Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 258317 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #390 on: August 31, 2018, 07:30:48 AM »
Spoiler:
No idea what to do with Abyss Akyuu besides weather her attacks and pummel her afterwards. When she does her Boost attacks she releases one of the ATK/MAG absorbing effects on her so you can damage her normally. If you don't defeat her the first time it goes down then she puts them up again, but after the 2nd time she does something different and doesn't put them back up. For Abyss Kokoro, her Mask effects apply permanent stat buff/debuff effects on characters, including herself. She uses them as her HP is lowered, the final one is I think a buff to her own stats and a debuff to your frontline's stats. The only way to deal with them is to switch characters out, as they're afflicted with the buffs and debuffs she puts on them for the rest of the fight. If you manage her HP and have a lot of damage output you can get out of it with buffs to your attacker's damaging stat, but there's still some severe debuff penalties. The Will of Gensokyo does nothing after all the Abyss bosses are defeated and goes down easily. It only summons 12 Abyss bosses, and they're randomly selected, so if all else fails you can just keep trying until you get favorable summons. Some of these bosses are insane in a group, Akyuu and Kokoro are pretty rough, but so are Tenshi, Mokou, and Eiki, among others.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #391 on: August 31, 2018, 08:24:58 AM »
Yeah, that boss can definitely be sorta luckgarbage. Some of the bosses aren't a big deal and some have gimmicks that are miserable to deal with in a big group.

Opening with a Murakumo-boosted Master Spark with a fat Boost bonus is pretty good because you can wipe out the start of the fight and try to deal with things one-by-one for awhile.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #392 on: August 31, 2018, 08:28:06 PM »
Thanks for help, managed to beat it, just needed some luck. I think i'm finally done with the game.
Spoiler:
probably not going to bother with overleveled bosses on 29f. lol at lvl5600 King :]

« Reply #393 on: August 31, 2018, 09:18:05 PM »
Who in their right mind thought Black Universe was a great idea?

I've been sitting on Hina and Parsee for ages, and it was finally going fantastic, Parsee was almost down, and then she Black Universes Renko and Komachi ONE AFTER THE OTHER and I can't do anything about it and everything just spirals out of control. What a garbage move.

« Reply #394 on: September 01, 2018, 02:38:21 AM »
lol Culex. Arguably the hardest extra boss in the base game. Then you have to level up some more and beat the final boss ver2

I had way more trouble with all the enhanced bosses before.  Fucking Mirror and that other shit are the worst things by far even over leveled.  I destroyed Culex.

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #395 on: September 01, 2018, 04:11:31 AM »
Enhanced Mirror and Magatama were particularly irritating even among the post-main game bosses, except for Desire-Eating Demon.
I walk one step, and I?m visiting a shrine
I continue two steps, and I?m spirited away
I tread three steps, and I?m playing god
I arrive with four steps, and ****

« Reply #396 on: September 01, 2018, 05:51:55 AM »
Enhanced Magatama isn't that bad. As long as it doesn't use Razor Wind in it's first two turns, you can just wreck it with repeated DRK attacks. Dropping your hp to 1 means nothing if you can kill it before it gets off an aoe attack. Given how many strong DRK attackers there are, that isn't hard. It might be trickier now that Gambler's nerfed, but the overall strategy should be the same. I'll see how it goes on my current game, but I suspect Reisen, Eirin and Kasen will pulverize it fairly quickly.

Enhanced Mirror is far easier. It's very vulnerable to SIL, which neuter's both it's damage and it's MND. Resisting almost everything is annoying, but Patchouli, Utsuho or Marisa can just tear through it with their affinity piercing skills. They also don't suffer from using their strong MYS attacks since it doesn't resist MYS more then any other element. Or you could just murder it with Mountain Breaker since it doesn't resist PHY. Nazrin's PHY attack and species bonus might work, but her stats are so awful that I doubt she'd do any damage at all.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #397 on: September 01, 2018, 03:05:34 PM »
How do I remove the rock in the Floor 10 Extra area? I've recruited Renko and Maribel, beat the enhanced boss rush and took care of The Second Sun and Desire-Eating Demon.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #398 on: September 01, 2018, 04:30:50 PM »
How do I remove the rock in the Floor 10 Extra area? I've recruited Renko and Maribel, beat the enhanced boss rush and took care of The Second Sun and Desire-Eating Demon.
Go up the stairs next to the rocks, and toggle those green circles. They should have been orbs or something like most switches, but ah well. XD
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #399 on: September 01, 2018, 05:39:05 PM »
Go up the stairs next to the rocks, and toggle those green circles. They should have been orbs or something like most switches, but ah well. XD

I did wonder why those were there, but I never would've thought those were switches, thanks xD

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #400 on: September 01, 2018, 11:28:21 PM »
I could swear I saw someone with a LoT2 charagraph for LoT1. I wonder if that's available online? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it using the search feature...

« Reply #401 on: September 02, 2018, 01:36:12 AM »
I'm pretty sure one of the links in the first post leads to it.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #402 on: September 02, 2018, 02:39:34 AM »
I don't think so. Most of them are from before LoT2 was even released, though I might be wrong. I suppose I could check it out.

EDIT: I found it, from here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5pnxoh24gv504rb/LoT2+CharaGraph+for+LoT1.rar

Also found this from here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/t1v567p5sced1zl/Labyrinth+of+Touhou+Special+Disk+English+Patch+1.1.rar
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 02:56:44 AM by Xarizzar »

« Reply #403 on: September 03, 2018, 12:35:37 AM »
Do you guys know if a patch to fix overflows has been promised/scheduled or if the game is considered over by 3peso?

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #404 on: September 03, 2018, 12:53:30 AM »
I don't think he considers it to be over, but he did say he wanted to play that new Etrian Odyssey game, so we'll probably have to wait until he beats that/gets some rest, first.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #405 on: September 03, 2018, 02:23:09 PM »
Just yesterday he was tweeting about the new Etrian X game and what the medic's role has become when you can just passively heal with Hero and Princess, so yeah, he's enjoying his break still. XD (I'm concerned by what google translate was saying in the EOX second tweet... uh... I'm going to assume it's all horribly mistranslated @.@;;; )

But I doubt he made all that ridiculous scaling content just to have it all become completely unplayable before you even finish the first loop of the corridor, so, it's just ponderously slow 3peso as usual.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #406 on: September 09, 2018, 06:16:37 AM »
I managed to beat
Spoiler:
Ame no Murakumo on Floor 30
at a reasonable level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GvvyFHmLiw

Using Murakumo's Blessing on Tenshi for that fight, since even Nitori can't deal enough damage to the right arm. LonelyGaruga, what do you think of that decision? And, is there anything I could improve, I wonder? I think my decisions while in-battle could use some work. I might be putting a lot at risk, at times.

On other news, I've also been replaying the first game, lately, and I beat Youmu, with very minimal grinding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWOGQWJ1ECc
Again, definitely was a bit lucky and made some dumb decisions, like leaving Patchouli out for a long time, as well as not starting with Cirno's slow downs, but oh well. I managed to do it on my first try :D

So far, bosses don't seem to hit quite as hard as they do in 2. (Yes, I say that even though I got my Marisa KO'd there, lol)

« Reply #407 on: September 10, 2018, 04:34:49 AM »
Huh, that was a pretty good run, went a lot faster than my own. You could probably have improved upon the consistency a bit, but it looked pretty solid. Maybe skip DEF/MND buffs since they barely do anything. It was unfortunate that Komachi got cursed with bad luck so early on, but that happens.

It'd have involved changes to your party composition, but the
Spoiler:
Right Arm
has very high DEF but very low MND, which makes it more suitable to attack it with MND targeting/defense ignoring NTR/SPI attacks. Though Tenshi's World Creation Press still does massive damage with proper investment, so that was probably a nonissue. Tenshi was probably the best character you could have used in your party for that role, so I think you made the right decision to go that route, and it was very effective, whether or not it could have been improved upon. I dunno why Nitori was doing less damage with Murakumo Slash though, the NTR/SPI affinities should be the same, and I should think Nitori still has higher damage than Tenshi at this point. World Creation Press' 3 MP cost is a lot more compatible with Murakumo's Blessing though, since that 8 MP cost on Murakumo Slash really drains your party's MP resources rapidly. The damage output would go down in the later portions of the fight when characters get down to ~7 MP, and whatever advantages Nitori has over Tenshi wouldn't be worth that issue.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #408 on: September 10, 2018, 05:13:59 AM »
It'd have involved changes to your party composition, but the
Spoiler:
Right Arm
has very high DEF but very low MND, which makes it more suitable to attack it with MND targeting/defense ignoring NTR/SPI attacks.
Huh, I did not know/forgot about that. I think I do have Yuuka leveled up, so she'd be a good alternative for Murakumo's Blessing, though I still doubt she'd be as strong as Tenshi, since Tenshi also has the keystones. I'm going to try her out nonetheless.

Also, I have noticed the uselessness of DEF/MND a bit myself, actually, but haven't figured out why that is (and I'd like to find out). This, in turn, makes their equivalent buffs (and probably debuffs, for the most part) useless, too, which is pretty sad, for an element that I believe to be critically important in this game.

But yeah, if the NTR/SPI affinities are the same, I'm also baffled by Nitori's lack of damage output, considering her attack stat with Maintenance (?). I wonder if it was the lack of synergy skills and Overheat (I think it was called?), early on in the battle? Maybe you'll find out something I haven't, if I showed you.

Oh well, time to experiment.

« Reply #409 on: September 10, 2018, 06:20:14 AM »
DEF/MND aren't doing a whole lot because enemy/boss ATK/MAG is so high that you can't really reduce it much using those stats. I wrote a bit about the game's damage calculations back when 1.103 was the latest version here: https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21095.msg1369819.html#msg1369819. I had calculated the Serpent of Chaos' ATK/MAG incorrectly, as Strategist's damage reducing effect turned out to be nonfunctional, but the principles are the same, and the calculations for the numbers involved are still accurate. At that point, Rasetsu Fist was doing like 5% more damage than a Direct Attack, that's how little normal levels of DEF matter in the face of such overwhelmingly high ATK.

It seems 3peso is aware of this, since accumulating Awakening items for a given character gives them a passive damage reduction effect that caps at 25%, which helps significantly to survive enemy attacks as players progress through higher Corridor loops. This gets around the affinity cap and how VOI resistance is static, since otherwise damage reduction reaches a bit of a plateau once you cap affinity, and VOI attacks are increasingly more dangerous later in the game.

On the enemy side, DEF/MND debuffs do matter a lot less for the most part, but you still have enemies and bosses with overwhelmingly high DEF/MND where they do matter a lot. This is especially the case for the 450f and 550f Corridor bosses, and they help a lot against 30f
Spoiler:
Murakumo's Arms
if you're targeting their strong defense.

« Reply #410 on: September 27, 2018, 06:14:56 PM »
Has anyone else used the Dragon God's Power class?

I've been using it on Aya and noticed that all the "when the user gets a turn" abilities haven't been going off...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #411 on: September 27, 2018, 06:26:58 PM »
It was broken but it got patched and fixed. Are you playing on v1.105?

« Reply #412 on: September 27, 2018, 06:32:52 PM »
I've been playing on the latest translated version - I guess I need to update.

« Reply #413 on: September 27, 2018, 06:42:32 PM »
Yup, it totally works on 2.105
Guess I'm gonna have to switch back and forth between the jp and translated versions >_<

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #414 on: September 27, 2018, 07:46:02 PM »

« Reply #415 on: October 04, 2018, 05:07:01 PM »
I feel like Yuuka and Sakuya got a bit overkilled with the Extra Attack changes (Rin barely feels different), I'd like to see either Master Spark's MP cost reduced (by half perhaps) or make EA only use half MP for extra casts for subclass spells, because as is, it's terribly MP-inefficient, same deal for Sakuya's Private Square.

« Reply #416 on: October 05, 2018, 04:59:43 PM »
I feel like Yuuka and Sakuya got a bit overkilled with the Extra Attack changes (Rin barely feels different), I'd like to see either Master Spark's MP cost reduced (by half perhaps) or make EA only use half MP for extra casts for subclass spells, because as is, it's terribly MP-inefficient, same deal for Sakuya's Private Square.

Yeah sadly that fix was largely overkill. Iirc the issue is that 3peso couldn't have Extra Attack apply only to personal spellcards (which was probably the basic design idea), and this made certain subclass combos overkill (like having Yuuka firing multiple Dragon Sighs^^)

« Reply #417 on: October 06, 2018, 04:07:12 PM »
By the way, I'm still hoping that 3peso is going to publish a patch for the overflow issues eventually... did anybody check out his social feeds as of late?

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #418 on: October 06, 2018, 08:46:50 PM »
There do seem to be some recent (few days old) tweets acknowledging (???) the bugs, if I'm right, but I know no further than that. Sorry. Maybe someone who is more fluent in Japanese can translate?

« Reply #419 on: October 06, 2018, 11:11:54 PM »
He says he'll fix the issues in the next patch. He's also considering implementing caps for level, stat level, and damage in order to help alleviate the overflow issues. If I understand it correctly, the highest he can allow damage to go is 999 trillion, and he'll probably set level to a 7 digit cap.