Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( New Server IP )  (Read 331205 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (NEW WORLD)
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2011, 10:47:42 PM »
But strafe, what will we do about snow?
I'm hearing conflicting reports on snow fields. Some say that they do generate, while others say they do not. If someone can confirm that snowfields DO generate in 1.8, then I'll suggest we go ahead and update so we can play on the server again.

You have to understand that this is more than just updating the server itself. We have to make sure our plugins and stuff works too.

Soo should I update to 1.8? Or will I not get access to the our world?
I suggest making a backup of your Minecraft installation folder. (location found in my earlier post) You can update to 1.8 if you want to, or if you just want to play the game. I still can't confirm when we'll update everything for the server.. but since we can't even connect as 1.7.3, who knows what will happen next.

Unfortunately, we're kinda stuck at this point. I apologize.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2011, 10:49:02 PM »
Soo should I update to 1.8? Or will I not get access to the our world?
Doesn't matter at the current moment. It's impossible to connect either way at the moment. (though it was fine earlier)

If you update to 1.8, you won't be able to get in the server at all when and if it decides to work.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2011, 11:34:30 PM »
sunny loged onto the server

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2011, 11:39:16 PM »
Testing again.

Taiga biomes are there but don't generate snow at all, even with rain effects. Attempts to use a 1.7.3 world and use 1.8 weather effects to generate snow also failed, meaning it's the return of...what was it, pre-1.5 biomes where snow does not re-generate at all?
Unless you planned on building snowmen, however, I see no problems yet.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2011, 11:39:53 PM »
It seems that it was Minecraft.net after all. Perhaps they're overburdened with the update and all.

Alright. We can resume business as usual until whenever we decide to update to 1.8. Enjoy.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2011, 11:43:02 PM »
As I mentioned before, I am reluctant to update to 1.8 until we see the next few bugfix patches.

However, I forgot to consider that this means you guys need to maintain two seperate versions of Minecraft, which is a pain in the ass.

Also the fact that 1.7.3 maps apparently won't play nice with 1.8 is troubling. Me and Strafe will decide what to do sometime this week.

« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2011, 01:51:52 AM »
Quote from: Minecraft 1.8 change log
Snow in Taiga and Tundra biomes does not generate for technical reasons. They will return in Beta 1.9
Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.
Hopefully, snow will accumulate on the ground of 1.8 Taiga biomes once 1.9 is in place. We really don't want to do another map restart, or wait to update until then.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2011, 02:25:03 AM »
I'm thinking, leave the 1.7.3 server up the way it is for now, till the 1.9 update (which hopefully won't be an eternity) so that we can play a bug-free (to the extent of 1.7.3 that is) and stable version, till everything else gets sorted out on Notch's end. I have an original backup of 1.7.3 (without any patches, aka: no optifine), and I can put up a download of it for us to use so we can connect to the server. (I can link to optifine as well, and host it if it goes poof for whatever reason) I know this can be somewhat of a pain for people that want 1.8 for their single player, but it will ensure that we won't have any of the strange issues like no snow on the server from 1.8.

What do you all think? (if this happens, maybe just linking the download in a PM to everyone would be better?)
TF2 Backpack

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2011, 02:59:52 AM »
I'm thinking, leave the 1.7.3 server up the way it is for now, till the 1.9 update (which hopefully won't be an eternity) so that we can play a bug-free (to the extent of 1.7.3 that is) and stable version, till everything else gets sorted out on Notch's end. I have an original backup of 1.7.3 (without any patches, aka: no optifine), and I can put up a download of it for us to use so we can connect to the server. (I can link to optifine as well, and host it if it goes poof for whatever reason) I know this can be somewhat of a pain for people that want 1.8 for their single player, but it will ensure that we won't have any of the strange issues like no snow on the server from 1.8.

What do you all think? (if this happens, maybe just linking the download in a PM to everyone would be better?)
i would love this beause i already updated and i can't find a 1.7.3 file. so please do

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2011, 03:57:04 AM »

Supported, since I already mentioned a similar idea in an earlier post:

I'd actually rather wait for 1.9 (the 'full' Adventure update) for considering the idea of a mass world replacement, given some of 1.8's world generation quirks (no snow biomes, limited strongholds). Then I think we can delete old 1.8 world and old Nether, insert new patched 1.9 versions, and then go back to importing issues so that the 1.7.3 world, which would probably be quite stagnant at this point, can be retired.

On the topic of Optifine, I actually recommend Optifine for everyone - while the effects are clear for low-end systems, for those of us with higher-end ones it adds some neat functions (mipmapping, 3x render distances if your GPU can handle it, HD textures support built right in). I use those advanced settings on my high-end desktop.
However, there are different versions of it (standard, smooth, Multi-thread, and even one that adds AA and AF), so... (I use multi-threaded due to my CPUs being quad and octo-thread).

i would love this beause i already updated and i can't find a 1.7.3 file. so please do
I can PM you mine - I have both vanilla and Optifine + Zombe's Mod versions.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:02:51 AM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2011, 05:53:50 AM »
Eh, he got it. Working fine for him. I realized I needed to replace more than one file for it to be "correct". I put in "version" so it would actually know it was 1.7.3, even though it said so and behaved fine. :V (notchism at work) Also, I stuck in whatever "md5s" was, because it changed creation dates, when everything else seems fine the way they are after the update. (I don't even know what that is)

So, I still could do this thing. As ep suggested, I can always put together MC + any optifine patches, since those are modded in via opening the jar file. I think everyone else should be able to handle other mods. ;)
TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2011, 06:04:55 AM »
Eh, he got it. Working fine for him. I realized I needed to replace more than one file for it to be "correct". I put in "version" so it would actually know it was 1.7.3, even though it said so and behaved fine. :V (notchism at work) Also, I stuck in whatever "md5s" was, because it changed creation dates, when everything else seems fine the way they are after the update. (I don't even know what that is)
MD5s are MD5 checksums/hashes. They are used commonly to verify file integrity.

So, I still could do this thing. As ep suggested, I can always put together MC + any optifine patches, since those are modded in via opening the jar file. I think everyone else should be able to handle other mods. ;)
Note that some mods will need extra configuration on your part (extra files, config changes, etc.).
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2011, 06:13:18 AM »
MD5s are MD5 checksums/hashes. They are used commonly to verify file integrity.
Ah ok.

Note that some mods will need extra configuration on your part (extra files, config changes, etc.).
Yeah, that's not a problem. I had a feeling there would be some mods that would require that. :3
Everything here has been fully backed up. (I even had a 1.6.6 backup :derp:)
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2011, 06:47:07 AM »
Bah I get Failed Login every time I try with 1.7.3.
I think its b/c my brother updated to 1.8 over on his computer and upgraded the account.

Night4ce

• Mokou
  • ^_^
    • Yutube Channel
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2011, 08:41:42 AM »
Minecraft.net is down for maintenance... My Jar file is bad.. NO mobs WHATSOEVER are spawning.. So I'm stuck with a bum jar... Can I get that 1.7.3 from whoever was offering?

« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2011, 08:59:08 AM »
NO mobs WHATSOEVER are spawning
Wait. That's a bad thing?

Can I get that 1.7.3 from whoever was offering?
Supplies are limited. Get yours today! SOLD OUT
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:48:50 AM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2011, 09:04:55 AM »
Sweet back in business. Must have been all those portable minecraft.exes or something being denied server access.

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2011, 06:12:20 PM »
I don't know if the plan is still to wait until 1.9 is released to switch the server to this version, but Notch said something about the Adventure update:
Quote from: Notch
We released Minecraft Beta 1.8! It?s the first half of the Adventure Update, with the remainder coming eventually!
The word "eventually" makes me worry a little about when he will release 1.9, but I'll just wait and see.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2011, 06:12:57 PM »
Server crashed again.

And I had some good stuff on me too. Probably lost all of it as well. :ohdear:

Downloads have been moved to later post because it doesn't look nice to have them clutter this post when it's mainly about crashing IMO. :V

EDIT 2: Aaaand, it's up. And my inventory is still there. :D

EDIT 3: And it's down again.

EDIT 4: It's back up again. Inventory didn't reset this time either. Woot!

EDIT 5: It's down, again.

EDIT 6: No more than a minute, it's up again.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:22:25 PM by Agent of the BSoD »
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2011, 07:14:33 PM »
inb4 its down again :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2011, 07:35:48 PM »
EDIT: Also, here's 1.7.3 + Optifine_HD_G, aka the standard Optifine patch, if anyone wants it. Just replace the files from the downloaded rar to their bin folder in .minecraft, and you're good to go. (note: it may take a few seconds longer to load up the first time after replacement)
You should instead link the Optifine page on Minecraft Forums. For some of us the Smooth or Multi-thread versions work better, and those of us with high-end systems can use the AA/AF experimental version. :V

Also this is important - DELETE the META-INF folder from your minecraft.jar if you install any mods, including Optifine! Can't believe you forgot about that one BSoD.

Me: !rtd
EP used Roll the Dice: He rolled another server crash eventually! D:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:40:22 PM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2011, 09:29:11 PM »
Yep. It seems that the MotK Minecraft experience isn't complete without some server crashing. I feel like Tewi is trolling us remotely somewhere..

I rebooted it a little while ago, because I couldn't get a response from it. Oddly enough, it was running fine at the time. Anyway, I've noticed a bunch of [SEVERE] errors that are continuing to appear in the server log. Most of these originate from  java.net  and sun.net... Yep. Now Java wants in on the server crashing action.  Well, perhaps not server crashing, more like "disconnect players for he hell of it and don't let them back in at times."

Just one more suspect in our colorful lineup of the "Server Crash Crew":  MCMA, Minecraft.net, power outages, Strafe's idiocy,  and now Java. Fun fun fun.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #202 on: September 15, 2011, 10:06:21 PM »
Also this is important - DELETE the META-INF folder from your minecraft.jar if you install any mods, including Optifine! Can't believe you forgot about that one BSoD.
It, is gone. I'm looking at it right now, it's not there. That's very strange. I'll fix the other post once I figure out what's going on. (and link in the Optifine page, which I forgot to do apparently :V)

EDIT: No, it IS gone. I just downloaded what I put up, and it isn't there at all. I don't know what you're seeing then.

DOWNLOADS :]
Just replace the files from the downloaded rar to their bin folder in .minecraft, and you're good to go. (note: it may take a few seconds longer to load up the first time after replacement)

Here is an original version of 1.7.3 if you want that for whatever reason. (note, it has the META-INF folder still inside. Use WinRAR if you want to mod this thing and REMOVE the META-INF folder only if you're modding or just ask me and I'll be happy to assist)

OptiFine 1.7.3_HD_G
Classic, includes support for HD textures, HD fonts and BetterGrass, MCPatcher not needed
this mod adds a lot of options for better looks and performance. Doubling the FPS is common.
Moves fog away, adds mipmaps, chunk loading control (mod CAF), Smooth FPS, brightness control, VSync and many other.

OptiFine 1.7.3_HD_S_G
Smooth, removes lag spikes
FPS much smoother, no more stuttering and freezes. No lag spikes on sunrise/sunset.
The smooth version is cutting edge.
If it works the results are great, if not try the classic one it should always work.

OptiFine 1.7.3_HD_MT_G2
MultiThreaded, uses second core on dualcore CPU-s
On single core CPU: FPS much smoother, no more stuttering and freezes. No lag spikes on sunrise/sunset.
On dual core CPU: even better, chunk loading affects only minimally the FPS.
The multithreaded version is cutting edge.
If it works the results are great, if not try the classic one it should always work.

Experimental OptiFine_1.7.3_HD_AA_G5
Experimental
Adds Antialiasing (AA) and Anisotropic Filtering (AF) to mipmaps.

Here is the official Optifine page.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:37:21 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2011, 11:07:45 PM »
It, is gone. I'm looking at it right now, it's not there. That's very strange. I'll fix the other post once I figure out what's going on. (and link in the Optifine page, which I forgot to do apparently :V)

EDIT: No, it IS gone. I just downloaded what I put up, and it isn't there at all. I don't know what you're seeing then.
Minecraft.jar has this folder built in by default, and if you install any mods you have to remove that folder or you'll get a perpetual black screen before the main menu. Check the original unedited minecraft.jar for proof.
Bad command or file name

Raymoo

• Newbie Grazer
« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2011, 11:50:33 PM »
Yo strafe, I accidentally messed up the water bridges. The first bridge I accidentally bucket'd the water block and fail repaired it. So soz...
It repeats the same melody and crescendos gradually, peacefully, and beautifully. It would be nice if life changed like that; slowly but surely, while being seemingly unchanged from day to day.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #205 on: September 16, 2011, 02:24:43 AM »
Minecraft.jar has this folder built in by default, and if you install any mods you have to remove that folder or you'll get a perpetual black screen before the main menu. Check the original unedited minecraft.jar for proof.
I know it's there. :3 But in the ones I have uploaded, it's gone. (except for the "original" one, which I left a note with) I'm just confused why you stated I forgot about it when I didn't. :|

I'm gonna see about putting other minecraft.jar files together with the different patches from Optifine here, now that I have free time to do so. (see tech thread)

EDIT: Updated earlier post with downloads to all 4 OptiFine patches.
The MultiThreaded is unknown to work for the one reason that my computer can't run it. Someone needs to test it for me that was able to in the past to make sure it works and isn't messed up.

EDIT 2: I think I might've accidentally, the server. Tp'd to spawn, then right back to home to despawn some creepers. Few seconds later, timed out.
Maybe not. The livefeed still works. Maybe what happened is what Strafe said earlier. :|

I find it funny how it says I'm on via livefeed, when I'm not even connected. :V
Nevermind, it's out too.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:32:49 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #206 on: September 16, 2011, 04:34:22 AM »
The MultiThreaded is unknown to work for the one reason that my computer can't run it. Someone needs to test it for me that was able to in the past to make sure it works and isn't messed up.
Blame your CPU. The MT version is designed for those of us with dual-core or better CPUs, usually from the Core (Intel) / K9 (AMD) architectures and later. Pent D is really just two Pent 4 (single-core - they are part of Netburst arch) CPU dies stuck together, and don't work very well in multi-thread operations.

I find it funny how it says I'm on via livefeed, when I'm not even connected. :V
Yeah, that is funny. And of course the server actually is down again....
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:55:04 AM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2011, 04:58:34 AM »
*sigh* Server restarted. I really wish I knew the cause of all these SIGABRT errors. They are the most common errors that I find when the server crashes.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2011, 05:38:57 AM »
Server's down for a bit. Strafe (with a bit of my suggestion on the Linux end) is considering upgrading Mono (what MCMA, a .NET application, uses for our Linux-based server) to try and solve a few problems. Current stable version is 2.10.5 - we are on 2.10.2.

However, how that will work, whether it is possible, as well as which Linux binary to get (since there are several different archive files for varying distros, and Provision Host doesn't clearly state which one they use for visitors), are not as certain.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2011, 06:10:01 AM »
I haven't had much luck with upgrading Mono. I'm not exactly sure which version of Linux we're using, therefore I have no idea of which Mono package to download. Perhaps we should put in a ticket to see if Provision Host can update it for us. I don't really want to screw anything up.

Server is back up again...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:15:47 AM by Dr.Strafe »