Author Topic: CPSS8: Imperishable Gift  (Read 126677 times)

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
Re: CPSS8: Imperishable Gift
« Reply #180 on: December 24, 2016, 07:17:52 PM »
I've been incredibly silent (like most of the year, tbf) but I would like to say the following...

Yes, I've received a package XD

Also, sorry to the fairies who waited for me to message saying I had sent my stuff out... and I didn't message at all because a lot of issues have been happening. I did send it out with plenty of time to spare, so there's that <3

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #181 on: December 24, 2016, 07:21:49 PM »
Aaaand it's Christmas! (in Asia anyway, huehuehue) Merry Crimbo, everyone! Onto the present unwrapping! Ooh, I got first blood

--

So this package has been sitting on my floor for like 1-2 weeks now...

Slice went the scissors and... J E S U S     F      IS THAT?? ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW/!?!!?

ITS THE
Spoiler:
1/8 GRIFFON SCALE FIG OF MEDI
THAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED BUT WAS TOO POOR TO GET AND THEN WHEN I FINALLY GOT A JOB AND HAD MONEY AND WENT TO JAPAN LAST YEAR I COULDNT FIND IT!!!!!  :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: [/url]

:getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

BUT WAIT THERES MORE

I went to check my email for non-CPSS related reasons and...

There lay my second present!

(You were right, I was totally expecting a physical one :V )

But thank you Santa! DR1 is a game I always wanted to play (only read the LP) and my friend lent me the vita ver but I.. didn't have a vita (OTL) so now yatta i can finally play it!! :getdown: bless you santa clownpiece :toot:

--

Bonus: trying to find out who Santa is I cancelled out the SG people and those who linked their Steam profiles but it's still a pretty big list  :wat:

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #182 on: December 24, 2016, 08:38:38 PM »
It has begun.

Griffon Enterprise figures. High class for sure! That is some nifty gift there from your Secret Santa.

I will be also adding report links to the first post like last year.

RUNNER UP DA ZE Oh right, Merry Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
(Note to readers: click image is bigger image, yay)

The story
I had received, as I mentioned before, a rectangular shaped box which made liquid sound. The box in question:

Rectangle shape is rectangle.

I was extremely confused when I received this box. The sender is a store in our country which sells all kind of liquor. A very good real life friend of mine usually ships me stuff from there as well as a gift. Upon receiving the box, I almost wanted to open it. But before that, I had sent a Whatsapp to our lolRLFriendGroupChat. Everybody responded something except for three people which one of them was he. That made me even more suspicious. I decided not to open the box and leave it sitting on the shelf until Christmas, just to be sure.
A few days after Santa PM'd me asking whether I had received anything? I naturally answered: "No, I didn't. Probably customs being a jerk. Lets wait one more week". But then the next day I realised: What if this is my secret santa gift? I quickly decided to PM Santa Hakurei back and explained the situation. The response was even more surprising. She said: "Surprise! This is your gift". It all made sense.

Yup, that is a Whiskey Bottle all right. Look at that marvellous package art. Brilliant.

You know, when you buy whiskey like this. You normally hold up the package in front of you. Admire it for a good few minutes. But when you get a Whiskey as a gift, you do more than just admire it. You lick your lips while admiring it. For a good few minutes I did that. It was a bliss. Serenity.

Goodness! 46% Alcohol. Suika would be delighted.
The bottle in its full glory.

It calls to me. But as I have to drive early in the morning, this baby will have to wait a little longer to be tasted. I will surely return to post update of its flavour and impact. I have a special whiskey glass, whiskey rocks and some splendid snacks to go with. I'D BETTER SLEEP FAST TO FORWARD TIME.

As for my Secret Santa...

...should be Edible himself! Or is he!? Because Drake also quite knows that I am really fond of Whiskey. But he is more of a chocolate / biscuit master while Edible is the dude behind a fine taste for whiskey.

EDIBLE, SHOW YOURSELF! SO I CAN THANK YOU!! Thank you! For this present. It is pitty that we cannot share the content. But we'll have to keep that in mind for if I ever hit US von A as tourist.

Thank you!

PS: I like 193 and Junko-sama and Lady Nyan Nyan and.......
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 10:00:44 AM by Helepolis »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #183 on: December 25, 2016, 12:50:01 AM »
As for my Secret Santa...

...should be Edible himself! Or is he!? Because Drake also quite knows that I am really fond of Whiskey. But he is more of a chocolate / biscuit master while Edible is the dude behind a fine taste for whiskey.

EDIBLE, SHOW YOURSELF! SO I CAN THANK YOU!! Thank you! For this present. It is pitty that we cannot share the content. But we'll have to keep that in mind for if I ever hit US von A as tourist.

Got it in one :V

I quite like Ardmore so I hope you enjoy this bottle.  I originally got you something else entirely (a US kentucky bourbon that isn't easily found overseas) but some last-minute horseshit shenanigans prevented me from shipping it your way, so I compromised by getting you some scotch instead.  Sorry about the mixup with Santa Hakurei!

Naturally, let me know whenever you're in the US and we can have many drinks together.  I happen to live near one of the tourism capitals of the country so you may be near at some point anyway!

MERRY
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 12:54:35 AM by Edible »

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #184 on: December 25, 2016, 12:53:07 AM »
Sooooooooooooo then. Two wonderful entries to our event already. You are all insane, you know that <3

Anyway, here comes my post... Except not really. For the first time, I'm doing something a little different this time. To make up for not being about much, and to also build confidence up, I present to you...

A video detailing this year's Secret Santa!

As in, literally, I unboxed the whole thing on camera, and uploaded it. Many huge thanks to my SS this year; you even wrote my actual name in the letter and I can't hug you enough for that <3

Will remove spoiler in 24 hours...
Spoiler:
I got 2 different nail varnish (one of which changes colour), a blue/white merlion plush, a Witch Mercy keychain, smoked squid, a rice meal, and an OVERWATCH FAN BOOK! XD

Also, thanks Maullar for the not-SS-related Xmas card x

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #185 on: December 25, 2016, 12:57:58 AM »
Got it in one :V

I quite like Ardmore so I hope you enjoy this bottle.  I originally got you something else entirely (a US kentucky bourbon that isn't easily found overseas) but some last-minute horseshit shenanigans prevented me from shipping it your way, so I compromised by getting you some scotch instead.  Sorry about the mixup with Santa Hakurei!

Naturally, let me know whenever you're in the US and we can have many drinks together.  I happen to live near one of the tourism capitals of the country so you may be near at some point anyway!

MERRY
I'll drive up to hang out of course

Edible

« Reply #186 on: December 25, 2016, 01:15:58 AM »
I'll drive up to hang out of course

You should do that anyway

For magfest or something

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #187 on: December 25, 2016, 01:32:34 AM »
So, after arranging redelivery, my SS gift arrived.

To be honest, I'm a little surprised it made it, seeing as how they misspelled the country. I guess it wasn't too egregious an error.

Anyway, after attacking it with a pair of scissors, it revealed three items and a note. First was this nifty holder with sliding divider.

Second was a papercraft Shine.
Spoiler:
No, I will not say it.

Third was some rugby candy.

The note mentioned another package which would have stuff to place in the holder, and sure enough, there was an Amazon book with some very nice selections.

I don't know too many people from France so I'm just going to hazard a guess that it was Spotty Len who sent this. Regardless, thank you very much!

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #188 on: December 25, 2016, 01:40:16 AM »
You should do that anyway

For magfest or something
Not this year, maybe next time

Edible

« Reply #189 on: December 25, 2016, 01:42:27 AM »
Not this year

Joke's on you, the next magfest is... next year!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #190 on: December 25, 2016, 01:47:31 AM »

My secret santa has quite surprised me with what was in the box. The customs declaration of a $20 game card had me fooled into expecting it as something for Steam. There's no backtracking the sender from the address this time either. All I can gather is that the gifts were individually purchased and they knew I followed the development of Danmaku!! for a while.

My initial guess was that one of the Parfaits sent to me but the sender's name doesn't match. Trusting my gut on this one though, I'm calling Greatest Dog as my secret santa. Thank you for the wonderful gifts!

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #191 on: December 25, 2016, 01:48:21 AM »
Joke's on you, the next magfest is... next year!
Ugh

Second was a papercraft Shine.
Spoiler:
No, I will not say it.

Draw a little mouth and it can be the sun from Beach Side Bunny
Spoiler:
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #192 on: December 25, 2016, 01:54:32 AM »
Kanjou, have Puppy back me up on this: You sound like a friendly cartoon character. I expect you to teach me about the ABZs.

Edit: Murmur is a fine name. He's great duke and earl of Hell, with thirty legions under him! Not only that, he can make the souls of the dead answer his summoner's every question; and he teaches philosophy!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 02:04:46 AM by Purji Costavis »

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
« Reply #193 on: December 25, 2016, 03:22:24 AM »
Mermer kinda sounds like the merlion version of moon-moon if you think about it. Also explains the blank : 3 expression I guess. Merry X'mas guys!

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #194 on: December 25, 2016, 03:48:38 AM »
while i have no idea if last minute deliveries happened i am currently off-site

no secret santa pics tonight santa needed a break and that is fine

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #195 on: December 25, 2016, 05:12:47 AM »
I'm calling Greatest Dog as my secret santa.

KONO DIO DA ;)

Spoiler:
I'll let you keep believing it until the person who actually has my present reports in here???

What a true mystery, ooh.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 05:14:26 AM by The Greatest Dog »

Edible

« Reply #196 on: December 25, 2016, 05:15:28 AM »
MERRY

This year, Santa gave to me:

A most excellent collection of snacks, including loose teas, chocolates, and gummy santas - plus an adorable duck tea infuser!

Thank you, mysterious contributor!

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #197 on: December 25, 2016, 06:06:59 AM »
It's after midnight so that means its fucking gift timeee :V

My box from Santa. I followed the instructions.

Inside the box!

The contents!

This year, Secret Santa gave me:
Some Touhou pins and a Yuyuko print!
Rolos! fuck yeah Rolos.
A copy of a book titled Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. Wikipedia describes it as "An alternative history set in 19th-century England around the time of the Napoleonic Wars, it is based on the premise that magic once existed in England and has returned with two men: Gilbert Norrell and Jonathan Strange." Sounds interesting.

Thanks for everything, Santa!
As for the identity of my Santa,  ???. I'll guess
Spoiler:
CenturyEgg
because why not.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 03:08:51 PM by yuyukos »
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

CenturyEgg

« Reply #198 on: December 25, 2016, 07:37:29 AM »

As for the identity of my Santa,  ???. I'll guess
Spoiler:
CenturyEgg
because why not.

BZZZT sorry try again haha! Chances are my gift is still stuck in customs SOMEWHERE cause my SS hasn't posted anything as of yet

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #199 on: December 25, 2016, 08:11:28 AM »
Well, seems it's time to reveal my loot for this year's Secret Santa!

Two packages came in the mail over the pan of about a week. Single-content, but that's not something I heavily mind:

Second shot for posterity:

One was simply Amazon's address, and one's was personal, so I should probably open the named one first:
Oh, what's this?!

Imperishable Night!!! The only one I've 1cc'd but, admittedly never actually owned... UNTIL NOW!!! And, yes, Santa, it's definitely one of my favorite of the even-numbered titles, both as a game and character-wise. :3 As for the address and name revealing you... nnnnot really?

Now, let's open that second gift, and-- ...
* The ⑨th Zentillion looks at the note and the receipt and the fact the gift is in black packaging
Well, uh...  :blush:
[nsfw]http://i.imgur.com/uJnm8HZ.jpg[/nsfw]
Spoiler:
Open this last! You said NSFW was okay, making this necessary. i wanted to add more, but the funds are too low for the $4500 sex doll you deserve. Now enjoy your fucking >:( super sayan (sic) cock ring >:( you sick fuck. Merry Christmas, yo, hope you enjoy!

[nsfw]http://i.imgur.com/f1RkqAM.jpg[/nsfw]
Wow, uh... thanks, santa?? For something that kinda needs a partner for its full potential?  :V An onahole or smething might have been the better gift, but... it's the thought that counts AND I spent about ten minutes laughing after I read the message...  :getdown:

As for a guess to who my Secret Santa is, I'm going to guess... Sect?  No, wait, too far west to be him. So uh...? ???
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 08:39:07 AM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

« Reply #200 on: December 25, 2016, 08:38:47 AM »

It's a box!

Moving it from side to side makes sounds that suggest multiple items of differing sizes in there.

The bold "USPS MEDIA MAIL" gives a suggestion as to what might be in there. Without further ado, let's go!

IT'S A MOVIE! It was somewhat popular last year and I didn't see it in theaters so that's definitely something to add to my movie backlog.

Another movie!

Even more Magic Mike!

Looks like my CD collection has grown again! Don't have any of his albums, so this is certainly new. 10/10 will listen to.

My parents have a few M.J. albums on cassette. His music is always good, so yay!

Love Live a gud :V

Here's everything, laid out for easy viewing! As to who it is, I'm completely unsure. Even with the address I'm completely helpless, so let's just play the game of elimination and take guesses after others have been named.

Thanks, Secret Santa!

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #201 on: December 25, 2016, 08:43:10 AM »

it's here

Sweets and Touhou tags! My heart <3

And a hella awesome Marisa plush!

OH GODS
THIS IS SO MENACING

I CAN TRULY EMBRACE THE REM NOW

Feeling inspired to roll once gave me the cutest loot
(The cards are going towards the "I need Aten" fund when that debuts)

What a cute print <3

Judging by the address, I can safely assume
not a lot actually
Aside from them knowing I have a horrible PAD addiction
And having lovely handwriting <3

Spoiler:
also it's eerily close to where I go to school yoooooo let's hang out sometime when winter break is over

SEI

• Constantly uncomfortable.
« Reply #202 on: December 25, 2016, 08:47:47 AM »
Taking a break from packing for vacation to post this. Wow, what a wonderful first CPSS this has been.

Many many thanks to my secret Santa for the GREAT card. I LOVE AWFUL PUNS, HOW DID YOU KNOW???!!!ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Here's an overview of what I got. The
Spoiler:
Meiling
and
Spoiler:
cat mug
are absolutely adorable, and I'm so looking forward having them help keep me awake at work. That's a loooooooot of
Spoiler:
candy
, I'll be sharing them with family and friends because I don't foresee finishing them otherwise. Looking forward to trying them though! Some of it is new to me. Thank you for the amazing gifts and a fantastic first CPSS experience.

I'll be honest, I haven't interacted with enough of you to figure out who sent this............. I'll figure it out eventually(hopefully)?

Also, thank you so much to Santa Hakurei too, for allowing me join so close to the deadline. orz

Gotta go back to packing (and listening to Great Days on loop) now. Happy holidays everyone!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #203 on: December 25, 2016, 10:16:34 AM »
*Spends half an hour trying to get pictures from phone hooked up to computer.*

Just to be safe; I'm going to link to the images since they are from my phone; uploaded to Dropbox and I don't know the sizes.

I have a mysterious; slightly banged-up box

A mysterious letter in a mysterious box

The suspense is killing me. Also my parents.

A mystery inside a mysterious box?

As requested by the Santa... warning: This gives away who it is. If you don't want to be spoilt; don't watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBGF-X1AbHo&user=DoubleVla

Underneath the letter was... Play-Doh and strangely marked Legos?

A locked box? I feel as if I've seen this before...

After a frustrating amount of nagging from my Mum and trolling from my Dad, as well as a failure to understand where to turn the numbers to actually unlock the lock, I figured out the code [8901] I opened the box to immediately be greeted by another mysterious letter. It's THEIR fault for wanting the MYSTERIOUS BOX opened first.

I covered up the name in the card with the envelope so people are not spoilt.

DANISH FOODS. Also a hip flask.

Also a Sakuya keyring. I guess I'll actually have to go get a proper keychain now I actually have multiple keys. It's not like anyone without the same powerlevel as me would get it.

The last image also gives away who the sender is; and it is also semi-NSFW. I had to quickly hide it when I saw it because I was sitting right next to the old man that it would take some 'splaing.

So I waited until I got to my room - WARNING; POTENTIALLY NSFW

In case it isn't obvious already; thanks
Spoiler:
Helepolis

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #204 on: December 25, 2016, 10:27:12 AM »
I am quite amused that nobody has asked me the question: "How does it feel to be the only person from The Netherlands where it is frikken obvious by just looking at the box itself"  HOW IS THAT A SECRET SANTA. HOW!? Oh well  :ohdear:

I was indeed bit iffy about giving you one of my business cards. Apologies if I caused any panic moments  :blush:. Also curious, did you solve the code through the given hints or did you brute-force it by dial spinning?

EDIT:
Also, IT IS DUTCH YOU BREXIT BOY. Though many people confuse Danish (Denmark) and Dutch (Netherlands) :V

Added all links to the report list. I noticed that Edible wasn't even listed there. What the fuck, lol.

I just have to say wow @ all reports. Kanjou's Overwatch Fan artbook, YOU NEED TO SHOW ME THAT FULLY :V
David Bowie, Chocolate, Tohos, and...

Super Sayan GUNGNIR ring? LOL. That can be only one person for sure.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 10:32:38 AM by Helepolis »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #205 on: December 25, 2016, 10:48:46 AM »
Why did I say Danish I knew it was Dutch.

I play enough EU4 to know my Dutch from my Danes. I'm embarrassed.  Dutch/Netherlands. Danes/Denmark. One's in Scandinavia the other's between France and Germany in the 'Low Countries'.

My brain wasn't working and I was being nagged to hurry. That and I'm a babbleing bufoon.

As for the code? My Dad ripped the spoiler open in his impatience. I told them to do the box last but they made me do it first which geld up everyone else and yeah. I believe it had something to do with the blocks however.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 10:54:22 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #206 on: December 25, 2016, 10:56:44 AM »
As for the code? My Dad ripped the spoiler open in his impatience.

artist: Okome

Edit: Your dad is really a troll, lol.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #207 on: December 25, 2016, 11:12:01 AM »
@Helepolis do you.. stock on up boxes and locks for CPSS every year?

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #208 on: December 25, 2016, 11:27:58 AM »
A locked box? I feel as if I've seen this before...
That Undertale package I received for SS last year... be glad you only had one to deal with is all I can say to that :V

Kanjou's Overwatch Fan artbook, YOU NEED TO SHOW ME THAT FULLY :V
Working on it... Will likely NSFW link a number of the pages because... yeah XD

CenturyEgg

« Reply #209 on: December 25, 2016, 11:35:09 AM »
@Helepolis

Spoiler:
Waaah! Onii-chan's dragons!!!
<-- best line
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 11:44:05 AM by CenturyEgg »