Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( New Server IP )  (Read 328514 times)

CadrinHaverit

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( 1.8 - NEW WORLD(S) )
« Reply #990 on: November 24, 2011, 08:25:43 PM »
No. All bans are permabans.

I have no reason to think you won't grief again as soon as you get bored.
Can not has?... Well.
Indeed you have none. That's life, I guess.
That tower is/was pretty bland anyway. Just all cobble and glass. But since EP disliked it, he and I must have different tastes in architecture.
Yeah, I asked because of Strafe saying in an announcement that I am not banned outright but you two have to talk things over. I sort of stopped reading after that point as I actually took a break from MC. Thanks for clearing that up. So long guys.

Wait. One more thing:
Strafe wiped it out inadvertently when he did a rollback of the Peace sign.
I had a hard time believing this. Because there must have been at least a couple days between the construction of the shrine coming to a stop because of lack of materials and me randomly deciding that it's vandalism time. It must have caused more damage than my operation itself. I don't even think there were any more "incidents" as Doc put it, not by me anyway. (And Tom apparently just stole and hax0r'd items in his inventory, nothing particularly damaging to others' property.) Heck, I could have even repaired the damage to the tower if you told me to. Oh well, at least the sunflower field got restored in result of that roll-back, I reckon. Yeah, adding the Wrath of Yuuka button was just dumb. It did not even belong to me but I TNT'd it all up...

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #991 on: November 24, 2011, 10:23:01 PM »
Videos are up!

The Lava Swimming Squid
Giant on Looping Rail

Spoiler:
Not sue if it's just me, but I think there's a coloring problem on the second video once it uploaded. I think I may know why.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #992 on: November 24, 2011, 11:29:55 PM »
The Lava Swimming Squid
ITT we find out Mojang never really got around to adding fire damage to squid. :V
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #993 on: November 25, 2011, 12:45:23 AM »
That tower is/was pretty bland anyway. Just all cobble and glass. But since EP disliked it, he and I must have different tastes in architecture.
Admittedly it's very simple, but it was designed in that manner. I like the simplicity. :V

Wait. One more thing:...
Rollbacks affect anything within a timeframe/area/etc. given by the user when the command is sent. Strafe must've made it a global rollback of your things by a few days.

The field wasn't restored, though, with that command.

I don't even think there were any more "incidents" as Doc put it, not by me anyway. (And Tom apparently just stole and hax0r'd items in his inventory, nothing particularly damaging to others' property.)
Well, when Strafe and I went to your lighthouse to reclaim the goods, we noticed evidence of inventory hacking (stacked minecarts and music discs)...we have a bit of a vague position on that, but it's generally frowned upon. And as for Artemis, well, theft is nonetheless considered griefing.

Videos are up!

The Lava Swimming Squid
Giant on Looping Rail

Spoiler:
Not sue if it's just me, but I think there's a coloring problem on the second video once it uploaded. I think I may know why.
Lava Squid: Classic.
Giant Rail: So stupid yet I can't stop laughing at it. And that web-003 was my attempt to figure out what was going on. :V

And as there are 7 posts left here I say we move video and other discussion to the main thread for now, and leave the remaining posts for server status and update progression.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:47:06 AM by ロケット Copy/Fax Machines »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #994 on: November 25, 2011, 12:47:17 AM »
Yeah, I asked because of Strafe saying in an announcement that I am not banned outright but you two have to talk things over. I sort of stopped reading after that point as I actually took a break from MC. Thanks for clearing that up. So long guys.
We did discuss it, and it ended up siding against you. That's just how it is. I gave you your extra chance after the sunflower field TNT incident, but you made me regret that just days later. To be clear, I didn't ban you; I removed you from the whitelist. Stuffman summed up my thoughts with "I have no reason to think you won't grief again as soon as you get bored." What's done is done.

Wait. One more thing:...
I had a hard time believing this. Because there must have been at least a couple days between the construction of the shrine coming to a stop because of lack of materials and me randomly deciding that it's vandalism time. It must have caused more damage than my operation itself. I don't even think there were any more "incidents" as Doc put it, not by me anyway. (And Tom apparently just stole and hax0r'd items in his inventory, nothing particularly damaging to others' property.) Heck, I could have even repaired the damage to the tower if you told me to. Oh well, at least the sunflower field got restored in result of that roll-back, I reckon. Yeah, adding the Wrath of Yuuka button was just dumb. It did not even belong to me but I TNT'd it all up...
The Peace Sign was the first instance in which I used the rollback commands. I didn't really feel like replacing the blocks manually. I ended up doing the command twice: The first one wasn't enough of a rollback, the second one was too much of one. We only realized that your Moon Temple was wiped a couple of days later. Also, the rollback pertains to blocks that have been placed, not blocks that have been destroyed. I constructed a "memorial" at the site of the TNT blast zone prior to the rollback. After the rollback, the memorial remained, yet the sunflowers were still gone.

Videos are up!
Awesome. Now everyone can watch me fail at sending the giant into the lava pool. Damn South/West rule. >:(

Question: What with creative mode and shit, is it possible to have a creative world simultaneous to the SMP one?

this is probably a stupid question
Oh no, it's not a stupid question; it's more of a game-breaking one. :V Back in DDR's server we had a griefer that was given a special [Builder] rank which allowed him to summon any item in the game that he wanted. He ended up supplying all of the other griefers with their tools and stuff whenever they were "colonizing" Sphere world. (long story..) Anyway, I think that by allowing Creative mode in one of the worlds (if it was possible), that would open up the same opportunity for item abuse. No, not griefing.. but just the ability to create or destroy anything. From my experience, Creative Mode is quite dangerous if you don't pay attention to what you are doing. :V

Huh. Well, we're almost out of replies on this thread. I wonder.... Should I take the server down once this thread gets auto-locked? >:D

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #995 on: November 25, 2011, 04:58:18 AM »
That's why I asked, I wondered if there was any way(a mod, perhaps, but Stuff cleared that up) to block inventory from going from one world to the other and back. This way people could go nuts in creative mode ( 1. Go to Creative world 2. Fill inventory with diamond blocks 3. ?????? 4. Profit :V ) without being able to bring anything back to Survival world. Doesn't seem possible though
                                                                                   .

« Reply #996 on: November 25, 2011, 06:00:05 AM »
I think world-specific player inventories is possible if we sift through the plugin options. I think I saw something along those lines. The tricky part would be having the one world be the only one that grants Creative powers. Perhaps it could be a Permissions thing in conjunction with MultiVerse, but it sounds like a real pain to set up.

Anyway, wouldn't Creative Mode kill people's sense of accomplishment and desire to build? (in time, that is)

Ok. I'm done conversing in this thread. My next post (if I get one :V) will be about the server shutting down for the update.

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #997 on: November 25, 2011, 03:56:15 PM »
Well, when Strafe and I went to your lighthouse to reclaim the goods, we noticed evidence of inventory hacking (stacked minecarts and music discs)...we have a bit of a vague position on that, but it's generally frowned upon. And as for Artemis, well, theft is nonetheless considered griefing.
Whoa. You are wrong here. (And anyway, you can hack inventories in multiplayer?)
The records were farmed using Kiershar's method demonstrated in this video, back in the Koishiville world. It's a simple extension to a mob grinder. (I had one back then, it wasn't very efficient, though.)
As for the minecarts, I wanted to make a minecart-based cargo hold one day instead of the simple warehouse I ultimately opted for. But then I learned that I can't get the powered rails to push rows of 8 minecarts at once, so I scrapped the design and was left with heaps of surplus minecarts I had no idea what to do with.
(I thought you said that it was Tom who was hax0ring stuff into his inventory, not me...)
I can confess that I did steal something too, though: stole Sunny's lapis and then gave her back 9x the amount stolen (talked it over with her but I don't think she cared) and took three diamonds from someone's chest, then returned them later that day. I don't think he/she noticed. Mostly did it because everyone was away while I was online and I could not care to wait, so...

We did discuss it, and it ended up siding against you. That's just how it is. I gave you your extra chance after the sunflower field TNT incident, but you made me regret that just days later. To be clear, I didn't ban you; I removed you from the whitelist. Stuffman summed up my thoughts with "I have no reason to think you won't grief again as soon as you get bored." What's done is done.
(Ah, removing from whitelist and banning is the same to me, it probably isn't in Minecraft.)
I actually learned that you ought to ask people first before touching their blocks, so while I do not regret my griefing much (except for allowing others to blow up Dora's sunflower field, though it was minor damage, but largely irreparable regardless, and I never had an idea how I would have been able to repair the possible damage, which was retarded on a whole new level) and would certainly like to work on other people's constructions, these days I would ask people if I can "enhance" their stuff a little, but I've been thinking and figured that maybe it's better if I stay away from the server after all anyway, lest the people get a bad example and start doing outrageous shit thinking they can get away with it.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #998 on: November 26, 2011, 01:09:00 AM »
Sorry to bump again and nose in but

I actually learned that you ought to ask people first before touching their blocks
Am I the only one baffled every time I see people actually have to *learn* stuff like this? I mean, it should be, how should I put it, obvious. :|
                                                                                   .

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #999 on: November 27, 2011, 04:09:46 PM »
SO HEY

Apparently Prohoster decided to move our server to new hardware! This is all fine and dandy but I need to get everything set up because the transition was hardly seamless.

The old server is still there for now but I need to make backups and stuff. The server is down until further notice. I'll let you know when you can get back in at the new address.

UPDATE:
Okay actually it looks like everything is in one piece, it's just that they restarted MCMyAdmin when they moved the server and I had to turn it off again for our whitelist to work.

The new server IP is: 64.31.14.242 - update your links!

Just to clarify, because I'm expecting the confusion: We have not updated to 1.0. This was just a hardware move.

Post #1000 is reserved for me or Strafe announcing the server going down for the 1.0 update, so if you encounter any problems please PM me :V
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 04:34:39 PM by Stuffman »

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( New Server IP )
« Reply #1000 on: December 04, 2011, 11:17:06 PM »
IT IS TIME.

No, Bukkit hasn't updated to a final release yet, but Stuffman and I are tired of waiting on them. As per his suggestion, we will be updating the server using the latest dev build of CraftBukkit. Since it is not a final release, everyone should expect some issues and possible instability. That's just something we're going to have to deal with. It's either that, or continue waiting..

Anyway, since the server has sat unoccupied for several days now, I'm going to finish up the schematic work and then hand everything over to Stuffman to do his thing. We will launch a new thread once we're ready, so please wait until then to log back in. Hopefully everything works out and we can all have fun with our server again!

Mods and/or Janitors: Please go ahead and lock this thread.

[matsuri]You got it.[/matsuri]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:21:07 PM by Mami Tomatsuri »