Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207249 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #900 on: October 26, 2011, 02:05:03 PM »
Unlocked Youmu's alt ending.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA this stuff is GOLD.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #901 on: October 26, 2011, 07:04:51 PM »
It's nearly embarrassing to post here for something like this if you read of all those great feats.

First Reimu B PCB Extra clear, first try in a while, 2 lives in stock, could've been three if I hadn't noticed my life-counter to have a bit of a panic-attack at Ran's last spellcard (or maybe not, it just entered it's last stage and it was my first time facing this). Not as bad as my nigh-deathless IN Hard run I guess: only noticed at Eirin that I didn't die at all, so I panicked ('will I make it?!') and died twice.

Didn't play this one a lot and it was supposed to be a casual run, call me surprised. 'bout time to get my behind kicked by Yukari.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:08:21 PM by qno2 »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #902 on: October 27, 2011, 02:04:27 AM »
It's nearly embarrassing to post here for something like this if you read of all those great feats.

Don't feel that way. An accomplishment is an accomplishment, no matter what skill level you are. Good job on your first PCB extra clear! That one's a pretty tough one as far as extra stages go.

Didn't play this one a lot and it was supposed to be a casual run, call me surprised. 'bout time to get my behind kicked by Yukari.

Prepare to be surprised. Yukari's not much harder than Ran, and you have the added advantage that most of her spell cards resemble Ran's, so you already know how to dodge them.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #903 on: October 27, 2011, 05:15:33 AM »
Quote from: nintendonut888
Prepare to be surprised. Yukari's not much harder than Ran, and you have the added advantage that most of her spell cards resemble Ran's, so you already know how to dodge them.
Ah yes, I saw that discussion somewhere on this forum about which form is harder.

Well, didn't make it on my first try (no surprise either) but I felt content for the night so I didn't pursue it any further.
Don't feel that way. An accomplishment is an accomplishment, no matter what skill level you are. Good job on your first PCB extra clear! That one's a pretty tough one as far as extra stages go.
Guess I should take those feats as an inspiration to try and recreate.

Little question that's kind of related to the topic: When you clear DS completely you get that congratulations-screen: I'm wondering if some lines change depending on your performance.

For example, when it says
Spoiler:
'You are amazing! (mostly for perseverance)'
  (the part in brackets knows me well...) would someone with a better overall performance only be
Spoiler:
"amazing" without the perseverance
? Wouldn't think so but wouldn't put it past Kinzo ZUN either.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:33:38 AM by qno2 »

« Reply #904 on: October 27, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
New Impossible Request: "Seamless Ceiling of Kinkaku-ji" capture.

...and I still haven't unlocked StB extra. :wat:

Oh well, just having captured it despite having no clue how to herd the bullet walls makes me so happy :toot:

psyfaqs111

• Computer fixed, all hyped ready too go and then.....
  • No, NO FLANDRE, YOU CANNOT DESTROY IT
« Reply #905 on: October 27, 2011, 08:28:39 PM »
Is being able to capture kanako's MoF on normal on the first try an accomplishment?

« Reply #906 on: October 27, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »
Yesterday I cleared PCB Extra for the first time. Today, stuff happened. I apologize for the length.

Morning: Decided to play some EoSD Extra. I tried this stage a few more times than PCB Extra so this was a bit overdue and using ReimuA I beat it for the first time (one life in stock).
Despite that I had some incredible derp at 'Cranberry Trap' (lost one life with bombs and used another bomb after that... ouch), 'Forbidden Barrage' (the hitbox of those clock-lasers still puzzles me) and Flandre's survival card. The only "yay"-Part of this run was not losing a life at 'Maze of Love', instead I just used two bombs ... success... I guess...

Afternoon: Wanted to keep going as long as I seem to have the 'fire'. What comes to mind with fire? Yes, a phoenix, thank you: IN Extra was my next stop.

Derp at 'Fire Bird' (2 bombs and 1 life, how did I even manage to screw this up so much?) and 'Possessed by Phoenix' (the second phase...) but beat it too, again the first time (and according to my Spellcard Results I played this stage 8 times in total).

After it seemed that I had more fire than a Phoenix I would've thought to stop for today but no.

Evening: I'm really bad at MoF, let's get this out of the way. For some reason I have real trouble with precise movement in this one and I sometimes hate this game solely for those black-orb bullets.
Best time to try to 1cc it on hard-mode.

Played with ReimuA, made it for the first time in one go to VoWG and ... failed. Can happen, tried again. VoWG didn't let me though. The same happened with ReimuB and C. Even though I captured it before; I wouldn't expect to capture it now (nervosity) but I should be able to do it with bombs and one or two lives in stock, right? I was frustrated.

In my frustration I played it again, this time with MarisaA and her HUGE hitbox. It was a terrible run. Lots of derp-deaths, frustration bombing, not caring a bit anymore, it was a failed run in my eyes.
Strangely enough, this terrible run overcame VoWG (kind of) ; I had no lives in stock and no more energy for another bomb, nothing was left, but Kanako went down.

It took a while until my hands calmed down.

All in all:

2 Extra stages, one (terrible) hard 1cc. Not a bad day.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:55:58 PM by qno2 »

« Reply #907 on: October 27, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »
Is being able to capture kanako's MoF on normal on the first try an accomplishment?

Depends on how skilled you are. If you feel accomplished then its an accomplishment. There is not really any specific requirements for something to qualify as an accomplishment.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #908 on: October 27, 2011, 09:13:09 PM »
Depends on how skilled you are. If you feel accomplished then its an accomplishment. There is not really any specific requirements for something to qualify as an accomplishment.

This right here, like the intro post says. An accomplishment is an accomplishment. No matter how large or small.

That said I just 1cc'd PCB Normal again, ending with 1/1. It certainly wasn't as nerve-wracking as last time.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

nintendonut888

« Reply #909 on: October 28, 2011, 01:47:17 AM »
Little question that's kind of related to the topic: When you clear DS completely you get that congratulations-screen: I'm wondering if some lines change depending on your performance.

For example, when it says
Spoiler:
'You are amazing! (mostly for perseverance)'
  (the part in brackets knows me well...) would someone with a better overall performance only be
Spoiler:
"amazing" without the perseverance
? Wouldn't think so but wouldn't put it past Kinzo ZUN either.

Nope, it's the same. I'm sure it applies no matter how well you do. BV
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #910 on: October 28, 2011, 05:11:49 AM »
I'm always breaking my previous score in TD with Youmu :3

Though now I'm a few million short of 1 billion :<

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Zil

« Reply #911 on: October 28, 2011, 06:39:06 AM »
Got flawless time-outs of every overdrive spell from Ten Desires. Did it all in one night too.  :smug:

Fabulous replay (enjoy  :3) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbqty10n0X8

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #912 on: October 28, 2011, 01:50:14 PM »
Huwah, this took a couple of tries, but I made it nevertheless.

Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana Timeout (In card 221)

Damn, that was fun.

« Reply #913 on: October 28, 2011, 03:53:31 PM »
And down goes Suwako. Pretty fun Extra-stage but it made me hate Marisa's hitbox even more. Why did your run succeed and none of Reimu's did?

Edit:

After taking her down: indeed, not much different. Though the first time I fell for her trick right at the end of her last spellcard (not that I had a choice without lives in stock and bombs). But I hoped, I sincerely hoped: what a troll.

Guess that's it for first time clears of Extra stages; SA and UFO hard are out of my league right now so I won't see those two Extra Stages for a while (sucks to be stubborn) and I don't really feel like playing TD at the moment (lack of ressources as a means of creating difficulty made EoSD already a very 'special' experience).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:16:20 PM by qno2 »

Zil

« Reply #914 on: October 29, 2011, 12:19:23 AM »
Guess that's it for first time clears of Extra stages; SA and UFO hard are out of my league right now so I won't see those two Extra Stages for a while (sucks to be stubborn) and I don't really feel like playing TD at the moment (lack of ressources as a means of creating difficulty made EoSD already a very 'special' experience).
You know you only have to clear them on normal to get the extra stage right? And assuming you cleared MoF on Hard, SA probobly isn't out of your league. People say it's the hardest, but I'd say it's easy with all the lives and power items you get. Just bomb liberally and you get through.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #915 on: October 29, 2011, 12:25:28 AM »
Just go through normal to unlock the extras.
If you MUST do hard mode first, Subterranean Animism's hard is not hard aside from Stage 5, but Stage 6 is yawn easy in comparison.
UFO's hard...no, just no.  If you're set on doing it, SanaeB is the way to go.
My first clears of TD normal and TD extra both had 3 deaths, 1 life at the clear.  The difficulty of this extra comes more from wonky hitboxes than anything else.

« Reply #916 on: October 29, 2011, 06:42:24 AM »
I am aware that only normal is necessary to unlock Extra but personally I prefer to have something to work for. I was actually a bit disappointed when IN and PCB weren't really an issue after EoSD hard.
Quote from: I have no name
UFO's hard...no, just no.
Haven't even seen Byakuren though maybe I'll finally be able to break down the Shou wall, haven't tried in a while.

Sorry for straying a bit off-topic.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:47:01 AM by qno2 »

ark

• みょん
« Reply #917 on: October 29, 2011, 07:19:25 AM »
SA Lunatic 75fps 1cc. Once again, 90fps proved to be too hard; I couldn't get past stage 4. Went down to 75 and got it first try.

« Reply #918 on: October 29, 2011, 12:38:26 PM »
Almost completed the transition from Hard mode to Lunatic mode. Too bad died in PCB on Yuyuko's 2nd last spell.

« Reply #919 on: October 29, 2011, 12:57:20 PM »

Damn, that was fun.

This gave me the urge to give the challenge a shot and after 350 tries i managed to do it!

The two last blue and purple waves feel really luck based though since you don't really have space to dodge the crossing red butterflies if they decide to wall you (tried to dodge it higher but
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #920 on: October 29, 2011, 02:24:44 PM »
Almost completed the transition from Hard mode to Lunatic mode. Too bad died in PCB on Yuyuko's 2nd last spell.

Funny that, tried the same today and also failed somewhere around there.

Then I tried again. Keep going, victory is in your grasp!

Second half is basically me bombing with occasional dodging and I didn't capture a whole lot either (due to conventional death/bombing and/or tactical cherry border abuse).
Especially stage 4 + boss went horrible.

Featuring "Focus-dancing" in the first few stages due to having played them way too much back on hard mode.
In case it's relevant: I used the vsync patch.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 02:30:16 PM by qno2 »

« Reply #921 on: October 29, 2011, 03:30:14 PM »
This gave me the urge to give the challenge a shot and after 350 tries i managed to do it!
The two last blue and purple waves feel really luck based though since you don't really have space to dodge the crossing red butterflies if they decide to wall you (tried to dodge it higher but

Damn, that was fun.

Nice going both of you.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #922 on: October 30, 2011, 09:23:33 PM »
I managed a few things today:

1: I perfected up to and includeing Stage 3 of PCB. Then got my rear handed to me by Stage 4. [As far as I've gotten in PCB. My best character is Sakyua B... and that gives me the most hellish of the Primsiver's first nonspells :/] Considering my usual difficulty against Chen's Sage Rumbling spell, and Alice's London Dolls...

2: I managed to get to Cirino on Hard Mode of ESoD. Bear in mind I've not even got past Stage 4 on ESoD Normal Mode as a 1CC. [Patch keeps killing me]

3: Captured all four of Hina's Spells on MoF Normal Mode. I usually die at the Midboss card

4: Got to the Stage 3 Boss on UFO. I've only ever got to the midboss. I also captured Kagosta's First boss card, which is also a first for me.

For a guy that's never done a 1CC [And only ever got as far as Stage 5 in any Touhou game [That being Imperishable Night]], I'd say this is a good sign.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #923 on: October 30, 2011, 11:37:33 PM »
I successfully completed my first Touhou 1cc on normal or higher today. I am very proud of myself.

264,685,580 - Reimu - Touhou 13 Ten Desires - REPLAAAAAYYYYYYYYY
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #924 on: October 31, 2011, 01:45:22 AM »
Blah, finally got around to uploading replays of Kaguya's cards at 90fps, including Rising World. The hardest ;;

« Reply #925 on: October 31, 2011, 03:12:38 AM »
I managed to beat Koishi. FINALLY. How I managed to no-death Yukari, no-bomb Mokou, and no-death Suwako before a simple clear of Koishi is just beyond me.

Just glad that's out of the way. That's all extra bosses clear on games I actually play. Maybe I'll try to get EoSD working again. I really want a fair shot at Flandre, she looks really fun from the videos I've seen.

« Reply #926 on: October 31, 2011, 03:30:31 PM »
DS ALL with Aya!

StB won't be happening until a while, since the 5 2 cards that i didn't cap yet make me a very angry person)

EDIT: Or not
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:32:53 PM by BLUTravel »
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #927 on: October 31, 2011, 07:10:30 PM »
90fps UFO Extra Clear.

Those reflex dodging cards were... Interesting.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #928 on: November 01, 2011, 03:09:59 AM »
90fps UFO Extra Clear.

Those reflex dodging cards were... Interesting.

Why do you love UFO so much?
I wanna love it, too...  :ohdear:

nintendonut888

« Reply #929 on: November 01, 2011, 03:22:30 AM »
Hah... My experimentations on Scarlet Meister are beginning to bear fruit. I am just beginning to understand this card...

EDIT: Ha ha ha, I got it! I got it I got it I got it I GOT IIIIIT~! I think I have cracked Scarlet Meister as much as it is ever going to be cracked!

What you got to do, see, is be very defensive. Start the card out by directing the first wave at nearly horizontal Remi's position. Alternate corners, but don't get stuck in one no matter what you do. While the waves are being formed and you're dashing between corners, look at the waves being created. If one has few or no metal fatigue bullets, take that opening. Avoid dealing with metal fatigue bullets at all costs. Be defensive, and don't worry about capturing it - timing it out is just about the same length of time, and it's a lot less risky.

The joke? All this analysis, and I haven't captured it once since starting.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:40:17 AM by nintendonut888 »