~Hakurei Shrine~ > Alice's Art Atelier
[Intro/Social]Shanghai's Artist Coalition Headquarters(AKA Alice's Tea Cupboard)
<< < (2/46) > >>
JT:

--- Quote from: Neko-Gappy on March 08, 2010, 10:49:48 AM ---Fixed.

Also added the recent new additions to the directory.

Now, for a conversation starter - what do you find fun about drawing?

--- End quote ---

Self-expression. Drawing lets me get lots of the cool/weird/funny things in my head, out of my head. It's a good way to relax, too.

And yourself?
Alfred F. Jones:
I like to illustrate stuff from my fics. Most of the time, the art is meant to enhance the reading experience of my written works. But when I draw for its own sake and don't subordinate it to my fiction, it's mostly because I have all these ideas in my head that demand to be drawn and best of all, they're fun action poses and battles and things along those lines. The things I can't express with words, I put into pictures. So yes, count me in for drawing for self-expression.
Gappy:
I draw just because it's fun to draw ^^ I never really thought deeply about it or felt I needed a stronger reason XD I guess I'm a rather simple person. I have the most fun when I'm creating new things. Thus why I really enjoy designing new characters XD I suppose it's also an outlet for my creativity/insanity/the-little-voice-in-my-head. I would go so far as to say it's anything as sophisticated and intentional as self-expression, but...

As for a comic we all contribute in...that sounds like fun! Would it be a touhou doujin or perhaps something original?
Dizzy H. "Muffin" Muffin:
I was thinking Touhou-doujin. My original idea was for it to be done entirely in create.swf, actually, so it'd have to be something you could do with it.
Moerin:
I just like drawing, I guess... Of course, like everything else I do I have to be in the right mood for it, otherwise I never get anything done, and when I do get something done it's, um, well, y'know... But I'm usually just drawing for myself, so the actual quality doesn't really matter that much, ahah.

...I like the doujin idea, by the way.  At the very least, it'd be fun to try out~
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version