Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208572 times)

Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #600 on: September 20, 2019, 07:13:10 AM »
I am quite torn on whether to try rolling for Cleo because she's great and I love danganronpa and its artstyle, or to continue rolling for Merlin because he is also great and OP  :ohdear:

Tough decisions with their banners going on at the same time

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #601 on: September 20, 2019, 10:55:51 AM »
If it helps, the Phallus Magus is quite abundant in friend supports, so you can always borrow him barring restricted support gimmicks.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #602 on: September 20, 2019, 03:51:35 PM »
I am quite torn on whether to try rolling for Cleo because she's great and I love danganronpa and its artstyle, or to continue rolling for Merlin because he is also great and OP  :ohdear:

Tough decisions with their banners going on at the same time
Or save for Shimosa which should immediately follow the re-run.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #603 on: September 20, 2019, 05:31:38 PM »
Oh maaan the hardest difficulty of some of the nodes for this event are going to have amazing drop rates for some ascension materials I need a ton of. I'll be able to finish Astolfo and Tamamo no problem.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #604 on: September 24, 2019, 07:24:21 AM »
From what I gather, the "Westerners Only" challenge quest is currently broken.  After selecting your party and pressing the "Start Quest" Button and after a little loading, the game greets you with "Party formation limits have not been reached" and dumps you back to the start screen.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #605 on: September 24, 2019, 10:08:04 AM »
From what I gather, the "Westerners Only" challenge quest is currently broken.  After selecting your party and pressing the "Start Quest" Button and after a little loading, the game greets you with "Party formation limits have not been reached" and dumps you back to the start screen.
Update: It's been fixed.

So much bitching in Reddit about this and comparing it to their FH Challenge Quest whining.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #606 on: September 24, 2019, 01:09:03 PM »
In fairness, at least the Gramps CQ was still playable. I thought the complaining about this was at least somewhat justified given it outright unavoidably crashed the game and was not a problem a year ago the first time this event ran. <_<
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #607 on: September 25, 2019, 01:36:48 AM »
The High Difficulty CQ is...surprisingly reasonable. (When you have the resources to throw boat-loads of 5* Knight-class servants at it, anyway.)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #608 on: September 26, 2019, 06:14:03 AM »
The High Difficulty CQ is...surprisingly reasonable. (When you have the resources to throw boat-loads of 5* Knight-class servants at it, anyway.)
Sent out Raikou, Mash, and a Support Merlin with Mom hitting like a nuke while M&M served up the shields and heals.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #609 on: September 26, 2019, 12:45:36 PM »
I considered a stall team but didn't want to risk dealing with Nito's NP (or Ibaraki's, to a lesser extent), so I just blasted through it as quickly as I could with start-with-lots-of-NP CEs slapped all over everyone. Even without using a boost item I cleared it in less than 10 turns. (IIRC my team was Astolfo/Okita/Enkidu/Tesla/Mash)

Granted, my support was a 10/10/10 NP2 Archer Gil with a Kaleidoscope, but still!
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #610 on: September 30, 2019, 04:01:15 PM »
SAKURARVATI IMMINENT

HERE COMES A SPECIAL GIRL

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #611 on: October 07, 2019, 02:20:30 AM »
Alright, I beat Solomon/Goetia. It took me quite a few attempts to get a winning run, a lot of it seems like it just came down to luck on which attacks he uses, since he kept using his strong AOE attack three times a turn for multiple turns in a row and I just couldn't keep up with the pressure, but I finally had a run where he mixed in a lot more of his multi-hit AOE attack and that let me charge Jeanne's NP enough to stay afloat. I used one command seal for safety on a turn when he might have been able to NP me if he used his charge skill and it's a good thing I did because I definitely would have died otherwise because he totally did do that... Aside from Jeanne my MVP was Ibaraki, she just would not die and must have taken down like 2/3 of his health bar by herself...

On an unrelated note, did anybody watch the first episode of the Babylonia anime? It's on my list but I think I lost track of which streaming service actually has it.

Edit: Oops, I guess Goetia had one more final form. But after the previous one it was no problem.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 04:08:21 AM by commandercool »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #612 on: October 07, 2019, 10:10:58 AM »
On an unrelated note, did anybody watch the first episode of the Babylonia anime? It's on my list but I think I lost track of which streaming service actually has it.
I believe it's Funimation exclusive right now.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #613 on: October 08, 2019, 06:10:14 AM »
Shimosa approaches.  And a gacha banner w/ Miyamoto and Gamer Inferno with it too.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #614 on: October 08, 2019, 11:22:07 AM »
TO-MO-E

TO-MO-E

TO-MO-E

TO-MO-E

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #615 on: October 08, 2019, 12:55:25 PM »
My best chance to try for Shuten until like January is going to be the 19th and 20th. I should have around fifty-ish pulls, maybe more, which I know is still only a tiny chance to pull her, but fingers crossed.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #616 on: October 08, 2019, 10:03:30 PM »
If I wasn't already saving up for Salem I'd totally be dumping most/all my quartz on 10-pulls for Shimosa, but alas.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #617 on: October 11, 2019, 04:26:23 AM »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #618 on: October 11, 2019, 07:43:22 AM »
In my current misadventures with the Gacha, I've managed to recruit Gamer Inferno, Lancer Monk... and a Greek girl with some serious anger issues.

However my 5* drought continues...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #619 on: October 11, 2019, 03:44:38 PM »
It only took three chapter releases, but I finally pulled my first Remnant servant in the form of the Assassin of Para?so. Would've enjoyed Tomoe, but I'll certainly take this without complaining.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #620 on: October 12, 2019, 03:30:54 AM »
Unless something weird happens my next grail project is going to be Ibaraki. I knew she was good, but the further I get into the game the more I realize just how good she is. As someone who ends up playing a lot of stall teams because most of my rare servants are stall-oriented, Ibaraki is a Berserker who can go on stall teams and just live forever. Her synergy with Mash in particular is amazing.

Meanwhile, I finished Shinjuku and I think it's my favorite arc yet. It's so concise but has so much crazy fun stuff in it, and it feels like they've really nailed the pacing at this point. I never felt like I spent too long just reading walls of text without a break and it didn't feel like there was any filler. I never understood why people liked Jeanne Alter before now, but I think I finally get it. I liked Artoria Alter even more, but Jeanne is a fun character. And I'm not really into older men as a general rule, but Mortiarty Papa is preeetty slick.  :D :3

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #621 on: October 12, 2019, 12:58:55 PM »
Yeah Ibaraki is really neat because her skill set covers basically all of a Berserker's weaknesses and she still churns out quality damage. You could do a lot worse!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #622 on: October 12, 2019, 02:18:05 PM »
I realized recently that I pretty much want her on 100% of my teams somewhere because she's so consistent and flexible, and that's what pushed me over the edge into realizing she needs more attention. She wants to be on offensive teams and defensive teams, and she makes a much better tentpole than I expected. The downside is that she's kind of a Golden Sumo hog, but who isn't? :D

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #623 on: October 19, 2019, 04:19:37 AM »
Alright, I saved up 70 pulls for Shuten and waited patiently for her banner to feature her exclusively. Aaaaand... I pulled her after my sixteenth ticket.  :D

I was kind of figuring she would just be fun to have becuase I like her characters, but I just finished Agartha and Rider Of Resistance kind of kicked the crap out of my because all of my teams are really caster-heavy. So an AOE assassin to punish riders that are bullying my casters in difficult multi-class servant battles is going to be nice to have around. Plus, Robin Hood shenanigans!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #624 on: October 19, 2019, 10:11:47 AM »
Nice. I spent my only 30 quartz, and got Danzo; exactly the character I wanted from the banner. Sure, she's kind of pitiful in the DPS department, but Fuuma's mom will always be welcome.

In other news, the second SSR non-Limited Assassin will soon be added to the game; and the very next rate-up for the First Hassan is the last one for him as far as our Clairvoyance is aware of.

EDIT: With all the awesome banners upcoming and/or already here, I want to remind everyone that you should keep track of your gacha spending. Please, please, please make sure you don't overspend on banners.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 10:27:36 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #625 on: October 23, 2019, 08:27:11 AM »
My 5* servant drought has ended; Musashi has come home.  Also NP3'd Astolfo.

Now to storm the castle!

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #626 on: October 23, 2019, 10:13:19 AM »
I would love to storm the castle but it appears the game crashes if I spend more than roughly 20 seconds out of battle.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #627 on: October 23, 2019, 10:17:46 AM »
"It was, in fact, not daijoubu."

No NEET-hime for me, but at least there's a bunch of gacha CEs (including enough Wonderlands to MLB two of them) to keep me company.

(Also I love Osakabehime's dialouge)

Move eternally forward,

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #628 on: October 23, 2019, 03:00:23 PM »
(Also I love Osakabehime's dialouge)
Agreed. Some of it's pretty great.

That said though, I didn't get much in my obligatory 10-pull aside from two Wonderlands and a Carmilla to NP2 my older one. Kinda sucks too because I was hoping for the NEET, but alas.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #629 on: October 23, 2019, 03:05:50 PM »
Two 10-pulls got me a single 3* Event CE and 19 enhancement fodders. ;_; This is my punishment for straying from the path of Saving For Ereshkigal.

At least five tickets got me two more 3* event CEs and a surprise Seigfried. The game player in me is displeased because I already have more gold Sabers than I know what to do with and I'm pretty sure Seigfried is lower-tier than all of them, but the collector in me is pretty happy.