Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 289380 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (REOPENED)
« Reply #810 on: August 31, 2011, 03:57:34 AM »
I just started the server and then shut it down from MCMA to stop the log from exploding. Sorry, I want to keep the server down until this is fixed.
We do what we must because we can.

It's unfortunate, but necessary at this point. I have no idea why the server was getting spammed so badly during the downtime.. Hopefully Provision Host will grant your request..

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #811 on: August 31, 2011, 04:06:37 AM »
Something is seriously fucked up, so what's going to happen is that I'm gonna back up the map and some other things, and then put in a ticket for a server wipe. We'll reinstall the plugins and stuff tomorrow.

I can't leave the server up because when MCMA crashes the log grows about 1 MB a minute with "unknown command" spam.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #812 on: August 31, 2011, 06:44:54 AM »
I wonder if this is a repeat of the regular crashing that occurred on DDR's server at one point. One thing I do remember from that is that it was solved with an older backup being restored (though a week of work went to nothing)....

Hope the issue can be fixed soon.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (FIXED)
« Reply #813 on: August 31, 2011, 11:09:17 PM »
Haha they just gave us a new box and IP to use

New IP: 64.31.42.141

Everything's been imported and seems to be working. The Dynmap is fixed too! (although it is once again blacked out D: )

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #814 on: August 31, 2011, 11:23:13 PM »
Haha they just gave us a new box and IP to use

New IP: 64.31.42.141

Everything's been imported and seems to be working. The Dynmap is fixed too! (although it is once again blacked out D: )
YAY!

The Dynmap also has had an update - you can now hide players on the livemap if you so choose. There are also some aesthetic changes such as smoother zooming and different style of speech bubbles.
IPs have yet to be masked though, ATM.

Also so far it seems no one has lost anything major yet. Of course, the Nether could be one.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #815 on: August 31, 2011, 11:55:15 PM »
Nope. It seems everything is back to working order.. Stuffman addressed the IP display issue, it will be resolved the next time the server restarts.

I'll jump into the Nether sometime and see about regenerating the glowstone deposits.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #816 on: September 01, 2011, 12:02:09 AM »
Nope. It seems everything is back to working order.. Stuffman addressed the IP display issue, it will be resolved the next time the server restarts.

I'll jump into the Nether sometime and see about regenerating the glowstone deposits.
Got it.

As for the glowstone, one VERY stupid and easy way is to use the WE brush tools to create glowstone spheres.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #817 on: September 01, 2011, 12:20:05 AM »
As for the glowstone, one VERY stupid and easy way is to use the WE brush tools to create glowstone spheres.
"That would make it too easy"TM  I'll just regenerate the natural deposits. YOU GOTTA WORK FOR 'EM

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #818 on: September 01, 2011, 12:25:13 AM »
"That would make it too easy"TM
Hence the emphasis on 'very'. :3

EDIT: LogBlock is not working. Apparently bedrock actually places now D:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 01:56:24 AM by SD50 Rainbow Synthesisis »
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #819 on: September 01, 2011, 02:50:15 AM »
Hence the emphasis on 'very'. :3

EDIT: LogBlock is not working. Apparently bedrock actually places now D:

SHHHH you were supposed to keep quiet about that!

The database hasn't been set up yet. Logblock will be re-enabled once it is.

« Reply #820 on: September 01, 2011, 01:49:04 PM »
wow, all the buildings at the spawn are looking so cool on the Livefeed (3D view).

Surface view does not work thought :( I want to see if you can actually "see" my "hole" underground already

I would like to build a castle in the nether :V I can do that right? (Since I have 2 1/2 chests full of stones already, blacksparda is to slow to use them :3)

« Reply #821 on: September 01, 2011, 02:26:35 PM »
wow, all the buildings at the spawn are looking so cool on the Livefeed (3D view).

Surface view does not work thought :( I want to see if you can actually "see" my "hole" underground already

I would like to build a castle in the nether :V I can do that right? (Since I have 2 1/2 chests full of stones already, blacksparda is to slow to use them :3)
Indeed. The 3D map view is what makes the Livefeed really cool. If only we could rotate the view angle, or have a chat backlog.. Hopefully in a future release.

Since the plugin is updated and we're on a new server, the map view was totally wiped. Just build and play normally, and it should become visible again soon. As far as the Nether... It seems that many people have taken to building cobble stuff there lately. Just keep in mind that Ghasts can spawn anywhere in the Nether if given enough space. That will probably be the biggest design issue when it comes to building the castle.

Oh. And there's plenty of cobble to go around. You can always raid people's chests negotiate with people, ask for donations, or tear down an errant floating island.. :3

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #822 on: September 01, 2011, 03:01:38 PM »
Yeah, go for it!

If you still have too much, Stuffman and I are willing to take them for forts and rail systems, respectively. I may even consider an exchange that involves gold (which I find as a better estimate of wealth since diamond is far more often used for tools, while gold is rather stable).

Indeed. The 3D map view is what makes the Livefeed really cool. If only we could rotate the view angle, or have a chat backlog.. Hopefully in a future release.

Since the plugin is updated and we're on a new server, the map view was totally wiped. Just build and play normally, and it should become visible again soon. As far as the Nether... It seems that many people have taken to building cobble stuff there lately. Just keep in mind that Ghasts can spawn anywhere in the Nether if given enough space. That will probably be the biggest design issue when it comes to building the castle.

Oh. And there's plenty of cobble to go around. You can always raid people's chests negotiate with people, ask for donations, or tear down an errant floating island.. :3
Indeed to the livefeed. Chat log would make for some funny quotes :V

Ghasts can spawn if the height of the area is 4 blocks or more. Therefore I suggest keeping the height down to 3 blocks within the fortress. Did that for the communal Nether base back on the last server, and had few ghast problems (mostly outside the base as well as in the nearby tree farm - yes, trees and wheat can grow there).

Tearing down the floating islands is a very effective but risky (prepare for many Shift Fails) way of getting stone, so long as no one's stuff within them is infringed. Strafe and I got a fortune of cobble and dirt by destroying the one north of spawn.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:07:28 PM by SD50 Rainbow Synthesisis »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #823 on: September 01, 2011, 03:08:40 PM »
Ghasts can spawn if the height of the area is 4 blocks or more.

I was about to ask. well then I have to rethink about the design

Tearing down the floating islands is a very effective but risky (prepare for many Shift Fails) way of getting stone, so long as no one's stuff within them is infringed. Strafe and I got a fortune of cobble and dirt by destroying the one north of spawn.

I'm creating a huge underground cave, I don't have to tear down any floating island for stones :V you are free to help me with that ^^

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #824 on: September 01, 2011, 03:19:34 PM »
I was about to ask. well then I have to rethink about the design
One idea (currently in use in my fortress on world) is to have a central ladder shaft and new floors every 4th block (eg. one on Y=64, another on Y=68, etc). This limits floor heights to 3 blocks, which isn't enough for ghasts.
One catch is that ghasts may spawn within the ladder shaft, but then it'll get stuck there, so....

I'm creating a huge underground cave, I don't have to tear down any floating island for stones :V you are free to help me with that ^^
I don't exactly need to either for the time being. ^^

On an off-note I am amazed at the mob arena's comparative success. Yesterday Shady and Agent were farming it all for what it was worth, which has also happened a few times before (mostly for interactive grinding). Perhaps another may need to be in the works? (after 4 other projects)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:22:40 PM by SD50 Rainbow Synthesisis »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #825 on: September 01, 2011, 03:29:48 PM »
I was thinking about making the mainhall 5 block high and every 4th block is a chandelier (a glowstone on a stick or 4  torches on a stone or something like that), rooms may  become 3 blocks high so there should not be a problem here ^^

« Reply #826 on: September 01, 2011, 03:32:19 PM »
Hm.. I have been inspired to build a Mob Vending Machine. It would blend the designs of your typical mob grinder with that of the Sheep Dispenser. :3

But alas.. "That would make the game too easy"TM

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #827 on: September 01, 2011, 03:35:12 PM »
Hm.. I have been inspired to build a Mob Vending Machine. It would blend the designs of your typical mob grinder with that of the Sheep Dispenser. :3

But alas.. "That would make the game too easy"TM
Yeah, FAR too easy. (PX's mob grinders already are borderline to that claim)

How about a mob arena design that bring the mobs directly towards players and uses piston-activated doors for safety? :3 That would also solve the players' tendency to camp near the entrance.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:37:18 PM by SD50 Rainbow Synthesisis »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #828 on: September 01, 2011, 03:47:30 PM »
Yeah, FAR too easy. (PX's mob grinders already are borderline to that claim)

How about a mob arena design that bring the mobs directly towards players and uses piston-activated doors for safety? :3 That would also solve the players' tendency to camp near the entrance.
Just be glad I don't import my high-output Mob Grinder. You thought the sand duper generates a lot of lag... leave this sucker unattended for a while. :V

As for a revised arena: I've been thinking of designs that would have an open, lit battle area with piston-activated mob dispensers around the perimeter. That way, the mob spawning conditions can still be met, while allowing the player to fight them in a well lit and protected area. Also, the arena could be used for general PVP, given that none of the dispensers are opened.

Yep. Definitely going to start building this one later on today. :3

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #829 on: September 01, 2011, 03:59:52 PM »
Just be glad I don't import my high-output Mob Grinder. You thought the sand duper generates a lot of lag... leave this sucker unattended for a while. :V
Strafing the server, EP/PX style (massive lag attack). That won't be good.

As for a revised arena: I've been thinking of designs that would have an open, lit battle area with piston-activated mob dispensers around the perimeter. That way, the mob spawning conditions can still be met, while allowing the player to fight them in a well lit and protected area. Also, the arena could be used for general PVP, given that none of the dispensers are opened.

Yep. Definitely going to start building this one later on today. :3
I had a similar idea as well, though it would involve water flow and darkened platforms above for mobs to spawn. Then they get lured down into the main platform (lit) and fought.

I'll probably try and assist it. Considering putting such a thing in the Ellia region since we have enough arenas near spawn. (speaking of which dedicated spawnpoints for both of mine are probably a good idea now)
Bad command or file name

« Reply #830 on: September 01, 2011, 04:09:33 PM »
I had a similar idea as well, though it would involve water flow and darkened platforms above for mobs to spawn. Then they get lured down into the main platform (lit) and fought.

I'll probably try and assist it. Considering putting such a thing in the Ellia region since we have enough arenas near spawn. (speaking of which dedicated spawnpoints for both of mine are probably a good idea now)
If my theories are correct, I can achieve this without using water channels. I have several things to test before the final plans are drawn.

I'll be scouting out a suitable location for the Strafe Arena (temporary name) a bit further away from Spawn. I'd like it to be at its own location, away from towns just in case of.... accidents. I'll use WorldGuard for setting up various protections as well as its own dedicated spawnpoint. Once the facility is complete, we can worry about a dedicated railway from Spawn.

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #831 on: September 02, 2011, 01:22:54 PM »
Hey Loverbutts,

Does anyone know what happened to my kitchen (lowest floor of my home)?  ;-;

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #832 on: September 02, 2011, 01:49:53 PM »
Does anyone know what happened to my kitchen (lowest floor of my home)?  ;-;
No idea, and to make matters worse we still don't have LogBlock installed (as of yesterday eve) so we can't trace a culprit.

It also didn't help that I went to investigate and ended up pulling a BSoD in one of the lava pools (I guess that was what the major problem was?) in the house. Lost a crapton of cobble, diamond tools, steel tools, and whatnot. ;_;
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:55:36 PM by SD50 Rainbow Synthesisis »
Bad command or file name

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #833 on: September 02, 2011, 04:12:32 PM »
It also didn't help that I went to investigate and ended up pulling a BSoD in one of the lava pools (I guess that was what the major problem was?) in the house. Lost a crapton of cobble, diamond tools, steel tools, and whatnot. ;_;

Oh noo!! I am so sorry, I am going to block off the area now.  Oh great I cannot login now..

I am happy to give you cobblestone and iron... I dont have much diamonds :(
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 04:16:38 PM by Dinosaur »

« Reply #834 on: September 02, 2011, 04:17:15 PM »
mmh, Dinosaur logged in and the server crashed ???

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (Crashing AGAIN?! D:)
« Reply #835 on: September 02, 2011, 04:18:26 PM »
It happened in the lower floor area. Didn't see the lack of stairs in one area below clouds -> fall in lava and die.

As for the return items, well, no need to really sweat it. It's not that big of a deal, ehe.

mmh, Dinosaur logged in and the server crashed ???
Uh oh. This is not good at all. It also seems to be pulling a DDR-style crash (hangs indefinitely)....

@Strafe & Stuffman: Having a backup operator may make sense now since it crashes usually when neither of you are available.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 04:28:18 PM by SD50 Rainbow Synthesisis »
Bad command or file name

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #836 on: September 02, 2011, 04:21:42 PM »
*sighs* i wake up and go to get on the server and to my surprise it's down AGAIN  :colonveeplusalpha:

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #837 on: September 02, 2011, 04:39:31 PM »
*sighs* i wake up and go to get on the server and to my surprise it's down AGAIN  :colonveeplusalpha:
It seems at this rate that we may need to have a temporary server running as well in case, albeit with probably a very different world.

I am aware there are mods/plugins that allow for connection to multiple servers, so then in that case we can have a very extended Multiverse...however, issues with Permissions and other plugins would likely arise. :V

So I say we watch warmly for Strafe and Stuffman's responses.

Oh, and on the subject of 'backup op' in my last post I'd be willing to do so.
I don't really care much about Op/mod powers at all (except for maybe the warp compass) and, should this idea be granted, I have zero intent on adjusting Permissions to make myself one, for 'that would make the game too easy'. All this access would be for would be to check on server status and manage it if needed, especially when server crashes such as this recent one occur (often they happen when neither of you are on, conveniently, and usually when I'm available).

EDIT: Reworded text
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:17:55 PM by SD50 Rainbow Synthesisis »
Bad command or file name

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #838 on: September 02, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »
nooooooooooooo ooooopen you server!

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.