Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207243 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #570 on: September 22, 2011, 12:22:48 PM »
First clear of IN's Extra, making 3 extras cleared

ONE MORE SPELL FOR IMPERISHABLE SHOOTING.

FUDGE YOU IHAKASA, WHY YOU SO HARD. AND FLAW OF FORGIVING SHRINE AND HONEST MAN'S DEATH, HOW DID I FAIL THAT?

Sorry, just kinda obsessed with unlocking last words, and seeing that spell is a requirement. Failing Flaw of Forgiving Shrine and Honest Man's Death is stupid beyond belief.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #571 on: September 22, 2011, 12:58:33 PM »
Someone did a perfect run of MoF extra no focus, so I'd say that playing without the ultra patch is easier. But if the player doesn't know how to bomb manually it could probably be harder.
I've seen that, it's a related video to my no focus clear on MoF normal.
I keep getting clipped and dying with bombs in stock also, especially to Seven Stones and Seven Trees.
Also Froggy Braves the Elements is annoying no focus.

« Reply #572 on: September 22, 2011, 01:51:53 PM »
My first MoTK #1 score run!. EoSD, Marisa-A, Lunatic, 0/3 clear.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #573 on: September 22, 2011, 09:12:56 PM »
I found out how to make the Touhou games run faster than 60 fps...and cleared PCB normal at 90 fps.  Now I no longer need to use Cheat Engine to speedhack the game to whatever speed I want.  Shame my double speed easy says 60 fps because Cheat Engine was used...

« Reply #574 on: September 22, 2011, 10:07:13 PM »
Decided that I'm going to 1cc the series on Lunatic and that I'm going to redo any of the ones I did without defaults and do it with defaults this time.  Played a few credits of EoSD, made it to Eternal Meek on my last life and game-overed - first time 1cc'ing to stage 6 EoSD.  Also did a 1-miss stage 5, ufufu Sakuya!  Also capped Catadioptric and Starbow Break for the first time :3.  Went for a QED cap too, but game-over'd on it :(.

I guess this marks the end of my Touhou-break.

« Reply #575 on: September 22, 2011, 10:28:38 PM »
Did more MoF with ultra patch. NDNB the entire stage part of stage 2 pacifist (including midboss, even if it's the same as always I think) and also managed to time out (NDNB) Broken Charm of Protection and Fate - Old Lady Ohgane's Fire! I didn't even think that would be legitimately possible at first, but it only took 12 tries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAh_DembVrc
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #576 on: September 22, 2011, 10:29:49 PM »
Decided that I'm going to 1cc the series on Lunatic and that I'm going to redo any of the ones I did without defaults and do it with defaults this time.  Played a few credits of EoSD, made it to Eternal Meek on my last life and game-overed - first time 1cc'ing to stage 6 EoSD.  Also did a 1-miss stage 5, ufufu Sakuya!  Also capped Catadioptric and Starbow Break for the first time :3.  Went for a QED cap too, but game-over'd on it :(.

I guess this marks the end of my Touhou-break.

Good for you! As someone who's accomplished that dream, it's best to be honest with yourself and play on default settings. You'll be amazed how good it feels in comparison to playing at max lives. Good luck, beat all 19 lunatics and feel the accomplishment. :3c
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #577 on: September 22, 2011, 11:17:13 PM »
Good for you! As someone who's accomplished that dream, it's best to be honest with yourself and play on default settings. You'll be amazed how good it feels in comparison to playing at max lives. Good luck, beat all 19 lunatics and feel the accomplishment. :3c

Well, I guess I should have specified the normal games... So that's 12, plus IaMP and SWR, which I already did.  Maybe FW too, but I don't care about doing HRtP/Soku/StB/DS because they're either not shmups or they're weird shmups that don't involve shooting things (a camera does not count!).

« Reply #578 on: September 23, 2011, 12:03:07 AM »
All that talk about MoF extra motivated me so at last i got the NMNB run!
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #579 on: September 23, 2011, 12:48:29 AM »
Well, I guess I should have specified the normal games... So that's 12, plus IaMP and SWR, which I already did.  Maybe FW too, but I don't care about doing HRtP/Soku/StB/DS because they're either not shmups or they're weird shmups that don't involve shooting things (a camera does not count!).

Well, it's your choice, but I think there's something special to be said about having beaten every single Touhou game regardless of genre. If you ask me, if you go that far, you may as well go all the way.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ark

• みょん
« Reply #580 on: September 23, 2011, 01:19:50 AM »
:)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #581 on: September 23, 2011, 07:16:02 AM »
I found out how to make the Touhou games run faster than 60 fps...and cleared PCB normal at 90 fps.  Now I no longer need to use Cheat Engine to speedhack the game to whatever speed I want.  Shame my double speed easy says 60 fps because Cheat Engine was used...

I'm going to try to clear EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA and UFO and 120 FPS on easy and at 90 FPS on normal.  So far PCB and IN have both accomplished, and I just cleared MoF easy at 120 FPS.  Deathless until Kanako outside of faceplanting Nitori's first nonspell.  Kanako was fail on so many levels though, 7 lives going in and finished with no lives and 2 power.

and now I bothered to 90 FPS MoF normal mode, with only 3 deaths throughout the whole thing: Sanae's easy nonspell, Mountain of Faith and somewhere else.

EDIT: Storm on Mt. Ooe easy 120 FPS capture at 0 power

ark

• みょん
« Reply #582 on: September 23, 2011, 07:43:13 AM »
Hell yeah!

MoF Ultra Lunatic 1cc! (Youtube)

Didn't actually take that long; I was only at it today.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:44:33 AM by Nereid »

« Reply #583 on: September 23, 2011, 09:19:41 AM »
Decided that I'm going to 1cc the series on Lunatic and that I'm going to redo any of the ones I did without defaults and do it with defaults this time.

Sounds good. To be honest, 1cc'ing on anything than default settings isn't really a 1cc. Rather a 1 credit +a few extra lives clear. Especially IN where you can start with 7 lives. Really? Nice progress with EoSD btw.

Also. I'd seriously recommend giving the photography games another look once you are done with your Lunatic crusade. They got so many unique and different patterns.
Though, I don't understand why you wouldn't want to do Soku when you have already done IaMP and SWR. Its basically just an expansion of SWR.

Sweet job. You beat Enigma to it. :V

Hell yeah!

MoF Ultra Lunatic 1cc!

Badass. I'm interested in seeing how you dealt with VoWG since iirc I died three times to that. (although its probably just a case of you riding auto bombs up until Kanako and then your lives from then on, but I have faith in you!)

ark

• みょん
« Reply #584 on: September 23, 2011, 09:33:27 AM »
Yeah, I died 3 times to VoWG too. It's basically impossible to dodge, so I just made sure I had enough lives going into that (and try to have full power at the start of the card to deal maximum damage before I get hit).

I'll get a youtube video up soon, as well.

edit: video
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:44:49 AM by Nereid »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #585 on: September 23, 2011, 10:45:15 AM »
I'm going to try to clear EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA and UFO and 120 FPS on easy and at 90 FPS on normal.  So far PCB and IN have both accomplished, and I just cleared MoF easy at 120 FPS.
EDIT: Storm on Mt. Ooe easy 120 FPS capture at 0 power
120 FPS easy modes cleared: PCB, IN, MoF, SA
90 FPS normal: PCB, IN, MoF
Utsuho is hell at 120 FPS, her easy attacks become insane.

Oh, also 10,000,000 points reached in Double Spoiler by doubling my score on 6-7 to 400,000.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #586 on: September 23, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
I'm still pursuing my Lunatic modes!
No deaths until Hina boss fight? Yes please.

And I've set a new record as to how far I can get!
Hello, Momiji!
Please stop walling me into spirals!

Isn't it amazing that I still can't 1CC Hard? :V

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #587 on: September 23, 2011, 03:26:52 PM »
Sloppy run on UFO Normal with SanaeB after weeks of zero practice...

...concluded by a capture of Flying Fantastica.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #588 on: September 23, 2011, 08:05:49 PM »
I just stumbled across this vid and decided I'd share it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIV2cQtL7_c
A no-damage speed run of Megamari. 45 minutes of condensed entertainment. There are some weapon usage here and there to speed things up but all 8 initial bosses are taken down with only the MariBuster. The same goes for Shikieiki except of course being with Alice's laser.

The guy has hosted numerous TAS vids on his page but they are all labelled as such. This one isn't but it still looks a bit fishy at times. Still worth a watch though.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #589 on: September 23, 2011, 08:41:56 PM »
Did a random SA Stage 5 run today and almost perfected Orin again, which is surprising considering I'm still on a pseudo-break from these games.

Also I finally recaptured Futo's first card. I feel like it should be easier than I'm finding it to be. Maybe I'm just not aggressive enough or something.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #590 on: September 23, 2011, 09:37:04 PM »
Silver Dragon capture! That wasn't so hard. (well I did die to the nonspell before but a capture is a capture, right?) I now have all EoSD stage 4 spellcards captured, excluding a couple of the Lunatic versions like Emerald Megalith.

Also, EoSD Extra clear with Reimu B now up on YouTube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFdC7NXkwwI&feature=channel_video_title

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #591 on: September 23, 2011, 11:13:09 PM »
TD Normal, Hard and Extra cleared with Reimu, slightly improved my High Score in SA's Extra to get back into chronological order. Time to proceed with UFO Lunatic.

Edit: And congratulations on that Extra clear to the poster above!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:23:06 PM by Lepetit89 »

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #592 on: September 24, 2011, 04:25:30 AM »
 SA Lunatic 1cc
A few derps here and there but i blame nerves for this.  I like this more than UFO :V
2lazy2createbettersig

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #593 on: September 24, 2011, 08:27:15 AM »
#EoSD normal 90 FPS 1cc, with 1 deathbomb-and I missed the 60,000,000 point life.

« Reply #594 on: September 24, 2011, 10:15:38 AM »
SA Lunatic 1cc

Wait a minute, didn't you already 1cc UFO? That's strange man. Most people usually do it in the opposite order. :)
Regardless, its a first right? Congrats then.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #595 on: September 24, 2011, 11:10:11 AM »
No-focus Phantasm clear.

I think uploading this run is somewhat a bad idea, since it's full of idiotic deaths (and bombs - not to mention the border breaks). And I clearly can't (or at least I should not) call this an achievement, since the run is one of the worst Phantasm clears I've ever made.

But what the hell, posting it anyway. It has some really laughable failing in it. Watch and enjoy.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #596 on: September 24, 2011, 11:48:26 AM »
Perfect MoF Stage 4 lunatic with Reimu-C!

All MoF lunatic stages perfected with Reimu-C now, time to do it with Marisa-A.

« Reply #597 on: September 24, 2011, 03:12:18 PM »
I pray that the day I don't feel amazing after a VoWG capture never comes. You feel like a king every time.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #598 on: September 24, 2011, 06:50:59 PM »
No-focus Phantasm clear.

I think uploading this run is somewhat a bad idea, since it's full of idiotic deaths (and bombs - not to mention the border breaks). And I clearly can't (or at least I should not) call this an achievement, since the run is one of the worst Phantasm clears I've ever made.

But what the hell, posting it anyway. It has some really laughable failing in it. Watch and enjoy.
Trust me, mine has to be worse than that.  The only reason I link to it is the last 5 minutes, where I proceed to not die.  Stupid deaths, bombs and border breaks? I can almost guarantee I have more (Mesh of Light and Darkness comes to mind)

« Reply #599 on: September 24, 2011, 10:43:19 PM »
Suddenly, I play Ten Desires. I find out that Miko's 6th card is in fact pretty awesome. But I already knew that. Then I went and timed out some overdrive cards like Futo's which was pathetic and then Miko's which was pathetic too. Then Yoshika's that was actually fairly challenging and fun.

Then I went ahead and tried to time out Wild Carpet... i think its called. Mamizou's anyway... its a fun card. But damn it rapes my mind. 150+ attempts and still only two attempts making it around 15 seconds... this feels kinda like when I tried to time out SFN. My mind refuses to cooperate by concentrating on what I'm doing instead opting to think about things completely unrelated to what I'm doing. And then there is of course the 50% of the attempts that ends in under 5 seconds because I'm half asleep. For no justifiable reason.

Then I go check Jaimers vid and sees that capture rate and then my self-esteem dies completely. Until the next time someone calls me awesome anyway. What a glorious day.