~Bunbunmaru News~ > Ask a *Blank* Archive
Ask a Staffer Ep.18 - Naut
(1/14) > >>
Naut:
Ask questions, receive answers.
Dr.Strafe:
It seems that Marisa is your favorite character. Could you tell us why?

How long have you been playing shmups? How often do you play them?
Iryan:
At what point does a danmaku pattern no longer have "too many safespots"?
XephyrEnigma:
And for that matter, what's more important to you, bombs or lives?
Naut:

--- Quote from: Dr.Strafe on June 15, 2011, 01:36:54 PM ---It seems that Marisa is your favorite character. Could you tell us why?
--- End quote ---

She's awesome. Outgoing, not afraid to speak her mind, life of the party, etc. She's almost always the character I use in the games due to her speed and firepower, which I prefer to have in high quantity.

--- Quote from: Dr.Strafe on June 15, 2011, 01:36:54 PM ---How long have you been playing shmups? How often do you play them?

--- End quote ---

Actively, since October 2008. I had played one or two in an arcade before then but I had no idea what they were. Also played Gradius V before that as well, but not very much. October is when I tried out Mushihimesama, Imperishable Night and Subterranean Animism after watching the "Hardest Boss Ever" video as well as Dracil's IN Extra playthrough (which, at the time, I thought "What the fuck is going on this is awesome"). I didn't start playing specifically to get better until March 2010, where I started playing shmups primarily over other videogame genres like RTS and FPS. I usually play almost every day for a little bit, maybe an hour, though some days I'll play a lot more if I have some free time, and other days I won't play at all because I'm working on a game in danmakufu or hanging out with friends... Or something like that.

--- Quote from: Iryan on June 15, 2011, 01:39:38 PM ---At what point does a danmaku pattern no longer have "too many safespots"?

--- End quote ---

When one can no longer see the background because of the bullets.

--- Quote from: スカーレットの兄弟-XephyrEnigma on June 15, 2011, 01:45:17 PM ---And for that matter, what's more important to you, bombs or lives?

--- End quote ---

Score. Of the two, lives, because I much prefer to dodge stuff over bombing through it, and getting lives gives me more chances to do so.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version