Y..Yumeko and Kana?!

Also some questions about the flight system's been answered if somebody could translate:
・地面無いの?
A床はあります。と行っても床バウンドやられ程度しか
 ゲームには影響しないので演出的な物ですね

・上下に動けるんですか?
A上下が急上昇急降下のコマンドになっていて、自由に上下に行けます
 ただ軸をずらして留まり続ける事はシステム的に難しくなってます
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:54:06 PM by KFCbbQ »

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #721 on: December 19, 2012, 03:35:29 PM »
Spoiler:
Y..Yumeko and Kana?!
Kana's not a maid.

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
« Reply #722 on: December 19, 2012, 04:09:21 PM »
Kana's not a maid.
Kana wears a maid costume, just like the one from the screenshot.

Marisa needs to gtfo so I can see their faces.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:13:20 PM by KFCbbQ »

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #723 on: December 19, 2012, 09:08:30 PM »
excuse me but what does win the approval of audience mean?izzit like a fan poll for the next character or something

No, it's a mechanic of the game. What it does and how it works, nobody knows. It'll be according to the respect humans will have for you during your battle. Impress them and stuff.

and by the way if u notice remilia is not carrying an umbrella and sakuya is clearly holding a teapot instead of an umbrella

And she's under the shade of a tree.

Hakurou Tengu

• End of Daylight
  • Pi-hyarara~ Pi-hyarara~
« Reply #724 on: December 19, 2012, 09:20:43 PM »
So there is a character building system then? Well, I'm satisfied now. I'm assuming the audience members there is the crowd you're trying to please during the fight. If I had to guess, they won't be playable?

I'm liking the art so far. Can't wait to see what we can find out in the new year~
~We?re the only ones who can decide whether something was fortunate or unfortunate. It all depends on whether we find a new vision born within a different perspective~

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #725 on: December 19, 2012, 09:31:10 PM »
Also some questions about the flight system's been answered if somebody could translate:

Q - Is there no ground?
A - The floor exists, but it doesn't influence the game aside from being a floor boundary.

Q - Can you move up and down?
A - Using commands to steeply and and fall, you can move up and down freely.  However, the system will make maintaining the movement of the axis difficult.

Someone else could probably do a better job of this, but here's a quick one.

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #726 on: December 20, 2012, 12:57:03 AM »
Isnt' more likely that anyone who appears as an audience member is likely confirmed to NOT be playable?  That's the case with most fighting games, I thought. All those characters so far as audience members wouldn't really fit in to the religion wars story anyways, I think.

To be perfectly honest, it would strike me as a huge surprise if Remilia of all people were not to appear. She is a rather popular character so I don't see why you would remove her. To be fair, it is true you can use the slot to put in new characters to keep it fresh; but I'm certain many people are going to be disappointed.

(PATCHY NO!!!)  :ohdear:
I finally got ahead!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #727 on: December 20, 2012, 12:59:10 AM »
To be perfectly honest, it would strike me as a huge surprise if Remilia of all people were not to appear. She is a rather popular character so I don't see why you would remove her. To be fair, it is true you can use the slot to put in new characters to keep it fresh; but I'm certain many people are going to be disappointed.

(PATCHY NO!!!)  :ohdear:

But I don't think anyone is MORE fitting to be removed than Remilia; She's probably the number one resident in Gensokyo when it comes to not giving a damn about religion or humans, the two main theme of the game. I can't see it any other way than removing her.

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #728 on: December 20, 2012, 01:10:42 AM »
About the vertical movement mechanic and it being "hard" to keep movement up; it seems to be something more about how you can dive down and rise up, but the game returns naturally to an even plane, like a magnet keeping the players from staying too far distant from one another vertically. Something like River Mist weather I'd think, except vertical.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #729 on: December 20, 2012, 03:17:32 AM »
I don't know why or how having Remi or anyone would keep other characters out.  I mean it's a fighter and Touhou, so the more characters the better right?  Even if some character wind up as clones of one another, it shouldn't bother people too much.  And with this new customization thingie even if they start out as clones it doesn't mean they'll stay that way.  Even online if you end up in mirror match it doesn't mean you'll be fighting the same character.  So yeah, I'd be favor of the entire cast of Soku returning and then some.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #730 on: December 20, 2012, 03:40:34 AM »
Depends on how much work they save from bringing a previous character.
If reusing a previous character saves a lot of time compared to making a new character from scratch,
bringing most of the previous characters will expand the roster by quite a lot.

I think making the sprites is most of the bulk of making a character, (correct me if I'm wrong)
so reusing previous characters wouldn't mean that it will become a larger roster.
Signature

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #731 on: December 20, 2012, 04:27:03 AM »
Keep in mind that this game is built from scratch, so even returning characters will take the same amount of time to make as new ones.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #732 on: December 20, 2012, 07:11:09 AM »
TBH, even if a character has been seen in the background, it does not mean they aren't a playable character.  All tasofro would have to do is not have them be in the background if they are being used by either player.

Unless everyone in the background is static.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #733 on: December 20, 2012, 07:21:17 AM »
TBH, even if a character has been seen in the background, it does not mean they aren't a playable character.  All tasofro would have to do is not have them be in the background if they are being used by either player.

Unless everyone in the background is static.

While I do agree that it's a possibility, I can't think of any reasons as to why the SDM would get involved with a faith related event that tries to gain the love of humans.

I think we can pretty much take it for granted that they won't be playable.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #734 on: December 20, 2012, 03:14:58 PM »
But I don't think anyone is MORE fitting to be removed than Remilia; She's probably the number one resident in Gensokyo when it comes to not giving a damn about religion or humans, the two main theme of the game. I can't see it any other way than removing her.

You know, except she feeds on human blood, and has religious motifs.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #735 on: December 20, 2012, 03:17:03 PM »
HM opening and gameplay video.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #736 on: December 20, 2012, 03:23:58 PM »
Why do I have the feeling that Reimu and Marisa are going to be the only playable characters in the demo?

And you think we can assume that Shou, Byakuren, Miko, and Futo are going to be playable, judging from the intro?  And Unzan...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 03:32:10 PM by game2011 »

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #737 on: December 20, 2012, 04:01:53 PM »

Dat Colorful Path remix.

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
« Reply #738 on: December 20, 2012, 04:46:15 PM »
Back to the IAMP spellcard system, I see...

« Reply #739 on: December 20, 2012, 04:54:27 PM »
This looks epic, and I really like the new spritework.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #740 on: December 20, 2012, 05:12:59 PM »
and by the way if u notice remilia is not carrying an umbrella and sakuya is clearly holding a teapot instead of an umbrella
This has happened before. I don't quite remember the conditions but Remilia can... survive in sunlight.

Those two maids in the background, could they be, Sunny Milk and Star Sapphire. I think I see Sunny's wings, and this wouldn't be an unusual location for them to be, although the clothes are different.

I think the audience is a great idea. I was just thinking about this the other day.

« Reply #741 on: December 20, 2012, 05:16:32 PM »
This has happened before. I don't quite remember the conditions but Remilia can... survive in sunlight.

Those two maids in the background, could they be, Sunny Milk and Star Sapphire. I think I see Sunny's wings, and this wouldn't be an unusual location for them to be, although the clothes are different.

I think the audience is a great idea. I was just thinking about this the other day.
If you look the OP,  those two maids are just your typical fairy maids (and other one of them is holding umbrella for Remi).
The three fairies can be seen at the background right from Chen and Ran.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #742 on: December 20, 2012, 05:35:38 PM »
I noticed that the stars in Marisa's spirit gauge show 'something', but Reimu doesn't seen to have anything like it. Or my eyes aren't good enough.

I will state here that I do not wish to see the Stage 2 boss, Stage 3 boss, Stage 4 boss, Stage 5 boss, or the Stage 6 boss of 東方紅魔郷 ~ Embodiment of Scarlet Devil as a playable character in this game. Overrated as heck.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that my laptop won't be able to withstand such high quality. Should have options to turn off the audience.
Using some faulty logic, one can guess that the full game won't come out before the next shooter game, and ZUN always releases his game in Summer Comiket,
so I won't be too surprised if the full game comes out 12 months later.
Hopefully I would get a better laptop then.
Signature

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #743 on: December 20, 2012, 05:54:38 PM »
Oh man, I'm so psyched for this. I never thought I'd be this excited for a fighting game release, but this looks too fun to pass up. :D

Also, I find the logic that "it'd upset fans if she weren't in" rather naive. In 17 years, I can't think of a single instance where that has ever influenced ZUN's decisions.

It's most likely that the character roster will mostly consist of characters from the four main faith factions, since that alone would make a pretty big amount. Counting Reimu and Marisa as givens, and if you were to use all the characters from the Moriya, Buddhist, and Taoist groups (unlikely, but just in theory), you'd come to about 16 characters, 15 if Yoshika were made to be an assist character for Seiga. There is room for some wild cards, though. You never know.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #744 on: December 20, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »
My favourite thing from the intro is probably the Derpy looking Unzan XD

Also one thing I noticed during the actual gameplay was a "Stun" % that seems to fill up rather quickly compaired to the "Rate" % and I'm guessing the "Rate" % is like the new name for the "Limit" % that was used in I&MP, SWR and Soku.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 06:05:46 PM by Zork787 »
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

marukyuu

• "Why always ATAI?"
  • The strongest striker...?
« Reply #745 on: December 20, 2012, 06:32:07 PM »
I'm guessing the "Rate" % is like the new name for the "Limit" % that was used in I&MP, SWR and Soku.
I'm pretty sure that "Rate %" is proration/damage scaling.
<-- Sig by Suikama

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #746 on: December 20, 2012, 06:52:45 PM »
I noticed that the stars in Marisa's spirit gauge show 'something', but Reimu doesn't seen to have anything like it. Or my eyes aren't good enough.

I will state here that I do not wish to see the Stage 2 boss, Stage 3 boss, Stage 4 boss, Stage 5 boss, or the Stage 6 boss of 東方紅魔郷 ~ Embodiment of Scarlet Devil as a playable character in this game.
I too would like them to put Rumia into a fighting game. :3

As for the spirit gauge, Marisa did do something at about 1:21 that removed all the stars, but I couldn't see what that did, other than a sound and a flash.

Badass bookworms

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #747 on: December 20, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »
FIGHTING GAEM BRAKEDOWNS
0:46 Reimu taking shrine maiden duty seriously, Marisa is in deep thought then poses like a body builder. (CHOMARISA)
0:57 Marisa trades a bullet with Reimu melee
1:03 Some sort of rising broom slash attack. Does not look safe at all, could probably be used as a punish if you're below someone.
1:04 Melee combo system seems to be an autocombo system like Hisouten, except you choose your direction for the ender. Like Meiling from Hisoutensoku, I guess. Reimu does a ground bounce ender, links with amulet, then does wall bounce ender into youkai buster for hard 'knockdown'
1:08 Yeah, most of us were right about dizzy being hard knockdown. Look at all the time you have to set up okizeme, that's actually sorta sickening.
1:11 Marisa has a divekick? That hitbox was downright obnoxious, Reimu wasn't even touching the broom, and then she canceled it into that broom slash thing.
1:22 Marisa does some sort of shiny thing that turns her entire meter red, then she immediately uses Patchy's old 421 crystal rain...except it has a hitbox going up. That could be some silly okizeme right there. Probably some sort of move swap system? Also made me notice how Marisa's stars in her mana meter slowly light up from red to yellow to blue, and when she does get blue she does the shiny thing. which burns all of the stars. Gonna guess that it's an EX meter of some sort.
1:30 Dash attack into wall bounce, link with small talismans, autocombo into ground bounce finisher, links to large amulet, doesn't finish the combo.
1:34 Marisa declares.
1:35 marisaaliens.jpg, note how that sorta froze time.
1:40 As expected, that slash thing is not particularly safe.
1:47 Was that a fucking guard cancel into projectiles into spellcard? Wasn't fast enough to actually hit Reimu, but that would be interesting as hell if you could burn meter in blockstun to let you do something.
1:50 Blazing Star recovery is ass, full Reimu punish, same combo from 1:04 except closer to the screen
2:02 lol wake up dream seal.

attacks seem to do blue and red damage. Red damage is just normal, blue fills up to the limit of the white and is filled by doing and receiving damage. once it's entirely blue, you are allowed to declare; Marisa pops her declaration immediately after going full blue. Which means when people start getting low hp, SUPERS EVERYWHERE. Basic breakdown, I guess.

Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #748 on: December 20, 2012, 07:38:49 PM »
Which means when people start getting low hp, SUPERS EVERYWHERE. Basic breakdown, I guess.
I immediately thought of the main shooters again when I read this - you know how characters like to start up Spellcards when each healthbar gets low? Maybe Tasofro really is trying to bridge a gap with the shooters here. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it, who knows. :V
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:40:49 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #749 on: December 20, 2012, 07:46:44 PM »
Marisa pops her declaration immediately after going full blue. Which means when people start getting low hp, SUPERS EVERYWHERE. Basic breakdown, I guess.
soooo CvS2 S-groove? :V