Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207240 times)

Formless God

Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #390 on: September 02, 2011, 07:01:41 AM »
ufo lunatic ultra 1cc
holy fucking shit

« Reply #391 on: September 02, 2011, 07:22:53 AM »
ufo lunatic ultra 1cc

Upload it.

EDIT: MoF Extra Ultra clear. Won with 1 life in stock and 3 bombs. This was fun even if Suwako's spells sometimes went into the realms of "what the fuck am I supposed to do about this you little slut?" but other cards received a totally fair make over.

PS: Enigma, I totally expect you to pull this off soon as well.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:01:36 AM by Zengeku »

« Reply #392 on: September 02, 2011, 10:43:34 AM »
Oh my days. Waiting warmly for the upload.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #393 on: September 02, 2011, 10:59:05 AM »
ufo lunatic ultra 1cc
Oh... Wow. I find that one hard enough on the regular lunatic. And on ULTRA? Hard stuff, huh?

Yeah, galdly waitin' for the replay.

Congraz n' cheers.

« Reply #394 on: September 02, 2011, 01:55:24 PM »
MoF Ultra Extra clear.

Not as good though. I could have finished with a life in stock but I died.

What's your list of fair/unfair stuff for Ultra Suwako?

Fair:

All nonspells
All spells up to Snake Eats the Croaking Frog(even if the second one really really sucks)
All spells past that until Froggy
Maybe Red Frog
Suwa War
Mishaguji-sama

Unfair-
Suwako first card if you don't start above her on the opener
Second Suwako card with Marisa(did the clear with Reimu)
Snake Eats the Croaking Frog
Froggy Braves the Elements
Maybe Red Frog

« Reply #395 on: September 02, 2011, 02:31:43 PM »
Finally 1cc'd EoSD Normal. Flandre, here I come!

« Reply #396 on: September 02, 2011, 03:37:03 PM »
Fair and unfair stuff.

Kanako's first non-spell and spellcard are both trivial.
The 2nd card seems to require some pretty specific movement but should be possible.
The 3rd card seems fair but I haven't capped it yet.

Suwako. Her non-spells are generally fair but the one with the zigzagging seems to create walls. Unless there is something I'm missing.
1st spellcard is fair, even without the glitch. 2nd one is possible but I'd still call it pixel perfect bullshit. Iron Rings, fair enough. I think the timing is a little different but its not hard. Horrid River is just fine. Croak Frog seems like total garbage. Seven Stones is fine. Froggy is totally impossible. Native God. Perhabs. I don't know, with practice maybe. Suwa War is good. Mishaguji-sama, doable but it turns into a contest of precision tapping rather than dodging skill at the end.

Overall, I like the make over. Certain things could've been done better.

« Reply #398 on: September 02, 2011, 04:43:21 PM »

The 3rd card seems fair but I haven't capped it yet.

Suwako. Her non-spells are generally fair but the one with the zigzagging seems to create walls. Unless there is something I'm missing.
1st spellcard is fair, even without the glitch. 2nd one is possible but I'd still call it pixel perfect bullshit. Iron Rings, fair enough. I think the timing is a little different but its not hard. Horrid River is just fine. Croak Frog seems like total garbage. Seven Stones is fine. Froggy is totally impossible. Native God. Perhabs. I don't know, with practice maybe. Suwa War is good. Mishaguji-sama, doable but it turns into a contest of precision tapping rather than dodging skill at the end.

Overall, I like the make over. Certain things could've been done better.

I got Kanako's third on a few tries. I almost dodged a wave of Croaking Frog once. And I failed the zig zagging nonspell on every try except the clear where I capped both of them.

« Reply #399 on: September 02, 2011, 05:15:26 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGTLt9K7OhM
You just made the whole thread of achievements look like nothing

Are you human?

« Reply #400 on: September 02, 2011, 05:16:39 PM »
 :o

Damnit. And I thought my timing out Misayama Shrine Hunting Ritual was impressive.

That just...that just doesn't even look possible.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Let's fight.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #403 on: September 02, 2011, 08:13:49 PM »
ufo lunatic ultra 1cc
going to watch this now.

Also, finally 1cced Story of Eastern Wonderland on normal.  yay bombspam and no deaths until Stage 4 midboss 1.

« Reply #404 on: September 02, 2011, 09:01:30 PM »

I'm impressed!

edit: has anybody cleared SA on ultra yet, or is that not likely to happen?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:02:05 PM by n i c o l ə »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #405 on: September 02, 2011, 10:40:25 PM »

Very nice! UFO Ultra is in my opinion the hardest Ultra, although I was probably doing it wrong by not using SanaeB.

Also, that description looks very familiar for some reason.  :V

edit: has anybody cleared SA on ultra yet, or is that not likely to happen?

Nereid and me did it a while ago. SA Ultra is really silly but you get A LOT of autobombs for it.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #406 on: September 02, 2011, 11:15:26 PM »
:teaspit:
LFS was just insane to watch, as was most of the rest of the run. I don't know how you did that. :o
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #407 on: September 02, 2011, 11:24:25 PM »

Wow. Congrats.

Now to buckle down and finish a HARD MODE :D

:fail:

« Reply #408 on: September 02, 2011, 11:35:55 PM »
Nereid and me did it a while ago. SA Ultra is really silly but you get A LOT of autobombs for it.
good to know \o sounds entertaining too.

will go hunt for an rpy file, assuming there is one?

« Reply #409 on: September 02, 2011, 11:42:11 PM »
Very nice! UFO Ultra is in my opinion the hardest Ultra, although I was probably doing it wrong by not using SanaeB.

I decided I wanted to use Sanae B's spread for parts like pretty much all of stage 4, end stage 5 and Nue as well as abuse her shotgun damage, rather than use Reimu A's superior overall boss killing damage and useful hitbox. It's a pretty close payoff, and mostly comes down to being more comfortable with handling bosses (Sanae B pick) or stages (Reimu A pick).

Also, that description looks very familiar for some reason.  :V

...I don't know what you're talking about...

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #410 on: September 03, 2011, 01:48:03 AM »
Just managed the full set of Ten Desires lunatic captures.  Most attempts for any 1 spell was 60 or so for Yoshika's last spell, most annoying luck based BS spell was Miko's 6th spell, most disappointingly easy spell was Miko's 7th spell.  5 tries for normal version, 3 for hard version, 3 for lunatic version.

I would have the overdrives unlocked if I would just bother to go through easy mode.

« Reply #411 on: September 03, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »
I decided to take a break from getting more normal 1CCs to try playing lunatic, with continues of course.

IN - whatthefudgeisthis*dies*. Reaches 5.30 at the end of stage 5, capturing Invisible Full Moon and a bunch of easier cards
TD - *keeps blundering and forgetting to bomb* fudge this
MoF - Can't get past stage 1

Then PCB, where I capture freaking Components of Konpaku, ending with defeating Yuyuko with 1 continue to spare!

And I'm a guy who plays normal.

Why do people consider IN the easiest Touhou game, the patterns I find are much harder than PCB, and the last spell system eats up your bombs very fast anyway, and PCB's borders add additional safety. It's only the easiest Touhou game on easy mode.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #412 on: September 03, 2011, 08:47:21 AM »
Why do people consider IN the easiest Touhou game, the patterns I find are much harder than PCB, and the last spell system eats up your bombs very fast anyway, and PCB's borders add additional safety. It's only the easiest Touhou game on easy mode.
That's... Well, IN gives you a SPELL PRACTICE so you don't need to actually rush trough full stages in practice modo just to learn one single card off that stage.

Also, IN gives you a shitload of bombs in several points, (like... really), and the fact that there are lots of easilly found safespots. For lunatic modo, Kaguya tends to be somewhat of a joke. And, IF you use the extra lives IN throws at you, it's basically a 1CC without even capturing any cards. I think it's possible to do that.

Also, Last Spells don't eat bombs, do they?

« Reply #413 on: September 03, 2011, 08:48:59 AM »
That's... Well, IN gives you a SPELL PRACTICE so you don't need to actually rush trough full stages in practice modo just to learn one single card off that stage.

Also, IN gives you a shitload of bombs in several points, (like... really), and the fact that there are lots of easilly found safespots. For lunatic modo, Kaguya tends to be somewhat of a joke. And, IF you use the extra lives IN throws at you, it's basically a 1CC without even capturing any cards. I think it's possible to do that.

Also, Last Spells don't eat bombs, do they?
Your own last spells, you know, the upgraded deathbombs.

IN stages are really good at screen clutter too.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 08:51:24 AM by GuppyForce »

Formless God

« Reply #414 on: September 03, 2011, 09:11:14 AM »
... And Spell Practice is why half of the game is luckshit and the other half is lolfixedpatterns ?

For lunatic modo, Kaguya tends to be somewhat of a joke.
Kaguya
lunatic
a joke
I can't be the only one who thinks Byakuren is a joke compared to her.

« Reply #415 on: September 03, 2011, 09:39:29 AM »
how is Kaguya a joke  ??? yuyuko is way easier than her

and IN is easy because lolstage5
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #416 on: September 03, 2011, 12:39:53 PM »
... And Spell Practice is why half of the game is luckshit and the other half is lolfixedpatterns ?

Some of them are fixed. Most of the stuff is perfectly doable without memo though. That doesn't mean there isn't a good deal of crap cards but whatever.

I would not call Byakuren a joke but at least her challenge stems from properly made spellcards that doesn't have lasers that with fucked up hitboxes and a memorization based final spell.

I decided to take a break from getting more normal 1CCs to try playing lunatic, with continues of course.

Great! Keep it up!

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #417 on: September 03, 2011, 01:16:09 PM »
O_o Byakuren a joke.... Uhh?

Ohwell, I've run into this before. Different people find different stuff easy, I myself find Kaguya easier than Eirin, for example. The only actually bitchy cards Kaguya had were the 1st and the last one, with the latter one just needing some learning. And the learning was easier to do in Spell Practice than stage practice. :| The first spell is safespottable with some luck and manouvering, but I myself rarely use safespots, especially if I'm going for a 1CC run.

About luckshit.... Well, I dunno. Sometimes when you play IN it feels that half of the time you're lucky and half of the time you have to dodge some hellish walling just to run into another wall. Knowing the correct moment to destroy timeorb spawnin' enemies helps aswell, but in my opinion, it wasn't really hard to realize the correct moment to shoot the fairies down.

It took me ten minutes to close my gaping mouth after that video had ended. What the hell man. That's... just godlike.

I myself found practicin' Scarlet Gensokyo boring and decided to do something more refreshing.

Like playing EoSD normal.

With 350 fps.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #418 on: September 03, 2011, 01:26:06 PM »
=ragequits Touhou forever=

Just kidding. I hit this up manually when I read the previous page. Why so pro ;3;

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Derpface

• Don't worry universe, I will (ahn~♥) protect you...
  • Ke-he-he-he-he!
« Reply #419 on: September 03, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »
Oh derp. I just finished 1cc'ing normal of TD with Sanae. Then reading through all this stuff... *shrugs*

:fail:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:32:06 PM by Derpface »