Author Topic: ヽ(`Д?)ノ︵ ┻━┻ Danmaku!! x Table Top Simulator: The Seija Experience  (Read 12605 times)

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
What is Danmaku!!?

My circle's humble super awesome Touhou card game, there's a development thread in Nitori's Garage and an official site with a free print and play.

What is Table Top Simulator?

To put it simply it?s a physics engine specialized for board games and the like. By specialized I mean it has convenience functions like ?Deal? buttons and a shake to shuffle a deck feature, plus various other gestures. Once I played the tutorial, which is more an introduction to the controls, I was able to understand controls they didn?t explain, like I guessed that Z would zoom in on an object for me. And yes it does have online multiplayer.

What are we doing here?

We're playing Danmaku!!'s print and play version over TTS!  As Danmaku!!'s co-creator, I'll try to be available for games Sundays after 2pm Central, till about 6pm Central.  My Steam ID and Skype ID are both Moogs Parfait.

Now TTS isn?t free, it?s $15, and we?re not affliated with them; but I wanted to make this option available to those of you who?d like to try Danmaku!! but don?t have Touhou friends nearby.  (This is me cause my friends are old and lame)

Be sure to join our Steam community!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DanmakuTTS

Table Top Simulator Tips
The program has some quirks, so here are a few tips:
  • Play the tutorial, it teaches you the controls, then practice them
  • The -/+ keys resize objects, and number keys set a die to that number
  • You?re going to want a mouse and voice chat. TTS keeps your hands busy so using text chat can be cumbersome
  • Mouse wheel zooms in on an object you?re viewing with Alt, if you are using a touchpad you may want to rebind this function to something else as it?s really useful
  • Shift is ?Push?, if you like to use Push-To-Talk on skype you will want to change this keymap
  • If you're playing with me, don't be surprised if you hear baby noises in the background

Easy Button: Danmaku!! Initial Game Save File
http://danmaku.mysteryparfait.com/wp-content/uploads/TS_Save_1.zip
Unzip this an add it to your TTS saved games folder. On Windows it may look like this:
C:\Users\user_000\Documents\My Games\Tabletop Simulator\Saves

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:46:58 PM by Moogs Parfait »

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
RIP Me

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Ahh you ok? Don't die oh great card maker-san!
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
I am really bad at my own card game

Colticide

• Awoo!~

Could it be you have better opponents? I always find any form of game I make someone just "get's" it better.

ShadowNCS

• Prinny Overlord
  • Highly Responsive to Jinxes
If you're referring to the games we played yesterday, I think it was more of a "the maker of the game is here, so let's better team up and defeat him before he has the chance to unleash his creator knowledge and annihilates all of us!".
That said, being bad at one's own game is not a foreign concept to me. I'm really bad at the danmaku patterns that I make. xD;

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
It may be some of all that. I'm usually too distracted to keep track of who I think has what role too.

I'd say I don't have much creator power, but I am exceptionally dangerous as Reisen

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
Someone stop Lily White's rampage!

ShadowNCS

• Prinny Overlord
Someone stop Lily White's rampage!
Yuuka:
I gladly did. By ending the game.  ;)
... and drawing summer. But it was the same turn! So it really doesn't matter! :ohdear:

That really was some crazy Lily DEATH though. (Don't ask me what color "death" is supposed to be, though.)

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Yuuka:
I gladly did. By ending the game.  ;)
... and drawing summer. But it was the same turn! So it really doesn't matter! :ohdear:

That really was some crazy Lily DEATH though. (Don't ask me what color "death" is supposed to be, though.)

If you consider the Japanese then its the color purple.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
If you consider the Japanese then its the color purple.

Yukari is primarily purple, so then iz ze kill? /s

Eventually I'll check out this game, it seems fun.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

I think at a certain point of draw quality, Pachouli goes from "play like the rest of the players" to "DROWN THE OPPOSITION IN SHOT CARDS"

Tempest always helps, especially when it's a partner that plays it.  :3

Also, Eternal Night pairs really well with Pachy. It turns moving shot cards into a drag-box affair!

Also, it's S҉̯̜͙P͙̗RI̝͜I̯͡I̲̟̟̼̦̯͇Ḭ̖̜̣̖̲̀I̜̹̼̜̲I̤̙͖I̤͙͙̜̩͇͡ͅN͖̱̬̕G͍̭̖̟̥̳

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
I think with TTS making the games take longer we should move to using the scoring optional rules.  That way when team Chilled Sake holds out at 1 life the game will end faster.

I think with TTS making the games take longer we should move to using the scoring optional rules.  That way when team Chilled Sake holds out at 1 life the game will end faster.

In all fairness, it didn't help that I wasn't getting more than one attacking card per turn to overcome the healing, and niether wanted to attack Yukari because she can counter horrendously.

Also, I've decided to assign some arbitrary numbers to how I feel the characters feel in a role, some better than others:

Futo as EX Boss: 1/5 Her power does not complement this role. At all. EX Bosses are either about straight offense or protecting the Heroine.

Yukari as Stage Boss: 4/5  Yukari is best in a position where she's getting attacked a lot. She'd probably be a fantastic Heroine! And a terrible EX Boss...

Patchy as Heroine: 5/5 brb drowning in shot cards Patchy is very easy for Partners to support with Tempest,  and Stage Bosses will never want to play Tempest against her, which is interesting, since her bonus is less effective in this position. Also cards that give Patchy cards to give Patchy cards and I see where this hand limit thing came from.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 04:10:58 AM by Amew The Fox »

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
I completely missed your first post somehow.  ???

Danmaku!!'s meta changes completely based on who is on the board and who has what role. 

Futo is like Cirno in that her bomb is really strong.  If you're playing as her for the EX Boss you should be feeding the Heroine awesome hands, then eating her hands when you turn on her.

Patchy plays a lot of Capcom games and loves big combos...that's kinda her thing.  She really leaves a big impression on people.  Tenshi does also because they read her bomb and they're confused, then they use it, lose the challenge, and have this moment of enlightenment.

I think Yukari fits any role well personally, there's no reason I can think of that her powers wouldn't work for EX Boss. ???

I completely missed your first post somehow.  ???

Danmaku!!'s meta changes completely based on who is on the board and who has what role. 

Futo is like Cirno in that her bomb is really strong.  If you're playing as her for the EX Boss you should be feeding the Heroine awesome hands, then eating her hands when you turn on her.

Patchy plays a lot of Capcom games and loves big combos...that's kinda her thing.  She really leaves a big impression on people.  Tenshi does also because they read her bomb and they're confused, then they use it, lose the challenge, and have this moment of enlightenment.

I think Yukari fits any role well personally, there's no reason I can think of that her powers wouldn't work for EX Boss. ???

You missed my first post because I don't post enough on here and haven't passed the "are you a spambot" threashold. Who knows? Maybe I'll post enough to get an avatar...

The only problem I could see with the "feed Heroine awesome hands" thing is you don't know what said cards are, but that could also be said of Patchy and Tempest.

With Patchy, it's kinda a Linear Warriors, Quadratic Wizards kinda thing? Like how D&D Wizards once they get over that initial hump of getting crushed, they're awesome?

Though, I think I'll try out Tenshi sometime.  :3

Well, EX Boss, as I said before, are mostly about characters that get huge offense with no support, like Marisa, or...well, I haven't played enough, so take my opinions with a grain of salt...anyway, other than offense, the EX Boss goes about defending the Heroine or just outlasting your opponents. Yukari would be okay, I guess because no one would want to attack her without knowing they are safe, or Suika with her healing. Other EX Boss canidates would be Meling, with her counterattack spellcard, or Satori. Actually, Satori could fit into any role, but is limited based on who they're playing against.

In other news, it's sad we didn't get Sakuya for some ZA WARUDO over Skype. Has Sakuya cropped up in previous sessions?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 04:55:03 AM by Amew The Fox »

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
MOOGS'S GUIDE TO KILLING PATCHY!

TL;DR: Since people seem to have a hard time with this, the trick is that Patchy is really predictable.  Wait for her to try to combo then shut her down.  Particularly if you see her get a draw card in a Kourindou, prepare your counter.

Alice
You have the ability to turtle on top of permanents.  Collect Focus cards and the Stopwatch and defend them.  Save your bombs for cancelling Patchy's bomb.

Aya
A handful of Shoots and Grazes should be enough.

Byakuren
Do not use your Shoots on your turn, you shouldn't really be doing this anyway.  Use your spell card when Patchy has the opportunity to drown you in Shoots to defend yourself, otherwise save Bombs for cancelling.

Cirno
Keep Patchy in range and freeze her when she picks up extra Shots per turn. 

Eirin
Tank hits from Patchy a couple of times then heal yourself and possibly your team.  You want to time things so that Patchy's combo fails and she's left herself overextended.

Futo
Give Patchy's hand to your ally, or anyone at all really.  Even if you move it to someone on her team, they have to discard almost half of it at the end of your turn.

Keine
You're strong against Patchy.  You can counter not only her spell card but all the draw cards she'll want to play.

Marisa
Borrow all her books.  It's best if you sit on your shoots till you can play a lot at once.

Meiling
Use your spell card at the start of Patchy's combo (When she attacks after drawing or she just has a ton of cards in her hand)

Miko
You're really a team player, so you'll have to use your teammates.  If your teammates follow you before Patchy, feed them the cards you can't use so you can team up on her.

Nitori
Anytime you play Nitori you want to be shooting off everyone's Power cards to make yourself invincible.  If Patchy plays a Stopwatch or something do your best to negate it until you can get rid of it.

Reisen
Like all characters with a counter, you are strong against Patchy.  Steal her spellcard and shut her down.

Remilia
As landlord, Patchy would be very unwise to attack you.  Never discard a Graze and enjoy your overwhelming matchup advantage.

Reimu
Besides Aya, Patchy is best capable of doding your shots.  However you can always ban Grazes, or Shots, or Sutra Scrolls.

Sakuya
One bomb and Patchy's combo ends immediately. Easy.

Sanae
Shoot at her a few times to fish for Grazes then blow Patchy up with the Miracle Fruit.

Satori
Combo Patchy before she combos you, remember to keep tabs on her hand.

Suika
You're probably one of the few characters who can out-tank Patchy and Nitori.  It'll be a battle of attrition unless you can engineer a range advantage.

Tenshi
Let her hit you, feels good man.  Challenge her to get rid of those Shoots.

Utsuho
You'll have to either survive a combo or strike when Patchy otherwise overextends herself.  You've got great offense but you're a one trick bird.

Youmu
You have no particular advantages to utilize against Patchy, it's best to save your bomb to cancel hers.

Yukari
Like Remilia, you have a good matchup advantage going on, abuse it.

Yuuka
Don't use your spell card, you're weak VS Patchy so I'm afraid you have a rough road ahead.

Edit: Sakuya I haven't personally seen played since AX back in August, when I was playing as Patchouli and got my turn ended immediately after playing Voile.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:25:13 AM by Moogs Parfait »

draganuv15

I've been lurking on the development forum for a while and I've been contemplating whether to buy TTS to play this or not but I'd probably have to read the rules over a few dozen times before I actually attempted to play with other people :V

ShadowNCS

• Prinny Overlord
MOOGS'S GUIDE TO KILLING PATCHY!

Marisa
Borrow all her books.  It's best if you sit on your shoots till you can play a lot at once.

Meiling
Use your spell card at the start of Patchy's combo (When she attacks after drawing or she just has a ton of cards in her hand)
Funny how those two ended up next to each other, because they were fighting Patche in our last game. xD

The problem with Marisa is that you first have to hit her. And if Patche dodges (or her partner shoots away) every single attack you have, there's little you can do. ^^;
But that's the game in a nutshell, and why I like it. ^^

Edit:
I've been lurking on the development forum for a while and I've been contemplating whether to buy TTS to play this or not but I'd probably have to read the rules over a few dozen times before I actually attempted to play with other people :V
We're fairly welcoming to new players... as in "we'll kill you right away so you can see us play and learn from that". :D
Just kidding. But we do take our time to explain the rules (we're not perfect either and need to ask about a few rules as well, so explaining the game to a newcomer is not much of a difference), as well as the functions of TTS.
So really, the only thing keeping you from trying out Danmaku!! over TTS should the cost of TTS itself. ^^
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 04:25:16 PM by ShadowNCS »

draganuv15

We're fairly welcoming to new players... as in "we'll kill you right away so you can see us play and learn from that". :D
Just kidding. But we do take our time to explain the rules (we're not perfect either and need to ask about a few rules as well, so explaining the game to a newcomer is not much of a difference), as well as the functions of TTS.
So really, the only thing keeping you from trying out Danmaku!! over TTS should the cost of TTS itself. ^^

The cost of TTS isn't a problem for me, so I guess there really isn't anything keeping me from playing with people :V

Though I will probably need a few reminders about rules since I also learn better tactile learner than I am any other kind. I have read over the rules though so I have a basic gist of things as well.

My timezone is GMT/GMT+1 as well but sometimes I'm up at weird hours so this is kind of a moot point really :V :V :V

Mew seeker

• Find things
I thought this might be interesting to post.
Today I was looking in pixiv for some pictures to show to a friend when suddenly I found this :
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48337182
The world sure is small. :3

You can wish for anything!

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
Lately people have been starting messages they send us with "I've been following you for awhile and..."

It makes me feel a bit stalked.  :wat:

Also scarves make everything cooler

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
Lately people have been starting messages they send us with "I've been following you for awhile and..."

It makes me feel a bit stalked.  :wat:
Start worrying when someone says "I've been following you since you were born and..."