Author Topic: Melty Blood talk and Favorite Char Poll  (Read 25116 times)

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
Melty Blood talk and Favorite Char Poll
« on: April 21, 2009, 08:42:56 PM »
Well This is a tradional thread concerning the next best fighter next to Touhou's IaMP and SWR (don't take that seriously just a little joke hehe)

I saw the old thread of Melty Blood but thought..."Hey...they didn't have a poll for best chars right. I think i'll start one"
so there ya go. I play Melty Blood Act Cadenza ver B all the time and i absolutely love it ^_^

So post up whatever strategies you may have when playing around or replays too if you want to show some off. I'll send some if you ask so just have fun ^_^.

Also if you feel like posting your worst chars go for that too.

Anyway. My top  chars are
Ciel
Arcueid
Tohno Shiki
Warcueid

To me Ciel has dam good range and speed. I just love playing with her all the time hehe ^_^
Arcueid was my first char when i played the game and she just rocks, same with Tohno Shiki
Warcuied is just hilarious for me! so many times have i won a game against friends thanks to blood rings or something silly happening. Me and War just have hilarious games together I'll show you guys a replay of it later haha

My worst chars are
Kishima
Satstuki
Neco-Arc (both of em)
Aoko

I just can't play them to save my life man. just fail horribly at it. XD
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:46:50 PM by kojiro »
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Moogy

• ※中の人は可愛い男の娘(嘘)
  • 覇道型流離人
    • tsukuru
Re: Melty Blood talk and Favorite Char Poll
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 08:49:37 PM »
hisui is the best fuck off haters

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 09:06:52 PM »
I'm not too great at MBAC, but for top favourite, it'd probably be a tie between Miyako and Tohno Shiki. I find them both really fun to play. Second favourite would be Akiha, mainly for ridiculous j.2C overheads.

Also, it's probably not a good idea to tell people you have a copy uploaded. 

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 09:09:04 PM »
Also, it's probably not a good idea to tell people you have a copy uploaded. 

Why, whatever would you be talking about?

@kojiro: Piracy is a no-no here.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 09:16:15 PM »
I'm bad at this game, but I main Tohno Shiki whenever I do play.

Kishima Kouma is also fun for me.

And Neko Arc Chaos for the "jyan jyan jyan". But really, I'm absolutely terrible with him. BEAAAAMMMMMUUUU!!!!!!!

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 09:17:17 PM »
oh right.
my bad didn't realize THAT'S what's meant by pirating. just wanted to share the game is all. But wait isn't Act Cadenza supposed to be for PC anyway?
...nah scratch that no need to respond to that i'll take that part out then >,>

Edit:
.....oh he did it for me
Thanks? haha
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:19:52 PM by kojiro »
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Benny1

• Die The Death! Sentence to death! Great equalizer is The Death!
  • Dlanor of the Ten Wedges
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 09:34:43 PM »
Wallachia is currently my main.  I'm kinda bad, but I've learned setups that nobody will ever respect and are difficult to punish, and the moment you start to respect or try to punish it, I go into something else that hurts you too.

V.Akiha is just awesome because I love Akiha and she's FAST.

V.Sion is my longest played character probably, but I'm still learning her.

I wrote a guide to playing Neco Arc and know some actual strategy with her lol.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 09:48:40 PM »
Changed my worst...Kishima and Satsuki...they are FRICKIN GROUNDERS! they have so little aerial combat and i suck with just their throws and such. i can't stand it XD at least with Wallachia i got a big area of attack. Chaos i can play too somewhat with all the birds, traps and long range attacks he can do but i just DON'T like him >_>

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 10:46:57 PM »
I play Mech Hisui.  4B FLAMETHROWER AND j.214B CROSSBOW, FUCK YEAH

Thankfully she got some pretty good buffs from Final Tuned to AC.

I'd like to use Kouma since I like grapplers but I can't see it working too well in a game where everyone's in the air all the goddamn time. Nero is my backup, most of my game with him just involves jumping in the air and going HOOAAAAAGH a lot though.

As a side note, we'll probably melt some blood after the SWR tournament coming up in the next few weeks.

Erin

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 03:07:58 AM »
In MBAC I main Arcueid, since she WAS my favorite character until I watched Kara no Kyoukai, after which she was replaced with Ryougi Shiki. So character-wise it goes like this for my faves in order

Ryougi Shiki
Arcueid Brunestud
Satsuki Yumiduzuduzuduzuka

So far Arcueid is the only one I'm any good with in the game though.

Least favorite character would be Arima Miyako because she needs pants.

Tanin

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 04:31:35 AM »
...Satsuki...they are FRICKIN GROUNDERS! they have so little aerial combat
If you are not constantly air dashing with Satsuki, you are doing it wrong.

I'd like to use Kouma since I like grapplers but I can't see it working too well in a game where everyone's in the air all the goddamn time.
You obviously have not seen Kaiimato rape face at pretty much any of the tournaments he goes to.

As a side note, we'll probably melt some blood after the SWR tournament coming up in the next few weeks.
Oh joy.

ON TOPIC
I have no main.  That is all I will say.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 04:44:13 AM »
If you are not constantly air dashing with Satsuki, you are doing it wrong.

ON TOPIC
I have no main.  That is all I will say.

Yeah i tried that but its STILL not enough for me to care to pick her up though haha the damage output in the air with just about any character is much higher compared to teh few hits i can do with her.

So uh you came here just to poke at us 2 posters then? o,o; okay...

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 04:51:56 AM »
ren is hot

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 04:52:43 AM »
haha Ice and his tiny tendencies

also: Sacchin in MBAA is now officially awesoooome (pity about that reach though)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 04:58:58 AM »
hey i'm not a pedo
ren is just hot
i mean
she doesn't talk, she's older than me, she's not human, etc

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 05:01:14 AM »
hey i'm not a pedo
ren is just hot
i mean
she doesn't talk, she's older than me, she's not human, etc

no, you're not a pedo

it just funny how you think ren is hot. Cute, yes. Certainly not hot though.

Which does give me second thoughts.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 05:04:26 AM »
i'm using hot loosely
sacchin is hot though; i won't take that back

Tanin

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 05:30:10 AM »
Yeah i tried that but its STILL not enough for me to care to pick her up though haha the damage output in the air with just about any character is much higher compared to teh few hits i can do with her.
She's not supposed to use her air attacks unless she's trying to score a counterhit.  Otherwise you air throw into 4 way.

So uh you came here just to poke at us 2 posters then? o,o; okay...

I've been here awhile, but pretty much yeah.
Well, if anyone wanted to netplay against me, I wouldn't be against it.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 05:39:25 AM »
yeah i know she's not supposed to do aerials...which is why they suck. but i like to use aerials which is why i avoid her XD hahah. I'm better with her than koakuma no i mean kouma. (i seriously said that once when talking to friends for real >_>)

Yeah i heard that your're 90% bored most of the time XD. haha sorry to say i can't play anything here on campus they block every dam thing (other than pangya)

Benny1

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 12:27:33 PM »
The thing about playing Sacchin is that she is by far without a doubt the hardest character to play and if you do not do extremely well you will get stepped on endlessly and become horrendously frustrated, because unless you are good with her (Denpa), you are awful.  Once you get that hit in, have fun with four way.  Most people can't block two of the mixups, let alone all four.

Ren is irritatingly good against V.Sion.  V.Sion's 5A is incredibly good, you can do such good stuff if you just have that blocked.  Mash 5A and piss them off a lot, 5A tick throw for damage + meter, stuff like that.  It's all wonderful.  V.Sion 5A whiffs on... crouching Len, Neco Arcs, dashing Ciel, and I don't think anybody else.  This makes me RAGE.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 02:46:34 PM »
I will be frank with you.

I main Nero because he can spam birds (before Cadenza)
His range is also quite large and insane.

my second is Nanaya Shiki

third is Red Akiha / Kohaku

----

The reason why I like Nanaya Shiki is without a doubt, or arcade mode I can spam his moves quite desperately, making him a very lethal choice against skilled players even when I am not a skilled player myself. I have defeated a few people on /jp/ online plays (regulars at that) so I know what I am talking about. My only loss? I am not so fast as to be able to pull off 16 hit combos (which is possible)

With Akiha's shoulder bump and combos, I can pretty much says she is better than Kohaku is you do air rage combos. Akiha is fast, easy to use and has knockback on almost every single attack. Plus her light punch is fun to use and has a longer range (what I observed).

Kohaku is awesome, her range is insane, her speed as well, they made it harder to summon the spinning tree in the arcade version, but on PC mode, I normally main her. Her potion throw while mid-air carries quite an insane damage even when the damage level is set to smallest.

Kohaku has quite a number of tricks up her sleeve that makes her quite impossibly one of spammiest characters if it were back in Re-Act. Why? Cactus > punch > hard > lift > potion throw mid air, 7000 damage when set to highest.

Ciel is no more fun for me since Actress Again, I find her moveset terrible.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Moogy

• ※中の人は可愛い男の娘(嘘)
  • 覇道型流離人
    • tsukuru
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 04:35:41 PM »
Anyway it appears that I installed the English patch for MBAC for some reason. This makes the game extremely glitchy and probably doesn't work with caster apps. I should probably install a clean copy eh?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 05:19:30 AM by Edible »

Benny1

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 04:43:28 PM »
I've never heard of it making the game extremely glitchy, and it works fine with caster!

Nanaya is evil.  Learn his strings and you will be gdlk.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 04:55:12 PM »
Kohaku is awesome, her range is insane, her speed as well, they made it harder to summon the spinning tree in the arcade version, but on PC mode, I normally main her. Her potion throw while mid-air carries quite an insane damage even when the damage level is set to smallest.
Those fucking Molatave Cocktails!

Anywho...

Main - NAC
Secondary - Nero

I'm fairly adept with NAC, mainly because I put more effort into learning how he works than I did into the other characters (Yeah probably a wasted effort but if you got something going no use in changing it and fucking your mojo up). His BEEEEAMU special takes up god near the whole screen and one his Arc Drives also makes for a non-escapable attack to use (The Stampede one). NAC's a good character you just have to improvise with what little you have with him.

Although, now that I'm fairly comfortable with NAC, I'm trying to expand on other characters like his brother Nero and Kishima. Nero I'm getting the hang of, Kishima...eh not so much.

Meh, haven't bothered to play AA yet, so yeah...

Moogy

• ※中の人は可愛い男の娘(嘘)
  • 覇道型流離人
    • tsukuru
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 05:00:59 PM »
I've never heard of it making the game extremely glitchy, and it works fine with caster!
Well, okay, maybe it's just my PC acting up. We'll test it later!

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 12:19:57 PM »
Mains are Nanaya and Mech Hisui.  <3 Flamethrowers.

I don't understand anything about blockstrings, mixups or even BnB combos (actually that last one is a lie); I just go with whatever looks like a good idea at the time.  Will probably never be able to play Actress Again in arcades.  Waiting for PS2 version, which will apparently have Ryougi and thus be awesome.  Ryougi = god tier.
Too much of a good thing, and it is no longer good.

deslar`ris

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 04:53:29 PM »
Main: Ren (♡)
2nd: Nanaya
3rd: Kohaku or Hisui

To be honest, I don't really play with any strategy other than acting upon what my enemy could do at their current range. I've played against a few people I know, but haven't tried netplay due to horrid connection.

On another note: Has anyone finished Survival? I can only get up to 43 (44?) before tiring out.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 05:51:40 PM »
i managed to get to 50 before i actually just said "kill me dammit!"  i don't think there is an end to it. Just see how far you get and rank up the points. (did it with Ciel) funny though because i knew Kohaku would kill me

Benny1

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 06:10:18 PM »
I believe it ends after 99.

Of course, it's so simple and pointless I'd absolutely never bother playing that, hahaha.  What a waste of time.  Netplay > survival in every way, as is training mode.  Grindan combos for the win.

Tanin

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 06:15:12 PM »
I believe it ends after 99.

Of course, it's so simple and pointless I'd absolutely never bother playing that, hahaha.  What a waste of time.  Netplay > survival in every way, as is training mode.  Grindan combos for the win.
It does.

But pointless is great when you don't have an internet connection.