Author Topic: Help me 1cc EOSD  (Read 2047 times)

Help me 1cc EOSD
« on: April 29, 2014, 06:08:35 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm just a fan who has never been able to 1cc a Touhou game on Normal, and I'm doing EOSD.
Now before you tell me I should go play Imperishable Night/Mountain of Faith I've been putting my blood, sweat and tears into EOSD for a while and I have no plans to change as I have already adapted. I'm just looking for tips on improving, and anyone who can help me. For the record, I'm using MarisaB and I've tested and found that MarisaB is the best option for me.
Also yes I have read the stickies in the HME forum and I've searched in other places for help but I'm assured you guys are the real deal.
I mostly need help with Stage 5-6 but tips for all stages works :D
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=33100

Drake

Re: Help me 1cc EOSD
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 09:37:19 AM »
Your strategies are mostly fine and you have good bombing habits. I doubt it'll take you long to get the 1cc.

Stage 4:
- The enemies that fire three-way shots at you are either aimed directly at you or away from you (on Normal they're all aimed at you). You can mostly stay still and tapdodge it easily, rather than moving around and spreading the bullets into a mess.
- You should probably learn the pattern for the part where the lines of enemies fly onto the screen and fire the three-way stuff in big waves. They come in a fixed order and are pretty trivial once you know where to move. The first line comes down on the left, then down the middle. Then they come horizontally from the left, so you want to start on the right and sweep them moving to the left. Then they do the same from the right, so you sweep them moving to the right. Then a mirror happens; they come down from the right, down from the middle, sweep right, sweep left.

Stage 5:
- I think you're moving too much at the green-red-blue aimed part before midboss Sakuya. You should only have to tap two or three times to dodge the whole thing.
- Also, try to actively speedkill the wallfairies afterwards. You want to be in the middle at the end of the above part to kill the first, then the next are on the left, right, then middle again.
- You do Misdirection properly, but you aren't waiting long enough for the knives and end up moving too much.
- The final wave before Sakuya is all aimed; I'm not sure if you wanted to bomb for items there or not. Again it's just a tap or two.
- For Luna Clock, try getting a bit higher up on the screen right before the knives show up (about 1/4 the way up on Normal), since they appear relative to your position. Getting them higher means they'll spread out more.

Stage 6:
- I find that if you stay on one side at the beginning, you catch the enemies before they shoot.
- The circle waves are aimed, you can just tapdodge those too.

I think a lot of your troubles can be resolved by figuring out some good tapdodging technique and identifying which patterns that can be tapdodged.

Here's a quick playthrough, excuse the few silly deaths. You should be able to see what I'm talking about above.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:22:19 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 03:41:05 PM »
Thanks! This advice has really helped me! :D

Drake

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 12:31:33 AM »
Actually silly me forgot how far you can get up the screen on Luna Clock. Mainly I say about 1/4 the way up because that's roughly where the circle of bullets gets to, but I forgot that it's much easier on Normal because the bullets are so small, and they're aimed at fixed angles. You can actually get very close to Sakuya, as long as you stay just slightly to the left or right of directly underneath her. That way the bullets from the circle will all fly right by you and you're up really high for the knives to spawn.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -