Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( New Server IP )  (Read 331238 times)

PX

• School Idol?
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( 1.8 - NEW WORLD(S) )
« Reply #840 on: November 10, 2011, 08:16:41 AM »
Status on re-innovating the grinder: Great
First, I have added light sources on top so I am able to stop spawns inside at will
Next, there is no more arrow dodging. All drops go to an individual spot near the center of the frame
Lastly, it is now a combination of falling deaths and drowning deaths.

All that's left to do is to redo the canals so they're a lot more efficient

EDIT: お前はもう死んでいる This is awesome. Why don't we have this?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:11:17 PM by PX »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #841 on: November 11, 2011, 09:42:33 AM »
*5-person post-TF2-crash-course mining adventure here*

On an off-note, the PX-7 is forever in our collective memory thanks to Dusty. :ohdear:

EDIT:
Fixed Duping and deleting [in 1.9pre6]. Well we knew this would happen.
So that means we will not be carrying over the sand duper over to the new world! Stockpile on sand while you can!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:43:01 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #842 on: November 13, 2011, 07:15:01 AM »
Stockpile on sand while you can!
ALL RIGHT, LET'S DO THIS! LEEROOOOOOOY- *shot*
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #843 on: November 13, 2011, 08:06:58 AM »
I got a bit earlier today for glass, but I might need to get more it seems.  :V

And on an unrelated note, construction on the exterior of my fortress is finally finished. Now I'm just finishing off the interior and moving my wolves to the main room. :toot:
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

« Reply #844 on: November 13, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »
I'm honestly glad that the piston duping will be fixed with the next release. One less lag-inducing thing to worry about.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #845 on: November 13, 2011, 11:15:17 AM »
I found quite a few neat CraftBukkit plugins that could work on our server (also they don't require client-side modding). However with 1.0 being so close I'd suggest considering these when we update the server in proper (including the finishing of schematic work).

A practical addition: NoLagg (note: the NoLaggChunks add-on requires Spout)
Flight for everyone: VoxelAir
I did ask for more weapons: Shotgun
What, I thought this was dead: TerrainControl (forked from original PTM, which is discontinued)
More world immersion: Seasons
:V-mining is no more: Anti X-ray (however this encourages more Chennels)
Has Op Abuse Potential, so don't even consider it: MoreAirstrike

Hopefully Bukkit and these plugins get updated quickly upon release.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:18:11 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #846 on: November 13, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »
I found quite a few neat CraftBukkit plugins that could work on our server (also they don't require client-side modding). However with 1.0 being so close I'd suggest considering these when we update the server in proper (including the finishing of schematic work).

A practical addition: NoLagg (note: requires Spout)
Flight for everyone: VoxelAir
I did ask for more weapons: Shotgun
What, I thought this was dead: TerrainControl (forked from original PTM, which is discontinued)
More world immersion: Seasons
:V-mining is no more: Anti X-ray (however this encourages more Chennels)
Has Op Abuse Potential, so don't even consider it: MoreAirstrike

Hopefully Bukkit and these plugins get updated quickly upon release.
1st thing: looks legit
2nd thing: flying is overrated and overpowered :V
3rd thing: that shotgun is just a fancified bow in the form of a book :derp:
4th thing: I want that lava cave world thing really badly. :I
5th thing: lol seasons
6th thing: i never :V-mined anyway
7th thing: If it has abuse potential why mention it?  Besides we all know how well strafe handles tnt :V
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #847 on: November 13, 2011, 12:18:57 PM »
2nd thing: flying is overrated and overpowered :V
MOONJUMPING IS THE NEW WAY OF MOVING :getdown:
PLUS IT GIVES A REASON FOR USING FEATHERS

4th thing: I want that lava cave world thing really badly. :I
I want Lunatic Sphere (BioSphere - bridges + entire Y128 layer is bedrock) badly. :/

7th thing: If it has abuse potential why mention it?  Besides we all know how well strafe handles tnt :V
If this gets installed, the most likely possibility is that Strafe and I have a cross-game Admin/Op power fight - he has MC's tools of the trade, I have SourceMod in TF2. :V

...and come to think of it, considering the sheer number of schematics to do and their size I would consider just keeping W1 and only doing W2's schematics. While I'd put it at popular consensus, the decision remains yours.

EDIT: I think Notch changed the sounds for chests and doors globally, even on 1.8.1 servers, in anticipation for 1.0. Strafe and I confirmed this, so it's definitely not the mod I'm using that plays back Heavy eating sounds when munching on food :V
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:56:37 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #848 on: November 13, 2011, 12:59:40 PM »
New mods.
Not interested.

If this gets installed, the most likely possibility is that Strafe and I have a cross-game Admin/Op power fight - he has MC's tools of the trade, I have SourceMod in TF2. :V
Not going to happen. You seem to imply that I abuse OP powers. After the Tower incident and the "huh, I wonder what /nuke does" incident, I've pretty much stayed away from such atrocities.

...and come to think of it, considering the sheer number of schematics to do and their size I would consider just keeping W1 and only doing W2's schematics. While I'd put it at popular consensus, the decision remains yours.
Nope. We're starting new worlds once we update again. I don't care about the number of schematics. I want to ensure that we have one seamless world that we can call home.
:dealwithit:

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #849 on: November 13, 2011, 01:12:59 PM »
Not going to happen. You seem to imply that I abuse OP powers. After the Tower incident and the "huh, I wonder what /nuke does" incident, I've pretty much stayed away from such atrocities.
And then I spam !timebomb anyway :V
Well, obviously that wouldn't happen, hehe.

Nope. We're starting new worlds once we update again. I don't care about the number of schematics. I want to ensure that we have one seamless world that we can call home.
That's fine with me. Just bringing up my position on that.

Not interested.
As I expected. Though I'd put on NoLagg anyway to reduce network load, which I'm sure was one of Stuffman's considerations.
Correction on NoLagg - only the NoLaggChunks addon requires Spout. The rest of that Bukkit mod does not need that.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:20:06 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #850 on: November 13, 2011, 05:07:02 PM »
We actually do have Spout, it's pretty much integrated with Bukkit nowadays. I have no idea how it works though.

NoLagg is intriguing but it makes me nervous to use something that has so much power over server priorities. I'll look into it.
VoxelAir is the flying mod we would use if I wanted to put one in. I'd rather wait and see if a hunger flight mod gets made, though.
Shotgun is kinda derp :V
TerrainControl...well basically we already know what PTM is like. If we go with the two-world plan then it might be interesting to have one world be a bit more dramatic than the other (but not nearly to the extent of our first PTM world).
Seasons would be neat if Minecraft actually had the stuff to support it (like actually brown trees, temporary flowers growth in spring, snow everywhere during winter) but from the looks of that video it doesn't change a whole lot.
Anti-XRay I would consider but it clearly causes a large performance hit, which punishes everyone, not just XRay users, so that's a no.
MoreAirstrike: Why cast fireball when I can cast finger of death?

Minecraft 1.0 is out, now we just wait for new Bukkit and then we do the upgrade thing. Do note that updates are generally reserved for weekends since they take some time to set up.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #851 on: November 13, 2011, 09:25:20 PM »
We actually do have Spout, it's pretty much integrated with Bukkit nowadays. I have no idea how it works though.
Oh, didn't know that. This will start things out.

I am a bit ambivalent about using Bukkit mods that require SpoutCraft. While it's certainly easier than having every client mod his/her minecraft.jar, it also means that they'll have to get the SpoutCraft client instead. Fortunately it's not too hard to do.

NoLagg is intriguing but it makes me nervous to use something that has so much power over server priorities. I'll look into it.
Well, given prior experience with PTM and its control over biome generation, I wouldn't call it a huge problem.

TerrainControl...well basically we already know what PTM is like. If we go with the two-world plan then it might be interesting to have one world be a bit more dramatic than the other (but not nearly to the extent of our first PTM world).
That world was great, but it really lowered framerates too making it terrible for a main world.

Anti-XRay I would consider but it clearly causes a large performance hit, which punishes everyone, not just XRay users, so that's a no.
Good point, though Xray already cuts performance a bit.

MoreAirstrike: Why cast fireball when I can cast finger of death?
It's all about the fireworks and explosions :V

Minecraft 1.0 is out, now we just wait for new Bukkit and then we do the upgrade thing. Do note that updates are generally reserved for weekends since they take some time to set up.
Well, the release candidates are out anyways.

I'd give a week for users to prepare for world move.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #852 on: November 13, 2011, 10:01:08 PM »
Guess I'll go and start collecting up my border fences.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #853 on: November 13, 2011, 10:12:37 PM »
You dont care about the number eh? brb building 1000 boxes that i want imported :V

It's all about the fireworks and explosions :V
Well, the release candidates are out anyways.
I'd give a week for users to prepare for world move.
Cuz we all know how well explosions worked in the past.  Ah yeah strafe speaking of preparations tell me when you do my schematic strafe so I can dupe my stuff :V
2lazy2createbettersig

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #854 on: November 13, 2011, 10:52:32 PM »
Ah yeah strafe speaking of preparations tell me when you do my schematic strafe so I can dupe my stuff :V
Result of schematic save: YOUR STUFF HAS MAGICALLY DISAPPEARED! BV
TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #855 on: November 13, 2011, 11:02:58 PM »
You dont care about the number eh? brb building 1000 boxes that i want imported :V
Hey, at least you're not relying on the import of someone else's schematic this time :V

Guess I'll go and start collecting up my border fences.
Getting all those torches I put in will be a lot of fun. :V

That's too easy. Instead, it was imported into a remote underground location, after it was de-torched. Then it was covered in a lava pool.
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #856 on: November 13, 2011, 11:09:18 PM »
That's too easy. Instead, it was imported into a remote underground location, after it was de-torched. Then it was covered in a lava pool.
:getdown: Let's go with that instead. And have the outside perimeter replaced with silverfish blocks, so if he somehow got rid of the lava, SILVERFISH!

Also, my MC install seems to be kinda borked for some reason. I'm not seeing everything on the login screen now. The login button and the other one (options I think?) are blank and hollow. Aside from that, I haven't noticed anything else yet. Really weird, I haven't messed with it in a while now.
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #857 on: November 13, 2011, 11:11:04 PM »
It will cost you one stack of diamond per pointless schematic. :V
Ah yeah strafe speaking of preparations tell me when you do my schematic strafe so I can dupe my stuff :V
Oh you. :V I'll start saving schematics as we get closer to the transition time. Some things will be handled earlier than that, whenever I get around to stuff, I still have a good amount of preparation to do on my own structures, as well as the community stuff.

Actually, I can do stuff like that. If I really wanted to be an ass, I could just empty all of their chests before saving the schematic as well as hit that player with a /clearinventory. >:D  I jest.

Come to think of it. I'm not sure if I can guarantee that people's on-hand inventories will be kept throughout the transition. Chances are, I will have to reset everybody's position to the new spawn coordinates. Hard way: manipulate everybody's files individually like I did in the transition from PTM. Easy way: delete everybody's files and they all start fresh in the new world. Granted, the latter won't come to pass, but there is always the possibility that things could get lost in the transition.

In short, go ahead and put all of your important stuff into chests to be saved with your schematic. As far as your inventory goes, take only what you need to survive. (food, sword, pick, armor, etc.) The same warning applies like when battling in the Arena: Don't take anything you are not willing to lose.

In other news: Notch, what possessed you to change the sound effects? My doors and chests need their hinges oiled badly, and my bow sounds like a goddamn Nerf gun. :V

« Reply #858 on: November 14, 2011, 12:39:02 AM »
My internet is balls slow today.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #859 on: November 14, 2011, 06:37:43 AM »
Behold! I have summoned the Dark Wolf. Equipped in the darkest of sorcery. The Light Wolf will be his partner, specializing in healing and light magic.
[attach=1]
TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #860 on: November 14, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »
Behold! I have summoned the Dark Wolf. Equipped in the darkest of sorcery. The Light Wolf will be his partner, specializing in healing and light magic.
2 days later (another 20-30 minute editing job):

[attach=1]
His response: :V
Bad command or file name

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #861 on: November 15, 2011, 03:01:54 AM »
Were doing schematics? Should I post what I want schematiced?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #862 on: November 15, 2011, 03:14:32 AM »
Definitely, or at least notify Strafe in-game.

Also mark off those areas with peculiar blocks on opposite X-Z (and Y if possible) corners. Coloured wool is a good example.
And this doesn't need to be done within the Hakurei City walls, as that will be saved as a giant schematic anyway.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #863 on: November 15, 2011, 03:46:14 PM »
Were doing schematics? Should I post what I want schematiced?
.... :V
A couple days ago, I went around both maps, making a list of all of the structures and their owners. I'll be using this as a guide when it comes time to create and label them. (as well as some other info that will help me more accurately place them in the new world) Since this is the third time of doing this, I pretty much have everything down to a science. Everything should go smoothly, barring any catastrophe...

As I stated before, (as well as on signs at spawn) I need to know if there are any underground projects that you guys wish to export. I made my list by using the Livefeed map to find them all. Anything below ground isn't on it, unless I already knew of its existence. Dorakyura's vast underground facility is the best example of this. It really helps if you actually call me over to the site, so I can jot down the coordinates.

As it stands right now: the list is showing 88 miles per hour schematics planned for the transition. Same as last time, the final backup will be made just before we begin the transition. I will be making all of the schematics based upon that backup. If anyone has already prepared their locations for me to save before this time, it would be greatly appreciated. In the mean time, I will be saving the sprites and other "artistic" projects that don't have chests or anything that might change.

Again as a reminder, please remove any Note Blocks that you have from all of your structures during this time. [Long-winded explanation for this] Since people have postponed their music projects, I doubt that this will be an issue. However, there might be one or two Noteblocks that are lurking about, forgotten by their owner.
Spoiler:
*ding dong*
  :V
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:52:53 PM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #864 on: November 15, 2011, 08:15:29 PM »
Well I got everything save my hotel and the skeleton grinder marked up with blue wool and signs.

Could just save the grinder part of it and leave all the underground business out of it.
And I'm sure you've done my hotel enough times to know how things are down there.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #865 on: November 15, 2011, 08:30:08 PM »
The other things to take down if you want to save them are paintings, since they don't port over. Though it's not like it's really hard to make them anyway...

So it looks like the only thing of mine you'll have to do is save Ikubi Akius, since my house will be saved when the village is saved.
TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #866 on: November 15, 2011, 08:48:30 PM »
I'll give a rundown.

- Tower (obviously :V. But I plan to dig a few more parts out before I can call it ready)
 - LOLSQUID Town (area is marked - Y56 to Y83. It is prepared and ready, I believe)
 - *redacted*

Note that I will also be detorching several major areas (notably a few tunnels, the area near the spawn end of the railway, and the cleared forest to the west of spawn) over the next few days. I recommend doing the same as the time comes.

I have also taken the liberty of removing the note blocks in SunnyMart and put them inside one of the chests there. The other major noteblock use I know of is in Cykyrios' Companion Cube (the Still Alive jingle that plays when opening the main door).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:34:59 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

BlackSparda

• Reimu Hakurei empress through gods grace
  • Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #867 on: November 15, 2011, 09:03:27 PM »
so since the transfer to the new world comes closer i want to know if people that builded near to hakurei city (the buildings outside the wall) also want their buildings near to hakurei in the new world
(sunny, PX, bsod, molten, ssky, crow,........ )
and it would be great when the owners of buildings in hakurei could remove their music blocks
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:05:02 PM by BlackSparda »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #868 on: November 15, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »
Strafe: I think I might want to save the clock tower and the rest of Castlevania as two separate pieces, I'm not sure I like its current placement. I'll be grabbing it from sea level up (I've made sure not to work on anything underground).

Other than that I only need the small box building on the island north of Castlevania. It has all my stuff (and is conveniently shaped to be placed anywhere)!

« Reply #869 on: November 16, 2011, 12:13:04 AM »
Well I got everything save my hotel and the skeleton grinder marked up with blue wool and signs.

Could just save the grinder part of it and leave all the underground business out of it.
And I'm sure you've done my hotel enough times to know how things are down there.
Indeed I have.  ;) The hotel and the grinder don't really need to be marked with the wool. I'll go ahead and save them if they're ready for export.

The other things to take down if you want to save them are paintings, since they don't port over. Though it's not like it's really hard to make them anyway...
Well, you can always remove the paintings and store them with your belongings so you don't lose them. I mean, wool and sticks are so rare these days.. :V

The other major noteblock use I know of is in Cykyrios' Companion Cube (the Still Alive jingle that plays when opening the main door).
Noted. I'll investigate the site. I'll remove the Noteblocks myself if Cykyrios doesn't get around to it in time.

Strafe: I think I might want to save the clock tower and the rest of Castlevania as two separate pieces, I'm not sure I like its current placement. I'll be grabbing it from sea level up (I've made sure not to work on anything underground).
Noted. Thanks for the heads up.