Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207239 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #690 on: October 02, 2011, 07:43:21 PM »
Finally cleared PCB Extra with Sakuya A, capturing Descendent as well.
Also got up to BoH&Y in Phantasm but damn, this whole stage is hell. No way is Phantasm easier than Extra.

The stage isn't, but some of Yukari's spells are much easier than Ran's counterparts.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #691 on: October 02, 2011, 07:58:00 PM »
Namely, Xanadu of Straight and Curve, right? :P

I got to stage 4 on MoF Lunatic!! :V
Shut up. For me that is an achievement.

...I have to go and clear IN twice again so I can find Mokou and prove to someone here (Forgot who it was, sorry) how bad I am at Possessed by Phoenix.
I'll post when that happens...

« Reply #692 on: October 02, 2011, 08:09:58 PM »
Namely, Xanadu of Straight and Curve, right? :P

Maybe. I never had any troubles with Ran's version nor Yukari's.
Also. Yukari's 2nd one seems easier than Ran's 2nd and one of my friends tells me that the survival is a bit harder with Ran than Yukari. I don't know about that though.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #693 on: October 02, 2011, 08:35:23 PM »
I have more captures in Humans & Youkai than Kokkuri-san. Also, Yukari's spiriting away is easier than Princess Tenko IMO

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #694 on: October 02, 2011, 08:42:49 PM »
Maybe it's because the H&Y blues fly faster than the KS ones and create larger gaps... ?
Princess Tenko is also probably harder because it isn't nearly as orderly as Spiriting Away~

« Reply #695 on: October 02, 2011, 09:09:04 PM »
But you have a smaller area to dodge in on BoHaY

« Reply #696 on: October 02, 2011, 09:10:13 PM »
I find Princess Tenko and Xanadu of Straight and Curve easier, but the rest are harder. Her 2nd card looks easy in replays but I can't seem to do it properly in actual gameplay. From what I've seen of it, BoH&Y seems harder because it involves more diagonal movement.
I would be able to beat Phantasm if I could just get the stage and her first card down, though.

« Reply #697 on: October 02, 2011, 09:24:10 PM »
You're not forced to move diagonally in BoHaY. It tries to trick you into doing so, but if you do you're pretty much asking to be hit. There's more than enough time to use vertical and horizontal movement on that part and avoiding diagonal movement.

As for me which cards are easier

1st card: Ran
2nd: Yukari
3rd: Ran
4th: Yukari
5th: Equally Easy
6th: Equally Easy
7th: Ran
8th : Yukari's
Survival: Ran's
Final: Yukari's(I've safespotted it more times than I've safespotted Ran's. About equally hard otherwise)

And of course Ran doesn't have the second survival. It's been so long since I played PCB, so I don't remember if it was Mesh of Light and Dark/Youkai Laser or Xanadu/Charming Siege that came first. 3rd and 4th may need to be switched if I screwed up the order, but I don't think I did. hell, I may have gotten the number of cards wrong.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:26:25 PM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #698 on: October 02, 2011, 09:50:04 PM »
Both Ran and Yukari's second cards are memo, but if you ask me Yukari's is a bit harder to understand at first, so I'd give the edge to that one. And Yukari's 8th isn't easier. You have to be constantly misdirecting Ran, whereas you get big breaks in between Chen's few trips to the bottom. I think the 9th and 10th cards for both are also close enough to call them equal. Other than that, Enigma's list is pretty much the accepted order of difficulty for everything.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #699 on: October 02, 2011, 09:58:12 PM »
YES
utsuho can EAT IT~
Also, a score of 310,000,000.
No idea how.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #700 on: October 02, 2011, 10:49:56 PM »
I'd say Ran's version of the survival card is easier because I have 2 captures of it-one of which was no focus.  Yukari's version I've never captured, nor aced more than one phase (beginning, moving, end) in a run.
Mountain of Faith easy capture!  Also Kanako's 4th spell on easy captured, both of which are harder than the normal versions.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #701 on: October 02, 2011, 10:54:38 PM »
I've captured Kokurri-san, twice.
Not so with BoHaY.
Probably because of the atmosphere.

Also, I forgot to mention, but I captured Subterranean Sun in that last replay
How that escaped me is anyone's guess but STILL

tears of blood in the extra stage though god damn where the hell are my extends

« Reply #702 on: October 02, 2011, 10:55:25 PM »
And Yukari's 8th isn't easier. You have to be constantly misdirecting Ran, whereas you get big breaks in between Chen's few trips to the bottom.

I always found Yukari's version easier when I used to play that stage regularly. Ran being aimed for you is no problem at all but Chen's pattern comes off as more unpredictable. Even when playing the two cards today, I usually capture them regardless of the version but Chen sometimes surprises me by moving in a way I didn't expect it to.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #703 on: October 03, 2011, 12:19:31 AM »
And Yukari's 8th isn't easier. You have to be constantly misdirecting Ran, whereas you get big breaks in between Chen's few trips to the bottom.
There's a reason the meme is "CHEEEEEEEEN!!!!" and not "RAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!"

« Reply #704 on: October 03, 2011, 01:17:07 AM »
I'd say Ran's version of the survival card is easier because I have 2 captures of it-one of which was no focus.  Yukari's version I've never captured, nor aced more than one phase (beginning, moving, end) in a run.
Mountain of Faith easy capture!  Also Kanako's 4th spell on easy captured, both of which are harder than the normal versions.

You can stream Kanako's 4th vertically and kill it before you reach the bottom of the screen :V

Her 3rd card can be captured without moving away from the bottom center of the screen, it's cool when it works.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #705 on: October 03, 2011, 08:27:05 AM »
PCB Ultra phantasm clear cuz I suck.

Also PCB Ultra Lunatic 1cc
on max lives  :fail: :colonveeplusalpha:

I suck at touhou.

« Reply #706 on: October 03, 2011, 08:38:31 AM »
You can stream Kanako's 4th vertically and kill it before you reach the bottom of the screen :V

Mind demonstrating that? I'd actually be a bit interested in it. Its the only easy card in the series I can't capture consistently.

« Reply #707 on: October 03, 2011, 10:26:14 AM »

As for me which cards are easier

1st card: Ran
2nd: Yukari
3rd: Ran
4th: Yukari
5th: Equally Easy
6th: Equally Easy
7th: Ran
8th : Yukari's
Survival: Ran's
Final: Yukari's(I've safespotted it more times than I've safespotted Ran's. About equally hard otherwise)
For me
Dreams/Reality is harder, I can't seem to get this one consistently
Motion/Silence is slightly harder. I captured Ran's on my first try, while Yukari's took a few tries, and I still haven't done it non-homing, which would be worse
Mesh is way harder
Xanadu is easier, though I often get clipped in it. I've captured it more than Charming Siege though
5th cards are both jokes
6th cards are also jokes
For the 7th card I haven't captured either, and it's mostly bombspam for me
Shikigami Chen took quite a few times for me to figure out, but it's still easier than misdirecting Ran for me. I think I nearly timed out Shikigami Ran before (unintentionally)
BoHaY is slightly carder, not like I've captured either
I refuse to safespot BoLaD, and probably can't do it anyway. Both are hard, but BoLaD wins due to the extra phase.

And Yukari's Arcanum just screws me.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #708 on: October 03, 2011, 11:07:34 AM »
Wow, it's been a while since I 1cc'd UFO.

Cleared with 3 lives left. So very close to no-miss Byakuren. :c

« Reply #709 on: October 03, 2011, 11:29:22 AM »
Mind demonstrating that? I'd actually be a bit interested in it. Its the only easy card in the series I can't capture consistently.

Here you go!  Start close to her and stream downwards, really slowly. Look at the arrow shots for an opening to make it work no horizontal.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #710 on: October 03, 2011, 11:39:39 AM »
Oh... yeah, I didn't have full power when I reached it. Bombed my way through to speed things up. It doesn't look very reliable though. Kanako random movement, not having power enough, moving a bit too fast. I think i'd rather do it the normal way... if I played easy mode anyway.  ;)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #711 on: October 03, 2011, 02:16:24 PM »
My spell capture history on Illusionary Dominance (hard) is 3/3.  Might as well see if I can get PWG.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #712 on: October 03, 2011, 02:37:47 PM »
Last night during the downtime, I finally no death clear'd 10D extra. With that, I've regained my bragging rights accomplishment of having beat every Windows stage on lunatic without dying. -v-
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #713 on: October 03, 2011, 03:08:09 PM »
Here's a timeout of Mamizou's Overdrive.
Are the birds actually supposed to be that random, or is there a way to time this card out without a bit of luck?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #714 on: October 03, 2011, 03:32:42 PM »
Mountain of Faith hard 1cc, with ReimuB.  Finally got around to going for it with a shot type other than ReimuA.
Stage 1: perfect
Stage 2: according to  plan, aside from a death to Hina's last nonspell.
Stage 3: would have liked to have captured Hydro Camouflage and Exteeeending Aaaarm, but no deaths is good.
Stage 4: 1 bomb Aya wut (to the last nonspell)
Stage 5: 4/5 spells captured, only missed Sanae's first boss card, which I died TWICE to, lowering my faith from 800k+ to 400k
Stage 6: no deaths until VoWG, ended with a final score of around 625 million.  Without the 3 easily avoidable deaths that could have been a billion, and I don't scorerun.

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16178

« Reply #715 on: October 04, 2011, 03:50:32 PM »
EoSD Ultra Lunatic 1cc
Now if I find a way to get videos to both play sound and not look like vomit, this will be on Youtube. Zero success there yet.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #716 on: October 04, 2011, 10:58:51 PM »
Finally capped Thousand Needle Mountain (on lunatic). I've never capped it on hard though. :derp: The practice run was failed though from clipping, but I'm still happy I pulled that off. I don't know why I have issues with that card when that cap was no effort.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

ark

• みょん
« Reply #717 on: October 05, 2011, 12:04:01 AM »
EoSD Ultra Lunatic 1cc
Now if I find a way to get videos to both play sound and not look like vomit, this will be on Youtube. Zero success there yet.
When I post videos on youtube, I upscale them to something stupid like 1920x1440 (nearest neighbour). That's probably overkill, but even just scaling to 1280x960 will make it look good at both 720p and 480p. I also go overkill on the bitrate, but whatever.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #718 on: October 05, 2011, 04:29:23 PM »
Phantasmagoria Trues Unlimited Mode TLB 1cc.

This is how TD hypers should have been handled.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #719 on: October 05, 2011, 07:33:06 PM »
Phantasmagoria Trues Unlimited Mode TLB 1cc.

This is how TD hypers should have been handled.

> 18 0000 0000 0000 0000

srsly

Nice job though, looks hard.