Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( New Server IP )  (Read 331183 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( 1.8 - NEW WORLD(S) )
« Reply #660 on: October 21, 2011, 08:39:52 PM »
we are all playing touhou, why not allow flying, but with a HUGE use of hunger  :derp: when I sprint from spawn to my chireiden constructionside I use 3 hunger, for example, flying the same distance would take mmh 9 hunger?
Sounds like an idea! I love how it acts as a major deterrent to flying everywhere anytime. Actually, I say that with this, I would be okay with allowing infinite flight.

Then I'll have to post about how to have that mod installed.

Oh I guess I remembered wrong, I thought the strongholds being increased to three was one of the 1.9 things. (Still I don't understand why they can't just spawn again after a given number of chunks away from existing ones, instead of having a fixed number of them)
It's infinite in 1.9, and yeah, I think they do that distance-based spawning there.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:41:53 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #661 on: October 21, 2011, 08:49:05 PM »
FUCK

I put all my stuff in a random chest near spawn last night to clear my inventory. Turns out it was the snow land donation chest and my useful stuff has been taken. :| Stupid signs not being obvious.

That includes a diamond pickaxe, a shitload of torches, shitload of redstone, and some TNT.

« Reply #662 on: October 21, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »
I put all my stuff in a random chest near spawn last night to clear my inventory. Turns out it was the snow land donation chest and my useful stuff has been taken. :| Stupid signs not being obvious.

That includes a diamond pickaxe, a shitload of torches, shitload of redstone, and some TNT.
Clearly, you donated them. :V  Sorry, mate.

we are all playing touhou, why not allow flying, but with a HUGE use of hunger  :derp: when I sprint from spawn to my chireiden constructionside I use 3 hunger, for example, flying the same distance would take mmh 9 hunger?
(when possible)
I like this as well. Hopefully there is a mod that will allow it. If we're looking into providing advanced movement, I think that this method of flight is the best option. Hopefully, the map won't explode in size.. Anyway, I don't believe that there is a way to isolate the Warp Compass from the rest of WorldEdit, so.. :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #663 on: October 21, 2011, 09:41:24 PM »
I like this as well. Hopefully there is a mod that will allow it. If we're looking into providing advanced movement, I think that this method of flight is the best option. Hopefully, the map won't explode in size.. Anyway, I don't believe that there is a way to isolate the Warp Compass from the rest of WorldEdit, so.. :V
Yep, flight it is. I think the flight hunger use will have to be done server-side, as Zombe's treats flying just like walking/running by default and the server is what detects the actual flight.

Also, I say there should be a clear delineation between flying and sprinting when this gets implemented. I don't think faster sprinting should get any hunger penalty, seeing as it is quite difficult to control at breakneck speeds (and we take lots of fall and even suffocation damage this way). Flying, though, should when it is in use (even hovering should deal hunger).
Bad command or file name

« Reply #664 on: October 21, 2011, 09:51:18 PM »
So, if such a mod was installed, nobody would have any reason to use client-side flight/speed mods.. Right?  :P

« Reply #665 on: October 21, 2011, 10:09:02 PM »
what item was used for log block again, someone took iron from my furnace =/, do i really have to protect everything....

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #666 on: October 21, 2011, 10:19:32 PM »
So, if such a mod was installed, nobody would have any reason to use client-side flight/speed mods.. Right?  :P
No, but it would reduce the incentive for them to use those. Myself, I'd continue my use of those, since I use other mods from that mod pack.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #667 on: October 21, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »
*sigh* Here we are again. Player tomhoffman has been removed from the whitelist again due to two documented cases of thievery.

Clearly, I keep misplacing my trust in others... I suppose that I'll need to stop giving people second chances..

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #668 on: October 21, 2011, 10:28:07 PM »
Oh dear. This time I say it's a permaban.

Usually I don't even give second chances - this is risky. But if you do so this is what special prison/challenge worlds are for - to give (at least the illusion) of improving relations. We know how successful Sphere Prison was back on DDR's. :V

The effects of a late update and anarchy have started to affect the server residents' status if you ask me. I really don't hope this means we'll have to resort to more extreme measures....
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 10:34:04 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #669 on: October 21, 2011, 10:44:56 PM »
(when possible)

I'd like the ability to fly with hunger use, I'm making a building that's about 20 blocks high and it's a pain to build up that wall. Plus, we might see more floating buildings.

« Reply #670 on: October 22, 2011, 02:42:34 AM »
Hey rawr wtf man?

What's with the giant room in that field? You know? The one I torched up and then claimed in the thread? Then you make a dig stone building and a giant freaking hole right there. Where did my torches go and what in the heck gave you any sort of coherent idea to think, "hey lemee dig here hurr hurr"

I torched it, claimed it, and said I planned to build there. And now there's a honking eyesore in the middle of it. And now if I do want to build there, I have to fill it in if I don't want a huge pit under it.

I'm not happy and before I start tearing down walls and spamming gravel in that pit to try and get some normalcy to my field, may I have some mod's go ahead to do it? Cause I ask first hint hint.

Really? Why in a giant, deforested, torched field of all the places would you choose there to spam a hole?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:45:51 AM by Hanged Hourai »

« Reply #671 on: October 22, 2011, 03:00:37 AM »
oh your post was so subtle in the many posts about other things i didnt notice, i can fix it :V

also i did deforest it first :V, i thought someone was being nice and torched ir for the sake of a safe spot
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 03:08:07 AM by Kaorawr Tanamachi »

« Reply #672 on: October 22, 2011, 03:12:45 AM »
No, I deforested it? I saw you doing one or two trees on the very edges, but the middle portion was me.

But that is beside the point, do you want me to fill it with gravel, or wait until you're done?

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #673 on: October 22, 2011, 03:53:29 AM »
Oh God, I seriously want to ragequit Minecraft right now. I had a bunch of gold, iron, and lapiz and like 10 stacks of coal I was gonna use to create the thousands of stone bricks I need for my new building. I /home to go near my new building and its a thunderstorm outside and there's like 5 of each monster chasing me. I barely managed to escape and as I open chat to so I can /spawn, I get struck by lightning and killed. I thought it was no biggie as I can just /home again and pickup my stuff. But when I go there all my stuff is gone and Im like WHAT THE HELL? And that's when it hit me, the fire that lightning leaves behind for a second destroyed all of my items. FML

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #674 on: October 22, 2011, 03:59:17 AM »
So, uh, why is there gravel on the left side of my house? WTF WHY IS IT THERE IT'S SO STUPID! (I'm leaving it there to be logblocked)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #675 on: October 22, 2011, 04:01:34 AM »
Lesson learned: Don't carry important stuff during Rain/Night.

In other news, why can't I log on to the server?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #676 on: October 22, 2011, 04:05:15 AM »
Minecraft.net is having issues, and Exuro and BSoD are the only ones on (anyone else will crash on the Logging In screen, regardless of server).

Oh God, I seriously want to ragequit Minecraft right now....
I'll probably send some compensation your way once I can log back on. But regardless, I'd have to say that everyone should prepare for a total loss of their inventory at any moment. Who knows when that could happen?

So, uh, why is there gravel on the left side of my house? WTF WHY IS IT THERE IT'S SO STUPID! (I'm leaving it there to be logblocked)
Great, more gravel griefing.

Lesson learned: Don't carry important stuff during Rain/Night.
Agreed.
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #678 on: October 22, 2011, 05:08:30 AM »
Looks like people can access the server again. GOOD, BECAUSE ME AND EXURO WERE LONELY!

EDIT: Nevermind. =\
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:23:10 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #679 on: October 22, 2011, 05:23:04 AM »
Not anymore! >:( Shady and I cannot connect.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #680 on: October 22, 2011, 08:18:26 AM »
Not anymore! >:( Shady and I cannot connect.
Alright. It's time for some science.

ArteShy

• Sure you're straight dash....
  • ...I totally believe you
« Reply #681 on: October 22, 2011, 08:27:34 AM »
*sigh* Here we are again. Player tomhoffman has been removed from the whitelist again due to two documented cases of thievery.

Clearly, I keep misplacing my trust in others... I suppose that I'll need to stop giving people second chances..

Wait wait wait, isn't stealing/griefing/PvPing permitted in Anarchy World?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #682 on: October 22, 2011, 08:54:08 AM »
Anarchy has been killed lately - see Strafe's post. Moreover the actions you did were on the wrong world.

EDIT: Server is back up and running! We had to disable our server's automatic authentication to minecraft.net (a MinecraftForums suggestion), which means that cracked clients could go in, but I believe the whitelist will be able to stop them.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:00:42 AM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #683 on: October 22, 2011, 10:12:16 AM »
Hopefully this will be temporary. At least the server is still up in the meantime. Special thanks to EP for his research.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #684 on: October 22, 2011, 12:13:29 PM »
Strafe has brought up the idea of putting both Cadrin's (lighthouse, Sanctuary) and Artemis' (Dwarf Bar) areas under auction to the highest bidder(s), since both are banned from server. Goods from the first structure (which there are a lot of, and showed heavy inventory hacking) have been re-taken for the greater community interest (this has yet to be done for the other two, and last one has confirmed LWC protection), but the real thing here is that these properties/land lots may be up on the market.

Also, I will just make it clear ahead of time that I will not assist with setup and management of any mods you use, except Optifine. You will have to manage those (inc. flying, sprinting, minimap, etc.) yourself, and the only real rules to them are 'use responsibly in a manner safe for others' and 'do not exceed 50% of the Crazy Journalist Crow's speed'.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #685 on: October 22, 2011, 12:27:23 PM »
I don't remember Artemis getting banned?

And I thought the ban was only temp?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #686 on: October 22, 2011, 12:30:27 PM »
Artemis == tomhoffman.

We banned him once on Brohoster due to the lava bucket incident (which you were a victim of), but during PTM Strafe opted to add him back onto whitelist. Now that he went back on and did these incidents, we are banning him again, this time very likely permanent.

Also, a note - in the event that infinite flight is enabled but the hunger mod we mentioned is not available, we may have to consider using a map size-limiting mod to keep the filesize somewhat reasonable. I would suggest using a multiple of 16 for the lengths of all sides (as chunks are 16x16x128m), and to have total size between 8192^2 and 16384^2 blocks (divide by 8 for Nether), to give enough space for distant types/larger projects, ease of distance, and most importantly, a manageable filesize.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 12:37:36 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #687 on: October 22, 2011, 12:40:06 PM »
I just wish that people would have more respect and common decency toward others and their hard work.[/impossible_request]

Regarding Cadrin and tom's stuff, I think that opening them up for public domain would be better than an auction. First come, first served.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #688 on: October 22, 2011, 12:52:53 PM »
Nah, I'm not seeing any flight plugins that use hunger - most of them aren't even updated for 1.8. I'm sure someone will get the idea eventually, though.

Total size of all maps is about 500 MB right now, which is surprisingly not bad. We have a 2 GB limit.

« Reply #689 on: October 22, 2011, 01:14:52 PM »
Total size of all maps is about 500 MB right now, which is surprisingly not bad. We have a 2 GB limit.
It was much larger before I had reset the World2 chunks. Dynmap is lying. Not all of those chunks have been generated again.