Author Topic: [WC3 - Dots] General discussion thread III  (Read 218105 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: [WC3 - Dots] General discussion thread III
« Reply #480 on: March 29, 2012, 05:53:15 AM »
A template wont work then since everyone has different skill descriptions, this is only if want to edit the values. Unless we created a template for every girl....no
A template will work if you do it the way Momiji and me tried for items. You can set a field for descriptions as well. It is just effort to setup at first but becomes quite easy once you're there. The question simply if we want to effort or not. (Because I still suck at making templates)

:derp: chinese people got is easy, take screen shots -> done
We should all learn chinese and dump the wiki!!!

« Reply #481 on: March 29, 2012, 01:07:26 PM »
I must be getting confused, do you mean values like within the descriptions(damage mpcost)or like strength, movement speed.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/User:Dr_Rawr

edited it more, i guess we can use a template if youre thinking the exact same thing as im thinking.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:45:47 PM by Dr Rawr »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #482 on: March 30, 2012, 07:12:34 AM »
I must be getting confused, do you mean values like within the descriptions(damage mpcost)or like strength, movement speed.
Check what I did for the items. This is what I am talking about:

Code: [Select]
{{Dots/Items
| image = [[File:MAGICSHROOM_KEBAB.jpg]]
| name = Magicshroom Kebab
| cost = 245
| totalcost = 580
| recipe = Saigyouji Branch, Magicshroom
| stats = +4 STR, +3 All stats.
| effect = Eat (active): Permanently increases 3 STR.
| note = Disappears after usage.
}}

Edit:
Instead of fooling around with tables and chance of breaking up the entire layout, we should create a skill-template (like playdota does) so each ability is listed in a different cell with nice smooth looking borders. That way you can easily edit skills individually as well. The only main problem is the parameters for the skill templates. Not all skills have the same layout or setup. This needs careful brainstorming to avoid constant template editing.

Notes for the skills should be directly under the skills and not at the bottom for "girl notes".

The only most interesting stat data we should include is:  STR, AGI, INT (and their grows), MS, range and possibly flavour text (Carry, tank, initiator).

So probably something like this (exact layout to be discussed):
// skill 1
{{Dots/heroes/skills
| image = <image> | name = skillname | type = active/passive/toggle
| description = <des>
| < br space >
| castrange = x/x/x/x
| aoe = x/x/x/x
| spirit = x/x/x/x
| cd = x
| < br space >
| lvl1 =
| lvl 2 =
| lvl 3 =
| lvl 4 =
}}
// etc

A template means all skills are consistently the same in layout and descriptions. I remember I had to run through all girls to edit out Manacost to Spiritcost and  Level - to Level: etc etc. Small details, but yea, OCD.

Although I am not quite sure if this is going to grant us efficiency.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:41:57 AM by Helepolis »

« Reply #483 on: March 30, 2012, 02:09:37 PM »
btw the item template IS a table :V.
{| cellpadding="3" style="background-color: #ffffff; border: 1px solid #aaaaaa; margin: 0 0 1em 1em; border-collapse: collapse;"
|- style="vertical-align: top;"
| rowspan="5" style="background-color: #cedaff; width: 1%;" |{{{image}}}
! style="background-color: #cedaff; text-align: right; width: 12%;" | Name:
| style="border-left: 1px solid #aaaaaa;" | {{{name}}} ({{{cost}}}) <span style="font-weight: bold;">({{{totalcost}}})</span>
! style="background-color: #cedaff; text-align: right;" | Recipe:
| style="border-left: 1px solid #aaaaaa;" | {{{recipe}}}
! style="background-color: #cedaff; text-align: right;" | Effect:
| style="border-left: 1px solid #aaaaaa;" | {{{stats}}}
! style="background-color: #cedaff; text-align: right;" | Special:
| style="border-left: 1px solid #aaaaaa;" | {{{effect}}}
! style="background-color: #cedaff; text-align: right;" | Note:
| style="border-left: 1px solid #aaaaaa; color: red; font-weight: bold;" | {{{note}}}
|}</includeonly>
table^

I guess i could mess with my layout more to add skill notes to the bottom. Also another reason i wanted the new layout is because of the soon to be unique stat gains on level up such as attackspeed, armour, mp regen, etc. Wanted it so that we would have little trouble adding those in.

What im thinking is we leave the descriptions as a whole in the template and not separate anything from it. We can do everything else in its own parameter,

« Reply #484 on: April 01, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »
I'd hold off on that stuff just yet if I were you guys. Probably those who were on IRC a night or two ago would've seen me link a thread on touhou.cc and explain a bit of the drama going on in the dev group. Now I'm not even sure if 2 versions down, it'll still be the same map, or if I'm even going to be working on the map anymore, or if there'll be 2 versions of the map, etc. In fact, I wonder if 0.982 will still be released as planned.

On the other hand,

Patchouli: Oh looky, I have so many new skills!
Alice: O RLY? MORE THAN MINE?

FFUUU~~~
(That's not from Patchouli. That's from me.)

Well, Alice can finally use her Grimoire. It's good for more than magic stuff. She can smack you with it at melee range for a stun. :|
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:53:07 PM by ApharmdB »

« Reply #485 on: April 01, 2012, 12:56:18 PM »
I think it's alright to plan these template early since it'll be use anyway after the new release of the map

ps.even it'll delayed

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #486 on: April 01, 2012, 07:52:39 PM »
or if I'm even going to be working on the map anymore.

With the sensible guy gone, time to power up ALL THE WAIFUS!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #487 on: April 02, 2012, 06:36:49 AM »
Patchouli: Oh looky, I have so many new skills!
Alice: O RLY? MORE THAN MINE?
Invoker Pache incoming. Watch warmly.

Also yesterday we had a 5vs5 DotS. Yes, you heard that right. A 5vs5 DotS.

« Reply #488 on: April 02, 2012, 07:04:20 AM »
Invoker Pache incoming. Watch warmly.

Also yesterday we had a 5vs5 DotS. Yes, you heard that right. A 5vs5 DotS.

Patchy has 5 Philosopher's Stones to work with yes?

Alice = SEVEN-coloured puppeteer.

Unfortunately if things don't get resolved soon, DotS 1.00 will be coming much sooner than expected, not that it wasn't already on the horizon before this. But it's complicated and I'll probably explain more on IRC if people ask instead of posting such things on a forum (also because I'm kinda unwilling to commit to certain things...)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:06:58 AM by ApharmdB »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #489 on: April 02, 2012, 10:24:37 AM »
Why would they give Alice 7 types of elements. Just because she is a seven coloured puppeteer? I find it quite awkward to be honest. Afaik, she has nothing to do with the elements in the fighting games or regular games.

« Reply #490 on: April 02, 2012, 10:29:31 AM »
7 types of dolls x_x

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #491 on: April 02, 2012, 11:32:16 AM »
Why not give Eirin an interactive inventory then. Make it so her team can buy heal/buff potions from her

« Reply #492 on: April 02, 2012, 03:20:05 PM »
7 types of dolls x_x

i like where this is going

« Reply #493 on: April 03, 2012, 06:20:42 AM »
Why not give Eirin an interactive inventory then. Make it so her team can buy heal/buff potions from her

That'd be hilarious and I'd add that in if only it wouldn't bug like hell in the WC3 engine. :P

i like where this is going

From a player's point of view, I like it too, although she will have to choose which 3 types she wants to use per game. From where I currently am, D:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:22:48 AM by ApharmdB »

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #494 on: April 03, 2012, 06:38:22 AM »
From a player's point of view, I like it too, although she will have to choose which 3 types she wants to use per game. From where I currently am, D:

At least when you're done, you can see all these people play your game and you can go "Damn, I made that!"

« Reply #495 on: April 03, 2012, 11:08:11 AM »
wow so we can choose three from seven  :V

i just thought it only one type per game

and after seeing up coming doll skill... it look like alice is more OP in damage and hardder in mass control while weaker againt AoE skill since alice will lose some of her current HP while her doll death [except for some kind of doll]

and yeah i looking forward to try that new laser string and massive slow doll type

hmm did patchy will get a her philosopher stone now?

anyway after reading awhile i should T-up most of the idea more than T-down

[reimu seem to become a blinker with massive spam on single and small AoE target instanly of  half nuker half buffer now]

Note: about kogasa innate work

at first following the changelog it look like hp regen while enemy don't see her [0.5% max hp per seconds]

but after testing it seem to be hp/mp regen 0.5% max hp/mp per seconds under 2 condition

-enemy team [not include natural] must not see her

-kogasa must in invisible state [e.g. eirin's [R] skill, substituted doll and her own [w] Skill]

this 2 condition must be fulfilled before innate activated
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:10:52 AM by Antorory »

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #496 on: April 05, 2012, 07:39:07 PM »
BEST IDEA
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

« Reply #497 on: April 08, 2012, 05:17:50 PM »
Actually, I bet most of those changes were just April Fools jokes. :x

Technical stuff...

Taking a break from re-writing stuff now. I've stopped writing new stuff for the moment, so the list of new things to write is growing longer for me again. What I've been doing though, and have completed, is combing through every trigger in the map for leaks. Over the last 3 days, I've fixed close to 100+ of them. I stopped logging the fixes after the first 10 or so. The effects have been telling - I ran some benchmarks earlier by leaving one character in a game at the fountain and watching the memory and cpu usage of the current test map, v0.967g and DotA v6.74c. The handle count (for anyone who knows what this is) no longer climbs steadily once the map starts but stays constant (well, it alternates between 2 values due to the game clock; previously some of you might have seen the counter in action and it could rise to 8000+ after 5 min of game time. It's currently at about 3k at around the same time.). Memory usage for the test map stabilizes at about 220-230mb, while v0.967g climbed to roughly 290mb (additionally, v0.980i hits roughly 320mb of memory at this point while v0.977h2/3 STARTS at 340mb) and DotA stood at 300mb. This should be good news for anyone interested in the map who doesn't have a tonne of ram.

So what follows is the bad news.

Unfortunately, ram is cheap. Where DotA beats v0.967g and even the current test map is in its CPU usage. DotA stays at about 4% at that point in time while v0.967g hits 13% and the current test map can spike up to 50% on my CPU though it's usually around 5-20%. This will be harder to fix because it involves a complete overhaul of certain systems. I've already started and a few heros in the next version are going to be using the new systems. It'll just take a long time to complete the overhaul. Properly done, this will bump up the memory usage a little bit, but drastically reduce the amount of computation needed for the damage and bonus systems.

Incidentally, starting a new game without exiting WC3, whether you're playing DotS or DotA, spikes your memory usage up by a craptonne. It seems like WC3 itself does not purge map data from memory properly.

We've also started testing a version of the game on another engine. Haha :P
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:45:27 PM by ApharmdB »

« Reply #498 on: April 09, 2012, 03:32:48 AM »
Hello there, I need your help!

Well, first things first, I'm new around here, so I'm not sure if that is the right place to post, but it didn't seem wise to make a new thread just for a few questions.

So, thing is, I finally got warcraft3 up and running again, and decided to give a try to DotS, I downloaded a whole bunch of maps found here and elsewhere. So the first question is: is there a map archive with all the versions somewhere? I only found a few mediafire links here and there and since I don't read a word of Chinese, I can't correctly browse touhou.cc. And the second question is, which map are you guys using the most? 967? 977? Both?

And now is the actual problem that I have. Please note that I am running war3 through wine on linux, therefore it's likely that my problem may not be related to the map or the game, but I still give a try, maybe someone had the same problem and maybe I just did something wrong.
So of all the maps I tried, the versions 949, 952, 954 work fine.
965 and 967 are playable but I have a graphical glitch: the portraits of the characters during the picking phase are just white squares. After that, everything is fine.
Now for 977 and 980, I have the same problem as before, but even after that, the whole map is totally white (I can't even see the forms of anything), except for the hud and the life bars. Needless to say that it is unplayable. I can still see the animated portrait and the spells correctly in the hud though.

So I used fontcraft (I see chinese characters in game), I extracted the THDotS外置文件包0004 in my warcraft directory and used the .reg file (btw, should I have the THDotS directory or directly the Hero and Textures one?), I tried to use opengl and directx. And still the same.

I'd really like to play it, but I feel it's not really worth it if the 967 is getting obsolete, so that would be nice if any of you had any idea to help me.

Thanks in advance.

Btw, last thing, is there a customkeys.txt somewhere for the map? If not, is there a way to get the list of the id codes of every spell (I can't open the map in the editor)?

« Reply #499 on: April 09, 2012, 12:02:55 PM »
is it too late for report bug  :blush: since test map already come?

Bug Report today

-Yuyuko can kill genji [maybe hisoutensoku too] with her W's instanly kill skill [but it deal 600 pure damage to yukkuri and 300 pure damage to goliath]

-did the current version fix bug about komachi can swap and make yukkuri strike a tower and goliath can be hooked and trap by sinkable vortex to strike a creep on lane  yet?

« Reply #500 on: April 09, 2012, 12:28:09 PM »
Why I can not access the page touhou.cc?  ???

the serve fall

« Reply #501 on: April 09, 2012, 01:35:21 PM »
access here

http://www.touhou.cc/bbsx2/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=83919

and well found bug in test version

-shizuha can't root with her D skill but still deal damage

-suika's D skill don't has any effect

-remilia' R skill sometime make her become aerial unit until she use her skill R skill again
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:47:11 PM by Antorory »

« Reply #502 on: April 09, 2012, 02:06:16 PM »
the version they released is progress?, all he said HiganRetour will do to the final version? and where I can find the translation of the new spell THD_v0.985a_Test map?  ???

Is the next version is 0.85 or 0.82?

« Reply #503 on: April 09, 2012, 11:00:46 PM »
:wikipedia:
I think we actually had someone with the same problem before, cant remember how it was fixed(if it was). ont think you'll be able to open the map but you can get an earlier version and look through that one... touhou.cc website is down or something would link it later

« Reply #504 on: April 10, 2012, 03:28:08 AM »
I think we actually had someone with the same problem before, cant remember how it was fixed(if it was). ont think you'll be able to open the map but you can get an earlier version and look through that one... touhou.cc website is down or something would link it later

Actually, I managed to get some tests on a windows computer, and everything worked fine, so the problem comes from wine. I searched more, and found someone with a similar problem with another map on wine's forums. According to him, it was due to the way the weather triggers were implemented. And it seems he was right, in 977, as soon as I change the weather once to anything except sunny, the textures appear and everything is normal, even when the weather returns back to normal. On the other hand, on the 980, that doesn't work, everything stay white. I also found that the last working version is the v0977DiB version, something probably changed between this one and the v0.977a.

But hope is not lost, the 981 (the loadscreen says 980 though) from here: http://www.touhou.cc/bbsx2/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=80271&extra=page%3D1 works perfectly. I'd like to try other newer versions but I can't find download links for them, someone has them?

Last thing, where are you guys playing? I;ve seen there was a MotK bnet server but it seems it's no longer up anymore, so do you play on bnet? And which map version do you primarily use?

By the way, from what I understand, it seems the touhou.cc is up here from now on: http://www.touhou.cc/bbsx2/forum.php

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #505 on: April 10, 2012, 03:59:15 AM »
is it too late for report bug  :blush: since test map already come?

Bug Report today

-Yuyuko can kill genji [maybe hisoutensoku too] with her W's instanly kill skill [but it deal 600 pure damage to yukkuri and 300 pure damage to goliath]

-did the current version fix bug about komachi can swap and make yukkuri strike a tower and goliath can be hooked and trap by sinkable vortex to strike a creep on lane  yet?
but yuyuko already can instagib genji+hisou many versions ago (thats why we never spent faith to summon vs yuyuko except we want enemy yuyuko got free 900 gold)
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #506 on: April 10, 2012, 08:30:38 AM »
Yuyuko's supposed to hard counter Genji/Soku, yeah.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #507 on: April 10, 2012, 10:01:45 AM »
Current Bug Report on 2nd Test Map [or maybe not in some skill]

Sakuya: [W] Skill can't activated

Eirin: [D] Skill can't buff friend and make a wrong calculation on aspd and ms gain, [F] Skill don't show any effect while healing/dealing damage

Remilia: [R] Skill make she become aerial unit, did [R] Skill amplify her something coz i don't see it amplify anything on target she hit?

Yuugi: [W] Skill deal [50% max hp] pure type damage if enemy didn't move

Parsee: [W] Skill instant exploding and deal only first condition damage [normal damage without stun]

Yukari: [D] Skill can gap building, and allies

Nazrin: [W] text skill is wrong about money gain [in learning skill]

Shikieiki: [W]'s illusion still didn't take damage from tower

Kanako: [R] Skill is friendly Fire
               : M.O.F. [R] Skill (Cyclone Aura) gain a terrible movement speed to enemy unit for 0.5sc <- may be wrong coding from -ms into
                 + ms
               : M.O.F. [D] Skill didn't calculate damage from max hp <- even the max hp calculation is higher

Medicine: [R] Skill don't tell the maximum area of effect about return damage on attacking enemy [ if it same as previous version, it will be 250 AoE?]

Akyu: [D] Skill gain 0.5% skill damage per someone cast [self except for this skil/enemy/allies] and lost only "0.5%" when use this skill
          : [W] Skill reduce output damage on allies girl for 25% ,however that output damage is only normal attack coz from testing with skill it didn't reduce at all.

Still Find a Bug in Progress...

From Previous Version Which I recommend to fixed

Mystia: If Hold 3 item which reduce cool down [party basket,hakurei amulet, control rod] her [Innate] can reduce cooldown a bit (20%).

Byakuren: [F] at level 4 increase max mp same as level 3

Item Anchor: did critical already fix with transformation skill?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:09:50 AM by Antorory »

« Reply #508 on: April 10, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »
Current Bug Report on 2nd Test Map [or maybe not in some skill]

Sakuya: [W] Skill can't activated

Eirin: [D] Skill can't buff friend and make a wrong calculation on aspd and ms gain, [F] Skill don't show any effect while healing/dealing damage

Remilia: [R] Skill make she become aerial unit, did [R] Skill amplify her something coz i don't see it amplify anything on target she hit?

Yuugi: [W] Skill deal [50% max hp] pure type damage if enemy didn't move

Parsee: [W] Skill instant exploding and deal only first condition damage [normal damage without stun]

Yukari: [D] Skill can gap building, and allies

Nazrin: [W] text skill is wrong about money gain [in learning skill]

Shikieiki: [W]'s illusion still didn't take damage from tower

Kanako: [R] Skill is friendly Fire
               : M.O.F. [R] Skill (Cyclone Aura) gain a terrible movement speed to enemy unit for 0.5sc <- may be wrong coding from -ms into
                 + ms
               : M.O.F. [D] Skill didn't calculate damage from max hp <- even the max hp calculation is higher

Medicine: [R] Skill don't tell the maximum area of effect about return damage on attacking enemy [ if it same as previous version, it will be 250 AoE?]

Akyu: [D] Skill gain 0.5% skill damage per someone cast [self except for this skil/enemy/allies] and lost only "0.5%" when use this skill
          : [W] Skill reduce output damage on allies girl for 25% ,however that output damage is only normal attack coz from testing with skill it didn't reduce at all.

Still Find a Bug in Progress...

From Previous Version Which I recommend to fixed

Mystia: If Hold 3 item which reduce cool down [party basket,hakurei amulet, control rod] her [Innate] can reduce cooldown a bit (20%).

Byakuren: [F] at level 4 increase max mp same as level 3

Item Anchor: did critical already fix with transformation skill?

All fixed in Test Map 3 (which will be released whenever the forum decides to not die), except for Eirin's D which is a display bug so it's low priority for now (fixing it requires remaking the skill since wc3 cannot detect buff levels), and Akyu's D which is by design. We might add a cooldown to the collection later on. Note that Sakuya's F skill will add a craptonne of charges to it because the skill involves a dummy caster firing multiple skills off all at once. There'll be a display for it in Test Map 3.

Edit:欢迎十二月夜!  :derp:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:59:17 PM by ApharmdB »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #509 on: April 10, 2012, 04:16:03 PM »
I don't see the most important fix, that is, the map won't screw up multiplayer.