Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208830 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #720 on: December 26, 2019, 05:22:26 PM »
So are there gameplay consequences of the prologue story? I noticed that Da Vinci is no longer in the Enhance or Shop menus, but there don't seem to be any functional changes in those menus otherwise, and everything else I've had the time to check has seemed normal.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #721 on: December 27, 2019, 06:19:19 AM »
So are there gameplay consequences of the prologue story? I noticed that Da Vinci is no longer in the Enhance or Shop menus, but there don't seem to be any functional changes in those menus otherwise, and everything else I've had the time to check has seemed normal.
As far as I can tell, other than a different "My Room" backdrop and no Da Vinci to annoy you in the shop, there are no other changes while the Prologue is ongoing.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #722 on: December 27, 2019, 02:50:13 PM »
Okay, good. Time to finish off Salem's free quests, I suppose! STAKES FOR THE STAKE GODDESS
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #723 on: December 28, 2019, 10:17:21 AM »
JP's GSSR is absurdly interesting. Class-based this time, with Avengers and Rulers sharing a banner; and Alter Egos, Foreigners, and Moon Cancers sharing a banner.

The catch? LIMITED SERVANTS ONLY. Missed out on Space Ishtar? Roll Avenger/Ruler. Desire a waifu? Roll Lancer. Missed out on Merlin or Skadi? You've got a chance fam.

(Also, Hokusai is entering Arcade, just barely ahead of NA's banner!)

(Also also JP Saber Lily will no longer be Limited, and will be, at this time, the only 4* available in the FP pool!)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 10:26:52 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #724 on: December 30, 2019, 10:09:11 AM »
For our own GSSR, I'm going to go the Knight-side since, if I do end up NP2'ing someone, it'll be likely someone I don't mind NP2'ing.  And all my NP2 5*s are one the other side anyway.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #725 on: January 01, 2020, 06:16:44 AM »
I did 68 pulls on the Hokusai banner and got nothing, just a dupe Suzuka, a third dupe Siegfried, and a fourth Kaleidoscope, but I came back with my leftovers after doing my GSSR and pulled Hokusai with those. I guess the devs took pity because I gave them money (or rather, a gift card my brother gave me for Christmas).

My GSSR was Meltryllis. Not high on my wants list, but definitely still pretty neat. I'm happy with her. Good results overall after a shaky start. And I even have a handful of quartz left.

When I did my GSSR the first pull was a normal Medea but for some reason she had a gold summon animation. On the results screen her card appeared as gold for a moment before flickering and turning silver. Must be some fluke of the GSSR collation I guess. Is that a thing that's known to happen?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 06:21:36 AM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #726 on: January 01, 2020, 06:51:53 AM »
What happened with my GSSR roll?  Two Words.

The results of my GSSR roll (Knight-side) is..,

Karna, a new 5* Lancer.
AND OKITA!!!  DOUBLE NEW 5* PULL!!!
HOLY SHIT!!!!  MORDRED!!!!! TRIPLE NEW 5* PULL!!!!!!!!

Proof:  https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/7094/zO2JTs.jpg

Edit-
Threw a couple of tickets at the Hokusai banner, landed the 5* Event CE.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 07:10:01 AM by Aya Reiko »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #727 on: January 01, 2020, 09:19:15 AM »
What happened with my GSSR roll?  Two Words.
Nice. I've yet to run my GSSR, but I'm probably going to run Cavalry, and I'm probably going to get a dupe. Hoping for Abby.

Two 10-rolls and a bunch of tickets on the Hokusai banner later, I have another Carmilla (NP7 reee), Astolfo (who's now NP5), and Marie. No 5*s as of yet.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #728 on: January 01, 2020, 07:56:55 PM »
Didn't have much quartz thanks to going all out in attempting to get Abby last month, but at the very least I managed to land myself Suzuka on the New Years banner, so there's that.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 04:15:09 PM by Kasu »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #729 on: January 02, 2020, 08:57:01 AM »
From the GSSR, indeed I got a duplicate. Tamamo. But fittingly, last GSSR I picked up the Ultimate Cavern King; so I also picked up the Ultimate Fashionista (True) this time.

And literally the very next 10-roll on the feature banner netted me Hokusai!

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #730 on: January 02, 2020, 01:51:50 PM »
Duplicate Tamamo was pretty close to my number one want from the GSSR. If you ever use Tamamo and she was NP1 before I think getting her to NP2 is a pretty big step up. The extra healing is nice but the ability to charge a little past 100% to buffer against NP drain comes up a lot with her in my experience. If you don't use the Tamamo you already have very much then I guess she's not too exciting though.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #731 on: January 04, 2020, 03:29:12 AM »
My GSSR was something else.
Any note for people playing on JP: The Enmatei rerun is glitchy, any time you return to the event map from anywhere you'll be unable to touch anything unless your device is running on JST. I expect a fix soon, but in the meantime changing your time is the only solution.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #732 on: January 05, 2020, 07:26:18 PM »
My Tamamo is like 99% of the way to her bond CE. Once I have it what CE do you think would be best to put on her on my support lineup? Right now I have Prisma Cosmos on her, but would her bond CE or a 2030 be more useful to people? Do people use support Tamamos?

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #733 on: January 06, 2020, 06:56:17 PM »
My Tamamo is like 99% of the way to her bond CE. Once I have it what CE do you think would be best to put on her on my support lineup? Right now I have Prisma Cosmos on her, but would her bond CE or a 2030 be more useful to people? Do people use support Tamamos?
Either Prisma Cosmos or the bond CE should be fine, just watch to see if there's a significant increase in their usage.
However, a LOT of people place Merlin, Waver, and Tamamo on their caster slot.  Having someone who is not one of those three may get more usage.  (Which is why I have Illya w/ MLB'd Prisma Cosmos on my caster spot.)

- - - -

It's finally happened.  Every single Rider I have is max level.  And the only 4* Rider I don't have is Marie.
Elsewhere...
I'm in desperate need for Void SaltsVoid's Dust.  Musashi needs 'em for her skills, and Okita needs a crapton more for Ascension and Skills.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #734 on: January 06, 2020, 08:30:42 PM »
Hokusai is mind numbing to skill up.

Either Prisma Cosmos or the bond CE should be fine, just watch to see if there's a significant increase in their usage.
However, a LOT of people place Merlin, Waver, and Tamamo on their caster slot.  Having someone who is not one of those three may get more usage.  (Which is why I have Illya w/ MLB'd Prisma Cosmos on my caster spot.)

That's fair. Makes sense. Although the only other Casters I have invested are Amadeus and Hans, and I can't imagine people are too eager for supports of them. At least spamming cookie cutter support sets means people will always have the specific support with the specific CE they need on demand. Even with all the Merlins around I can't always find a Chaldea Lunchtime or 2030 one when I need it.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #735 on: January 06, 2020, 08:32:33 PM »
I have Bond CE Tamamo on my Caster slot because 10/10 bond with Fox Wife is a point of pride that deserves to be showcased 8)

(Also her bond CE is really good and only serves further to make her the definitive Arts support)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #736 on: January 08, 2020, 02:36:46 AM »
Alright, I finished Shimosa. I gotta admit, I don't really understand what the big deal is. I know people hold up the ending of Shimosa as the best thing that's ever happened in FGO but it didn't seem that remarkable to me. And the middle dragged brutally, I think Caster of Limbo is my least favorite character in the game, he's soooo long-winded and annoying... The Samurai Showdown announcer was fun though, I've been playing a lot of Samurai Showdown lately. It is the same voice actor, right? I couldn't find a credit to confirm it but I assume he is?

So now I'm all caught up on story stuff for the first time. I have the vague impression that people hate Lostbelt's story, but I've learned never to trust the opinions of nerds on the internet, so I say bring it on!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #737 on: January 08, 2020, 05:22:57 AM »
Part of it is Shirou Fucking Muramasa chanting a UBW and using a Divine Sword, part of it is because Shimousa is basically FGO's rendition of Makai Tensho. (So much so that the JP trailer was basically copyright struck out of Youtube.)

It's a big deal in Japan, but not so much elsewhere.

Move eternally forward,

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #738 on: January 08, 2020, 06:06:03 AM »
One Ticket = MIKON!

I hope my current 5* lucky streak extends to the JAlter banner...

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #739 on: January 10, 2020, 08:50:29 AM »
DaVinci event re-run is now live!  (Yay! Maintenance ended on time!)

16 tix and 3 10-rolls later and I'm now a owner of a shiny new JAlter.  Also a shiny new and NP4'd COOOOL.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #740 on: January 10, 2020, 10:00:37 AM »
Neat. I only had two 10-rolls left to expend after Hokusai, so getting my first COOL with them works. Nothing else, though.

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #741 on: January 13, 2020, 11:52:37 PM »
Is there some kind of reason a lot of people never level their 5*s above level 80? I keep noticing more and more 5*s at max ascension but only at level 80 on people's friends list, and some of them have been like that for months and months. Maybe they're just really low priority obviously, but I have more embers that I know what to do with during lottery events so it seems like inevitably they'd end up getting something thrown their way. Is it an efficiency thing for people preparing for the Setsubun event or something?

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #742 on: January 14, 2020, 03:57:46 AM »
For some Servants, there's heavily diminishing returns thanks to the level curves (Saber Alter, for example); for others, there's no real point because they're supports (Waver, for example); some just don't farm enough embers to bother when there's a ton of other Servants to raise, never mind it takes over 100 Blazes of the correct type to get from 80 to 90.

Once 5* EXPs are unlocked and 4*s start showing up in the FP gacha, maybe we'll see some of them go up, but I doubt it for most of them.

EDIT: The Challenge Quest name: Doki Doki Alter Club

My fucking sides
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 05:05:30 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #743 on: January 16, 2020, 03:17:11 PM »
I admit I am tremendously curious as to what the original Japanese name for the challenge quest was/is.

I had all three of my Command Seals on-hand last night so I ended up completing it in a rather low-effort attempt (Hokusai/Mecha Eli/support Beebs with Sanzang, Astolfo, and Mash on the bench). In retrospect, one's best bet is probably to run face-first into the challenge with a Challenge Quest Standard entire team of Casters (as long as one of them is a Merlin for tanking Stella).

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #744 on: January 16, 2020, 04:29:42 PM »
I admit I am tremendously curious as to what the original Japanese name for the challenge quest was/is.
I went to check right away after being told, the original name was "Tokimeki Alter Club". So in a way, it's a kind-of-valid localization choice? Maybe? I still giggled, so.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #745 on: January 17, 2020, 05:59:23 AM »

Move eternally forward,

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #746 on: January 17, 2020, 07:50:24 AM »
NA news: FREE SR TICKET INCOMING
What?  Already?  I thought the next one wouldn't be until like November.  Crap, now who do I choose?

Story Locked Options:  Gawain, Tristan, LAlter, Li Shuwen, Medea Lily, and Katou Danzo
Costume Option: Parvati
Other Options: Munenori, Rama, Nezha, Marie, Circe, Chiyome, Carmilla, Yan Qing, and Lobo

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #747 on: January 17, 2020, 01:53:19 PM »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #748 on: January 17, 2020, 05:54:23 PM »
The challenge quest basically came down to grinding out attempts until Arjuna had an NP that didn't insta-kill two of my characters, and then I had an especially good run where my new Meltryllis basically beat the whole quest for me. I had Hokusai on my bench to deal with Brynnhild and didn't even end up needing her. Meltryllis is such a weird character, her damage is kinda bad but she makes it work somehow a lot of the time.

I'm vaguely considering spent my ticket on Circe since I still don't have a good single target Caster, but I'm probably just gonna end up getting an Astolfo NP level.

« Reply #749 on: January 18, 2020, 04:53:15 AM »
I'm torn on who to pick for my ticket between Suzuka, Salter, or Zerkelot. Various reasons for wanting each of them (none of said reasons necessarily being gameplay - given I have NP3 sumanai and NP2 dantes) but dammit I want them all and can't choose

:ohdear: