Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( New Server IP )  (Read 331158 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (NEW WORLD)
« Reply #480 on: October 13, 2011, 10:05:29 PM »
I think I've overdone this, I have 8 stacks roses  :V
Someone need when have my red wool?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #481 on: October 13, 2011, 10:13:32 PM »
You did fine, Hourai. Honestly, you should have seen it while you were gone. Reeds everywhere.
Yep, giant crack farm. Again, good job doing this.

The Poverty Art movement was comprised of two things: sheer boredom of waiting for the update and "anything you can do, I can do better". I'm not sure if was an act of protest to try to get Stuffman and I to update the server. I personally didn't care for it, because the area became a lot more cluttered. Like I said earlier, I liked being able to see people's structures from the spawn area, not an ocean of reeds and piles of junk.
From the Crazy Journalist Crow who was on the spot at the time of incident:
It was all boredom, and has absolutely nothing to do with protests (otherwise they'd have mutinied already and gotten their own 1.8.1 server, then bug one of us to admin that server as well). I have no idea where the leapfrogging aspect came from, however. If there were any protests, they were mostly from Shady since everyone copied his style.

Nevertheless, people will probably make more Poverty Art to get their kicks. That's fine. Just do it elsewhere, please? 
Spoiler:
inb4 Strafe Office landfill :ohdear:
The Infernal Republic is facing that already. Strafe Office Landfill would shock me as well. Next they'll likely fill my tower up with gravel or the like. :ohdear:

I think I've overdone this, I have 8 stacks roses  :V
Someone need when have my red wool?
I'll take those roses :V
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:15:28 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #482 on: October 14, 2011, 08:57:35 AM »
I did what I thought was best for the community, and I apologize for not discussing this with the creator of it or Strafe/Stuffman, but I saw it as a task that needed to be done as soon as possible. If I upset anyone by doing this, then I am truly sorry, and I would be open to talk if you think what I did was wrong.

Slinkys and Scones. That is all.
OMG WHY DID YOU DO THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Nah it's fine I was waiting to see if anyone would do anything about it anyway  :V 

The Poverty Art movement was comprised of two things: sheer boredom of waiting for the update and "anything you can do, I can do better". I'm not sure if was an act of protest to try to get Stuffman and I to update the server. I personally didn't care for it, because the area became a lot more cluttered. Like I said earlier, I liked being able to see people's structures from the spawn area, not an ocean of reeds and piles of junk.

Nevertheless, people will probably make more Poverty Art to get their kicks. That's fine. Just do it elsewhere, please? 
Spoiler:
lol poverty art wasn't ever supposed to be a movement.  It was a pure boredom and a way of trolling people on a server :V  lol you thought it was protest?  hahahaha if it were a protest I woulda made it more explicit. 

Nevertheless, people will probably make more Poverty Art to get their kicks. That's fine.
Nah poverty art is popular so now it sucks.  Besides exuro is gonna make prosperity art and we all know that's gonna be amazing.

Just do it elsewhere, please? 
Spoiler:
You're basically begging me to do it.  Don't worry I'll do something much more clever than a landfill.
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #483 on: October 14, 2011, 09:22:38 AM »
lol poverty art wasn't ever supposed to be a movement.  It was a pure boredom and a way of trolling people on a server :V
And that's how art styles are born :getdown:

Nah poverty art is popular so now it sucks.  Besides exuro is gonna make prosperity art and we all know that's gonna be amazing.
Hehe, yeah, mainstream is stagnant. :V
Prosperity Art? We had Overpassism, Sphereism, Subwayism, Brickism, PTMism, Poverty Art, and now Prosperity Art. Huh. Other styles such as Stuffmanist (stone towers on sea - mostly followed by him and me), Spudist (buildings everywhere there is land - often considered the 'mainstream'), Strafist (glowstone and wool addiction included), Mondoesque (Nether on World), and Satorian (or, as the cynics describe it, 'acid trip') are left forgotten by all but server art historians.

You're basically begging me to do it.  Don't worry I'll do something much more clever than a landfill.
Nuclear Waste Disposal with a cart going to it. There, it's now pl_badwater. :getdown: :getdown: (BLU sets off nuclear waste barrels and explosives under RED base if they succeed in pushing the cart)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:24:36 AM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #484 on: October 14, 2011, 09:23:59 AM »
This is going to end with me having to blow up my Office, isn't it? :ohdear:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:04:49 AM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #485 on: October 14, 2011, 10:05:04 AM »
A question Strafe, how far is the use of TNT allowed  :wat:

« Reply #486 on: October 14, 2011, 10:10:36 AM »
A question Strafe, how far is the use of TNT allowed  :wat:
Use it wherever and whenever you want, just as long as nobody else's structures are within blast range. The larger the quantity of TNT, the further away you would need to be, just to be safe.

Hopefully we're not talking hundreds or even thousands of TNT here... :ohdear:

« Reply #487 on: October 14, 2011, 10:16:56 AM »
Hopefully we're not talking hundreds or even thousands of TNT here... :ohdear:

I cannot afford to farm so much  :ohdear:
I'm thinking of blowing some stones away in the big cave of mine  :V
(when I'm bored and don't want to farm either wool or flowers)

Do want 1.9 with hand grenates  :derp:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:18:34 AM by German Flower Youkai »

« Reply #488 on: October 14, 2011, 10:18:19 AM »
Oh, TNT mining? Sure, man. Go for it.  I thought you were wanting to blow up a continent or something. :V

« Reply #489 on: October 14, 2011, 10:21:47 AM »
Oh, TNT mining? Sure, man. Go for it.  I thought you were wanting to blow up a continent or something. :V

I would do it with a smile on the face

a smile like this

edith: wait, my Avatar fits aswell
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:25:13 AM by German Flower Youkai »

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #490 on: October 14, 2011, 02:09:26 PM »
Dora, all my TNT is belong to you. A humble 40 tons (well, 40 charges), but it will have to do, along with what you and Herr/Frau SchwarzSparda have gathered. Where can I deposit it?

Also, starting from now on, the cult of the Moon begs anyone in possession of obsidian to donate infinite amounts of it to the construction effort of the elaborate nuclear blast shelter (which has nothing to do with the fact that it lies within the blast range of Dora and Sparda's combined explosive power) sanctuary for those wandering past the Youkai Mountain and the Subterranean Realm. An appropriate donation chest will be made soon at the spawn area. You can donate your hard-earned obsidian in the chest on the sanctuary's construction site. That is, if you can be bothered to jump over the fence that separates it from most outside hazards for now.

It's going to be the pure cage in a filthy world, a place of worship, meditation and safety for stray ones. Herobrine's soulless minions will be unable to get in by default. We're starting from a humble shrine, but we trust that with your continued support the sanctuary will be able to grow into a temple, and maybe even become a monastery one day.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #491 on: October 14, 2011, 04:28:44 PM »
And then Night4ce launches a crusade against you at the Church of Mokou, then the Spuds make Hare Jinja (Sunny Shrine) based off those two and win over Hakurei City. :ohdear: </jk, for the first bit at least>
Doesn't matter as long as I can keep mining and selling that obsidian :getdown:. Bulk orders can be negotiated, with lower prices to boot.

TNT mining? Heh. Save those precious TNT charges for villages :getdown:.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #492 on: October 14, 2011, 04:41:02 PM »
we have a shrine in hakuraicity?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #493 on: October 14, 2011, 06:05:01 PM »
No, we don't yet, but I have a feeling one will be made anyway....
Bad command or file name

« Reply #494 on: October 14, 2011, 06:21:03 PM »
you know that you will have to donate corpses for the blazin hellfire xD

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #495 on: October 14, 2011, 07:01:07 PM »
Hehe, that's what Strafe does each time he kills Shady. Or every time one of us (usually me or PX) fall and die.
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #496 on: October 14, 2011, 07:20:26 PM »
Strafe, hop on IRC when you're available so we can discuss the 1.8 upgrade this weekend.

OKAY HERE'S THE DEAL

1.8 is coming tomorrow. I'll be getting to work at around 10 AM (EST).

Here's what I'll be adding during the update:
- Multiverse. Current world will remain as the main world. A second, new world will also be generated.
- I'll try to get Essentials working this time as well.
- I'll also be adding the CustomCrafting mod. This will allow me to add new craft recipes to the game! This will solve the freebie issue by letting you make mundane stuff you couldn't before. Here's a few recipes I'll be adding:
SNOW BLOCK: 4 water buckets = 4 snow blocks. Slow to produce, but free.
CLAY BLOCK: Dirt + sand. Then you get to break it down and cook it to make bricks :V
MOSSY COBBLE: Cobble + seed. This should be easy.
COCOA: Sugar + seed.
APPLE: 4 leaves = 1 apple. You can't really "craft" an apple, so you're supposedly harvesting them from the branches, or something.
CHAIN ARMOR: Available at last! Follows usual armor patterns, but made with rails! Chain armor has the same properties as gold, meaning it is twice as strong as leather but half as strong as iron. You get about 2.5x as much rails per piece of iron though so this is a pretty good deal.

I'd like to add GloWool but it does not support 1.8 currently.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:35:41 PM by Stuffman »

« Reply #497 on: October 14, 2011, 09:23:28 PM »
Hare Jinja (Sunny Shrine)
There is a Sunny Shrine from the PTM world that I forgot to import over. We're waiting on that until after the weekend update.

Speaking of which, we're in the beginning phases of the 1.8.1 update! Stuffman will be informing you guys shortly on how things are going to go. Hopefully our current odd bugs (mob in-fighting, and snowballs) can be fixed with this transition.

I think you are really going to like some of the changes we're going to add. :3  Stay tuned, folks!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #498 on: October 14, 2011, 09:24:30 PM »
There is a Sunny Shrine from the PTM world that I forgot to import over. We're waiting on that until after the weekend update.
Derp, forgot that existed :\

Speaking of which, we're in the beginning phases of the 1.8.1 update! Stuffman will be informing you guys shortly on how things are going to go. Hopefully our current odd bugs (mob in-fighting, and snowballs) can be fixed with this transition.

I think you are really going to like some of the changes we're going to add. :3  Stay tuned, folks!
I already heard some of them from Stuffman. Sounds very nice! *watches warmly*
Bad command or file name

« Reply #499 on: October 14, 2011, 09:58:30 PM »
So are we starting a new map?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #500 on: October 14, 2011, 10:22:39 PM »
OKAY HERE'S THE DEAL

1.8 is coming tomorrow. I'll be getting to work at around 10 AM (EST).
Cue 1.7.3 party later today. If I get up in time (forgot to sleep yesterday) :V

Here's what I'll be adding during the update:
- Multiverse. Current world will remain as the main world. A second, new world will also be generated.
- I'll try to get Essentials working this time as well.
- I'll also be adding the CustomCrafting mod. This will allow me to add new craft recipes to the game! This will solve the freebie issue by letting you make mundane stuff you couldn't before. Here's a few recipes I'll be adding:
SNOW BLOCK: 4 water buckets = 4 snow blocks. Slow to produce, but free.
CLAY BLOCK: Dirt + sand. Then you get to break it down and cook it to make bricks :V
MOSSY COBBLE: Cobble + seed. This should be easy.
COCOA: Sugar + seed.
APPLE: 4 leaves = 1 apple. You can't really "craft" an apple, so you're supposedly harvesting them from the branches, or something.
CHAIN ARMOR: Available at last! Follows usual armor patterns, but made with rails! Chain armor has the same properties as gold, meaning it is twice as strong as leather but half as strong as iron. You get about 2.5x as much rails per piece of iron though so this is a pretty good deal.

I'd like to add GloWool but it does not support 1.8 currently.
Nice ideas! Quick tips:
 - I'd think keeping the buckets when crafting snow blocks is a good idea, much like how cake keeps the buckets (for milk).
 - Clay is much more common in 1.8+, so the clay recipe probably won't be used as often.
 - Warning on 1.8.1 - pumpkin seeds do NOT spawn at all. I'd create a Pumpkin seed recipe (pumpkin + seed?) to alleviate that.
Bad command or file name

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #501 on: October 15, 2011, 12:14:39 AM »
Water buckets for snow? Not a good trade. If only you can separate Water from the Bucket... eh?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #502 on: October 15, 2011, 12:35:52 AM »
I thought it would be obvious that you keep the buckets like in every other recipe :V

This makes it a bit of a pain in the ass to make since you need to grab the buckets off the grid each time and refill them, this is where the "effort" part comes in.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #503 on: October 15, 2011, 08:59:53 AM »
Quick thing I thought of while on server discussing the Crafting Mod with Strafe:

What about a recipe for sponge (eg. Sand and leaves)? This is one of the more popular resources given out (and abused back on PTM), so by adding this, then we can potentially get rid of the controlled free rare items giveaway and sellout that occur every now and then.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #504 on: October 15, 2011, 10:26:24 AM »
What about a recipe for sponge (eg. Sand and leaves)?
I like this. I'm sure it would be simple enough to add to the list.

I know it's kinda late to bring this up, but there is a significant chance that everyone's /home will be compromised as a result of this transfer. Actually, with the reinstall of Essentials. It might revert back to the old saved /sethome list, that is IF they were kept somewhere.. Oh well, at least we won't have the threat of people falling to their deaths upon logging in like our last update. :V

Also, I just want to reiterate something on this new 1.8 world we will be generating: There won't be any schematic imports into that world, and it will likely be deleted once we do our next wave of updates (1.9.whatever). You guys are free to build there, but don't expect anything to be saved. Think of the new world as your Anarchy Zone. >:D

From my perspective, this is a test run. I will be looking at this new construct to see the feasibility of having two main worlds through Multiverse. The strain on the server's resources, etc. I'm still quite concerned about our current map getting corrupted with new chunks being generated from 1.8's algorithms.. Ideally, I would like us to do one final move after all this Adventure Update crap is said and done. For now, let's just (finally) enjoy the goodies of 1.8, while maintaining our established 1.7.3 world.

Hopefully, things won't get fucked up. :V

EDIT- Good grief! I just saved a backup of the world, and it is over 380MB!! Yeah, I'm going to trim out some of the nonsensical areas..

If that don't work, use more EDIT- After noodling around with MC Edit, I got it down to the 250MB range. (the backup, that is. The server still has the gargantuan file size) I need to check with a few players to make sure that the planned cuts don't delete their areas. I'll likely trim everything down a bit more, once I find a safe boundary. I'll keep you guys posted on this, as I'll need to take the server down to upload the more reduced size map files. But first, let's get this 1.8 update out of the way.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:43:03 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #505 on: October 15, 2011, 01:49:40 PM »
Also, I just want to reiterate something on this new 1.8 world we will be generating: There won't be any schematic imports into that world, and it will likely be deleted once we do our next wave of updates (1.9.whatever). You guys are free to build there, but don't expect anything to be saved. Think of the new world as your Anarchy Zone. >:D

Can you guys still import into the old world? I kinda want my old home back after the update and maybe the SDM once I finish the stuff I'm currently building.

« Reply #506 on: October 15, 2011, 01:52:23 PM »
Can you guys still import into the old world? I kinda want my old home back after the update and maybe the SDM once I finish the stuff I'm currently building.
Sure! I'll upload them into the current 1.7.3 world anytime you'd like. Just let me know.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #507 on: October 15, 2011, 01:53:11 PM »
Starting the update now. This might be a bit sticky because some plugins (worldedit for instance) don't have 1.8 updates yet, hopefully they'll still work as intended.

Everyone stay off the server until I say it's okay!

« Reply #508 on: October 15, 2011, 01:53:31 PM »
anyone got a 1.8 minecraft.jar?

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #509 on: October 15, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »
*sunny is waiting*
2 hours and 30 minutes oh my