Author Topic: Questions regarding Comiket  (Read 15641 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Questions regarding Comiket
« on: August 04, 2009, 11:55:11 PM »
So lately I've been playing Japanese shmups other than touhou... And I have some questions regarding this "Comiket" animal.

From what I gather I assume it's the Japanese shooter version of E3? or is it not specific to shooters... Or is it doujin everything?

Also, it seems that unlike E3 which merely previews games, this Comiket actually releases it, is that true? Also, when people cay "C76", is that short for "the 76th Comiket"?

Anybody know the exact date of the next one? I'm looking forward to the eXceed black package atm.

Drake

Re: Questions regarding Comiket
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 12:08:40 AM »
Doujin everything.
Previews and releases.
Yes.
October 14-16.

http://www.comiket.co.jp/info-a/WhatIsEng080528.pdf

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:43:23 AM »
thanks >=)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 05:53:24 AM »
There is two in every year, summer and winter, both events are generally packed, and has been in history one of the hottest events in Japan ever, even Taiwanese and Hongkies come over for the fun, expect population overload if you are going, and it is not uncommon if you see backpackers and campers outside the waiting line for a good 3 days ahead to get a good headspot.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Drake

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 06:07:19 AM »
Also expect HOLY SHIT TOUHOU EVERYTHING WHAT IS THIS

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 06:30:28 AM »
I'm pretty sure that most of the Touhou stuff is restricted to one day, but it takes up a good part of one hall.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 06:47:31 AM »
So lately I've been playing Japanese shmups other than touhou... And I have some questions regarding this "Comiket" animal.

From what I gather I assume it's the Japanese shooter version of E3? or is it not specific to shooters... Or is it doujin everything?

Also, it seems that unlike E3 which merely previews games, this Comiket actually releases it, is that true? Also, when people cay "C76", is that short for "the 76th Comiket"?

Anybody know the exact date of the next one? I'm looking forward to the eXceed black package atm.

E3 is for Offically Game company review or release news about their prouded games,Comic market is mainly Doujinshi event,even through there's some Game companies or Doujin-related companies (Pink Company as an instance) selling things.

normally we refer 'CXX' or ' CMXX' as Comic Market XXth

2009 winter Comic Market's (C77) holding date is not set yet,but I have some informs about it's included December 31st

Doujin everything.
Previews and releases.
Yes.
October 14-16.

http://www.comiket.co.jp/info-a/WhatIsEng080528.pdf

Comic Market 76 is from August 14th to 16th
not October

There is two in every year, summer and winter, both events are generally packed, and has been in history one of the hottest events in Japan ever, even Taiwanese and Hongkies come over for the fun, expect population overload if you are going, and it is not uncommon if you see backpackers and campers outside the waiting line for a good 3 days ahead to get a good headspot.

Pre-quene is offically not allowed, and only overnight is somehow permitted...strictly

I'm pretty sure that most of the Touhou stuff is restricted to one day, but it takes up a good part of one hall.

Both Touhou project and APH resident at East hall...it's hard battle this time...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:56:18 AM by BloodyTentacle »

Lucarius

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 02:16:21 PM »
Question: Anyone going to C76 on the 15th? If so, wanna meet up at Ariake at 5:00AM? I don't have the guts to go alone and be confident enough to get 12 and 12.3. without drowning in a torrent of meat and sweat.

If this isn't a general thread about questions regarding comiket, sorry.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 02:19:37 PM by Lucarius »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 04:14:15 PM »
Actually, I heard that 12 was going to be released on Friday, but I could be wrong.

At any rate, I won't be showing up until around Noon on Saturday. I did the whole coming early thing last year and that was enough for me.

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 09:17:18 PM »
If I were to go to C76 I wouldn't even get the two new touhou games. They are easy to get after. I'd prefer getting some hard to get doujinshi that won't get reprinted. I'm going to japan next year but I don't know yet if I'll make my trip around the time for C78. Comiket scares me, all those otaku animes where they go to comiket did this to me.

Gpop

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 10:37:13 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bEfkBYdoeU

Upcoming flashes for C76. This is a preview video. Yes, they're making an Orin thriller flash.

More info:
http://mesopota.net/

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 08:01:09 AM »
>Lucarius
I'm going 14th,15th and 16th,but I'll arrived BIGSIGHT at 2-3AM

>Actually, I heard that 12 was going to be released on Friday, but I could be wrong.

most peoples think of this,since it's weird that 12.3 release first but no 12,isn't it?

and,I go CM each time and quene up early before the first JR train.I don't feel a problem.Just make sure you got enough water and sun-shelter in summer and enough clothing in winter, guts and endurance ensure Victory = =)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:09:31 AM by BloodyTentacle »

Lucarius

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 11:05:50 AM »
>Lucarius
I'm going 14th,15th and 16th,but I'll arrived BIGSIGHT at 2-3AM

>Actually, I heard that 12 was going to be released on Friday, but I could be wrong.

most peoples think of this,since it's weird that 12.3 release first but no 12,isn't it?

日本語でおk

I thought they said you had to wait til daybreak until you can wait at Bigsight, but I guess not. I'll be there then.

12 is being released on 8/15, 1st East Hall, Block A-28a, next to Tasofro who is A-28b.

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 11:12:43 AM »
NO...I mean I'll be there before 3am...
惡いですけど,俺(だち)は始电前まだは撤夜組です

Lucarius

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 12:12:50 PM »
徹夜は禁じられてるって思いっきり書いてあるんですけど、厳しくないって事ですかね?

その場合、僕も徹夜して行きたいくらいですよ。初めて+一生に一度のチャンスかもなのですから。御一緒させていただけませんか?

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 12:23:14 PM »
HMM...since we may have some meeting about sharing quene once we're arrived...I don't know when we'll start and end
and the main problem is most of them can't speak in Japanese...OTL(they can read...but not speak)
Sorry

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 04:21:17 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bEfkBYdoeU

Upcoming flashes for C76. This is a preview video. Yes, they're making an Orin thriller flash.

More info:
http://mesopota.net/

It wont let me do the actual clicking stuff, it just goes to a vid.
I wanted to do shoot the movie.
Wotters gonna' wot

VIN

• OH HAI YOH
    • Panchira
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 12:53:47 PM »
AFAIK Comiket not just about Doujins.
1st day for official company, they released some goodies from various games. Such as OST, drama cd, vocal collections, new games preview, merchandise etc
2nd day for doujin products, Touhou included in this genre
3rd day, I'm not sure, maybe another events like cosplay etc?

And it's very common before going there you must have a plan already since it's a one way route. You can't going back because everyone enqueued too.
This is signature

Lucarius

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 03:00:36 PM »
I'm going to West 3 and West 4 for LOiD and GoodSmile, so I know that.

However, I don't know how the one-way system works.

Can you scan a map showing what the one-way routes look like so I can actually get something accomplished that day?

Or rather teach me in general.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 04:52:48 PM by Lucarius »

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 07:19:44 PM »
Just returned home (HK)
>AFAIK Comiket not just about Doujins.
1st day for official company, they released some goodies from various games. Such as OST, drama cd, vocal collections, new games preview, merchandise etc
2nd day for doujin products, Touhou included in this genre
3rd day, I'm not sure, maybe another events like cosplay etc?

well... company booth is located at west 3-4, all 3 days ,not just day1
and all 3 days has doujin booth in east 1-6 and west 1-2,but 3 days have separated series
Cosplay area also opened 3 days

and,the route from west hall to east hall is recyclable through not the same road...