~Bunbunmaru News~ > Front Page Headlines
Yen Press licenses Touhou Suzunaan ~ Forbidden Scrollery
<< < (2/45) > >>
aUsernameIsFineToo:
That price. That publisher. AND ON KINDLE TOO!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAA!
I'm buying this right away. It's great to know that the official manga is now being sold overseas in English, and I have faith in YP producing good translations as I've read a lot of their licensed works. There's no better way to support ZUN and the artists that make this possible than to buy official works from official sources, so this is a purchase I'm definitely making. Hoping this sets a precedent for more official Touhou content in the West! WaHH would be nice, as would VFiS or anything else I missed!
Plubio:

--- Quote from: Lebon14 on May 28, 2017, 01:58:32 AM ---I'd like to buy that but I'll wait for translation feedback before comitting myself to it.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's my biggest concern ? considering how NISA has transtaled some of the PS4 fangames.
Still, I think this is such an exciting announcement. I didn't expect this o:

The downside is paper size I'd say. Paperback is ~30x30mm smaller than original size (A5).
Lebon14:

--- Quote from: Plubio on May 28, 2017, 02:49:38 AM ---Yeah, that's my biggest concern ? considering how NISA has transtaled some of the PS4 fangames.
Still, I think this is such an exciting announcement. I didn't expect this o:
--- End quote ---

Exactly! For exemple, we've known our small Darkness youkai has "Rumia" since the beginning, not "Lumia". If Yen Press preserves names and conserves stuff as we've known them as, I'm all in. I'm buying the manga. I'm mainly a Touhou fan fore lore and mangas afterall...

And, yes, indeed. That's a great news otherwise!
Nook:
oh my god i am going to buy all of them

--- Quote from: Lebon14 on May 28, 2017, 02:56:35 AM ---Exactly! For exemple, we've known our small Darkness youkai has "Rumia" since the beginning, not "Lumia". If Yen Press preserves names and conserves stuff as we've known them as, I'm all in. I'm buying the manga. I'm mainly a Touhou fan fore lore and mangas afterall...

And, yes, indeed. That's a great news otherwise!

--- End quote ---

For what it's worth "Lumia" is probably the "correct" way of spelling her name. There is no official english romanization of it in the games and it's just something the early Touhou fanbase made up, much like Flandre's name.
aListers:
I've woken up at 04:00am just to buy it. This is probably a poor decision both for my body clock and my wallet. It's not that expensive either though. It's about the price you'd expect from a book. It'll be nice to have a physical copy of Forbidden Scrollery. I was planning on buying a physical copy of volume 5 even if it was in Japanese. It's good to know I can also get it in a language I understand. This is also a good excuse to re-read all of Forbidden Scrollery.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version