Author Topic: [Diablo 3] In anticipation of May 15...  (Read 64871 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: [Diablo 3] In anticipation of May 15...
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »
Seeing that I won't be hitting Inferno yet for another 20 years, I guess this should be fine.

Merp

« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2012, 03:56:47 AM »
I hear they are gonna nerf act 2 inferno difficulty
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2012, 04:39:41 AM »
Not just Act 2, it's also Act 3 and 4 in said difficulty that are getting nerfed according to this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012#blog

So there you go, although IAS is going to get reduced in return due to the nerfs to these act in Inferno.

« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2012, 09:58:51 AM »
Just a quick one about the Wizard, I don't use anything that requires me to stand around. Standing around is generally a bad idea in the later difficulties. The mana cost for Arcane Orb can be lowered till it's spammable, so my main skills are Magic Missile (for mana recovery), Arcane Orb (main damage dealer), Venom Hydra (passive damage dealer), Blizzard (for kiting), Diamond Skin and lastly either Frost Nova or Magic Weapon or Teleport depending on the area I'm playing in.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2012, 10:10:57 AM »
Well I tried out Edible's suggestion but I am still getting destroyed. Standing still is indeed something I don't like either. I think I will revert back to my massive spells method. Aph, so you're using the recover arcane on the magic missile? ( I need a better weapon that isn't so slow with attacking. My current staff is 1.00 orz )

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »
Slow attack speed is fine, as long as your build isn't reliant on spamming a signature spell.

« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2012, 04:18:05 PM »
1.00 is fine if you're relying on cast and forget spells like Blizzard and Hydra. But to make Magic Missile's mana recovery work and boost the Arcane Orb spam, you need much better attack speed. I'm using a 1.62 attacks per second sword (it has some IAS on it) together with some other IAS gear. It really helps feed the arcane orb spam, which in turn helps slow down mobs with that passive, and makes it slightly easier to kite champion packs and kill them.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2012, 04:29:03 PM »
Which Arcane Orb rune are you using? The obliteration (dmg inc) one or the nova that increases the aoe blast radius?

« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2012, 04:53:41 PM »
The one that reduces its mana cost to 20, allowing me to spam it 6 or 7 times in a row :D

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2012, 06:45:38 PM »
What passives? Arcane presence I found useful due to the life orbs. But the other two I got cold dmg increase and glass cannon.

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2012, 08:47:20 PM »
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acQXR!YU!YYYab
This build requires you to be level 45.

The fourth skill slot can be filled in with Force Weapon for more damage, Frost Nova or Blizzard with Frozen Solid if you're having difficulties with kiting, or a variant of Energy Armor. The last passive can either Illusionist for when shit hits the fan and there's a champion pack about to rip your face off, Astral Presence for maximum orb spam, or Blur for a flat reduction to melee damage.

Energy Armor with Force Armor and Illusionist is highly recommended at 54 and above. Arcane Orb can be runed with Obliterate, Tap the Source, or Celestial Orb. I prefer Celestial Orb since the orb can damage a whole group of mobs instead of the first thing the orb makes contact with.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UimXSj!YXa!aZZaZa
This was my build on my Nightmare playthrough. Disintegrate with Chaos Nexus just demolishes everything. Against champion packs, I blow Archon Form and burn them down. If they get close, teleport away and keep blasting them until nothing remains. If things aren't looking so great, cancel Archon Form and run like hell. It's time to change to a new tactic. Against champion packs without Archon Form available, I kite them around until Diamond Skin is up. Once activated, I get a few seconds of free damage on the pack. At 2 seconds remaining, start kiting again until Diamond Skin is back up. Repeat until they're dead or when Archon Form is back up.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2012, 08:59:12 PM »
Pretty much the first one you're showing is what I am using, except for the lvl 45 ability, need 2 levels for that.

As we speak, I just found a bow which is better than my staff and has IAS modifier on it. Suddenly from 1,00 to 1,58 feels great :V (logically need to find a good one handed though for now, this is fine).

D8ms

• Oriental
    • saigyouji.net
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2012, 09:22:50 PM »
I hear they are gonna nerf act 2 inferno difficulty

And spike the repair cost up to 10x

Act 4 inferno is going to be no man's land, and it's probably going to significantly cut into my pony profit since the strategy I follow for packs is "Lure them into a dark corner and pray they stay there"

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2012, 07:25:33 AM »
Inferno Diablo down!!! Solo run with Monk.

Pics included. Only 639 all resists, but I stacked a ton of HP, 61k, to do it. My sword is a blue 979 dps with 1.62 aspd. No Life on Hit was used.

Deadly Reach w/ Keen Eye
Sweeping Wind w/ Blade Storm
Mantra of Evasion w/ Hard Target
Breath of Heaven w/ Blazing Wrath
Blinding Flash w/ Self Reflection
Serenity w/ Peaceful Repose

One With Everything
Transcendence
Seize The Initiative

HOORAY!!!!!

« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2012, 05:09:44 PM »
how did you get 3 defensive skills at the same time?

edit: nvm i saw an option for full customization