~Hakurei Shrine~ > Alice's Art Atelier
Art Tips Thread II
<< < (63/63)
GenericArrangements:

--- Quote from: Z_A on June 21, 2017, 05:19:24 PM ---No, really, I think I'll still be using midi a lot, at least to input most of the unaltered notes. Piano roll is just too inconvenient for the task.

--- End quote ---
I completely agree, to be honest. I use MuseScore and export/import MIDIs to external software, because I prefer the manuscript interface. I just meant the use of them as the actual content.

--- Quote from: Z_A on June 21, 2017, 05:19:24 PM ---I know that ^^ I've actually been using this format for years already, but I started trying to arrange Touhou stuff only a little more than a year ago. One of the best things about midi, even to this day, is that it's pretty much universal. Most of the software that has something to do with music also has a means to interpret midi, making it almost as portable as such things get.
--- End quote ---
MP3s and WAVs are also very universal, and manage to keep playback consistent, although the good thing about MIDIs is how easy they are to make, as well as their small size.

--- Quote from: Z_A on June 21, 2017, 05:19:24 PM ---With all your help, I might finally be ready to post one of my arrangements soon. Because, well, I really need some feedback. While I don't think they are utterly awful, there is always room for improvement, right? I'm still not sure where to upload it. Would you recommend something?
--- End quote ---
I use SoundCloud, but after you upload a certain amount of music it becomes a paid service. It lasts quite a bit though. If you can make some kind of a thumbnail, YouTube is another option, although I'd wait until you're confident for that one (it doesn't really matter, just my personal opinion).
Z_A:

--- Quote ---YouTube is another option
--- End quote ---
Yeah... er, no. I mean, Youtube is full of trolls, I'm not ready for THAT kind of public attention. SoundCloud should probably be fine, thank you!
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version