Author Topic: MegaDoll X  (Read 63971 times)

Re: MegaDoll X
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2012, 05:25:38 AM »
Well, that's a pretty satisfying wrap-up.

Congrats on finishing this, Iced. It's been an enjoyable read, and this is probably one of my favorite things I've gone through in PSL. While maybe not as grandiose as some of the 6-digit wordcount stories here, it's what a good fanfic should be: enjoyable to read and a labor of love from a fan. Well done.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2012, 05:35:41 AM »
Ah yes.  I'd like to thank everyone who stuck through me with this mess, and rethank everyone who commented.  It took me way longer then it should have, especially since this was supposed to be a stupid fun project, but I'm done, and relatively happy with the results.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.  I might even have answers.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2012, 09:06:58 AM »
Where the hell is Sigma? As I said before, him showing up is mandatory.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2012, 05:12:12 PM »
As the eight robot masters might have shown, this draws far more from Mega Man 2 then from X.  The only reason I tacked the X on in fact is because just calling it Mega Doll would have sparked confusion.  And because Hourai gets to be Zero because Hourai is awesome.

In addition this ties into why Shanghai and Hourai are different.  Gensoukyo draws in concepts and themes from the outside world.  The theme of the Mega Man series is the titular hero facing off against other robots in order to gain the strength needed to find and stop the evil mastermind behind the chaos.  Shanghai isn't a reincarnation of X.  She's inheriting a title handed down from Blue automaton to blue automaton over the ages.  Which is why she gets to be her cheery dolly self.

And thus when choosing her villain we need to grab someone of equal weight.  And there's only one villain who fits that model.  The big eyebrowed asshole who blew everything up.  Possibly twice.  Wiley/Wile is the source of evil in the story.  The source of the fall.  However there's no succession of Wileys.  Thus Wiley plays himself as the villain.

Similarly there's no succession of Zeros.  Hourai is a reincarnation of the original Zero.  (Poor bastard goes through bodies all the time.)  Which is why she got that lovely tour through cyber space.

Sigma on the other hand is... a sad joke.  He's a pawn of the Zero virus whose only quirk was appearing in every X game, until they finally stopped doing that.  Writing him is boring.

tl;dr  Sigma was killed and replaced by better villains.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2012, 10:12:54 PM »
I about lost it when Alice called Shinki and lost it :C

Incredible read, though, and I love how it all wrapped up rather nicely there at the end.

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2012, 04:36:04 AM »
A very nice read indeed. Now I get to hope for a sequel!

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2013, 07:02:00 AM »

And the heroines, as rendered by Stuffman.  I'd love to do all the dolls, but that would be an exercise in madness, and I feel I owe the main characters something.

For a cheap rush fic I really like this one.  It's too bad that using the dolls more often would spin off even further into headcanon land.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2013, 02:59:06 PM »
And why should you let that stop you? I for one, would like to see more of these guys.
Maybe do an Acceleration of Suguri kinda thing, with a PoV chapter from each of the repaired Eight Dolls?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure