Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 289360 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2011, 02:58:06 PM »
I want to see some ingame screenshots or a small tour? =3
We're trying to get the former arranged, but until then feel free to PM Stuffman with your MC account name and he will add you to the whitelist, where you're more than welcome to join us! :)
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Eraiya

« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2011, 05:06:46 PM »
stop self advertising eraiya :3

I don't see anything wrong with it, though...  :ohdear: Some people want PvP arenas, and I happened to have made about five a month or two ago for this exact purpose: for people to add to their SMP servers for people to have more fun... If I offended you or anyone else, I apologize.

and who needs edit when you have time and blocks.

Well... Even making each of them with WorldEdit, I still spent many hours on all of those maps, individually. To gather the resources by hand and manually place them just so without WorldEdit would take days/weeks to recreate these maps in-game, where it would just be simpler to add them through the use of a program like MCEdit in less than five minutes.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2011, 05:52:58 PM »
There's a problem with a PvP Arena currently. There's no PvP. >_<

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2011, 06:02:02 PM »
There's a problem with a PvP Arena currently. There's no PvP. >_<
Aw great, even less reason to put in customized deaths! ;_;
Though we'd also need to work out a system for doing PVP, such as wagering and whatnot....

Speaking of customized deaths, here's an alternate lava one:
"Orin put <player>'s corpse in the Hell of Blazing Fires"

...just a random thought from this morning.
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2011, 06:44:48 PM »
I like how you guys and girls setup the entire motk server. Good idea of using whitelist, helps keeping the overview.

Can I show you around? :3
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2011, 08:35:19 PM »
I like how you guys and girls setup the entire motk server. Good idea of using whitelist, helps keeping the overview.

Pictures won't do you much justice. You'd have to see the sites yourself to get the full impact.
JOIN US, HELEPOLIS

Ok seriously. There aren't very many sites to see. People are just now beginning to branch out of the main village to work on new projects. You can use the livefeed map link in Stuffman's first post to keep an eye on progress until screenshots are available.

If you'd like to play also, then I can add you to the whitelist myself.

Edit - *sigh* Looks like I have a ton of farming ahead of me. I blasted through my entire stockpile of wheat (roughly a small chest's worth) and got enough wool for about 1/4 of my new project. I'm seriously thinking about changing the Wool Regrowth to require wheat instead of bread. I don't know....

If anyone would like to donate any wheat or black wool, I'd greatly appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:48:16 AM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2011, 11:56:53 AM »
Edit - *sigh* Looks like I have a ton of farming ahead of me. I blasted through my entire stockpile of wheat (roughly a small chest's worth) and got enough wool for about 1/4 of my new project. I'm seriously thinking about changing the Wool Regrowth to require wheat instead of bread. I don't know....

If anyone would like to donate any wheat or black wool, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Having wheat over bread for sheep makes it too easy IMO.
I have about 3 3/4 stacks of wheat you can use. Where do you want me to put it?
Bad command or file name

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2011, 11:58:31 AM »
IN THE SHEEP.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2011, 11:59:23 AM »
IN THE SHEEP.
Other than there of course. :V
Bad command or file name

« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2011, 12:07:34 PM »
You have a point. I guess my problem is the staggering amount of black wool that I need..

A chest at my place in the village should be fine. Thanks!
IN THE SHEEP.
EVENTUALLY

Night4ce

• Mokou
  • ^_^
    • Yutube Channel
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2011, 02:19:50 PM »

Wait... Helepolis is part of the MotK?? and staff at that??? AND PLAYS MINECRAFT??
I learn new things everyday.. Whats been going Hele?

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2011, 02:52:31 PM »

Sounds like a cue for me to recreate the Industrial-Grade Wheat Production Plant (patent pending) on the server, then?

Not that it was very efficient. Where'd you get an entire small chest full of wheat? That really is a lot. The plant yields only one and a half stack per one harvest.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2011, 02:58:33 PM »
On an off-note, I re-read the comments on a PVP arena and think I have an idea for my next project - de_dust. >:D

It'll take a lot of sandstone, though....
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »
I don't think so, seeing how much wool so many projects require. Plus it makes a hell lot more sense.

Wait... Helepolis is part of the MotK?? and staff at that??? AND PLAYS MINECRAFT??
I learn new things everyday.. Whats been going Hele?
The hell do you know him from ???

de_dust. >:D
no

that map is fucking everywhere why
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
no

that map is fucking everywhere why
Aha, I wasn't being serious about that. This is also why I won't be considering making 2fort (not even the Arena version) as a PVP arena either.
Then what'll be good...? Definitely not de_dust2, cs_office, cp_orange, achievement_idle (XD), cs_havana, de_aztec, cp_badlands, *shot*

...how about vsh_hakurei_shrine_v3? :D
Bad command or file name

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
No idea what map you are talking about, EP, but definitely consider putting de_torn in there somewhere. I do trust you've played plenty of CS 1.6 in your time and therefore know all the default maps like the back of your hand.

Or go with de_airstrip.

I am kind of getting bored of Minecraft for now. I have no real motivation to keep on building or any inspiration, either.

But do not put shrooms in my lighthouse please, whoever it was. It does not look right when they spread all over the place and are on every free square. And it is not exactly abandoned... yet.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2011, 06:33:14 PM »
No idea what map you are talking about, EP, but definitely consider putting de_torn in there somewhere. I do trust you've played plenty of CS 1.6 in your time and therefore know all the default maps like the back of your hand.
I only plan to put in one TF2/CS map now. I did play tons of CS1.6 and CZ, as well as a good bit of Source, but I have much more playtime in TF2.
vsh_hakurei_shrine_v3 is a Vs. Saxton Hale (VSH) mode map for TF2. As the name suggests, it takes place in Hakurei Shrine grounds.

I'll think about putting another map (de_torn, de_airstrip, E1M1 :V, dod_donner, or de_stadium) in there.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2011, 07:38:02 PM »
Sounds like a cue for me to recreate the Industrial-Grade Wheat Production Plant (patent pending) on the server, then?

Not that it was very efficient. Where'd you get an entire small chest full of wheat? That really is a lot. The plant yields only one and a half stack per one harvest.
After several passes in my own underground farm. Each harvest brings in 120 wheat (nearly 2 stacks). I had been stockpiling since Stuffman first mentioned the Wool Regrowth plugin.

This has worked out very well for my efforts. It's just waiting for the harvests gets old fast. Either that, or toil down there with tons of bone meal..

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2011, 07:59:16 PM »
After several passes in my own underground farm. Each harvest brings in 120 wheat (nearly 2 stacks). I had been stockpiling since Stuffman first mentioned the Wool Regrowth plugin.

This has worked out very well for my efforts. It's just waiting for the harvests gets old fast. Either that, or toil down there with tons of bone meal..
I see. It looks quite small, but it really is exactly 120 blocks of farmland. Well I guess all thanks to it not having any fancy additions that make the whole thing look obnoxiously large.

Where do you even have these, doc? I can't see any entrance in Strafe's Office, it must be really well-concealed (perhaps that protected lever?). And I assume the obnoxious block of cobble just outside your office that is the upper portion of somebody's tree farm belongs to you.

Also, why Sigma, anyway? Why not Nu? Pi is too mainstream, I guess, but Nu is the really hipster thing. You should totally call it "Project Nu".

Aaaanyway. I have to postpone my plans as I CBA to play Minecraft for now, really. I feel too depressed for this right now. Best of luck with your recreation of the blue UFO or whatever Project Nu Sigma is, doc.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2011, 08:12:39 PM »
Where do you even have these, doc? I can't see any entrance in Strafe's Office, it must be really well-concealed (perhaps that protected lever?). And I assume the obnoxious block of cobble just outside your office that is the upper portion of somebody's tree farm belongs to you.
That's actually mine. ...no plans to change the cobble, though, since I only visit the area for supplies.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2011, 08:18:32 PM »
I see. It looks quite small, but it really is exactly 120 blocks of farmland. Well I guess all thanks to it not having any fancy additions that make the whole thing look obnoxiously large.

Also, why Sigma, anyway? Why not Nu? Pi is too mainstream, I guess, but Nu is the really hipster thing. You should totally call it "Project Nu".

Aaaanyway. I have to postpone my plans as I CBA to play Minecraft for now, really. I feel too depressed for this right now. Best of luck with your recreation of the blue UFO or whatever Project Nu Sigma is, doc.
I designed the farm to maximize as much space as I could without having to branch out too far underground. I didn't want to run into EP's tree farm or encroach on the underground caverns too much. The only fancy addition to the farm is the piston/water harvesting function.  And yes, the protected lever in the office opens the path down to both the wheat farm and the mushroom farm.

I call it Project Sigma because I am building the Evil Eye Sigma from Touhou 2. The revamped UFO project will come later, while I still think about some additions for it. I would also like to rebuild the Jeweled Pagoda (legitimately, this time  :V )

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2011, 08:26:02 PM »
I designed the farm to maximize as much space as I could without having to branch out too far underground. I didn't want to run into EP's tree farm or encroach on the underground caverns too much. The only fancy addition to the farm is the piston/water harvesting function.  And yes, the protected lever in the office opens the path down to both the wheat farm and the mushroom farm.
You've actually fitted some pistons in here as well for water-assisted harvesting? I can't see any in the picture. This looks really space-efficient. I guess that some espionage is in order.

« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2011, 08:35:42 PM »
You've actually fitted some pistons in here as well for water-assisted harvesting? I can't see any in the picture. This looks really space-efficient. I guess that some espionage is in order.
All redstone work (as well as the water needed for the plants) is obscured by the wooden half-block paths. Pistons are lined along the North and South ends of the room. I'll remove the protection on the lever inside the office so you can go take a look. Just please don't dismantle the contraption to see the redstone work. The area is pretty compact, and any water leaks would disrupt it entirely.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2011, 10:07:12 PM »
But do not put shrooms in my lighthouse please, whoever it was.
Seems I wasn't the only one to find the whole place filled with mushrooms :|
                                                                                   .

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2011, 10:32:25 PM »
Pictures won't do you much justice. You'd have to see the sites yourself to get the full impact.
JOIN US, HELEPOLIS

Ok seriously. There aren't very many sites to see. People are just now beginning to branch out of the main village to work on new projects. You can use the livefeed map link in Stuffman's first post to keep an eye on progress until screenshots are available.

If you'd like to play also, then I can add you to the whitelist myself.

A point to note, put the mouse on the right of the livefeed and you can change it to 3D, nether, or cave modes. I had no idea, its pretty awesome. Especially considering Cartograph took ages to do the same job.

Glad someone added me to the Whitelist, I had no idea there even was one. I just logged in without any troubles  :V

SM show'd me around a bit, and I set up a small abode just outside of the town near SM's.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a180/manmuppet/2011-07-23_224136.png
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a180/manmuppet/2011-07-23_224202.png

Arrrr shes a beaut

The road to it isn't quite finished though. I ran out of gravel. Didn't use cobble for the path leading to for the reason it'd end up matching the building, which would have sucked.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2011, 10:51:46 PM »
Nice seeing you back here Kinzo!

Looks like your cobble fortress is making a return...very nice. No overpass this time though.

EDIT: Great, town's expanded south AND west. Now my place is getting dangerously close to the town vicinity....
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:13:33 PM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2011, 11:00:39 PM »
You best be choosing well where to place those roads, sir
                                                                                   .

wooterz

« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2011, 01:26:50 AM »
On an off-note, I re-read the comments on a PVP arena and think I have an idea for my next project - de_dust. >:D

It'll take a lot of sandstone, though....

cs_office is for real pros you noob

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2011, 01:29:26 AM »
cs_office is for real pros you noob
That'll never happen from me (reason: too common - and it's the other definitive CS map along with dust, consequently. Overplayed!):

Definitely not de_dust2, cs_office, cp_orange, achievement_idle (XD), cs_havana, de_aztec, cp_badlands, *shot*
...come to think of it...after vsh_hakurei_shrine_v3 maybe part of pl_badwater could be put in...but it's highly unlikely.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:35:26 AM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2011, 01:36:38 AM »
EDIT: Great, town's expanded south AND west. Now my place is getting dangerously close to the town vicinity....
Go down into my diamond mine and walk to the far end.
You'll never be near civilisation again.

And I'm probably going to go on today, and get ready for an expedition.