Author Topic: Questions, doubts, requests, answers - Public discussion thread.  (Read 170068 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Questions, doubts, requests, answers - Public discussion thread.
« Reply #270 on: May 18, 2012, 11:24:55 PM »
I'd like to add that I don't think there's any way of knowing whether you'll enjoy running a quest unless you try it. At least I asked around quite a bit before I began, and I still didn't know whether I would have fun or not.

If you suck at it, no big deal we have lots of dead quests. If you enjoy it, then you've found something new that you enjoy doing. But I don't think it's possible to know either way until you try it for yourself.

« Reply #271 on: July 14, 2012, 12:39:56 AM »
I was thinking of making an Umineko game and I was just wondering if the games have to beTouhou related.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #272 on: July 14, 2012, 12:42:38 AM »
They don't necessarily have to be Touhou-based, but it's a general rule of thumb that, if you're going to base a game off of an existing franchise, you should base it off of a good one.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

trap her in Makai forever

• I like create.swf by KirbyM and Thefre!
« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2012, 07:39:39 PM »
My game.  :3c
Flying Lolis
KirbyM and Thefre
create.swf forever!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2012, 07:42:24 PM »
Read and show that you actually understand the forum rules first.

« Reply #275 on: July 24, 2012, 08:27:49 PM »
Read and show that you actually understand the forum rules first.
Yes, but I loved my game.
I read the forum's rules yesterday.

Flying Lolis
KirbyM and Thefre
create.swf forever!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #276 on: July 24, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »
If you've only read the rules yesterday then it means you never read them before then. The rules say no spam posting games like the one you made. The forum rules don't care how much you loved your game.

« Reply #277 on: July 25, 2012, 09:52:59 PM »
If you've only read the rules yesterday then it means you never read them before then. The rules say no spam posting games like the one you made. The forum rules don't care how much you loved your game.
Sorry. What was my game? And why was it "spamposting"?

(I have short-term memory loss.)
Flying Lolis
KirbyM and Thefre
create.swf forever!

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2012, 09:56:06 PM »
:derp:

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #279 on: September 19, 2012, 03:58:58 AM »
Ddddumb question: Is this forum acceptable for making recruitment threads for IRC or play-by-email sessions of games like D&D and the like, or solely for forum RPGs?

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #280 on: September 19, 2012, 03:59:58 AM »
Yes, I think. GensoQuest is an IRC-based game, and Taizen can post it here just fine.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #281 on: September 19, 2012, 05:15:28 AM »
Just about all the roleplay threads here are signups and playdate arrangements for the game to happen on another medium.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #282 on: September 28, 2012, 04:30:26 PM »
Hey guys, what exactly IS Rumia/Elly/Cirno/Insert X Character here Quest? Because I have no idea. And Google's useless.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #283 on: September 28, 2012, 04:33:15 PM »
They're text adventures made here on the forum by the members, and in no way do they belong to the canon Touhou. They aren't real games or anything.

Basically, the creator posts a situation, other people tell what they think the character should do, and the creator updates. And so on ad finitum.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2012, 11:34:08 PM »
What would be the best way to shape a player character if he's going to be using stats? I have an idea for something, and since I like using stats to instead dictate the possible actions you can take and all... I wonder what's a fair way to generate one character everyone agrees with.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #285 on: November 03, 2012, 04:25:18 PM »
Why are no players besides Kilga and me posting in Kismesis Kisume Quest?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #286 on: December 02, 2012, 08:11:29 AM »
Why are no players besides Kilga and me posting in Kismesis Kisume Quest?

Eh, personally, I've heard that it's preceded by like eight other quests (Ran I think, and Patchouli maybe, something about a barren path, Nue...), and it's in the same universe as those. So I can't be put to digging up and reading forty-something threads. If I knew where they were, then I could post in two months when I've read them, but... eh.

« Reply #287 on: December 02, 2012, 10:14:19 AM »
You can find them all here. Start with The Barren Path at the bottom of Dead adventures, then just go through the adventures started by Purvis in completed adventures.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #288 on: December 02, 2012, 03:16:15 PM »
You can find them all here. Start with The Barren Path at the bottom of Dead adventures, then just go through the adventures started by Purvis in completed adventures.

Thanks kindly!

Kakyoin

• The truth is all that matters.
  • Nothing more, nothing less.
Touhou roleplay idea.
« Reply #289 on: January 26, 2013, 07:49:56 PM »
So after quitting a roleplay I was GMing for, I came up with a roleplay idea of my own. It's currently unnamed, but the general plot/premise and some explanations are provided, as well as a few ideas for unique posting opportunities for participants.

If anyone has some time to give feedback on it, I would be very grateful. If it sounds interesting to enough people, I would like to move forward with it and actually start this thing up. Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: Posting it in here was suggested to me by other Shrinemaiden members on IRC. If it's better to make my own thread here about it than saturate this thread, I'll do so, just let me know.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:58:59 PM by Kakyoin »

Former GM of the Neo Waking Up From The Dream Forum RP.

Inside this cold heart is a dream, that's locked in a box that I keep buried a hundred miles deep, deep in my soul in a place that's surrounded by aeons of silence...

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
Interesting developements ahoy!
« Reply #290 on: February 25, 2013, 10:45:37 AM »
It would be nice if there were other players,besides Hanzo and myself,to join http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14308.0.html since,on top of exploring-bonding, we are actually coming across a turning point for Sakuya's fate.
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #291 on: March 02, 2013, 02:56:18 AM »
So, yeah, I'm in the process of wrapping up the Rumia Quest universe, due to players either quitting, getting banned, or leaving the site altogether, and being too developed to be easy to jump into now. After the next arc it'll be finished.

The problem is, I'm not sure what to do next. I'm the type of GM that loves to be able to make twists with the player character that is unexpected, because the PC has an element of mystery. It's the whole reason I chose Rumia [And Elly for the side-thing I did once], the whole Ex-Rumia thing. How many other situations can you say Rumia is from Yumemi's world, tried to kill Shinki, died, got corrupted and brought back to life, then got sealed, overpowered her evil self, then her evil side got killed by a tsundere robot?

Basically, can you suggest any other characters with the element of mystery and undeveloped character? If I can find/get suggested a good one, then I can get just as into GM'ing as the players get into playing.

Right now I'm thinking the central character would probobly have to be PC-98. It can't be Elly, I've already had her as a central character and done two different canons for her, same with Yuuka.

There's always the route of making an OC as the main character as well, however, I've never gone down this route before, I only ever use OC's as villians or minor characters. About the closest I got to having an important allied OC was Malus [The tree Elly's scythe was made from], and she didn't do much. If you think making an OC is a good idea, can you give me some tips on how to make an OC that isn't some godawful sue that I'm afraid I'd make.

tl;dr: Main character dilemas. Want character that is as fun and innovative for me to GM and plot for as it is for the players to discover and play.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #292 on: March 02, 2013, 11:59:30 PM »
Personally, I think almost all the characters including many of the main characters could use backstory, and any non-player character has a lot about them to discover. Even Sakuya, who is a player character, is a major unknown in the touhou games.

The Scarlet Devil household as a whole comes to mind, since I don't think it was ever explained what their history was, how they came to Gensokyo, how they became vampires, etc. and not a single member of the mansion has much in the way of established backstory. They'd all be good characters. Though to be fair, you'd have more trouble finding a canonically developed character than an underdeveloped one in my opinion.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #293 on: April 18, 2013, 09:21:34 PM »
I've got an idea to pitch.

Who would be interested in a quest set in pre-border Gensokyo? The time when the Oni ruled Youkai Mountain, and before humans came to Gensokyo [Maybe there could be some, like Reimu's ancestors]. The days before the Spellcard System, before thr Dragon vanished, and before many of the characters even lived. Probably before many youkai went underground too, there would be Satori above ground, for example.

I'm not sure how far back it would be set, but it's a different take on Gensokyo.

I also plan the main character to be whatever type of youkai/mythical/spiritual being the players want, with their powers and key personality traits stemming from that. [Although I might not allow some things, for example, I don't plan the setting to be winter, so no Yuki-Onna, stuff like Dragons and Pheonixes will probobly be disallowed too, things which would be really powerful]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:36:55 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

WBL Studios

• Banned
  • Don't steal his OC ;_;
« Reply #294 on: August 28, 2013, 03:40:19 PM »
The following game idea is a semi-RP, semi-Interview, semi-Guessing Game I blatantly stole from another board.

THE INTERVIEW GAME

The game goes as thus... whoever is the head of the game goes ahead and posts that they're going take applications for interviews.  Now, if you want to play, you publically post that you want to play, but you privately post the game head with which character you're going to be.  Then the game head privately notes you that you're either locked in, or that someone else has already chosen that character, and that you'll have to choose again.

After a while, usually after a set number of people have joined (5-7 at the most usually), then the application phase is over, and it's time for the interview phase to begin.  The game head posts a few interview questions... not too many, maybe 2-5... and the people who are playing post their answers in character.  You're not allowed to say who you are, but you have to answer the questions as if you're that character.  Get into their heads.  Let people know who your character is not by telling them obvious blatant things, but by being that character, giving off that attitude.

The players will have a fair amount of time to finish their interview questions... maybe two weeks.  Just for those of us who can't get online every single day.  And once all the replies are in or time has passed, then everyone who's playing has to guess who everyone else is.  After another decent amount of time... maybe another couple of weeks, or when everyone playing has answered... the game head then reveals who really was whom.

There's a really screwey point system, I don't remember what, but I don't think points would matter too much.  Just doing this for fun.

It's a chance to RP, a chance to read RP, a chance to have RP evaluated almost immediately in a game-like atmosphere.

Anyone interested?  We'll, of course, have to get another game head to 'host' it, because I can only get on a couple times a week, and even that is probably going to change soon.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #295 on: September 11, 2013, 04:12:02 PM »
So, I've read the Shadoweh Quests and I understand why we don't do those anymore, but has anyone considered doing the opposite: a Mafia themed like a Quest? I guess each of the players would give orders to the main character, who would ... either be mayor of the town the players live in, or would interact with specific NPCs ...
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #296 on: September 12, 2013, 12:53:00 AM »
It could be doable. The GM plans a bunch of story routes and players of the various alignments make inputs to reach particular events as their wincon.

« Reply #297 on: October 05, 2013, 11:56:05 AM »
I'm quite new on this thread but what is it really about cause I don't follows.

- Can you talk about any other games apart from touhou and ask question concerning their story line here?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #298 on: October 05, 2013, 01:49:39 PM »
This thread is for questions about Rumia's Party Games area in general. Most GMs running the games here have a Q&A after the game ends. It varies person to person whether they take discussion questions in the middle of a game. If you're not sure, sending the GM a private message will usually get you an answer.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #299 on: November 14, 2013, 04:50:58 PM »
I don't know if this has been answered anywhere, but can anyone, if they are interested enough, jump into any of the Quests? I'm interested in joining in on Yukari Quest but I'm not sure if jumping in on a Quest when I haven't been there for  the entire time is a good idea (I mean I'll read the latest thread so that I at least have a summary of the previous threads plus what's going on now, so it won't be like I'm going in without a clue as to anything).
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!