Author Topic: [Minecraft] [1.8.x] MotK Minecraft Server - WORLD BACKUPS AVAILABLE!  (Read 194633 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Minecraft] [1.8.x] MotK Minecraft Server - Refreshing Update Patched!
« Reply #360 on: April 14, 2015, 07:13:55 AM »
Undoubtedly. Amid hearing this and other feedback, I would work on immediately implementing this (and as an added bonus, those who already have new world access get to keep it and whatever they have already), but Mojang's authentication servers are down. :U

I did attempt to disable the authentication in server properties, but then it will give a completely different UUID that will run foul of the whitelist. Plus inventories are tied to UUID information.

EDIT: Quick config changes are done. For those just tuning in, see this post for details on what it entails.

Also added: disabled crop trampling from players and mobs. This was set to be the case for some time now (presumably from the StuffStrafe era), but was re-enabled in 1.8 following a complete configuration redo. While the trampling is vanilla behaviour, I also think it is more of an annoyance than something useful.

A small community centre was built on new world, but isn't complete yet. It's also meant to be a temporary thing.

EDIT 2: Nether Fortress and a route to the End is found! Nether Fortress has an open cobble path; as for a stronghold, check a patch of pink wool to the east of the desert village somewhat to the north of spawn, then follow the restone path.

I also nerfed my original unlocked idea a bit as it felt a bit too ridiculous for a single player to take on. Be well-prepared anyways, however!

EDIT 3: (this is not important enough to make a new post IMO):
While I had the time, I decided to go ahead and get the whole unlock quest out of the way legitimately. As that quest states, I am obliged to post the results:

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

So with that, all warps and home-setting work on (almost) all worlds again. No more arbitrary new world warps or /sethome denials! (exceptions are areas where one isn't expected to reside for long, eg. museum)

As for the chest rewards in the second image, I left them there and even spiced them up a little, and reconstructed the End as it was set for the challenge - namely, 2 Enderdragons at once (they cannot, however, damage blocks at all, so pillaring up the obsidian pillars is perfectly workable), regular mobs spawning, and caged Ender Crystals as seen in the console versions of MC.

Name tags are also now craftable. Granted, they are already renewable via trading and AdvWorld loot, but IMO they should be more readily available. The recipe:
[attach=3]
Ink sack, feather, paper, and string. Shapeless recipe - order does not matter.

Lastly, biome changes (except for Nether and End biomes) in either new or old worlds are more than fine with me if you like. I just ask that the area look a little like the intended biome first - eg. if you want mushroom island biome in an area, there should be some mycelium and tall mushrooms around first.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:29:31 AM by DX7_EP »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [Minecraft] [1.8.x] MotK Minecraft Server - WORLD BACKUPS AVAILABLE!
« Reply #361 on: October 11, 2015, 06:48:39 AM »
I felt the need to point this out; admittedly, I should have given the notice sooner. :fail:

Because of a dearth of player activity in the past few months (and my own lack of interest in MC these days), I have decided to suspend server service. Before doing so, however, I have backed up everything* - worlds, plugin data, player inventories, configurations, you name it - onto local storage, and intend to upload it within the coming days.

Perhaps someone else will take the helm from here? :3

* - everything except Dynmap's map renders, that is. Adding those would have made the backup at least 10x / 30GB larger.

EDIT: The world files are up!

I'm still working with the plugins and configurations, however; I'm more than happy to share most of them (eg. plugin configs), but others (eg. whitelists) are better left to administration in the event of a possible successor server.

Quick explanation of the archives:
creative* - Creative world (/warp creative), used mostly for spawnside shenanigans. I doubt the Nether and End here were used though.
gefeliciteerd - Temporary world used as part of that whole 'unlock old world' ordeal I had in mind. The quest went from NW0 (1.8.x) -> AdvWorld 2 End -> Old world (+1.7.3 world) -> AdvWorld 1 End (modded to be a harder fight) -> this -> NW0 again, and it contained some NBT-edited items as a trophy.
hardland - Hard mode survival world (/warp hardland) where flying, home, dynmap, and such weren't an option. I think there was only one base here, aside from the spawn manor.
museum - The Museum of Minecraft History (/warp museum), made to hold BSoD's museum that was previously on flat world. Updated through 1.7.10 IIRC.
newworld - Survival world made using 1.7.3 or thereabouts (/warp world_old2 IIRC). Was made as main world had an older chunk generator, and I had hoped adding new land would increase interest and promote new building.
NW0* - 1.8 survival world (/warp newworld IIRC). I thought it was a neat little place.
world_flat - Flat world of creative content (/warp world_flat), where most of the shenanigans and fun projects are. Now you can ride the AFK Coaster to your heart's content! :P
world_nether - An old Nether that just exists. Nethers in my tenure tended to be tied to AdvWorlds, not this one.
world_the_end - See world_nether, same logic applies to Ends.
world - The 1.2.5 and 1.4.7 world we have called home since mid-2012!
AdvWorlds? - Nope! They remain as temporary as they have been since the StuffStrafe days, so backing these up was never going to happen. :P
1.0-era worlds?! - We had them converted and on server for some time, but they disappeared somehow. I still have Stuffman's original backups of these, and these are still available (albeit in 1.1 format).

I will admit that I could have been considerably more active with the upkeep of this server, more than just keeping it running and functional. Maybe it shows I'm not the type to arrange such events? Ah, whatever, what's done is done, and it's definitely time to move forward regardless.

Anyways, it has been a fun excursion running this on the behalf of the community, and I hope you have enjoyed your visits!
Until the next big piece of news...uh, anyone have stories of clientside destruction, speculative rumours, Magical Girl Shady, bread, odd political declarations, the (rarely sighted, yet highly destructive) DR. STRAAF, and anything else to share? :3
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 08:40:36 AM by DX7_EP »
Bad command or file name

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #362 on: October 24, 2015, 10:57:22 AM »
ARTICLE 15: Shady must be re-married every two weeks
So, were there enough waifus?

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #363 on: October 28, 2015, 03:49:51 AM »
I don't have an up-to-date list of that, actually. Better contact Sparda about it. :P
Bad command or file name

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #364 on: August 02, 2017, 07:38:37 PM »
I am interested in continuing the server by hosting it, I administrate 3 minecraft networks and we have a dedicated server machine that could host the MotK Minecraft server with ease, we also have networks systems in place to enable 1.5-1.12 versions on the same server in parallel.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #365 on: August 03, 2017, 02:17:07 AM »
I think Minecraft has gone stale for almost everyone at this point. A major part of the problem was that nobody had been playing anymore, so there was no point in keeping the server live. It's not like someone suddenly obliterated a playground that was full of peope a day ago, it was more like no one was coming so the toys have rusted and fell apart.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #366 on: August 03, 2017, 02:23:21 PM »
I agree that minecraft has gone stale but we can make a 1.9-1.12 server have classic style PvP, food and generally use the older/classic gameplay mechanics in modern minecraft, many servers on our network do this because of player demand.

We also have some interesting plugins we could add for a large variety of danmaku style particles that players can emit. (These don't do damage!) or a magic glass carpet that appears under the player and follows them around to let them fly in survival.  These could make the ingame world a bit more unique than other plain survival servers

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #367 on: August 07, 2017, 11:49:51 PM »
Interesting, but that largely went around the setup we had here. We preferred to have a vanilla-like setup (with some minor exceptions) that made nobody have to download any mods for their clients. Also, server activity was stagnant for a long time as people lost interest, moved on to other things, life, etc. Even if it were revived, you'd probably only get activity for a short while until people got bored. Minecraft is no longer in its glory days like it used to be, back when we were getting versions up to 1.0's release. I was one of the most active users on this server, and really, at the end, nobody ever logged in.

While I (probably we) appreciate the gesture, I don't think it's going to work here.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #368 on: August 08, 2017, 01:57:26 PM »
My setup wouldn't require mods either, everything is done server-side but I think with some custom plugins/games and new content it could be revived, it probably was stagnant and people lost interest because nothing new was being added to the server and like we all know minecraft was adding junk and was going downhill.  But we remove the junk minecraft adds on our network and keep the old style gameplay that everyone enjoyed while adding cool new features and commands every now and then.  I think it could be successful especially after like 2 years of absence

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #369 on: August 26, 2017, 10:56:01 PM »
The server is up, currently whitelisted while I try and get all the plugins setup exactly how it was before, if you want me to add you just post below your username!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #370 on: August 30, 2017, 09:16:50 AM »
Whilst the endeavour is honestly rather noble, this thread and particular server instance have long past their expiration dates, and thus I will concur with Delfi and BSoD's posts.

I've made a request to lock this current thread to keep it as a historical curiosity. Maybe there will be another community server, but in my opinion, that should have its own thread.
Bad command or file name