Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207251 times)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #420 on: September 03, 2011, 03:05:31 PM »
Beat th13 Hard with all characters.
Captured every spellcard in th13 Spell Practice with all characters.

When will I ever beat th12 Hard with the other 3 characters?
Signature

Formless God

« Reply #421 on: September 03, 2011, 08:52:28 PM »

Spoiler:
Typical
NB Practice run. Maybe I just happen to suck at all the pre-MoF bosses, but Brilliant Jewel, the other Jewel and LSI are sudden walls, and the other two require retardedly precise timing ...
Captured Half Past 2 and Rising World, which somehow magically netted me a score around 120m higher than my previous high (and I failed nearly everything before that to boot). ZUNscoring.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #422 on: September 03, 2011, 09:10:03 PM »
I seem to be getting a little better with Imperishable Night's Extra. I got to Everlasting "Phoenix's Tail". I tried it out in Spell Practice and caught it after only a couple tries. It seems to be kind of easy.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15737

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKnuQU2h_GM
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #423 on: September 04, 2011, 03:53:49 AM »
Parasol Star Memories capture. On Lunatic.

THIS IS A WONDERFUL DA-

no wait other stuff happened that made it a not wonderful day

THIS IS STILL FREAKING AMAZING

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #424 on: September 04, 2011, 03:54:28 AM »
Oh derp. I just finished 1cc'ing normal of TD with Sanae. Then reading through all this stuff... *shrugs*

:fail:
Hey hey, don't be like that. If it took you time and effort, it's an accomplishment and you should be proud of it!

I've noticed this kind of thing has been happening pretty often lately. Other players doing something more difficult should be seen as inspiration for future goals rather than something that overshadows whatever you've currently accomplished - everyone starts with easier stuff, of course. It's a much better frame of mind to be happy with what you've done and look ahead, rather than not being happy because you're not there yet.

Above all, brag more! :V
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:01:40 AM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #425 on: September 04, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »
I've noticed this kind of thing has been happening pretty often lately. Other players doing something more difficult should be seen as inspiration for future goals rather than something that overshadows whatever you've currently accomplished - everyone starts with easier stuff, of course. It's a much better frame of mind to be happy with what you've done and look ahead, rather than not being happy because you're not there yet.
Exactly.  When I see an insane clear (e.g. Naut's UFO ultra), I go "wow, this guy is AWESOME, I'll probably never be able to do that but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try." and go back to practicing.
Speaking of practicing, after 321 (284 Reimu, 37 Youmu) attempts I finally captured Seiga's overdrive.  Nothing else took more than 75 tries, nothing else took more than 25 aside from Yoshika's last spell on lunatic, which took sixty something.
With that, I captured every spell in Ten Desires.  Disappointingly easy after Imperishable Night (although Seiga's overdrive took more tries than any other spell in any of the games so far, beating 281 for Fantasy Heaven).

Also Lotus Land Story no focus normal run with 3 (4? got another after Yuka ended) lives to spare.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #426 on: September 04, 2011, 11:35:08 AM »
Managed 644m on Easy with Reimu on 10D. I'm kind of enjoying the cap on the point item value, it's rather fun to try and cap it sooner and sooner. I tend to cap at around Stage 4 midboss with Reimu, but with Marisa it's easy to do by the end of Stage 3.

Now that I've messed around with Scoring on Easy for a little bit, time to get a hard 1cc.~

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

« Reply #427 on: September 04, 2011, 12:42:59 PM »
PCB Normal 1cc default lives with Reimu A :3 I find Reimu easier to use than any of the others. Sakuya makes Youmu's nonspells hell for me and Marisa is just too fast. I die too much while using her :/

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #428 on: September 04, 2011, 03:11:14 PM »
First proper go at 10D Hard and I manage to 1cc it. First Hard 1cc in ANY game. What the hell ZUN, you've made it uber easy.  ::)
No deaths until the end of stage 5 either... the only real problems I had were a the last few spellcards for Futo and a few of Miko's cards.
Honestly it just feels like I've 1cc'd normal.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #429 on: September 04, 2011, 06:17:37 PM »
Totally forgot to post again - but the very first of the month saw my second Phantasm clear!  PCB is the only game I've managed to clear Extra and Phantasm with more than one shot-type, though that will hopefully change in the future.  My clear late on August 31st was with ReimuB and her Persuasion Needles, my clear early on September 1st was with SakuyaA, with Jack the Ludo Bile.

Weird.  The easier shot-type was cleared second.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #430 on: September 05, 2011, 12:21:47 AM »
Managed another no bomb normal clear, this time Imperishable Night (the other one is Mountain of Faith).
perfect until midboss Marisa, 1 death to each her midboss and endboss (2nd nonspell & Master Spark), 2 deaths to Tewi, 2 to Reisen, perfect Stage 6 until Kaguya, 4 deaths to her, 2 of which were to Swallow's Cowrie Shell.  I hate that spell.

Ghost Team was used, 10 deaths, 0 bombs, 0 continues, 24 cards captured.

« Reply #431 on: September 05, 2011, 07:39:43 AM »
Marisa B PCB 1cc, making PCB my first game to 1cc with all shot types. Strangely none of my runs were as good as my first 1cc (Reimu A), which also was my first ever default lives 1cc, ending with 6 lives in stock. The sheer amount of stupid mistakes I made makes me wonder how I even got the 1cc for some of the characters (esp SakuyaA). For some reason Foggy London Dolls took my first life/bomb for I think half of these, even though I do just fine with it on practice mode.

Also, all spellcards for the main game in PCB captured on normal! Onto hard? Or maybe Phantasm or a non-homing Extra? I still have SA and UFO to 1cc normal for too.

(Mega Flare capture too)

« Reply #432 on: September 05, 2011, 08:45:49 AM »
Spoiler:
Typical
NB Practice run. Maybe I just happen to suck at all the pre-MoF bosses, but Brilliant Jewel, the other Jewel and LSI are sudden walls, and the other two require retardedly precise timing ...

I just tried this. I didn't even clear. Then I try Byakuren - Despite dying three times to that memo crap I still clear with four lives. Yeah, I hear you. Kaguya is pretty retarded. Kinda the reason I don't play IN really. There is something annoying about no-missing the entire game capturing pretty much everything only to resource-spam on the final boss.

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #433 on: September 05, 2011, 10:15:37 AM »
no bomb normal clear, this time Imperishable Night

Well what a coincidence, so have I just now.

Anyway, I should report that I've also 1cced Ten Desires on normal recently as well. Didn't take too many tries, I think.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:18:44 PM by Ozzy »

« Reply #434 on: September 05, 2011, 02:58:42 PM »
There is something annoying about no-missing the entire game capturing pretty much everything only to resource-spam on the final boss.

This. No deaths up to Yuyuko on Easy and then dying six times just shouldn't happen. I think my record for her is 2 lives lost? I can't remember. I've definitely only accomplished that once if at all.

But anyway, I decided to have another go at EoSD Extra. Died horribly to Cranberry Trap then again to Four of a Kind, but then proceeded to capture Maze of Love, Catadioptric AND Counter Clock. Still didn't clear though; for some reason I decided to run into a couple of bullets on ATWTBN?. :/. But I have two more captured cards under my belt, woot. :D

edit: More captured cards...Princess Undine, Sylphae Horn High Level, Green Storm and Scarlet Meister (hard version). The only cards I have left to capture on Normal are Metal Fatigue and Maid's Skill "Marionette". I still have one card in stage 4 left to capture (apart from the one mentioned before) which is Silver Dragon.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:57:44 AM by Glimmer »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #435 on: September 06, 2011, 11:53:01 AM »
Finally got a good SA no bombs run to actually clear. 
Stage 1: 0 deaths
Stage 2: 0 deaths
Stage 3: 0 deaths (very happy with these 3 in a row)
Stage 4: 1 death (perfect Satori battle!)
Stage 5: 5 deaths (2/5 cards captured, 4/5 noncards captured, 1 stage death.  What sucks is my last run nearly perfected endboss Orin.)
Stage 6: 2 deaths (Mega Flare didn't wall me, screwed up the first spell and second nonspell.)
Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15786

EDIT: Just realized I died more times in my IN no bombs run than in this no bombs run, when SA is generally regarded as harder than IN...what?

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #436 on: September 06, 2011, 01:43:15 PM »
There is something annoying about no-missing the entire game capturing pretty much everything only to resource-spam on the final boss.

You must hate TLB's.  :V

« Reply #437 on: September 06, 2011, 02:58:57 PM »
You must hate TLB's.  :V

Not really. The TLB's I know of come at the end of a long and difficult game like the Ketsui URA Loop and the DOJ 2nd Loop. Its more like an appropriate 'ultimate challenge' at the end of it all. Kaguya... is more like this inappropriate half-memorizer half-laser walls boss that appears after an otherwise really easy game.

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #438 on: September 06, 2011, 03:17:33 PM »
Today marked my second defeat of Flandre Scarlet!  Once again proving that my Extra-clears aren't flukes, I managed this clear with ReimuB.  Less cards captured overall but my first capture ever of Counter Clock, and my best showing yet against And Then Will There Be None?, using just one bomb the entire card.

If I hadn't been shaking by the end of Maze of Love, I would've probably done even better.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #440 on: September 07, 2011, 01:59:23 AM »
Beat 10D Extra with Marisa... while getting the 12-point extend

AWWW YEAH

...it's actually harder then just doing it normally, because you have to bomb a lot of noncards and suicide a bunch. I also, despite getting it just about as perfect as possible, ended 0/0 without a single extra life piece. You could probably get ONE more life piece if you did it just about perfect, and 2 if you, like, TAS'd to shotgun cards that you normally can't. ...actually using Sanae for easier gauge filling might make it easier to get more, but, whatever :V

I actually died on Pseudo-Exorcism Of The Stupid Shrine Maiden with 0 lives, and killed it barely in time to get my extend. Was cool.

I'm waiting on most of my story mode 1ccs for the english patch to be out, though, so I can screenshot record me getting all the good endings! And whatever bad ones I happen to get by "oops", likely while trying lunatic unseriously. Right now I think I've got it where I can still see everyone's good and parallel ending without having to re-1cc something I already got the clear on, assuming I don't fail to get a parallel on hard for Marisa or Sanae (Did my Reimu 1cc on hard already).

I might try for Lunatic, but I'm spending most of my Touhou-playing desires on GoS instead :V

Oh and I captured every single spellcard in practice a long time ago for Reimu and Youmu I guess, and everything but Seiga's overdrive for Sanae and Marisa (AKSDFJDKAS THAT CARD).

Youmu can kill Yoshika in Seiga's overdrive, which is silly :3 If you can manage to survive long enough for the bullets to go offscreen while Yoshika is "dead", you've pretty much won, although this still isn't all that easy. It's a mean overdrive. :C

I don't really like playing Youmu too much because all you can hear is SLASH SLASH SLASH SLASH SLASH SLASH AUUUUUGH otherwise she'd be awesome, I could probably change a sound setting to make it quieter though

edit:tears forever http://puu.sh/5igy
I clipped that laser and died
look at that laser it is totally not in my hitbox fuxdammit I survived so long look at that timer auuugh
;_;
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:12:25 AM by T-Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #441 on: September 07, 2011, 03:24:28 AM »
Decided I'd clear Ten Desires with Sanae on normal to clear with every shot type, ended up getting to Miko's 4th spell 6/4 (or I'd be at 6/4 by the end of the game, I don't remember).  capture, capture, 2 bombs, trance and 2 bombs.  I generally can do those spells, but I REALLY wanted that run to be a 1LC.  and it was.

« Reply #442 on: September 07, 2011, 07:50:48 AM »
Too cool off from a UFO 1cc fail I went and practiced Stage 6 SA.

Hell's Artificial Sun Captured!

And Hell and Heaven Meltedown as nearly timed out, but I died at 4 seconds left when Utsuho still had half her healthbar. Hitting Utsuho during that spell is painful, and her large healthbar doesn't help. Also, for some miscellaneous "achievements", Nuclear Fusion was nearly captured and St. Nikou's Air Scroll is captured

EDIT: Yeah Misayama captured! And Mountain of Faith nearly captured :(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:18:33 PM by GuppyForce »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #443 on: September 07, 2011, 03:55:03 PM »
Really good UFO Normal run

As I said in the description, I still suck at stages, but only 3 deaths between the last three bosses with NONE on Shou is pretty good, don't you think? Especially when it comes with my first St. Nikou's Air Scroll capture.

« Reply #444 on: September 07, 2011, 06:49:57 PM »
Okay. So I was browsing through spell practice to check out my capture rates in Ten Desires when I realised, whoops, forgot to clear Seiga's Overdrive card. Silly me. I shouldn't have done it on a day where I've had only 5 hours of sleep though. My dodging skills suffers greatly from things like that so I had to spend a whopping 45 attempts to capture this. Half of those failures where me mindlessly running into a slow-moving laser. Very retarded. The rest were me getting walled by those orb things. Even more retarded.

I can't really say I'm a fan of the spell even if its one of the few challenging cards in the game. It really just reminds me of Fantasy Heaven and the idea of be in the right spot or die mentality it seems to have going for it. Or maybe I'm just sleeping. I don't know. Meh, its done anyway. Its pretty impressive that I managed to capture this though. I mean, I am in a state that allows me to fail at Seiga's midboss card. Two times. In just 15 minutes. I need those 8 hours man.

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #445 on: September 07, 2011, 10:40:41 PM »
So now that I'm no longer retarded, I can finally claim a Normal 1CC on Imperishable Night.  Border Team, Final-B.

Seriously, I don't know what's so wrong with me that I can basically beat EoSD and PCB in my sleep, do passably well in MoF, but completely fuck up IN and 10D most times.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:56:35 PM by Kliff »

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #446 on: September 08, 2011, 11:27:30 AM »
So now that I'm no longer retarded, I can finally claim a Normal 1CC on Imperishable Night.  Border Team, Final-B.

Seriously, I don't know what's so wrong with me that I can basically beat EoSD and PCB in my sleep, do passably well in MoF, but completely fuck up IN and 10D most times.
Because IN is actually a hard game? (at default lives)

As for 10D....  :ohdear:

« Reply #447 on: September 08, 2011, 12:04:26 PM »
Because IN is actually a hard game? (at default lives)

As for 10D....  :ohdear:
10 desires has way too few extends. Assuming you get the 15 piece extend, you'd be having 4 extends, in comparison to EoSD's 6 extends (And PCB's ~10). And this is with knowing when to trance for spirits. Seeing that I'm good at screwing up and terrible at deathbombing for all games except PCB (EoSD and IN are okayish), it's very frustrating.

But the patterns aren't that bad

And I kinda suck at IN too, at least compared to EoSD, PCB and MoF

Back on topic, Mountain fo Faith captured, meaning all MoF main game cards captured on normal for me! Somehow I captured Star Ritual for Divine Winds on Reimu B and wasn't aware of it. I still need to figure out that card

EDIT: Not sure where to put this (kinda minor achievement), but I'm starting to like scoring in UFO. Well, in practice mode. Thing is I have some obsession with getting good scores for all characters (except some MoF, SA and UFO ones and IN solos) in practice mode normal (then hard mode?), and UFO scoring seems rather enjoyable (PCB and IN are frustrating as hell). Well, once you remove the huge amount of lives I'd probably get more pissed off with it. But anyway, all stage 5 spells captured in one run, netting 92mil score for that stage (practice mode). Stage 3 is still screwing me thanks to Ichirin's first and final boss spells. For some reason my capture rate is still 0 for the latter even though I know how to do it. And stage 4 :(, trying to capture Sinker Ghost is frustrating due to the sheer length of the stage.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:06:40 PM by GuppyForce »

« Reply #448 on: September 08, 2011, 04:18:24 PM »
Mountain of Faith Hard 1CC.

Okay, so it was utterly mediocre and bombspammy, but still, I actually managed to 1CC a Touhou on Hard.

And it did have a few good moments (hello Aya's first spell capture).

PS: Is it normal to not die once on stage 6 up until Virtue of Wind God and then die three times to that?

« Reply #449 on: September 08, 2011, 04:26:01 PM »
It's definitely very doable to not die on Stage 6 until VoWG. IIRC, that happened on my first Lunatic 1cc.