Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207255 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #630 on: September 27, 2011, 04:42:07 PM »
Got a couple Maze of Love caps (micrododge method) :V.  That just leaves QED now!

Let us know when you join the "die as Flandre's shooting smoke" club. We'll be waiting for you. :P It's like a rite of passage.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #631 on: September 27, 2011, 05:51:37 PM »
Its a process that everyone passes through at least. I'd say the actual rite is capping it though. :)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #632 on: September 27, 2011, 06:14:18 PM »
All that recent talk about the photography games somehow made me want to go replay a couple of scenes. Cleared Pandemonium again after like 400 shots, much less than the 1500 or so it took for the first.

I wonder, would piano-based Touhou accomplishments even count here? Because I'm making some surprising progress on a particular arrange of Necro-Fantasy, despite coming off what was effectively a three-year break.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #633 on: September 27, 2011, 07:12:26 PM »
Let us know when you join the "die as Flandre's shooting smoke" club. We'll be waiting for you. :P It's like a rite of passage.
Its a process that everyone passes through at least. I'd say the actual rite is capping it though. :)
I've died on it twice with about 3 seconds left until capture, once with ReimuA.  I will capture this eventually...probably some point after I finally get Catadioptric.  Why I've managed to capture Maze of Love by going around in circles but can't get that simple dodging card is beyond me.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #634 on: September 27, 2011, 07:50:30 PM »
Because Maze of Love is actually easy; the dodging cards require actual dodging.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #635 on: September 27, 2011, 07:59:57 PM »
Because Maze of Love is actually easy; the dodging cards require actual dodging.
Cranberry Trap I'm about 50% on, FOur of a Kind I'm about 90% on, Kagome Kagome I'm about 80% on, Starbow Break I'm about 60% on, Philosopher's Stone I'm about 50% on, Silent Selene I'm about 90% on.
All of those are dodging cards right, so why can't I get that one?

Finally cleared 9-6 in DS.

« Reply #636 on: September 27, 2011, 08:09:54 PM »
Cranberry Trap I'm about 50% on, FOur of a Kind I'm about 90% on, Kagome Kagome I'm about 80% on, Starbow Break I'm about 60% on, Philosopher's Stone I'm about 50% on, Silent Selene I'm about 90% on.
All of those are dodging cards right, so why can't I get that one?

Because its a lot harder than those. I don't play the Extra a lot so I can't really give you exact figures but I suspect it would be something like 99% on all of those but QED... well, my capture rate is 6/36. Very low for an extra card so I wouldn't call it a 'simple dodging card'.

« Reply #637 on: September 27, 2011, 08:15:58 PM »
Starbow Break capture!
Is it weird that I've come really close to capturing Q.E.D. twice but not close at all to capping ATWTBN?

« Reply #638 on: September 27, 2011, 09:11:03 PM »
How close is really close? Its usually not before the final few seconds it gets really cruel. Doesn't sound too weird though. You probably just have a wrong approach to ATTWBN. You'll just need to learn the pattern.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #639 on: September 27, 2011, 09:23:49 PM »
Personally, Catadioptric gave me more trouble than QED when I was doing that.

also silent selene is totally harder than philosopher's stone, ffffuuuuuu

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #640 on: September 28, 2011, 12:20:04 AM »
I don't find Catadioptric that difficult - just like stay in the same area and play it safe.
At some point I forgot how to do ATTWBN and start screwing up the blue phase lol.
I find that QED is already significantly hard for me by the time the health goes down to 1/3,
and usually I have to try to concentrate really hard to read so I get close to capturing, and often times die in the last second.

I capture Silent Selene more often than Philosopher's Stone, cuz sometimes I get lucky enough that I don't wall off myself.
However, I can't judge them too much since my capture rate on both are really abysmal.

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #641 on: September 28, 2011, 12:38:15 AM »
All right, 1st Lunatic 1cc for PCB with 3 lives in stock too

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16085

Now I want to do it again with ReimuB

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #642 on: September 28, 2011, 01:18:47 AM »
Catadioptric is easy, I cap it every time. And I haven't even capped Q.E.D yet.
Also I don't like micro dodging Maze of Love without a hitbox, it makes me paranoid.

And Congrats Ozzy, I'll hopefully be getting a lunatic 1cc sometime soon.

Ozzy

« Reply #643 on: September 28, 2011, 02:34:39 AM »
Well since I'm here, I thought I would post a ridiculous lunatic 1cc by a friend of mine who's not a member of the forum. He 1cced PCB Lunatic with 7 Lives in Stock all the while making all sorts of stupid mistakes and erratic movements. This run has some of the most hax luck I've ever seen, including several perfectly timed borders that saved him multiple times.

Despite the strange and erratic movement, he insists that it's not tool-assisted but rather was the result of a run that was never supposed to succeed (which means he was fooling around for a good part of it). Somehow he never seemed to notice how well he was doing until about stage 5. He himself admits that this run was a freak accident and will probably never happen again. Well whether freak accident or not, this run is certainly something to see:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16086

« Reply #644 on: September 28, 2011, 10:55:42 AM »
Well since I'm here, I thought I would post a ridiculous lunatic 1cc by a friend of mine who's not a member of the forum. He 1cced PCB Lunatic with 7 Lives in Stock all the while making all sorts of stupid mistakes and erratic movements.

Sounds like PCB in a nutshell to me. It sounds like a run that's worth watching though.

EDIT:

Alright. Ozzy. The only thing ridiculous about that run is that your friend thought anyone would take it seriously.
Could we perhabs get a few other qualified players to have a look at that run? I for one think it looks like a very blatant piece of TAS work. If not his 'erratic' movements gave it away, his handling of certain cards certainly does.

Despite the strange and erratic movement, he insists that it's not tool-assisted but rather was the result of a run that was never supposed to succeed (which means he was fooling around for a good part of it). Somehow he never seemed to notice how well he was doing until about stage 5. He himself admits that this run was a freak accident and will probably never happen again.

It was a pretty darn consistent freak accident. Not buying it for one second.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 04:46:41 PM by Zengeku »

« Reply #645 on: September 28, 2011, 05:55:34 PM »
What does he use as the controller? I sure as damn can't even dream of precision-tapping half as fast as he does routinely, and I'm pretty sure the input doesn't even react that fast. See Lily's opener. The run is full of the most insane micrododging I've ever seen.
This Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkDespair5 (my bad if it's not the same person (or if it's Ozzy who just uploaded the replay his friend sent him)) has some single spellcard videos that don't have a trace of the superhuman movement in the PCB replay.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:59:32 PM by Vanhaomena69 »

Ozzy

« Reply #646 on: September 28, 2011, 06:04:47 PM »
What does he use as the controller? I sure as damn can't even dream of precision-tapping half as fast as he does routinely, and I'm pretty sure the input doesn't even react that fast. See Lily's opener. The run is full of the most insane micrododging I've ever seen.
This Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkDespair5 (my bad if it's not the same person (or if it's Ozzy who just uploaded the replay his friend sent him)) has some single spellcard videos that don't have a trace of the superhuman movement in the PCB replay.

Hey uses a keyboard as far as I know. And that is his channel, I uploaded the replay to Gensokyo.org under that name on purpose. Like I said, I'm just telling you all what he told me. He claims it isn't TAS, but to be honest, I never saw him do it myself so I can't be 100% certain.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #647 on: September 28, 2011, 06:32:33 PM »
Somehow he never seemed to notice how well he was doing until about stage 5. He himself admits that this run was a freak accident and will probably never happen again. Well whether freak accident or not, this run is certainly something to see:

I think this is a phenomenon sometimes attributed to playing/performing under the influence of either drugs and/or alcohol. At least I read of it in the context of pitching in baseball, where the pressure really starts getting to the pitcher once he starts to actually realize he's on a real streak. I think the case was the one of Dock Ellis, who managed to get a no hitter under the influence of LSD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dock_Ellis#June_12.2C_1970_no-hitter.

Well, either that or TAS I'd think, but who am I to judge people? Haven't watched his run, so if it isn't blatantly obvious, I'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #648 on: September 28, 2011, 06:34:56 PM »
When I first saw that replay I called it out as a TAS as well, for a lot of the same reasons Zengeku did.
Alright. Ozzy. The only thing ridiculous about that run is that your friend thought anyone would take it seriously.
Could we perhabs get a few other qualified players to have a look at that run? I for one think it looks like a very blatant piece of TAS work. If not his 'erratic' movements gave it away, his handling of certain cards certainly does.

It was a pretty darn consistent freak accident. Not buying it for one second.
Even now he insists that it was a freak accident and will never happen again.
He re-watched it after I pointed it out, and agrees that it looks like one.  Personally I'd like to see him weigh in on the matter and respond to this.
Would said cards be Eternal Truth and Repoistory of Hirowaka?
Also missing Alice's 1up and then still reaching max lives irked me.

He later tried to do an all cards captured 50% speed TAS run of PCB lunatic and failed on one of Chen's.

Programs I know he had on his computer at the time of the 'hax run' were CheatEngine (I later tested it, and it does show framerate drops, although it showed 60, 59, 60, 15, 60, so it isn't 100% accurate and with sufficient luck- or no vpatch[?] no drop would be registered by the game), and a program which he told me could be used to savestate Touhou.  Also, there are Skype logs where he posted milestones of where he was, and they were spaced out in such a way so that if they were honest 'checkpoints', PCB could have been running at no less than around 40 FPS through Stages 5 and 6 assuming no pauses.

(playing devil's advocate here)
The videos on his channel are all a month, or more, older than the PCB replay.  Even if the odds of sometihng happening are .000000001%, the odds of the event happening eventually approach 1.

Like I said, I'm just telling you all what he told me. He claims it isn't TAS, but to be honest, I never saw him do it myself so I can't be 100% certain.
I can vouch for this, he told me the same things.  Even if the run was a fluke, he should at least be able to 1cc it again without too much difficulty.  He says that he 'freezes and messes up' if people are watching, which I guess can be true, but it shouldn't cause 7 additional lives to be lost.

Of course, there's no proof either way, a lot of suspicion towards it being a TAS and one of my best friends adamantly insisting it isn't.  As much as i want to trust him it's kind of hard to, given the evidence.
I'd bet it's most likely a TAS and he's too embarrassed on being called out on it to admit it.

« Reply #649 on: September 28, 2011, 06:53:37 PM »
Calling TAS too, based mainly on how much the player moves by doing single frame long taps in many places.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

ark

• みょん
« Reply #650 on: September 28, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »
TASing is fine. Trying to pass it off as a legit run isn't.

Remember that one Touhou tournament week? :d

« Reply #651 on: September 28, 2011, 07:38:40 PM »
I'd bet it's most likely a TAS and he's too embarrassed on being called out on it to admit it.

I think so too. You can tell your friend that he should just bite the bullet and admit it. Get it over with and then promise to not do it again. Cheating like that serves no point, experienced players sees through it instantaneously.

« Reply #652 on: September 28, 2011, 07:44:25 PM »
So I just installed Imperishable Night in this new computer. I'd been putting it off for a while because I was busy messing with SA.

Anyway, what better way to break it in than this. IN Easy Mode, Magic Team, no focus, no deaths, only a single deathbomb (curse you Game of Life, I would have picked Kaguya if this weren't a new file). Even capped Hourai Elixir with Marisa's unfocused speed.

One of these days I might try for a no focus perfect with the Scarlet Team just to humiliate IN Easy even more.

Ozzy

« Reply #653 on: September 28, 2011, 08:28:36 PM »
I think so too. You can tell your friend that he should just bite the bullet and admit it. Get it over with and then promise to not do it again. Cheating like that serves no point, experienced players sees through it instantaneously.

I'll tell him, though he adamantly continues to insist that it's legit. Sigh, I don't know what to. Sorry for posting what's probably fake run, just wanted to see if anyone could corroborate his claim.

« Reply #654 on: September 28, 2011, 10:45:19 PM »
Don't worry. If you just keep replying with an equally adamant 'Yeah right' then everything will be fine.  ;)

Oh and I have an accomplishment I suppose. Since Koishi handed me a game over, i think last week, I promised i would prepare a rape train to take revenge... and uh, it was succesful. I managed to perfect her. Just like that. Feels good to get her out of the way. I guess Mamizou is next.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #655 on: September 28, 2011, 10:59:52 PM »
No doubt that replay is TASed. The two easy ways to expose any replay of this kind are the erratic, impossibly fast movements reminiscent of PoFV's cheating computers, and that the player doesn't approach any of the attacks the way you're supposed to (assuming you can do anything other than just dodge). I've seen other replays like this before, and all of them seem to do stupid things like staying way up high during Yuyuko's fourth card. And I'm just throwing this out there, you do not survive that long on the Stage 6 spam without knowing what you're doing (and yes, there are things you can do to ease the pain). It's so obvious they can't play these games worth shit that they'll do anything to pretend like they're better at PCB than HS. Go and tell him, along with what Zengeku said, that if he's willing to sit down and practice bullet hell games the right way, people here and elsewhere will be more than happy to give him advice where he needs it.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

J.O.B

« Reply #656 on: September 29, 2011, 04:59:30 AM »
Just got my first GFW extra clear that ended with %1000 motivation.

Well it was %964 but that was because of motivation draining lasers so it doesn't count.

Ozzy

« Reply #657 on: September 29, 2011, 05:37:55 AM »
Just got my first GFW extra clear that ended with %1000 motivation.

Well it was %964 but that was because of motivation draining lasers so it doesn't count.

Wow that's incedible, my friend recently cleared that and he said it was probably the hardest extra boss in all the games. I can't even 1cc normal in that game.

J.O.B

« Reply #658 on: September 29, 2011, 05:38:50 AM »
It's really easy if you know when to freeze.
I can pretty much do it even when messing around.
I think my first clear had at least %200 motivation too.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #659 on: September 29, 2011, 06:25:54 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29tKPDexkMM It's possible to clear Ex with 1000%. I think it's because you have to bomb the last card.....