~Hakurei Shrine~ > Tech Support
Configuring Anex86 for Touhou (repost)
(1/5) > >>
notanineidiot:

--- Quote from: kaorin/^^flandre^^ ---Under the Video Tab:

- Set Update Strategy to use Sync (as opposed to ASync), and set the value to 1.

Under the Wave Tab:

- Set Rate to 44KHz or 55KHz, set the buffer to 16, and check 'use wave out'.

Under the Sound Tab:

- Set 'type' to -86, and check 'real'.

Under the Font Tab:

- Download this font image file (it's basically a Japanese supported font, and it blows the default out of the sky.)

- Put that font into your root anex86 directory.

- Click on '...', and set it to use the file.

Once you're done setting up, hit X and test run to see if everything works right.

The emulator is extremely CPU-intensive, so...I'd suggest raising the Sync value a bit.
--- End quote ---

For Frame Skipping:

--- Quote from: BaitySM ---Config:

Window -> DirectX, Windowed, Fast 2 (may vary acc. to your compy)
Video -> Sync = 1 (you MAY want to increase this number)

Sync = 1; no frame skipping
Sync = 2; 1/2 frame rate (i.e. it skips half the frames)
Sync = 3; 1/3 frame rate
--- End quote ---

Is there any more helpful tips with the "Config" part of Anex86?
Momiji:
I'm using Anex86 under Wine.  When I set Video to Sync: 1 it works in fits and starts (sound and video), at 3 it works better but the sound isn't quite smooth.  Also, the video and audio tend to stop working at times, independently.  Under Async the video works okay, but the sound usually doesn't work at all.
notanineidiot:
I really do not know what is up with the sound in this emulator since on the default setting and the settings that were reposted the sound sounds fine for me. The only difference that I see in the settings is in the video with looks only a little bit nicer on the reposted settings.
LHCling:
To make it a bit better... in terms of clarification.

------

Config:

Window -> DirectX, Windowed, Fast 2 (may vary according to your computer)

Video -> Sync = 1 (you may want to increase this number if you are suffering from massive slowdown)
Sync = 1; no frame skipping
Sync = 2; 1/2 frame rate (i.e. it skips half the frames)
Sync = 3; 1/3 frame rate
etc.

------

ASync works fine for me at the minimum set value; 30. (in fact, it seems better... will check more)

I've also been playing around with the fonts, and found one that actually fits nicely; "MS ゴシック". Your PC needs to support Japanese though (I think?)
Momiji:
I've been playing around with T98-Next, and it works really nicely.  The sound works perfectly too, especially the percussion.  The only hitch I see with it is the text, it's a bit messed up, and there's no way to load a new text bitmap like with Anex86.

This is still all while running in Wine, on a 64-bit Linux install.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version