Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted to Touhou When... #9: Phantasm. of Flower View Edition  (Read 125732 times)

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
I found an ASMR video of Satori and now I almost always listen to it whenever I need to relax or go to sleep; it actually feels like she is using her hypnosis abilities on me.

Also, when you take interest in mind reading because of Satori.
I just know what I know...

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
Just a general video game addiction thing, I suppose but still somewhat notable:

I frequently groan, grunt, complain, moan, or make other sounds of pain or displeasure upon being hit/dying in video games now. I don't know if it's because of Touhou or just playing too much in general, but I've started doing that for the past two or three months now.

Particular irritating events that are prone to making me outright shout with irritation:

Losing a life on any stage that isn't 4 or better (usually followed by a restart)

Losing a life from not paying attention

Losing a life in general

Losing in general

Being on the receiving end of a critical hit, or being hit by an especially strong attack/one that kills me/one that I should have been able to dodge but didn't because RNG (other video games)

Missing an attack, especially one that had a high chance to hit/was an attack I was really counting on (other video games)

I've also started cheering myself whenever I do well in video games, too. Usually when:

Evading/Dodging an attack

Defeating a boss (Including stage 1-3 bosses)

Taking down an enemy/accomplishing an objective/winning a round in a FPS

Winning an extend

Winning in general

Phantasmal

• I'm good at breaking the forum rules on accident..
Walking through the school hallways, counting the accidental graze you get against other people as if they were bullets while Touhou music plays loudly in your head.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
When you really lost count how many times unique Touhou-fans attempt to graze at hallways and telling about it (probably not only) in forums.

Now imagine that happening on Youkai Mountain.
Well, there's no such thing as tourists, except Outsiders, in Gensokyo. So of course, Tenshi is probably first to be blamed, again.

Still, I found it to be a strange coincidence of my Touhou life, especially when that is my homeland. Still, I can't hold back the sadness of the killed hikers that were mutilated after falling onto sharp rocks or crushed by debris.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
I am currently sick and clearly unable to concentrate effectively.  Even so, I still cannot help but challenge Flandre.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
From a Sakuya, you turned 'Shakuya' and become a Satori suddenly. MIND = 'BOOMED'

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Excuse me?  I'm afraid that I don't exactly follow...

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
Excuse me?  I'm afraid that I don't exactly follow...

Not actually saying that you are mutating into one for real, but your posts now seemed a bit swayed to that direction, from how I see it though. And of course, no one in this website hates you for that change, including myself, because I am sure of it.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
We recently did a video project where the class split into several groups who each made a fake political ad for principal of the high school, featuring either a real person (with permission) or a fictional character.

One of my classmates has the family name of "Chen".

The group he was in made a video with him running for president. During the ad, "Chen" said things such as "It's almost as if they [the students] are unable to fun-CHEN" and that he would be able to implement "CHEN-ges" to make the school better/more fun for students.

Guess who I couldn't stop thinking about?

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
I played Pump it Up Prime because it recently have new Touhou Arrangement song when I found this.

[attach=1]

What the heck is up with the girl on the right? Be honest, there's only one person that comes into your mind.

Note: This song is original song.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:43:02 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
When Dolls in Pseudo Paradise nostalgically reminded you of Chinese TV shows of the 90's and 00's

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
I wanted to play Minecraft again so I started a new world and used "sexyPatchouli" as the seed.

Here, have some hot pics screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/SYBWu

CyberAngel

• Retired

Apparently, Unzan is a boss in Serious Sam. He even grows bigger as you keep shooting him!

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
When you consider making crossover fanfic of Touhou and INHeritage, featuring the latter's TLB
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
When the worst of your indecisiveness is brought out because of Touhou (foreshadowing of predictable avatar change). 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:00:35 PM by Boomer »

When you watch someone play Yu-Gi-Oh and when they say they activate their "spell card" I'm like, "WHO'S AND WHAT SPELLCARD?!".
Then I realize it's not Touhou.
I get stared at.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond

Hah, I never knew this was in my archives for a loooong time. This was a hisory class presentation when I was 13.
Drawn with MS Paint with a only a mouse and Google Image to help.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Why didn't you didn't just paste a pic of her into the chart and decide to draw her yourself instead?

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
I wanted some originality, lol. No, I got no PowerPoint, is it? If a fanart of her, well they'd view me as a weeaboo. And I thought drawing a walfas version of her is easy (which is true). So, I decided that I would draw from scratch. And hey, who doesn't want to experience?

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Again, not sure if this could be considered an addiction, but Touhou is the series that got me into relationshipping.  My personal favourite is MeiSaku (Sakuya x Meiling).

EDIT
I have recently started to practise drawing again, and what better way than to make Touhou fan art?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:41:19 AM by Boomer »

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
So, Kancolle just added a new ship -
Spoiler:
an American ship

And as expexted, she bears quite the uncanny resemblance to a certain someone I'm very sure I don't need to name.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
With the similarities between Touhou and Kancolle increasing, I think this is the best time to declare
Spoiler:
Peace
between us and them.
Also, who's the ship again?

They have fuckall to do with each other... Besides the fact that they both attract a very high number of people who have no real interest in the series other than easy exposition and cash.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:07:25 PM by Romantique Tp »

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
That moment when you thought Koishi was to be blamed after you bought an ice-cream from an ice-cream stand without paying her and both you and the seller didn't even realized what was going on before you walked another 100 meters away.

They have fuckall to do with each other... Besides the fact that they both attract a very high number of people who have no real interest in the series other than easy exposition and cash.
Assuming you're talking about both Kancolle and Touhou?

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Throughout all of yesterday for me, the weather would constantly change on a dime.  The worst part was when it went from sunny to hail within a matter of minutes.  Does Tenshi need to be punished again?

EDIT: I notice that whenever I stretch, I strike a pose like I am about to perform the Master Spark.

EDIT #2: When you watch a timer counting down and Touhou music starts playing in your head because it's like a boss is using a spellcard.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 07:04:57 PM by Boomer »

So I'm playing Muramasa -Rebirth- for the Vita.  Now, it's set in a feudal Japan-like fantasy world, and that naturally means, in addition to the samurai and ninja enemies, you get to face off against a ton of youkai.  I think I squee like anything whenever a youkai that's been in Touhou ends up on screen.

Then there was this treetop level where you jump from branch to branch and are constantly attacked by tengu.  When one decided to fly off screen and not come back down for a good long time, I began yelling at Aya to get back there!

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Did the name ever remind you of Murasa?

No, but that's because I've played enough RPGs growing up to see Muramasa appear as a katana a million times before playing my first Touhou game.

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
There was this one time when I take an English test. Then there was a phrase. I don't really remember what was written there, but I instantly noticed the phrase "the sheep graze" among the words.

I told this to my friend when we discussed it, and his reaction was kind of 'not again...'
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
For a moment, I thought the elevator was playing UN Owen was Her.

I was sadly mistaken.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).