Author Topic: Questions, doubts, requests, answers - Public discussion thread.  (Read 170030 times)

Re: Questions, doubts, requests, answers - Public discussion thread.
« Reply #330 on: May 20, 2019, 10:33:35 AM »
I have been wondering if, so to say, "custom" games are allowed to be made.

In this case, by "custom" I mean games with a non-Touhou setting (original world, characters and such). Not that I don't like Touhou text adventures (as it's the exact opposite : I like them a lot!), but I felt like it'd be best to ask about this beforehand, just to be sure, and I also feel like it'd be better at doing an original setting rather than a Touhou game, should I feel like making one later down the road. In particular, I've seen Greater Centenary Festival take a more customized approach to it, but it also retains Touhou elements. (SDM, characters)
Achieve your mission without regrets.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #331 on: May 21, 2019, 05:29:14 AM »
It's certainly allowed!

That said, you gotta be ready to put more work into it, because it'll need a ton of description to come to life.

« Reply #332 on: May 21, 2019, 09:30:41 AM »
Glad to hear that, thank you for the reply!

I am aware that original settings and characters require quite a lot of work to start and progress them, which is something I feel am okay at, at the very least... except when it comes to descriptions of surroundings/areas (like buildings, for example) and satisfactory conclusions. These aren't really strong points in my case.

Oh, well. I'll read up more before jumping straight into it.

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #333 on: May 22, 2019, 01:27:48 AM »
 :o
Glad to hear that, thank you for the reply!

I am aware that original settings and characters require quite a lot of work to start and progress them, which is something I feel am okay at, at the very least... except when it comes to descriptions of surroundings/areas (like buildings, for example) and satisfactory conclusions. These aren't really strong points in my case.

Oh, well. I'll read up more before jumping straight into it.
I suggest checking both fairly recent and  older stories which are fit for elements fit for your criteria of inspiration (Original Non-Touhou or mostly so ) here and especially in the " Mystia 's Stored Game/Favorites Section",and even more so on https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/board,4.0.html and Kosuzu's (Koakuma's at that time) Section .
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2019, 08:46:53 PM »
After some reading in previous and ongoing games (mainly Quests) to learn both the GM side and players side in more detail, there's something that has came up in my mind that I wasn't able to find a precise answer so far. Namely... what would be okay to be included and what isn't.

Since most (if not all) Quests I have seen so far include danmaku as the fighting method of choice, I hadn't come across situations where, for example, grisly details would be mentioned (like the results of a well executed strike in a swordfight). As not everyone is a "fan" of such things, I felt like it'd be best to ask about this as well. Better to know in advance than make a big mistake, after all! (not that the ideas I have are all about senseless killing, naturally, but big fights are a common theme in them)

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2019, 11:39:01 PM »
There have certainly been more dark and bloody adventures around here before.  For instance, a few post-apocalyptic quests by Dormio and Himiko, as well as the ones set in the Fate and Dark Souls universes.   So violence and its results isn't a deal-breaker on its own; like most things, it'd probably depend on how it's handled by the GM and players.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

« Reply #336 on: June 04, 2019, 02:30:04 PM »
I see, good to know. Thank you for the answer!

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
>Questions, doubts, requests, answers - Public discussion thread<
« Reply #337 on: June 05, 2019, 01:21:09 AM »
I see, good to know. Thank you for the answer!
Good discerning  Mr. Ownage and My "thankings" to " Sophilia " as well ! I also add " Tough Authors"( more under Patchouli's Scarlet Library Section+its Chosen Subsection) like and not just "Lt. Colonel Summers " and partly " Sourfang "and " Purvis ":
remember ,with some sort of implicit or explicit Approval by the Other Players ,incl. "Lurkers Gratefully De-Lurking", + the GM/Parser, there is always the  opportunity to " Act Hard,Play Hard,Be a Die-Hard,Be a Rule-Breaker and...".
Nevertheless it is Best to Keep It " All Ages/Border-All-Ages" and reckon by Matter&Resolution,Perspective&Course-of-Action : is it a Good, Creatively Nice , Smart Alternative Course or at least a Decent Unlocking one?
Or is it,even indirectly or by long-ish term or a lead-to, a Temptation, a Misunderstanding, a Bad Move,an Excess?

Recently e-g. -I am still a fairly Inexperienced Active CYOA/RP-Player too !    :colbert:  :flowerpower: :sword!:- The only 1 Game-Over Sequence in "Rumia Quest III Revival..." was because of an Excess with Raikaria(Parser/GM) ,kindly accurately and even by-instance, having warned beforehand  :
an Unchallenged/Overlooked Detailed Command <---> Rumia (Least Unsealed,On Her Own at that point) went for Excessively Boxing-In a Fleeing&Frantic Vampire Elis in Daylight - Penultimate Boss/1st Vampire from Makai of the PC-98 1st Touhou Game, Highly Responsive to Prayers - who Counterattacked by Final Grimoire !!!
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .