Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 289366 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (REOPENED)
« Reply #540 on: August 10, 2011, 05:53:20 PM »
You mean you can put bucket on your head and it works too? How is this even possi... I mean, I've got to try this right away.
No, you hold the empty bucket in your hand while swimming, When you start running low on air just grab the water block right ahead of you, it'll create a temporary air pocket just enough to refill your air. Then you empty the bucket to the side and go on. You can swim forever with that.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

pineyappled

« Reply #541 on: August 10, 2011, 08:05:46 PM »
The spawn area was creeper'd, and I can't fix it. Maybe the are should be protected from explosions...? Sorry about the trouble.

« Reply #542 on: August 10, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »
The spawn area was creeper'd, and I can't fix it. Maybe the are should be protected from explosions...? Sorry about the trouble.
No trouble. Doc is on the case

BUNBUNMARU / AYAYAYAYA_EP'S SERVER REPORT, DAYS 1-2:

- Micspam is terribly effective. Occasionally it turned to a karaoke session (blame PX for that one, partially) as well. We may need one more broadcaster in case. Also volume seems to be variable, and content loaded up is highly variable, sometimes not even songs at all ("Syameimaru! Syameimaru! Perverted DVD!")
Speaking of which, are there any issues with it so far, such as audio quality, volume, and panning? (constructive criticism please)
 - Voice chat is even more effective for going around. It also seems to get a lot more real-life drama at times, however. Suggestion is to use hotkeys to activate talk, unless you're micspamming.
I think the mic spamming adventures are quite funny. It gets a bit chaotic at times, but fun nonetheless. My only issues with it are simple..
-Occasional volume control on EP's part. I guess it's hard for him to know, since he can't hear what he's spamming. :V Easily fixed though, if you just bring it to his attention.
-KARAOKE. I'm not against people singing along with the music, but the latency from Teamspeak de-syncs everyone's channels and it becomes a jumbled mess.
-Let's not be so hostile whenever something is played that you don't like. Simply mute whichever spammer is annoying to you. No need to constantly complain.  ;)
-I also agree on the push-to-talk button. It's just easier that way.
- Very distinct differences between bottom and top areas, and with few routes of easy access, it'll be like that for a while.
 - Warp compass would be extremely useful here but is tied to WE, so instead I suggest enabling flying later on, which relies on client-side mods and not mod/admin/OP powers.
I'll be trying to focus on creating more secure pathways down to the surface and across islands after I'm done with a couple current projects. I wish that we could provide the compass for everyone, but giving everyone full access to WE is :V :V  :ohdear:. Even if we could, it "would make things too easy"
- We may need free pumpkins too. Even if it's mostly for underwater exploration, but there are a lot of things down there worth looking at.
I'll keep this one in mind. Not only because of underwater breathing, but also because of underwater lighting. We're still holding out on the freebie chests for a bit... sorry for the disappointment.
- We need an arena up soon to tide PVP needs, or the spawn'll be used as one (and it already has).
 - Strafe has pulled a Level 1 DDR with 'unarmed players vs. mobs' rushes. This is getting funny.
Yes, yes, and more yes. Yesterday's Battle Royale was really fun. We need to build a proper battle arena so I can start spamming creepers at you guys. I've already started thinking of some "games" that we can play out there for some good, old-fashioned PVP chaos.  :3

« Reply #543 on: August 10, 2011, 09:24:09 PM »
Omg I'm at my friends place and the server looks fun, mind if I join? I'm Balrith.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #544 on: August 10, 2011, 09:41:03 PM »
I think the mic spamming adventures are quite funny. It gets a bit chaotic at times, but fun nonetheless. My only issues with it are simple..
...ehe, it was a success after all! :getdown:

-Occasional volume control on EP's part. I guess it's hard for him to know, since he can't hear what he's spamming. :V Easily fixed though, if you just bring it to his attention.
Yes. Let me know on TS voice chat or MC text chat about volume issues. I will reduce volume as well if I end up hearing my own spam clearly through any of your voicechats.

-KARAOKE. I'm not against people singing along with the music, but the latency from Teamspeak de-syncs everyone's channels and it becomes a jumbled mess.
(PX's suggestion) Sing AHEAD of what's being played.
Well, I can't hear the current spam location, so it doesn't affect me as much, but still, for everyone else, do that.

-Let's not be so hostile whenever something is played that you don't like. Simply mute whichever spammer is annoying to you. No need to constantly complain.  ;)
Well, feel free to say 'song X is getting annoying' and whatever, and I'll move it on to the next song as soon as possible. But if only a few of you say that, you're better off by muting and saying that you did so on MC text chat. Then I can send a text cue for the next song so you can un-mute.
Or, be like Sunny and mute everything I'm sending out. But where's the fun in that? :3

I'll be trying to focus on creating more secure pathways down to the surface and across islands after I'm done with a couple current projects. I wish that we could provide the compass for everyone, but giving everyone full access to WE is :V :V  :ohdear:. Even if we could, it "would make things too easy"
Trying to do the same already. And yes, even flying would make things too easy IMO.

Yes, yes, and more yes. Yesterday's Battle Royale was really fun. We need to build a proper battle arena so I can start spamming creepers at you guys. I've already started thinking of some "games" that we can play out there for some good, old-fashioned PVP chaos.  :3
Remind me to make pl_badwater and cs_office before I forget.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:29:38 PM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #545 on: August 10, 2011, 10:04:22 PM »
I managed to build a quite big house from scratch ( i think most people have seen it and no, it's not a church ) so i can only say one thing, Day well spent! Now that im done with that i can possible help others with their projects.

If you were to make a smaller arena along those, may i reccomend Blade's Edge Arena from WoW? It's nice, simple and perfect for settleing a grudge between two/a group of people.

« Reply #546 on: August 10, 2011, 10:54:05 PM »
Omg I'm at my friends place and the server looks fun, mind if I join? I'm Balrith.
Seeing that you joined the MotK forum today, we're probably not going to grant this request. Sorry! Become a bit more active on here, and then I'll gladly add you to the whitelist later.

Hey, don't forget to make pl_badwater and cs_office. :V

I managed to build a quite big house from scratch ( i think most people have seen it and no, it's not a church ) so i can only say one thing, Day well spent! Now that im done with that i can possible help others with their projects.
I think you're house came out quite nicely. I applaud your hard work on constructing it so quickly!

That said, we have been building quite a bit for the last couple days. I think it's time for everyone to start posting pictures for all to see, yes?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #547 on: August 10, 2011, 10:55:06 PM »
If you were to make a smaller arena along those, may i reccomend Blade's Edge Arena from WoW? It's nice, simple and perfect for settleing a grudge between two/a group of people.
This arena! I know it from VSH in TF2. Consider it in once I finish EPFort mk3.

Hey, don't forget to make pl_badwater and cs_office. :V
Ok...except, forget pl_badwater. I'm doing part of plr_pipeline (where the two carts are parallel and going up the incline) since that allows for easier refereeing work (which I guess I'll have to do owing to TF2 experience). Also, if arenas grow popular we may need to start building warp tiles to certain areas of the map to reduce commuting time.

Day 3 of new server is still successful. We now have an EPArena Basic to the north of spawn. 21 x 21 x 8 obsidian square floor with lava moat and bedrock to keep the lava in, and open-wall (but with a ceiling). Also has an audience booth for those orin.gif figures.
Need to settle a land dispute? Want to try and gamble? Someone poke fun at your house? Or are you just showing off? Settle your differences there (and in other future arenas that will be built)!

It is certified safe against any mobs and fire, but be careful about setting off TNT there! Also no extra water or lava allowed in. Most importantly, and this is with ALL arena fights, we are not responsible for ANY lost items in the arena.

Also, if you modify it for any special games please clean it up after you're done and leave a sign for any Ops to replace the lava.

And micspam karaoke just keeps on growing....For certain songs (requested or chosen) I opt to put karaoke warnings from here on out so that those who don't want to hear desynced vocals can take off headphones or mute everyone else.
On a related topic, if your requests come predominantly from a few sources only too frequently (eg. a certain anime OVA, sound novel XYZ, even too many of a certain artist, style, or synth) I will ignore your requests for a bit of time to allow for more variety. Granted, I should watch my own choices for this as well ~ .

We're also seeing CHEEEEEEEN-ism grow, defaced pumpkins, and an increasing demand for more arenas (such as mazes, trap-heavy ones, and whatever I'm suggesting).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 01:03:36 PM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
Bad command or file name

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #548 on: August 11, 2011, 02:39:55 PM »
We're also seeing CHEEEEEEEN-ism grow, defaced pumpkins, and an increasing demand for more arenas (such as mazes, trap-heavy ones, and whatever I'm suggesting).
I am so in on making an arena like that, because an arena with traps would be so much fun to play on.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #549 on: August 11, 2011, 03:57:44 PM »
I am so in on making an arena like that, because an arena with traps would be so much fun to play on.
I think PX is wanting to build a clever arena full of these but just wants others to give the resources. As for me, I'm terrible with redstone so this won't be in roster.

EDIT: I think I found something to beat your love for Demoman Friday, all of you. >:D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:45:43 PM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
Bad command or file name

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #550 on: August 11, 2011, 09:39:53 PM »
Hey guys , we should add this mod.

To satisfy our craving for beer. Well , it's not beer , but it makes you DRUNK.

We should also add chairs , as that would be neat.

These mods don't really change much. They're for F U N.  :V

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #551 on: August 11, 2011, 10:11:22 PM »
Hey guys , we should add this mod.

To satisfy our craving for beer. Well , it's not beer , but it makes you DRUNK.

We should also add chairs , as that would be neat.

I agree with the chairs, since I end up making them just so my house actually looks furnished, but if we add beer no one's going to shut up about my skin and cucumber flavored beer. Then again you all end up mentioning it half the time anyways so :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #552 on: August 11, 2011, 10:18:44 PM »
I agree with the chairs, since I end up making them just so my house actually looks furnished, but if we add beer no one's going to shut up about my skin and cucumber flavored beer. Then again you all end up mentioning it half the time anyways so :V
No, we'll just micspam it when you're on.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #553 on: August 12, 2011, 06:27:30 AM »
all right guys, i'm leaving now, will be on a plane in like 12 hours ... HAVE FUN :DDDDD cant wait to see how developed this server becomes ~

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #554 on: August 12, 2011, 07:16:37 AM »
all right guys, i'm leaving now, will be on a plane in like 12 hours ... HAVE FUN :DDDDD cant wait to see how developed this server becomes ~
Likely - EPFort is done, 12 arenas are made, a new village order is established up in the islands while the lowlands are mostly still in land grab....
Bad command or file name

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #555 on: August 12, 2011, 07:53:40 AM »
Likely - EPFort is done, 12 arenas are made, a new village order is established up in the islands while the lowlands are mostly still in land grab....
AND I STILL HAVEN'T JOINED YET :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #556 on: August 12, 2011, 09:25:31 AM »
AND I STILL HAVEN'T JOINED YET :V
Get on here and TS already :V

Made another automated mob rush arena, minus the needed spawners and bedrock change process - northeast of spawn. EPFort has some progress, and more old world structures are getting imported in.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #557 on: August 12, 2011, 10:30:38 AM »
This is an important announcement from your friendly, neighborhood Dr.Strafe:

We had a slight fire outbreak on the server earlier this morning. It seems that some trees had overgrown into an established fire pit that was made out of Netherrack. The fire was contained and the damage has been repaired. I have also sealed off the small tree farm that was responsible for the incident.

Anyway, I ask that people please take more care on where they place things. If you must burn Netherrack, then take some precautions against anything nearby that is flammable. When you plant trees, please make sure to not place them close to burning Netherrack, or anything similar. Most of the homes and bases established on the server are largely made of wood and other combustibles.

I want to avoid a similar situation causing even more destruction while Stuffman and I are out. We might have to disable fire spread if we have another scare like this.

Now for some better news:
If you're at the Spawn Point and go down the Northwest staircase, you'll see a quaint little building made out of glass and glowstone. This is the home of the Community Wool Center! What is this, you ask? Well, since this new world is significantly more dangerous than our last server, I have built a safe place where one can gather wool.

Inside the building, you will find a large stone structure: the Sheep Dispenser. :3 Use this to summon as many white sheep as you would like to manage. I suggest that you stick with 3-4 so that the room won't get too crowded by idiotic sheep. Now, there are two methods of obtaining wool that I'd like to discuss.

1. Using the wool regrowth mod. Just like the previous server, you can feed bread to the sheep to allow their wool to grow back. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, you can dye sheep into one of the other natural colors (black, brown, light gray, or dark gray) and the wool regrowth mod will retain those colors. Any other color of wool will need you to dye the sheep again. Since the "other natural colors" take a bit of work to obtain, this mod greatly helps consumption of those dyes.

2. Spawn, dye, shave, kill, repeat. Use this method if you don't have any wheat or bread, or don't have to worry about "other natural colors" of wool. Since you have to dye the sheep again for the exotic colors anyway, feel free to take some aggression out on these stupid buggers. I have found that using tamed wolves helps a bunch with this method, since you can focus on dying and shaving the sheep. Just hit them to have the wolves attack. No need to waste your sword!

Whenever you're done, please clear the facility of sheep before you leave. Also, I'll be working on the crafting stations and possibly redesigning the front door in future. I'll start donating wheat to the facility once I get my farm up and running. Note: You must supply your own dye and shears. I will not be providing these.

Have fun and start building more colorful projects, people. Get to shavin'!

I doubt we'll implement the beer mod, but the chair mod sounds cool. We'll see what Stuffman thinks about it.

Several edits.... Just tidying up
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:43:25 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #558 on: August 12, 2011, 11:52:23 AM »
lol, I'm the one who saw the fire.

"Theres something on fire up there"
"Thats just netherrack..."

"...oh shi-"

:V

My cobble tower/fort thing was imported, and my small lighthouse style house was also imported today. Its kinda near a "reserved" area, but I think I'm far enough away from it. I've also covered the reserved area and around there with torches to stop mob spawn around there.

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #559 on: August 12, 2011, 07:01:53 PM »
I have also sealed off the small tree farm that was responsible for the incident.

yeah sorry about the overgrowth from the trees. i didn't think it would ever grow that far.

Whenever you're done, please clear the facility of sheep before you leave. Also, I'll be working on the crafting stations and possibly redesigning the front door in future. I'll start donating wheat to the facility once I get my farm up and running. Note: You must supply your own dye and shears. I will not be providing these
yeah i have my own big wheat farm and i will be gladly donating a bunch of bread to the sheep spawner. (i can put them in the chests if that's okay)

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #560 on: August 13, 2011, 03:41:39 AM »
Would anyone be so kind enough to donate 20,000 blocks of smooth stone or 40,000 blocks of tree logs? :3

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #561 on: August 13, 2011, 03:43:14 AM »
Would anyone be so kind enough to donate 20,000 blocks of smooth stone or 40,000 blocks of tree logs? :3
What for? Do your own work ~
Bad command or file name

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #562 on: August 13, 2011, 03:45:45 AM »
What for? Do your own work ~
);
To build build floating fortresses and Teldrassil/Nordrassil what else.

E: Ok, maybe not to exact scale.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #563 on: August 13, 2011, 03:47:15 AM »
);
To build build floating fortresses and Teldrassil/Nordrassil what else.
Good luck with those! I cannot assist with any of these.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #564 on: August 13, 2011, 08:17:18 AM »
:teaspit:

Might I suggest carving this base out of an existing mountain? This would help reduce the coal needed to make such a large amount of smooth stone. You're on your own as far as gathering the wood is concerned. :V

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #565 on: August 13, 2011, 09:24:34 AM »
Might I suggest carving this base out of an existing mountain? This would help reduce the coal needed to make such a large amount of smooth stone. You're on your own as far as gathering the wood is concerned. :V

Yeah, won't work. I'm trying to make a floating fortress. Therefore it will be around the sky limit (currently).
I might hold these projects off until the max height changes though.

Raymoo

• Newbie Grazer
« Reply #566 on: August 13, 2011, 05:12:20 PM »
hmm is the server down? Live map is not connecting
It repeats the same melody and crescendos gradually, peacefully, and beautifully. It would be nice if life changed like that; slowly but surely, while being seemingly unchanged from day to day.

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #567 on: August 13, 2011, 05:16:36 PM »
hmm is the server down? Live map is not connecting
Yah, I couldn't get in either.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #568 on: August 13, 2011, 05:16:51 PM »
It's down here as well. Must be either server maintenance or Permissions / plugin changing time.
EDIT: It seems BSoD has failed the overnight SL install, Sunny :\
Bad command or file name

Raymoo

• Newbie Grazer
« Reply #569 on: August 13, 2011, 05:30:33 PM »
Darn, i mined like 20 diamonds right before it died. I hope I still have it. Also are there mods on the server now?
It repeats the same melody and crescendos gradually, peacefully, and beautifully. It would be nice if life changed like that; slowly but surely, while being seemingly unchanged from day to day.